[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone who supported this,suck a fucking dick. What a garbage.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 58

File: Capture.png (152KB, 402x482px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
152KB, 402x482px
Everyone who supported this,suck a fucking dick.
What a garbage.
>>
What is going on with this board lately. Between the bizarre hate boner for Prey, the 24/7 hour "outrages" about Far Cry 5, those bizarre "shitting on every classic old-school game" threads popping up, people genuinely rejocing after the Hitman studio being laid off:
I've seen this board in a really bad shape before, but it was always due to some one individual specific problem - like a big popualar game causing everyone to go into meltdown mode.

Now it's just a weird random slow bubbling of angst and resentment. I've never seen so much impotent, directionless spite here in the many, many years I've wasted on this board. It's getting way out of hands.
>>
>>378041853
summer
>>
>>378043371
>>378041853
>HEY GUYS HEY JUST LET ME EAT THAT SHIT HAHAHAH SUMMER HAHAHHA
>>
>>378041853
>bizarre hate boner for Prey
That game was one of the best single-player games I've played in a while
>get on /v/ to talk about it
>nothing but shitposting
it really has been a few weeks of almost non stop shitposting in every thread for any game
>>
>>378041297
yeah i never understood the hype about this game
it's as mediocre as they get
>>
>>378041853
Weeb propaganda
Notice how there are countless Persona, Nier, and FFXIV threads all praising the game?
>>
>>378041853
Because blind hate is the new trend on /v/ since a lot of new people arrived recently, probably from r eddit and other shit like that since it's clear that they try way too hard to get (You)s like it's karma or reputation
>>
>>378041297
What does it matter to you what other people play?
>>
File: 1493054702161.jpg (29KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1493054702161.jpg
29KB, 250x243px
>>378041853
>What is going on with this board lately. Between the bizarre hate boner for Prey, the 24/7 hour "outrages" about Far Cry 5, those bizarre "shitting on every classic old-school game" threads popping up, people genuinely rejocing after the Hitman studio being laid off:
Every single game you just named is complete dirt. Your point?
>>
>>378041853
>bizarre hate boner for Prey
No fucking idea man.
People on this board now unironically nostalgiafag over Oblivion so I guess it's just the new generation growing up
>>
>>378044338
If a game doesn't have waifu material it goes in the trash.
>>
>>378041853
The Prey hateboner literally ended the day it got cracked. Odd huh?
>>
>>378044450
Name what you play
>>
>>378044450
Please, at least say why they are dirt.
>>
>>378041853
We hate arkane now because they are SJWs.
>>
>>378044645

>hating Arkane

Not gonna happen.
>>
>>378044531
No, people were praising it before it got cracked.
>>
>>378044454
Oblivion is leagues better than skyrim though and does a lot of things better than Morrowind.
>>
>>378041853
It's the weebs. /v/ has always been partial to Japanese games, but it's devolved into nothing but baseless hatred for anything that isn't Japanese-made. 24/7 waifu threads, Persona threads, Nier threads, and Nintendo threads are perfectly fine, but make one thread about a western game and you're immediately called a shill.
>>
>>378044783
Already happened, cuck.
>D2 is SJW garbage and flopped
>Prey is SJW gatbage and flopped
Get fucked
>>
>>378043371
This most schools specifically highs are just now getting out
>>
>>378044471
Kill yourself, falseflagger.
>>
>>378041853
It absolutely has nothing to do this games being shite, right?
>>
>Arkane is maybe the last western dev who make games with real love and passion, good content and interesting game design

>/v/ shits on them
>>
>>378045193
I'm not entirely sure you know what that word means.
>>
>>378045102
How is D2 sjw? I haven't played it, though, nor intend to. First one was kinda mediocre.
>>
>>378045508
They've butchered already short as fuck campaign in favor of stronk independent womyn who don't need no Corvo
>>
>>378044063
>it really has been a few weeks of almost non stop shitposting in every thread for any game
Usually, the shitposting is proportional to popularity/hype for the game.
Nobody was hyped for Prey before it was released, and even after the release, the positive voices were in minority and not obnoxious: yet the shitposting is completely out of control.

>>378044338
>Weeb propaganda
>>378045054
>It's the weebs.
While this seems like a very easy answer (and I've seen a lot of hate for Prey being coupled with "Persona/Nier is so much better", it can just as easily be falseflagging. I am weary of any explanation that is just "identity group XY is behind it". Blaming the weebs is too convenient and thus immediately reeks of bullshit. It certainly is not the whole story here.

>>378044395
>Because blind hate is the new trend on /v/ since a lot of new people arrived recently
That seems more likely. But where did those people come from and why now? Was there some event that suddenly caused migrations that I'm not aware off?
I know blind hate is the current name of the game, but WHY?

>>378044454
>People on this board now unironically nostalgiafag over Oblivion so I guess it's just the new generation growing up
We can jerk off how the young people have bad taste like the old men we have become, and yes. But this is not just bad taste: this is huge volume of deep, vague rage we are talking about. It's not driven by specific taste, it's driven by resentment towards the entire medium. That is what scares me.

>>378044645
>We hate arkane now because they are SJWs.
No, you claim they are SJW's because you are angry. At them and everybody else. My question is, where does this anger come from?
>>
File: 1488497964779.jpg (52KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488497964779.jpg
52KB, 599x600px
>>378046329
>We can jerk off how the young people have bad taste like the old men we have become, and yes. But this is not just bad taste: this is huge volume of deep, vague rage we are talking about. It's not driven by specific taste, it's driven by resentment towards the entire medium. That is what scares me.

Huh, i actually forced myself to belive for some time that it was me just getting older and not gaming industry becoming more and more brainless and shallow, but then i educated myself.
>>
>>378046329
>Blaming the weebs is too convenient and thus immediately reeks of bullshit. It certainly is not the whole story here

But you said yourself that you've seen the evidence. Sure it could just as likely be falseflagging but I don't think so.

Once in a Dragon's Dogma thread some retard was saying that nobody should play the game because it looks like generic western trash. After multiple people telling him that the game is in fact Japanese, he proceeds to say "Oh shit, in that case I'll give it a shot."

To me this pretty much sums up the general weeb ignorance of the entire board.
>>
Whats actually wrong with the second game? I played a demo and really enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1495554718991.jpg (181KB, 628x707px) Image search: [Google]
1495554718991.jpg
181KB, 628x707px
>>378045303
>Hitman 2016 is shit
>No I didn't play it because of the shitty DRM,fuck the developers!
>>
>>378046119
You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>378046329
>That seems more likely. But where did those people come from and why now? Was there some event that suddenly caused migrations that I'm not aware off?
I know blind hate is the current name of the game, but WHY?

US elections and other shit like youtube videos attracted new people and they are trying to blend in by shitposting for (You)s and acting like autistic because "4chan autism". But trust me, mostly is for (You)s. On top of that most of them lurked here for a couple of months and now, always to blend in, are repeating like parrots what they read in those months they lurked.
>>
>>378046119
Doesn't look like forced sjw bs desu, but whatever.
>>
>>378041853
the nintnendo fans stopped taking bait so now the ebin trolzers are moving to other groups
>>
>>378046680
>Huh, i actually forced myself to belive for some time that it was me just getting older and not gaming industry becoming more and more brainless and shallow, but then i educated myself.
Well, I'm a judgemental cunt and I'll happily claim that the Xbox-raised Halo generation is just awful in majority. Just bad taste, bad habbits, bad attention span etc... But while that would explain why they did not have fun with games like Prey - it does not explain the extended hate campaigns going on here.
Like, the second most frequent reason why I saw people throwing shit at Arkane is because "Bethesda stole the IP from Human Head".
Which is... just remarkably fucked up. On so many levels.

>>378046851
>But you said yourself that you've seen the evidence.
I've also seen people throwing shit because they were angry Human Head's Prey 2 did not come out and was "much better game". Absolute majority of people hated it because it's allegedly "generic shooter" and so on.

And there is lot of falseflagging.
I'm not for a second denying that there is quite a lot of deluded weeboos here. But then again there is at least comparable number of people with equally deluded weeb-haters too.
And again: liking jap games does not automatically make you deranged. And weebs have been around here since as long as the site exists, so it does not explain why they would suddenly go all mental now, especially since they should be quite satisfied: they just got two decent games, they don't have to lash out.
So the whole "it's because weebs" does not satisfy me as an answer.

>US elections and other shit like youtube videos
It's not the first elections here, and elections have been over for half a year now. And even if the political situation is more volatile than usual (it's not, not really), it still does not justify this shit.
This shit is literally sick. Like: so profoundly fucked up you can't just wave it away.
>>
File: 1493714788066.jpg (94KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
1493714788066.jpg
94KB, 640x473px
>>378041297
I liked it need yet to play the second one
>>
Dishonored is pretty good. OP sucks cocks.
>>
>>378047549
Yes, some people tend to go on a hyperbole and focus on strange issues. Doesn't make them always wrong, though.
>>
It was sold for like 2-5 dollars. With all the marketing it had it's no wonder people eventually pick it up even though it's trash. Same for Tomb Raider 2013 and Darksiders etc.
>>
>>378041853
There's zero tolerance for discussing video games here, other than The Witcher and Persona.
>>
File: 1457584639216.jpg (51KB, 492x557px) Image search: [Google]
1457584639216.jpg
51KB, 492x557px
>>378041853

Don't worry, just wait it out a little. A bunch of people will literally kill themselves soon and the board will do a soft reset again.

Shitty human beings don't last in life. They will eventually self-destruct.
>>
>>378044338
Wrong.

Nier threads have been full of aggressive shitposting too. OP is right, shit has gotten worse overall very recently.

I remember GTAV coming out on console started a wave way back when.
>>
>>378047549
Im of the halo generation, yet I was also raised on Morrowind.

This board on its good days turned me into a looking glass fan, it has totally gotten fucking vile lately
>>
>>378048108
>There's zero tolerance for discussing video games here, other than The Witcher and Persona.
On a board that is dedicated to discussing videogames, I see this as a big problem. What annoys me the most is that while this place was always seriously flawed, most of the issues were superficial. This to me suggests a pretty profound issue.

>>378048160
>Don't worry, just wait it out a little.
My pet theory is that this board is slowly taken over by what essentially drives the SJW: people PROFOUNDLY instilled with sense of spite, hatered, self-importance, self-victimization and just general spite.
And people like that don't kill themselves. They blame others, and they take out their frustrations on others. They will go very far out to take it out on others. They will do everything they can to destroy others before ever touching themselves.

For a suicide, you need enough dignity and self-awareness to admit that you are at fault. And I don't think people around here have that kind of capacity.
>>
File: consider.jpg (34KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
34KB, 600x539px
>>378048621
it's fucked. /v/ used to be one of the better boards on 4chan because, as moot said, the only rule is "fucking talk about video games". there'd always be a lot of interesting or amusing shit to read.

nowadays if you start a thread about a non-AAA game you are a shill, and that is the end of the thread. if you post about any AAA games (except dark souls, nier, witcher 3, or persona 5) it's a terrible game and that is the end of the thread.

i place the blame at the feet of the influx of redditors who, just as they would mine for reddit points by being smarmy and pass-aggressive, mine for (You)s by posting a torrent of indiscriminate aggression
>>
>>378048292
Nier gets sprinkles of hate. Nothing as bad as anything western.
>>
>>378049450
>>378049371

Im not gonna argue over degrees. Id say about 2-4 weeks ago 1 out of every 5 Automata threads were actually usable and not full of mindless cynicism and anger.

I mean, we've gotten a bunch of good games lately, so maybe its just a bunch of the usual post release popularity backlash hitting the board at the same time for multiple games and other fanbases are the easiest scapegoat.
>>
>>378041297
one of my all-time favorite games.

I'm 26, btw.
>>
>>378044450
Its funny you say that while using a pepe pic
>>
>>378047093
>I know blind hate is the current name of the game, but WHY?
Because shitposting is vicious cycle, they need attention so they shitpost harder and harder and that paints a warped impression on anyone who comes here, they see someone posting shit full of blind hatred and cynism and being quotted a dozen times so they figure that must be the norm and try to do the same thing until everyone is angry beyond the ability to reason.

This is what happens when you push the meme that we hate everything, we stop enjoying everything, nothing good comes from actual hatred, just self-destruction
>>
>>378046119
But you can play as Corvo. "muh SJW boogieman" has damaged your brain kiddo. You're becoming the new SJW. Prey doesn't have anything close to that. You can pick your gender at the beginning and that's pretty much it, unless you have a problem with just playing as an Asian, in which case >>/pol/.
>>
>>378046119
>"How dare them make a female character REEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>378041853
Mad weebshits hating anything western most likely
>>
>>378041297
I played it on the free weekend.

Felt terribly forced and I regret every moment. Story? Bad. Combat? Bad. Stealth? Bad. What was supposed to be the catch? Also fucking full of that random pickupable notes shit.
>>
>>378053646
It's okay. You'll learn how to read someday.
>>
>>378053646
I forgot to add that characters had really questionable proporties. I guess it was somehow supposed to fit to the style of the game but it just made me think that it was made by idiots.
>>
File: 1425872794258.png (76KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1425872794258.png
76KB, 184x184px
>waaaah I don't like thing
>>
>>378053778
That's western """""""""""art-style"""""""""" for you
>>
>>378041853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0oBPtyNb0
>>
>>378053906
I have to say, I still prefer to think these are falseflaggers and regular shitposters, but I'm starting to really understand why some people think the problem is with weebs going mental and shitting up the board.
>>
>>378044645
>we
Arkane is pure!
>>
>>378054171
Didn't the "it's summer" myth get debunked like ages ago?
Also, it's not really summer. The point was that summer was supposed to be bad because there are summer holidays and a lot of kids are at home with nothing better to do so they start flooding the boards with shit.
But it's not summer break anywhere right now. Even if the weather is finer, the kids are still in school. So this does not make any sense.
>>
File: tumblr_npzxgs9ffC1r9g4gho1_250.jpg (24KB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npzxgs9ffC1r9g4gho1_250.jpg
24KB, 250x315px
>>378041853
Dude, /v/ has been shit since maybe 2013.
Hating games without playing them is like breathing for most of people here.
>>
>>378043371
Not a real thing. The board has been atrociously bad for a lot longer than the past ~month.
>>
File: 1393121462003.png (619KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1393121462003.png
619KB, 800x720px
>>378054182
Weebs aren't shitting anything up any more than they have since forever. Don't forget where you are.

If there's a problem, it's people who can't accept that there are people who like different things or have different opinions in general.
>>
The Pro-Japanese, anti-Western attitude has gotten completely out of control for the past year or so. /v/ has always liked Japanese games, but it was never this bad, where even talking about a Western game that's not The Witcher or Fallout New Vegas will get you called a shill. This board is quickly falling into "unusable" status.
>>
File: Console faggotry.png (85KB, 1284x681px) Image search: [Google]
Console faggotry.png
85KB, 1284x681px
>>378054182
What makes you think that the people who make poorly made baits using anime pics aren't also falseflaggers? Look at pic related, anything can happen when you want a (You)
>>
>>378054321
it is in America m8
>>
>>378055801
So don't use it and fuck off. Bye.
>>
>>378041853
Tortanic, Gamergate, and the 2016 election have ruined most of this site. Say "but it was always shit" all you want, but at the very least it was much more tolerable without the extra influx of fags who don't understand board culture and always take the easiest, most fucking basic bait and shit up discussions by giving these retards (you)'s.
>>
>>378056507
I wonder/dread the next thing to happen and how much worse the site can become
>>
>>378056507
It's been going that way since scientology
>>
>>378041853
>the bizarre hate boner for Prey

Did it hurt your marketing tactic?
>>
>>378041853
Because Prey is another one of Arkane's mediocre facsimiles of a classic Looking Glass title. There have been tons of "the real System Shock 3!!!" games, including System Shock 3. Prey doesn't add anything to the formula, save for the mimic ability (which isn't fun to use because the enemies aren't particularly reactive). Prey's setting and character is among the worst of the System Shock clones, it's enemies don't look frightening nor interesting in the slightest, the characters are as boring as they are in Dishonored, and the plot reveal doesn't provide any perspective changing revelations, except for the cutscene when you install your first Typhon mod. It also still possesses the problem that System Shock and its derivatives suffer from which is weak gunplay.

At least it has a decent inventory system and level design. But the strength of the setting and characters is a major component of these games, and is an aspect that Arkane can never competently do.
>>
>>378041853
>Weebs
>/pol/
>Faggots still looking for tortanic 2.0.
>>
>>378056507
I think it's larger, more general issue than that. But otherwise yes. I'd also add the DA2 debacle to that list of turning points.

But I think it's far more gradual and sinister process: while those events may have being somewhat of a breaking points, I think they are more symptoms than causes of this shittiness.

What really bothers me above all is that /v/ gradually becomes what five years ago was the very reason why people got so pissed off. Ignorant, identity-obsessed, and focused on ideological or political issues above games. I'm seeing more and more people who just flat out state "games don't matter, our political insecurities matter more!"
>>
>>378041853
Yeah the board has been fuckier than usual, and school isn't even out yet.

Damn near every thread is filled with military grade shitposting, and it's the same shit over and over. It's either /pol/, le SJWs, shills, weebs, muh boogieman, westcucks, BRAP, angry DMCfags (you know who you are) consolewar faggotry (every god damn thread without fail holy shit), pirates, moral cucks, or some variation of "leave X to Y".

This board needs to chill.
>>
File: assumingcontrol.png (75KB, 295x298px) Image search: [Google]
assumingcontrol.png
75KB, 295x298px
>>378056507
You're not wrong. /v/ wasn't always like this, and only a true newfag would say it was. I still remember the weeks of wall to wall Mass Effect 2 threads, you fucking faggots. Praising it to high heaven, excitedly discussing the plot and which waifu you wanted to fuck and endless Harbinger memes. Mention that game now and it's fucking SJW kike nigger garbage and Bioware haven't made a good game since KotOR.
>>
File: 1490351275147.jpg (44KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490351275147.jpg
44KB, 1200x800px
Commit this image to memory
>>
File: 1493688680634.png (369KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493688680634.png
369KB, 1024x1024px
>>378057037
>BRAP
But that's my favorite new meme.
>>
>>378046930
No, I didn't play it because of the ONLINE REQUIREMENT FOR A SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Wouldn't have played because of Denuvo either, but that comes first. Game is pretty mediocre from what I've seen.

>>378056862
Oh wow, a sane post about Arkane.
>>
>>378057357
>>378056862
>>378056846
Guys, we don't really need proof that you fuckers are around. We already know that.
>>
>>378041853
Faggots baiting for replies like they always have. It's just new bullshit opinions this time.
>>
File: c653140c9be4ac19ac43406893af09a6.png (826KB, 1361x738px) Image search: [Google]
c653140c9be4ac19ac43406893af09a6.png
826KB, 1361x738px
>>378056979
>Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company
>>
>>378041853
It's insincere shitposting.
>>
>>378057498
Nice rebuttal shitposter. Tell me more about how discussing games is ruining this board.
>>
File: 1494356067772.jpg (136KB, 797x876px) Image search: [Google]
1494356067772.jpg
136KB, 797x876px
>>378057192
We became the sjws. We became a parody of a post ironic parody.
>>
>>378057613
It's shitposting.
>>
>>378041853
Kill yourself, cuck.
>>
>>378057342
And it (along with ass posting) killed the Drakengard/Nier threads.
>>
>>378044471
Keep your dating sim cancer in the dating sim genre, you pathetic virgin loser.
>>
>>378057613
>>378057595
First of all: it is more prevailent then ever.

Also, look at this shit:
>>378057754
>>378057357
>>378056862
This is not just shitposting. This is just anguish. This is people who aren't just saying random things to piss other people off: this is people rationalizing systematically their insanely angsty, spiteful attitudes. I think quite a lot of them are actually even sincere in this shit. And notice how they actually support each other and band together.

This is WAY worse than just shitposting. Like: I'm starting to miss the days when shitposting was the worst part of this board.
>>
>>378057192
I remember people critiquing ME2 for thermal clips, a weak main plot, planet scanning, and Daddy issues. But maybe it's because I was actually around.
>>
>>378058014
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: IMG_1752.jpg (223KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1752.jpg
223KB, 800x1200px
>>378055801
Kill yourself, westcuck.
>>
>>378055829
How does this even happen? Is it actual, honest-to-god shilling? I won't believe it's tripe like """brand loyalty"""".
>>
>>378058098
Why do you have to falseflag like this? What do you gain by making any discussion shit? Is your life that empty?
>>
>>378058359
Kys faggot
>>
>>378058335
It's attention whoring.

Doesn't matter what kind of attention. Just attention.
>>
>>378058104
You're not making any point either, you condensing prick. You're making conveniently vague assertions about people's motivations for their opinions, and bemoaning that people aren't acting like you claim you remember from years ago.

You don't have anything useful to say, other than you think other people don't have anything useful to say.
>>
>>378058445
Why not end your own life or even turn to drugs if you have nothing else? Anything would be better than just making the same tired shitpost like >>378058332 >>378058098 , you don't even try to hide your samefagging
>>
>>378041853
Prey feels like you're shooting thin air with a healthbar above it. It's just not as good as it could be.
Hitman might have been okay gameplay wise but I don't see how anybody in their right mind can defend always online singleplayer + episodic release.

FC5 threads are probably /pol/ and /pol/ imposters. The rest are contrarians trying to get (You)s.
>>
gamerate and elections invited a lot of insecure young adults who only play vidya because thats their last resort.
combine this with their lack of success in life and you get the "everything is shit" /v/ mentality.
>>
>>378058120
I remember both the constant ME2 threads and those dissenting opinions, but maybe (You)'re just a cunt
>>
>>378058646
The polarization of US politics had a negative effect on the internet at large. Of course we didn't get spared.
>>
>>378058646
>Prey feels like you're shooting thin air with a healthbar above it. It's just not as good as it could be.
Those are valid reasons to not like it and not play it, they are not valid reasons to shit yourself with animalistic rage as if its mere existence was threatening you
>>
>>378041853
WELCOME TO THE NU-FAMILY SON
>>
>>378058160
The fucked up thing is that pre-Automata those threads were great. People were actually talking about the games, the lore, and the dumbass side content. Sure people argued about dumb shit like Kaine's dick but at least they were talking instead of shitposting. It was a simpler time y'know?
>>
>>378058104
I just want to say that I'm genuinely glad to read a post like yours. Maybe there is still hope for this place. Yeah, it looks like people on /v/ nowadays aren't here for discussing or simply shitposting, they are here to join in sort of crusades against someone or something that you perfectly described.
>>
>>378058104
I liked Doom and Hitman very, but I didn't like Prey and I generally don't care for Arkane's approach to game design. Is every instance of a negative opinion considered a external rationalization of internal cynicism these days? I haven't kept up the DSM.
>>
File: 1493722101349.png (1MB, 631x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1493722101349.png
1MB, 631x1022px
>>378041297
>t. game tester
>>
>>378058951
Fuck off you dishonored SJW cuck
>>
HOW DARE YOU PLAY GAMES I HATE BECAUSE OF MY POLITICAL MOTIVES.
>>
>>378058335
This website has a function to stop such faggotry. Console wars are against the rules. Derailing is against the rules. Stop falling for obvious bait.
>>
>>378059204
or maybe they're just trash you retard
>>
>>378058472
Both you and have been through at least a good couple of Prey threads. Everything that you said has been addressed and proven to be utter bullshit. And yet it had zero impact on your bullshit opinions because those opinions do not exist in relation to games or arguments: only some form of utterly fucked up identity that you desperately need.
I am not going through the same dance again. I'm not going to explain how between four and six games over the course of twenty years are not "tons", how mechanical overlap has never been an issue to you fucks until now, how the enemies you complain about are actually extremely mechanically well designed to compliment the suit of mechanics etc... We have been there.
You are reposting essentially a word-for-word copypasta, over and over again. It much like those fads when everyone suddenly started reposting that one nonsensical complaint about how TW3 has "terrible writing".

These fads are disturbing. And they are growing in prominence. And you joyfully participate on them, because that is what gaming has become for you. A ritual of angst.

And for that, you are going to go out of your way to shit everything up for everyone.

Yeah, this is fucked up. People like you are to blame. Entirely. People who inflicted themselves, like the SJW's on a medium they don't even like anymore: just to spread their own insecurities and foul attitudes.

So fuck off. You did not have an argument back in the actual Prey threads, you don't have it now, yet you insist in reposting the same fucking shit over and over again. You have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to demand someone else's arguments.
>>
>>378057498
>>378058104
Talk about aggressive marketing, you want to create an entire narrative to justify your blind praise for the products. Pretty ridiculous and transparent to anyone familiar with this place.
>>
>>378043371
you know what? i like summerfags now. they seem to be more reasonable than console shitters.
>>
>>378059369
Kill yourself, cuck.
>>
File: 1495665080298.png (308KB, 520x419px) Image search: [Google]
1495665080298.png
308KB, 520x419px
>>378059162
At least you're self aware.
>>
>>378059328
you sound mad that others are having fun and youre not.
>>
>>378041853
sup newfag, your first summer on /v/?

pro tip: its the fucking same as always. fuck off
>>
>>378041853

it's the impact of the rising popularity of politically-inspired or aligned 'trolling' i.e. blind kneejerk edgelord hating, notice all the people in this topic calling you "cuck". it's just a specific part of a much larger cultural trend that's happening all over rn
>>
>>378058098
You're not wrong, we're benevolent and graceful people, while the westcucks come into threads screaming multiple buzzwords.
>>
>>378058646
>Prey feels like you're shooting thin air with a healthbar above it.
Well, yeah. It's a design system that made both System Shock and Deus Ex what they are. Not shooters. There is actually quite a lot of impact behind the shotgun which can knock enemies across the room if it's upgraded, but otherwise: the point is that straight up shooting enemies is not an encouraged or advisable strategy. Also, there is actually a lore-wise explanation of this. And what disturbs me is that when people shat on Deus Ex because the gunplay isn't like in shooters, this was deemed stupid and utter misunderstanding of the mechanics. Why is it different now? When did we move from "Human Revolution suffered from being turned into more of a shooter" to "WHY ISN'T MY SYSTEM SHOCK SEQUEL MORE LIKE A MODERN SHOOTER".

I don't know, I find this profoundly fucked up.
>>
File: 1467802428232.jpg (64KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467802428232.jpg
64KB, 392x500px
/v/ has been terrible for at least a decade. Just enjoy the new ways it aspires to be shit, and enjoy the fleeting good threads when they come.

Please keep typing up huge effort posts for this garbage thread though.
>>
>>378041853
The board/site as a whole has simply got too popular. It's way too big now. All the big boards are ruined, and only some of the smaller boards have escaped.

The whole site has just become a complete parody of itself. Newfags just imitate what they think the culture is, then the even newerfags copy them, and this has snowballed for years into what we have now.
>>
>>378044338
Well, when you release quality GOTY-worthy game after game in a single year you should get some praise. Meanwhile, the west has produced nothing but dogshit trash this year.
>>
>>378059113
Not him, but I don't understand your post. If you browsed even a couple of the last hitman threads you should have got what he's talking about, but you clearly still have no idea. And that's an example I posted since you said that you have nothing against hitman.
Even this thread, does OP look like someone who is simply a negative opinion or that is simply trying to get someone (you)s?
It's ok if you disagree with what that anon is saying and you are fine with people who turned shitposting into endless rabid crusades, but not understanding what he's talking about is unjustifiable if you spent even only more than a week here.
>>
File: 1422176792992.jpg (16KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1422176792992.jpg
16KB, 300x240px
>>378059369
Not him, but I've noticed the same pattern for other games as well. Street Fighter V, Rising Storm 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and many others. Bullshit gets parroted, debunked and in the next thread it shows up again. It's just tiresome. People don't want arguments to get in the way of their 2 minute hate and tribe mentality.
>>
All this time I've wondered why marketing attempts were so limp and obvious for all these years, now I wish they would remained that way. A board dominated by outsourced pajeets working their slave-like jobs. I feel bad for you miserable lot.

>>378059908
XVkun, please.
>>
>>378041853
Newfags trying to fit in by shitting on every game ever created.
Also people who see videogames as political battleground. They're all extremely toxic and cancerous no matter the agenda.
>>
>>378059369
I didn't get any retorts, let alone replies, to my points in the Prey threads, and judging from your interpretation of my use of the term "enemy design" you're definitely confusing me for someone else.

Seeing that you have an affinity to attribute every critique of games you enjoy on this board to a nebulous boogeyman of self-pitying teenagers, I'd say you're the one in need of self reflection. I like lots of games coming out these days and spend most of my time on this board talking about them. You need to start treating posters as individual people in these kinds of discussions if you want to achieve the level of discourse you desire.
>>
>>378060231
Cancer really is the apt word for this. Cancer multiplies, then spreads, and finally kills the host.
>>
>>378059686
>it's the impact of the rising popularity of politically-inspired or aligned 'trolling' i.e. blind kneejerk edgelord hating, notice all the people in this topic calling you "cuck". it's just a specific part of a much larger cultural trend that's happening all over rn
That is only half of it. The other half is... well this:
>>378059684
>>378059609
>>378059495
>>378058472
>>378056862
It's just spite. Not political, just angst and resentment. And I think actually the obsession with political that is a sideproduct of this angst and resentment. It's just a convenient excuse to vent it all out.
>>378060103
It has been going on for a good while. Sometimes it gets flat out hillarious. Like the example of TW3 having "shit writing"? It was almost always accompanied with fairly extensive "rationalizations" based on either vague claims, or completely unrealistic expectations, but they also were almost always accompanied with "How did the game go so bad compared to TW2".

Now the hilarious part comes from the fact that exactly the same happened with TW2. There was the same fad, slightly different justifications, but the same bizzare vague opinion about how TW2 is terrible written being parroted over and over again. You can just see the UTTER mindlessness of these patterns.

Sometimes though, it does start to get more disturbing. The "Arkane Prey is based on stolen IP" has to be an example of one of the most fucked up myths that popped up in the last few years.

>>378060348
>I didn't get any retorts, let alone replies, to my points in the Prey threads, and judging from your interpretation of my use of the term "enemy design" you're definitely confusing me for someone else.
Either you are lying, or worse yet: you just literally copy-pasted text of somebody else (that sure as fuck did got replies to these complaints) and now you are just pasting it further on.
Either option is really, really fucked up kid.
>>
>>378041853
LOL DENUVO SHILL!!!! KEK!!!!!
>>
>>378059369
>like the SJW's on a medium they don't even like anymore: just to spread their own insecurities and foul attitudes.

Pretty much. I had pointed that out in another thread, at this point those crusaders are basically /v/'s version of the social justice warriors.
>>
>>378060670
BTFO!!!
>>
>It was almost always accompanied with fairly extensive "rationalizations" based on either vague claims, or completely unrealistic expectations
Pay attention to this. This isn't autism. This, legally speaking, isn't a retard. This is a person on a paycheck. Sounds familiar? It should. It's the exact same reasoning that IGN guy used to kickstart the entitled meme during the ME3 shitstorm.
>>
File: 983984.png (44KB, 700x788px) Image search: [Google]
983984.png
44KB, 700x788px
Just a reminder for the "oldfags" shitting about how the board is now.

You brought this upon yourselves.
>>
>>378041853
The rise in popularity of 4chan (/v/ and /pol/ specifically) and the lack of appropriate moderation. If the mods starting actually enforcing the rules based on the rules instead of their own fancy it would be better. More public bans. If you notice, its not 4chan as a whole thats this bad, its actually a small amount. It just so happens that the worst boards are the most popular.

Theres also that classic saying that a community that gets its laughs from acting retarded will soon be populated by actual retards that feel at home (or something like that) or "Ironic shitposting is still shitposting".

baiting has always been a thing but now that its actually been encouraged by (You) posting, it just made it worse, now its hip and funny to ironically bait without any kind of hiding. Its like laughing at a kids really shitty joke too much, he'll then think its way funnier than it is and just keep spouting it over and over again.

/v/ dug its own grave. People laughed at something stupid, and now everyone is doing it to get replies thanks to the glorification of the (you) shit. once its over people will wait till the next big shitpost thing and repeat the process.

the skinny; meme culture, rise in popularity of 4chan through the rapid spread of /r9k/ and /b/ stories, lack of proper moderation, and the feeding and glorification of shitposters are some big factors as to why this place has no value anymore. You can say "/v/ has always been bad" but it had its own bad and at least had SOME originality. The only way to explain it, is that this place has no value anymore.
>>
>>378049450
Looks like you haven't been to a lot of threads. But as another anon pointed out, no point arguing over degrees when everyone has shit on their plates.
>>
>>378060583
Yet more deflection via baseless armchair psychoanalysis with tautological polysyllabic adjectives. You're worse than the shitposting cynics, you're a bitter man with no solutions who is hungry for any perceived pattern to justify his preconceptions.

You're why people derail threads with accusations of shilling. You're the fucking ammunition.
>>
>>378041853
You wanna know why?
>>378044450
People actually thinking shit like this is funny, thats why.
>>
>>378061228
I love you
another oldfag who saw the exact same problems, like /tv/ exploding in 5x+ its usual traffic after 2011, etc. moot never stamped out bane so it brought in more /sp/ fags and normies to /tv/ and spread elsewhere like cancer
>>
>>378061220
Makes me think to be honest
>>
>>378061228
>rise in popularity of 4chan through the rapid spread of /r9k/ and /b/ stories
I still consider this the largest factor. A small influx of new users can be self-moderated by the community, by ignoring retards or bullying them until they leave. A large influx can't be stemmed, they have too much support from each other.
>>
>>378061228
This. The board is in dire need of more moderation or stricter moderation, because it's not only the users that are at fault for 20 obvious off topic threads that get 300 replies. And it's not summertime, because this website as a whole has had a drastic drop in quality after 2013 in general.
>>
>>378045054
This. I've only been here since March of last year but I can definitely remember the glut of "WESTEN GAMES ARE SHIT JAPANESE SUPREMACY BABY" posts being a recent development that was nowhere near as prevalent during 2016.
>>
>>378041853
Just don't have /v/ as your main board, you might have some decent discussions but they don't last long and you will end up being called a shill, cuck etc..
this place stinks.
>>
>>378061347
>Yet more deflection via baseless armchair psychoanalysis with tautological polysyllabic adjectives. You're worse than the shitposting cynics, you're a bitter man with no solutions who is hungry for any perceived pattern to justify his preconceptions.
Yes. I, actually thinking that the games matter more than ego of people who are fucked-up enough to think hating something just flat out makes them better, am the real problem.
Also: you heard it first here, folks:
People screaming "SHILLS" because they are literally just angry at people not being negative about a game aren't the problem. People who think such behavior is inacceptable and harmful are the problem.

This I think really just kinda encapsulates the problem here. You'd rather defend the shitposters than those who aren't as jaded as you. You even have the AMAZING AUDACITY to call someone "bitter" for... not being as bitter as you are?

If you'd really care about game discussion, and you'd look at what I posted before, you'd actually find four or five valid arguments. I did not bother to write them up in details, mostly because you had read them before. If you had been in a Prey thread (and I know you were, considering you REPOSTED A COPYPASTA SPAMMED IN THOSE THREADS), you'd already known them in detail.

You actually have the audacity to claim that there have been tons of games in a genre. That "Ton's" is literally this:
System Shock 2 (1999)
Deus Ex (2000)
ARGUABLY VtM:B (2004)
DX:HR (2011)
ARGUABLY Alien Isolation (2014)
DX:MD (2016)

There has been more RTS games (a genre considered DEAD) over the course of last four years, than games in Prey's genre over the course of nearly twenty years.
TONS. OF. GAMES.
That is just the second line of your "criticism". I could go on, and I did in previous threads, but this is actually enough.
This already illustrates how UTTERLY FUCKED UP you are, if you actually make this claim.
>>
>>378061228
>>378061505
>>378061990
As the guy who started this discussion said, at this point what happens in this board is something that goes way beyond simply shitposting and getting (you). Every board has something like that, but that's the only board in which every single excuse is a good excuse to reach that level .
>>
File: katsu.gif (662KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
katsu.gif
662KB, 500x500px
Dishonored was awesome and fun, none of you faggot's can sway my opinion.
>>
>>378041853
Something something pretending to be idiots
>>
>>378041853
>I've never seen so much impotent, directionless spite here in the many, many years I've wasted on this board.
Hello newfag! Feel free to fuck off.
>>
>>378060583
>Either you are lying, or worse yet: you just literally copy-pasted text of somebody else (that sure as fuck did got replies to these complaints) and now you are just pasting it further on.

Yeah, bullshit. Just fucking blatantly lie to avoid getting off your morally righteous pedestal and actually participate in discussion. Not only are my points on Prey formed from my experience with two complete playthroughs of the game, but I've never copied and pasted them. You are talking completely out of your ass, and you're either stupid or stubborn to conceive of the idea that people who played LGS games in the past aren't impressed by Arkane's attempts at spiritual successors.

Are you going to call me a liar again, or going to vacuously spout the word angst like anime critic with a verbal tick?
>>
File: 1492840702814.png (495KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492840702814.png
495KB, 1280x720px
>>378041853
The new summer fags are coming in early.
>>
>>378041853
It's easier to hate than formulate an opinion. New people coming here think 1/2chan is all about hate and want to fit in.
Fucking cancer.
>>
File: 1406686699684.jpg (63KB, 706x655px) Image search: [Google]
1406686699684.jpg
63KB, 706x655px
>>378062671
I agree but don't tell the other anons
>>
File: insult.jpg (79KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
insult.jpg
79KB, 1136x640px
So this is either a heavy marketing campaign or just AAA shiteaters furious about getting trashed by everyone. Keep at it anyway, with any luck they might stand for their impotent tantrums for a change and leave.
>>
File: life is hard.jpg (51KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
life is hard.jpg
51KB, 300x400px
>>378046930
>tfw everyone blames the developers for what was almost certainly a publisher decision
>tfw people praising the potential end of the Hitman franchise because a genuinely great game was hamstrung by publisher policies
>>
File: 1420507648717.jpg (45KB, 542x403px) Image search: [Google]
1420507648717.jpg
45KB, 542x403px
>>378063180
>a few years down the line the same people will complain why no good games are made anymore
>>
>>378057328
>Traffic explosion when GG kicked off
It has to be the worse thing to have happened to this site.
Now post the graphs showing how much of that traffic is phoneposters. Desktop traffic has been stable since 2011, literally every one of these newfag scum is a phoneposter.
>>
>>378062446
You're missing
>Bioshock
>Dead Space (was originally developed as System Shock 3)
>Soma
>Doom 3

Also
>who think hating something flat out makes them better

I don't think that, you fucking lunatic. Can you go one post without trying to tie me to your delusional interpretation of posts on the internet?

And of all the things to zero in on to avoid making the entirety of your post projecting, is the word "tons." Either you're a pendatic autist, or you're pretending to be one to avoid making a point.

Keep up with the needless CAPITALIZATION of words, it really makes you look like an unbitter intellectual who totally isn't insecure about hearing games he likes getting criticized.
>>
>>378062865
Yes, I am going to call you dishonest. It's up to you to figure out who are you lying here: yourself, or me. Both options are equally as disturbing.

You can look at >>378062446 for a short glimpse of why your opinion is fucked up, and not even remotely based on actual reason. It's based on a lie, or at least utter misrepresentation of the genre and it's saturation.

Again: there are two options here: either you lie about the state of the genre because you need to retroactively rationalize your spite for the game, or because you are trying to fit in and follow existing prevailent narrative on this site. Answer that to yourself, I'm not really interested in hearing your excuses. As for you claiming that you did not copy-paste those opinions: maybe you just reposted them without using the copy-paste feature. Hell, maybe you are so god-damn utterly, painfully deluded that you actually copied those opinions without even being aware of doing it.

Either way, it does not matter. In the first few lines, you prove that you are OBLIVIOUS to the reality of the genre, and that you are also imposing demands that you do not impose on ANY other genre in existence (otherwise you would not like a single game in your life, because your demand that every title must be genre-reforming is laughably absurd - like you would have to give up on gaming around the time first Doom came out and hating both it and every single shooter since...)

Yeah, I know for a FACT that you are dishonest.

The real, REAL question is: are you even aware of that yourself? Because if you aren't: that is terrifying. If you are, that is sad.
>>
File: 1476739284188.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476739284188.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>378041853
There hasn't been a single good /v/ thread in months. MONTHS.
Even the Hollow Knight and Metroidvania threads in general have been ruined because three autists have turned it into a game war instead of discussion.
And outside of that there is literally not a single good thread in the catalog right now.
/v/ has always been bad, but the past few months have been exceptionally bad.
>>
>>378061220
If are trying to put the old "be elitist and everything will be fine" meme in this thread, I must say that's it's probably the opposite, it looks to me that the main cause is actually too many people trying extremely hard to be elitists until reaching the point that they constantly feel the need to depict what they don't like as satan's shit that must be purged through their holy constant streams of shitposting. Read the OP and try to tell me that I'm wrong.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that the board has been exceptionally bad since the release of Persona V?
>>
>>378063732
Then what the fuck are you still doing here
>>
>>378063576
You have heard it here first folks: A frantic pure FPS, a third person strictly linear shooter and a WALK FUCKING SIM are the same genre as System Shock 2.

Just... DO YOU PEOPLE SEE THIS SHIT?!
FUCKING DOOM 3 AND FUCKING SOMA ARE THE SAME GENRE APPARENTLY: NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY ARE ALSO VIRTUALLY THE FUCKING SAME THING AS SYSTEM SHOCK.

SEE.
THE FUCKING.
PROBLEM?!

THIS PASSES AS OPINIONS HERE. FOR FUCK SAKE.

Bioshock is the ONLY game on that list with SUPERFICIAL similarity to System Shock or Prey. And that is really purely superficial: Bioshock is actually a shooter. It has upgrades for weapons and multiple ammo, but it's still a linear shooter where the complete summary of your problemsolving boils down to "which gun and which kind of bullet I'm going to use to shoot the next guy on my linear corridor path to victory.

But CHRIST.
FUCKING SOMA AND DOOM on that list. I don't know what to tell you. I'm just... god dammit this board is the worst.
It's incredibly difficult to even think of you as humans at this point.
>>
/v/ should have done the same thing as /a/ and defend their board and the quality of its post as hard as that board does, friendliness and acceptance be damned.
Posting quality is at an all-time low on /v/, but /a/ remains on the same level as it was 5 years ago.
>>
>>378064131
/a/ frequently gets called elitist, but it seems like only elitism and obscurity can save a board.
>>
>>378064052
I come on once a week, see that it's still extra terrible, then leave again. That's basically it.
The only people left for the most part are fucks like you have very likely contributed to why the board has gotten so shitty.
>>378064131
/a/ also has actually active moderators. Sure sometimes the /a/ mods go full Autism with a ban, but at least that keeps the shitters away.
>>
>>378063534
>Desktop traffic has been stable since 2011, literally every one of these newfag scum is a phoneposter.
I've been coming here for 9 years and have made a lot of phone posts. Not that any of my posts are good, but HOW one accesses and posts in this cesspit doesn't matter.
>>
>>378064131
>>378064235
>>378064237
/a/ is pretty much ruined nowadays too though. Not even their elitism could stop the newfags
>>
>>378064325
There's a point to be made that phone posts are by design low effort posts. You see less surrounding material, you have access to less resources, and you can't type comfortably so you just shit out oneliners.
>>
>>378063732
Today vanquish thread was pretty good, there was even some shitposting that turned into people joking since it had become incredibly stupid, wish that was the norm.
>>378064052
Oh, look, the most classic shitposters' reply.
>>378064091
Dude, you are completely right but chill out, those dishonest idiots are just going to use the fact that you are getting upset against you.
>>
>>378064237
>>378064235
It's both /a/'s elitism and the moderators being active on that board keeping the faggotry in check. Hardly any other board is like that.
>>
>>378063658
Okay buddy. I'm not going to engage someone who's only avenue of argumentation is relentless disingenuousness. And unlike you, I'm not going to write three condensingly vapid paragraphs of childish personal attacks following a statement like that.

You need to calm down and stop projecting extreme emotions onto other people's text. I'd be happy to discuss my points on Prey with you, but you seem utterly convinced I am an angry man who thinks Harvey Smith is the devil who will say anything to somehow hurt his game's reputation.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>378063749
I think one of the problems is that /v/ likes to think of itself as elitist when it's really not. People congratulate themselves for liking extremely popular and mainstream games, while shitting on games that are slightly more popular or mainstream. Part of the issue is people tend to shit on anything indie or kickstarter-related (admittedly a lot of those games are pretty bad), but since the AA iindustry is basically dead, the only thing left to talk about is AAA games. So it ends up being wars against which extremely popular game is better than the other extremely popular game, and for some reason people think this means all it takes to have good taste is to dislike Skyrim.
>>
>>378064469
Look if you think the board has been shit literally for months, then it's time to leave.
>>
>>378064437
Ruined? How so? The topics being discussed and the quality at which they're being discussed seem on par with back then.
>>
>>378064586
>Okay buddy. I'm not going to engage someone who's only avenue of argumentation is relentless disingenuousness.
LIST OF GAMES YOU CRETIN.
I just listed the games in the genre that you called overstaturated. IT'S SIX. SIX GAMES IN TWENTY YEARS.
That is where you started your argument you pile of utter trash? Why don't you start with adressing that? You fucking shitstain: WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING START WITH EXPLAINING HOW THAT IS A GENUINE OPINION OF YOURS?!

Yeah, fuck of you fucking cowardly cunt. Project your fucking dishonest on others and then run away you fucking cunt. And come back tommorrow to post the exact same fucking shit over and over again. Because that is why you fuckers do. And that is EXACTLY AND PRECISELY why this board is hit.
Because cowards like you will scream and run away when faced with their own dishonesty, blame everyone, and then start anew hoping the fucking anonymity will allow them to post the same shit over and over again.

FUCK YOU YOU PILE OF SHIT.
>>
It's really fucking simple. The originalfags either left 4chan alltogether or are just getting old. Newfags are taking their place. That's litterally it. Combine that with increased popularity and yeah, you tend to see changes.
>>
>>378064960
clam down anon
>>
>>378065197
Fuck your calm-downs too. It's the fact that instead of fucking joining me you fucking cowards will always care more about who is mad than who is right. That is where this shit started you idiots. Really: all of this shitposting? All of these dishonest cunts?
It all boils down to a simple problem: you fucks started to be more obsessive about "who is getting mad!" than who is actually fucking RIGHT.
And that gives these piles of shit feeling like what they do is justified. Shitposters exist because you fuckers think it's a bigger deal to be mad about something entirely justified than to be a fucking shitposter, or a utter pile of shit spreading his misery around this board.

Fuck you too because you have no fucking standards, no fucking dignity and like fucking girlies freak out because of someones fucking tone.
>>
File: robertdenirohavingfun.jpg (107KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
robertdenirohavingfun.jpg
107KB, 1300x957px
>>378064960
Shit's getting all dramatic in here.
>>
>>378065559
You have a lot of pent up anger in you anon. Maybe you should write a book or something. Ya know, do something productive.
>>
>>378065559
I'm not even that anon, please clam down
>>
File: xD.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
xD.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
>>378065559
>>
>>378065789
>>378065887
Dudes, you should worry a lot less about me and a lot more about the fact that your fucking cowardice is one of the reasons why this place is a shithole, when it should have not been.
Because in the end, you will stand up for what looks "better" than what is actually a fucking true problem here. You in the end fall to the same fucking desire to feel superior and condescening more than: I don't know: call out shit that gradually fucking strangles this board.

You guys are just pussies, nothing more. You are to blame for this mess, too. If you called out those who are shitting the place up: those who lie, those who shitpost, rather than those who are "mad", things would not be this bad. But you'd risk being considered "mad" too and my god, what could be fucking worse! How much credit would you lose!

You fucks should start realizing that sometimes, it's good to be mad about things that are clearly wrong. Or at least not fucking pile on those who are mad for good reasons for once, instead of those are it's justified to be mad at.

It's way too late now, this place is already beyond repair. But you fucks should know that you are just as to blame as well.
>>
File: 1451598548115.png (46KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451598548115.png
46KB, 1200x1000px
>>378063065
Your secret is safe with me.
I haven't played the sequel but I really want to!
>>
>>378066395
>It's way too late now, this place is already beyond repair.

That's precisely why I think you should clam down and maybe go play some fun vidya instead
>>
>>378065559
Holy shit, it's getting heated in here
>>
>>378061220
"Give her the dick"
Rene Descartes
>>
>>378066395
dude i don't think anyone is even reading your posts, all your posts kinda look liks this:

>im angry im angry im angry im angry im angry im angry im angry im angry

>REALLY FUCKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW IM SERIOUS
REALLY FUCKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW IM SERIOUS
REALLY FUCKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW IM SERIOUS

>okay im angry again BUT SERIOUSLY IM FUCKING ANGRY

>so angry

>p.s. : so fucking angry
>>
>>378066395
CLAM DOWN ANON
>>
>>378066395
Is this guy serious holy shit.
Boys someone better be caping this thread i think this guy has lost it
>>
>>378067089
>>378066552
>>378066838
You can stop now.
>>
>>378058014
I find lewd posting can coexist with lore postong in other topics, getting angry at them or shippers honestly makes things worse.
>>
>>378041853
Þhis place is filled with autistic sociopaths with nothing better to do than watch other things fail and wishing failure on them. The numbers of these type of faggot just keeps increasing making the board shittier everyday.
>>
Someone get this hothead outta here!
>>
>>378057192
>praising ME2 plot
>waifuposting
>shitty forced meme
>months of regular threads for one game
Sounds like /v/ alright. You sure you arent being blinded by nostalgia ya fool?
>>
>>378063576
All of those but Bioshock don't fucking count, you dipshit.

Soma is a narrative driven walking sim horror game in the vein of Amnesia

Doom 3 is an action game with audio logs.

Dead Space is about the same thing in third person.

They lack the sidequests, multiple approaches to combat and objective clearing, skill trees, exploration, and stealth common with a Looking Glass style immersive sim.
>>
>>378057192

>ME2
>praised for its plot

I guess you're the poster case for blindness due to fundamentalism.
>>
>>378063534
Hey man, im on my phone in bed, I still try to put some effort in my posts.
>>
>>378067710
Not even Bioshock really counts. No skill trees, virtually no exploration, no sidequests, no problem-solving beyond "which flavor gun am I going to use" and a token hacking minigame": it was a shooter. A shooter with a little more flavor than most, but in the end it was walking in a straight line through extremely narrow corridor and blasting things. It had more in common with Dead Space than System Shock 2.
>>
File: 1488320751082.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488320751082.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>378066395
>that feel when I'm looking forward to toddposting just to escape the constant negativity for a few seconds
>>
>>378041297
It's a fun game famm
>>
I genuinely wish the videogame industry crashed and burned, and everyone tangentially involved with it died. Every single one of them, including their close relatives just to be sure. No, this is not ironic.
>>
>>378069339
y tho
>>
>>378046930
It wouldn't be so bad if they would've just released the whole goddamn game, instead of this episodic bullshit.
>>
File: 1495323663434.jpg (50KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1495323663434.jpg
50KB, 615x409px
This thread feels like /v/ screaming just before kick starting third impact.

We need another Harmony.
>>
>>378069146
Jesus, you made me realise that I do the same. Who would have imagined that such repetitive jokes could become one of the few saving graces of this place.
>>
>>378064091
They're both horror games, whenether hey execute the horror part game or not is irrelevant because the devs intention was to make just that and they marketed them as such.
>>
>>378070000
You are actually like seriously going on trying to salvage this shit? Also... we were not talking about horror games. We were talking about Looking-Glass-style "immersive sims". Also, no, Doom is not really a horror game. Having gore and demons is not enough to define something as a horror. And I feel like we have been through this already.
>>
>>378069426
Retarded codemonkeys working on a shoestring budget and unrealistic time constraints developing badly written, dumbed down games where most of the funds go to pay "journalists" that suck at the only thing they should be good at, while the executives brainstorm 24/7 about how to get every single dime out of the consumer without being sued. Not that it hasn't been this way since forever, but that's exactly why I think it should burn down. It needs to crash and start anew
>>
>>378059152
I don't understand why developers do this. These days, retards look up a walkthrough if they get stuck
>>
>>378070216
I have no idea what you two were discussing about before because I wasn't going to read two retards screaming at eachother for something I didn't care about. I just gave a glance at your post and responded.
>Doom is not really a horror game
Both Doom 3 and Soma were produced and marketed as horror games, and as said before, whenether or not they succeed it's another topic.
You can say that Undertale isn't really a RPG but it was marketed and produced as such. It was the devs intention in both cases to be of such genere.
>>
>>378041853
45% of this board is composed of posters under many layers of irony. The other 45% legit believes the shit they shitpost about. The remaining 10% are people like you.
>>
>>378071161
>You can say that Undertale isn't really a RPG
How the fuck is that.
>>
>>378041853
/v/ has been getting steadily worse over the years. As time goes on, the problems of the past get almost fetishized by newer people, who then try to copy that behavior and exaggerate it. So over time you just get problems being heaped ontop of more problems, and everyone just looking for the next thing to make into the big thing that everyone else then tries to copy to infinity.

At this point you should less be confused that its getting worse, and more curious on how bad it will wind up getting as time goes on.
>>
File: 1495135658547.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1495135658547.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>378041853
>mfw shitters pretend like Prey isn't the best single player FPS release for the past decade (maybe besides from FEAR, that maybe 2006 tho)
>mfw
>>
>>378071161
>I have no idea what you two were discussing about before because I wasn't going to read two retards screaming at eachother for something I didn't care about.
Dude, you literally don't have the faintest fucking clue what people are talking about, you don't even fucking read the posts you are replying to:
YET YOU THINK YOU SHOULD GO AND REPLY AND START SCOLDING THEM?
There is just like... no end to this stupidity, is there? You literally do not even read the posts you are replying to but you still think your opinions is important enough to fucking butt in... What the everloving fuck is wrong with you people? This is impossible.

God fucking dammit I'm exhausted. You know that movie, Idiocracy? Well, I think we are far worse than that movie now.
>>
>>378071596
RPG stands for role playing game. While you can roleplay to a certain extend, your choices reduce to who you decide to kill. Nothing else. You can do the same in games like Dishonored, however that doesn't make Disnhonored an RPG either, does it?
Not saying that the argument it's not retarded, just making an example there.
>>
>>378041853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgm3H-uGv1Q

people trying to fit in
>>
>>378072110
So SOMA and Doom are actually horror games and you were just being retarded. Good to know.

Keep typing like an teen
>>
File: 1494894174398.png (786KB, 859x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494894174398.png
786KB, 859x720px
>>378043371
summer fags are a non existent nowadays but oldfags still use them as a scapegoat
normies are among us and theyll always be here
>>
>>378072310
First of all, they are not. Unless you also want to argue that Metal is "horror music" you idiot, you probably should have figured out that doom is not Horror, it's fucking metal.
Second of all, and this is actually stated literally in ALL FUCKING CAPS in the very post you were replying: The problem is that the guy claims that DOOM, SOMA, Dead State and Bioshock are all games in the same mechanical genre as fucking System Shock, Deus Ex and Prey.

This is a little detail of a context you would have figured out if you actually read what you are replying to.

But no. You actually think your opinion is so important, and you know so much better than everyone else and everybody so much NEEDS to know what you think that you don't have to know what you are replying at all.

And this, my friend: is just the perfect cherry on a top of a thread that was basically a analysis and major fucking ILLUSTRATION of what is wrong with this board. Between you, that fucking Prey faggots, the people who answer to somebody saying "maybe being right is more important than being mad" with "LOL U ARE MAD HAHAHA" and now this shit...

Yeah. This board is just populated by people who do not deserve to be called people anymore. I don't think humanity has ever had a concentration of people this dumb at one place ever. You people are beyond repair. You are actually dangerous to yourself and everyone around you. Have fun.
>>
>>378072932
>I don't think humanity has ever had a concentration of people this dumb at one place ever
Why don't you leave and make this place a little smarter?
>>
>>378072932
>Second of all, and this is actually stated literally in ALL FUCKING CAPS in the very post you were replying: The problem is that the guy claims that DOOM, SOMA, Dead State and Bioshock are all games in the same mechanical genre as fucking System Shock, Deus Ex and Prey.

>Just... DO YOU PEOPLE SEE THIS SHIT?!
FUCKING DOOM 3 AND FUCKING SOMA ARE THE SAME GENRE APPARENTLY:
nigga why even pick those two only when those two were actually developed and marketed as horror games
You can check this shit out yourself, why do you think Doom 3 was so controversial when it came out? It was a completely different type of game than the previous installements of the franchise.
when all your posts are 10% actual argument 90% autism rant about how this board and the people in it are shit filled with all caps, like..., dude..., and comparations with movies then guess what, you're gonna look like an autist
>>
>>378069630
we need a third impact. This twisted game needs to be reset
>>
>>378041853
Millenials are now over 18.
>>
Dishonored is quite mediocre. The game design is the only thing done well in it. Combat is trash, and stealth feels barebones. The art style is terrible, people with hands bigger than their heads, everyone ends up looking like some ape-looking aberration.

Haven't played Prey 2017 but it doesn't look very good to me. I've watched some gameplay of it, the guy shoots some glue gun and wacks enemies with a wrench, the combat looked awfully boring to me.
>>
>>378075139
the objectively ugly art style is a result of SJW garbage
>>
What's funny is Dishonored was well-liked when it came out, yet now there's almost non-stop shitposting. It only proves that 2012 /v/ and 2017 /v/ are essentially two completely different userbases.
>>
>>378041297
>What a garbage.
>>
>>378074728
Since the usual starting point for Millennials is 1985, there have been Millennials aged at least 18 since the site began.
>>
>>378075304
Explain.
>>
>>378076318
sounds like historic revisionism

Dishonored was said by many how it was okay, nothing amazing. The game has obvious flaws in the gameplay. The shitty simplistic combat, stealth makes no use of stuff like sound. The game is short for a SP only game, the abilities you get are all skewed towards lethal options, in many was it was a jack of all trades, master of none.
>>
>>378077013
You can believe me or not, but I remember Dishonored was one of the most popular Western games of 2012. I even played it because the reception here was so positive. The Dishonored 2 hate literally came out of no where. (Well, besides the PC port hate, that's understandable.)
>>
>>378041853
Honestly, and it has been said already, but it is the influx of weebs. The strange thing is that they actually put more effort into shitposting on games they have never played, rather then positively discussing the ones they enjoy. I do not get it; if you don't like a game that a thread has been created for - why post anything at all?
>>
>>378077365
I've seen Dishonored getting flak and praise before D2 came out, I don't think "everyone loved it until yesterday" is a fair statement.
>>
>>378076645
anyone born before 2000 can not be a millennial.

It's a impossibility to be a millenial prior to the millenium happening.
>>
>>378078739
How about you Google the age bracket for Millennials before you just decide you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>378077367
These people have been here since the beggining of the site, fuck off.
>>
>>378078987
>letting someone put a make believe label on something
You need to be 18 to post here Milleniul.
>>
>>378079152
Good thing I'm 34, else it would be against the rules to tell you how stupid you are.
>>
>>378079832
Shut it Millenial.
>>
>>378079943
Excellent, you finally realize that a 34-year-old is also a Millennial.

You're still retarded, but congrats regardless.
>>
>>378080021
>doesn't know how to check for samefags
You really are a fucking moron.

First you believe some label placed on you makes you identical to someone else. And then you also don't even know a basic 4chan feature.

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>378080310
>First you believe some label placed on you makes you identical to someone else.
Point me to where I said this. I'll wait.
>>
>>378080427
>since the starting point is 1985

Ideally, you seem to think that all people born after 1985 share the exact same traits as those currently born. Thus the label millenial.

Congrats on falling for the label scheme.
>>
>>378054182
Kill yourself, newfag.
>>
File: 026544.png (336KB, 459x637px) Image search: [Google]
026544.png
336KB, 459x637px
>>378054182
>>
File: 1465470363258.gif (3MB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1465470363258.gif
3MB, 186x186px
>>378080570
A: the label Millenial applies to people born from 1985-2004.

B: I was refuting the point that Millenials turning 18 is why this site has gone to shit. By pointing out that there have been 18-year-old Millenials since the start of the site, the claim it's ~18-year-old Millenials making the site shit is false.

My entire point is that it's not Millenials shitting the site up, it's shitty posters. You are now free to keep misinterpreting my point.
>>
>>378081057
>using a term that defines what people are like for that time period
>the definition behind millenial literally shits on all millenials
>using this label on yourself

Pathetic.
>>
>>378081179
>the definition behind millenial literally shits on all millenials
The definition behind Millennial is "person who was a young adult or child at the start of the millennium." Real insulting, that.
>>
>>378081310
>In 2013, Time magazine ran a cover story titled Millennials: The Me Me Me Generation
>>
>>378081460
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=origin+of+term+millennial
>>
>>378081624
>2nd link is urban dictionary
Wow, nice label you got there.
>>
>>378059901
Was the site as bad as it is now in 2014-2015?
>>
>>378064485
Its because the last time the mods on /v/ actually acted they got called cucks and sjws with increasingly idiotic conspiracy theories about 4chan somehow being sold to jezebel or some shit, now they have simply forsaken the board so that its users may freely swin in their own filth
>>
>>378082061
Not all of it but GG was fucking bad.
>>
>>378055228
>>378072501
Moot was an idiot, so he never actually answered the summer question properly. All he said was that traffic doesn't rise in the summer, which doesn't answer the question. In theory, all the typical posters go away during the summer, and the high schoolers start posting in the summer.
>>
>>378041853
Its been like this ever since /pol/
>>
>>378041853
The /v/ doesn't enjoy vidya is not a meme, at least for most shitposters it isn't Just look at what happens when you ask a shitposter about what games they like. 9 times out of 10, it will be a /v/ approved title, such as Planescape Torment, Fallout New Vegas, or Deus Ex. Now that's not to say those games are bad or anything, they are all excellent titles. However it shows that these people have set some enormous standards, fueled by their own self proclaimed "good taste".
>>
>>378072501
The sad truth. There is no scapegoat. This is how it is now, permanently.
>>
I bought it for like $10 with all the dlc on sale and played 2 hours before deciding it was crap

The skyrim hands made me laugh at first to
>>
>>378072501
I don't think normies would falseflag and shitpost as much as current /v/ is doing.
Normies are, you know, normal.
>>
>>378044645
You're far more pedantic than anything actually in their games.
>>
>>378083209
this desu senpai
boring game not worth $5 it's so boring and shit
>>
File: 1436072598273.png (224KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1436072598273.png
224KB, 700x700px
>>378041853
>tfw just want to talk about video games
>so many threads gets derailed into complete shitposting
>no other places I enjoy talking about vidya

There's few threads that actually get proper discussion and not turn to complete shit. Most of the time the ones that actually do hardly get close to the bump limit it feels like. And all those OPs that read like if it's their first day on this site
Not even as recent as 2013 it was as bad as it is now. Why do i still come here
>>
>>378083209
Skyrim hands?
>>
dishonored is great though
>>
>>378041297
Dumb thread.
>>378041853
Best post.
>>
>>378049371
They aren't literally from reddit. They're the same sort of person, but they're actually from the rise of /pol/. You can't honestly say the general discourse on almost any board hasn't been damaged by their culture, regardless of your politics, unless you're one of them. Just a massive influx of newfags chasing the memes to the source and treating every thread like a campaign sticky.
>>
>>378041297
This game deserves all the praise it gets, and i bought the special edition with all the DLC.
>>
>>378082983
And when a new game comes out that similar to any of those titles it gets a negative reaction. Take Prey, it's pretty much the spiritual successor to System Shock that people have wanted for years, yet people on here still shit on it. Not to say you can't point out flaws in a game, because Prey is far from perfect, but I feel like faggots on here hate for the sake of hating. Not even sure what the general public on here considers a "good" game anymore. P5 is the only game that's come out this year that seems to get almost unanimous praise on here and even then there are still the jaded mainline SMT fans.
>>
>>378077367
>the influx of weebs
>the influx of mlp
>the influx of autists
>the influx of tumblr
>the influx of muh boogeymen
New people in general are the problem, attributing it to one specific group is retarded since there's no definite way to categorize them. You just notice anime posters more probably because they piss you off more.
>>
>>378083463
>>378083463
nice shit taste
>>
>>378067710
>Doom 3 is an action game with audio logs
Literally System Shock 1. Skill trees are in no way characteristic of LGS games.
>>
>>378083376
>generally like this place
>don't want to leave for another message board where everybody gushes over AAA trash and dissenting opinions are moderated
>all this negativity and /pol/ shit is making it almost impossible to actually discuss videogames

It's maddening, especially when the other boards I browse are mostly civil, but /v/ is just one heaping shitpile. I mean this place has always had it's share of shitposting, but post GG, post Trump, it feels like the density of shitposting has skyrocketed.
>>
>>378077367
What the fuck do you think this website is? Look at it. Look at it. You are the outsider. There is no influx of weebs. 4chan is based in weeb, founded by them and for and dominated by for years and years, and they will be here forever. Because it's 4chan. It's fine that others are the majority now, but you're talking bullshit.
>>
File: 1459652612548.png (33KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1459652612548.png
33KB, 300x100px
>>378084224
At very least let us go back to pre-GG days
>>
>>378083854
New people are the only ones who actually get worked up about weeaboo shit. The more seasoned people had to accept it to be here at all, because that's where 4chan comes from.
>>
>>378071582
I'd agree with that metric
>>
>>378084578
The best category I can come up with is "phoneposters", if I had to choose a single category of people to blame this on. I still wouldn't say they're all of the blame though, more people are just able to browse 4chan these days with smartphones becoming more and more the norm with data plans becoming more popular as well.
>>
>>378083701
Why are you being such a melodramatic faggot? Prey looks nothing special at all, combat looks terrible, the whole gimmick of shooting screens to press buttons is boring and has been done before, and the UI is cancerous, PRESS E TO INTERACT everywhere, also markers everywhere. Spiritual successor to System Shock my fucking ass.

Also plenty of people praised BotW and Nier Automata, you just sound bitchy that people aren't deepthroating Arkane's cock, guess what this game looks nothing special at all.
>>
File: 1430433418801.jpg (57KB, 615x397px) Image search: [Google]
1430433418801.jpg
57KB, 615x397px
>>378081460
>>
>>378064960
>cretin
is that you caramel?
>>
>>378084715
You're just looking for an easy scapegoat. Phoneposters? Seriously? The sad truth is normies are taking the foreground. It all boils down to that. Phones are just one element of that. And everyone uses them anyway, posting on a phone is fine, it just means there's a wider gateway.
>>
>>378085148
>Phoneposters? Seriously?
/pol/ brought in a new wave of people to the site in general. A vast majority of them are phoneposters. It is a thing. I already agreed it can't really be dumbed to just one category, but I said if it was going to be those posters are the root, not 'weebs'.
>>
>>378068957
SS2's skill trees are absolutely terrible and are one of the biggest reasons it's a worse game than the original. Consequently SS2 doesn't even have problem-solving on the level of "which flavor gun am I going to use", because unless you're intentionally trying to gimp yourself, you'll go after standard weapons since they're the most versatile and abundantly supplied weapons, and require the least cybermodule investment.
>>
>>378084784
>i'm gonna exaggerate a few minor flaws and act like the game is shit despite the fact I never played it.

Also you actually played System Shock lately? That game has shit shooting too.
>>
>>378085504
better than prey
prey doesn't have shit
>>
>>378085981
You sure showed him.

On another note I don't think people really get the "issue" with Prey's shooting. It's not so much that the shooting is bad, it's that enemies are way too fast.
The shotgun at least is really satisfying to use.
>>
>>378086185
also lack of guns, that's one of my major issues with the game.
>>
File: new-samurai-jack-promo.jpg (58KB, 620x650px) Image search: [Google]
new-samurai-jack-promo.jpg
58KB, 620x650px
>>378041853

/v/ has steadily become more angry in the 10 years I've browsed it.
>>
>>378085338
Oh I know, /pol/ is the fucking catalyst and even pointing that out brands you an ideological enemy. I just think it's retarded to point to phones. It's normies. That's what you're really thinking. That's what it all comes back to. Not that I'm some /rwhinegay/ ninny, but you know who I'm talking about.
>>
>>378086336
I feel ya. Especially bothersome if you go pure human or no neuromod run.
>>
>>378085338
I mean really, not everyone who leaves the house is a shitposter.
>>
>>378041853
This is the post that made me realize what I have to do. Block 4chan from my router and don't look back.
Later anons
>>
>>378086473
Makes sense. The last 5 years of gaming was mediocre as fuck. Compares to 20 years ago and how everything just kept ramping up, games have begun to slow down a ton. It's been stagnating with only 1 or 2 actually good titles a year and the rest being meh/average/mediocre.

So you can't really blame the people for not dick riding everything that comes out BOTW.

Truthfully speaking, I tried dishonor out last year when 2 was announced. It was not fun for me at all and I couldn't get into it so I dropped it. Maybe if I played it the year it came out I would've enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1377531021502.jpg (6KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1377531021502.jpg
6KB, 251x251px
>>378085504
>exaggerate minor flaws
Guess what, it looks extremely boring to play. I've seen some guy shooting some kind of freezing gun then wacking the enemies with a wrench, looks more boring than watching paint dry. All webms people posted show the most mundane shit around, the whole thing just looks extremely unremarkable, looks "not gonna bother pirate" tier to be honest.

System Shock didn't have PRESS E TO INTERACT everywhere, or multiple location markers, that's all awful modern casualshit trends. Even Bioshock didn't go this far with handholding..

But if you want to shove your head in the sand while screaming "WAH /v/ HATES EVERYTHING" then be my guest.
>>
File: Whatareyoufuckingay.png (221KB, 597x578px) Image search: [Google]
Whatareyoufuckingay.png
221KB, 597x578px
Why do you come here on this board and start shitty threads like this? Who fucking cares if you do or don't like it. The success of Dishonored has literally no bearing on how your day will go. You know how I think about games I don't like? That's a trick question, actually, I don't think about them at all. Grow up asshat.
>>
File: death and video games.jpg (3MB, 2879x2752px) Image search: [Google]
death and video games.jpg
3MB, 2879x2752px
>>378041853
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>378087261

>The last 5 years of gaming was mediocre as fuck.
>>
File: 1438800102829.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1438800102829.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>378078739
Millenials were born 1995
Everything after 1995 is Generation z
>>
>>378087719
What will be after gen z? They're out of letters?
>>
>>378087710
Care to explain?
>>
>>378041853
#NotMyPrey

glad it bombed
>>
File: 1435880648031.png (216KB, 417x533px) Image search: [Google]
1435880648031.png
216KB, 417x533px
>>378041853
It's been getting worse since September 2016. Politics started infesting every single thread, shitposts were ramped up to the max, cuck being spammed uncontrollably, forced shitty memes, acronyms like kys, lol and lmao.
it's like a group acting in unison, /v/ really is a hivemind
>>
>>378070947
Because "you can look up how to do it" is not good enough. Chances are, every time something like this happens, a good amount of players will just drop it. If stuff like that happens a lot, it will get a bad rating and the public perspective on it will be "I didn't enjoy it much"
obviously those are kinda extreme examples, but there is a legit reason for Devs to do it. Just as you don't want to pull a fable or FFXIII where the player literally can't go left and right, you also don't want to create situations where a really large portion of your playerbase goes "what the fuck am I supposed to do here??"
Example for bad design there for instance is Bayonetta:
>in chapter 1 the train station, destroy all the benches on the upper floor to make the train depart and reveal an item.
or:
>in chapter 2, you need to make it almost all the way trough the level (verse 7), fight a double boss and then RUN ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE FUCKING LEVEL because that triggered a portal spawn.
None of these things are good design, none of these are even vaguely hinted at. It's not a case of "if you check the corners and pay attention you'll find it" it's a case of: "you only know this if you read a guide, or someone who HAS read a guide told you"
You want to find a middle ground between this shit, and that's why playtesting exists. sometimes it fucks things up, sometimes it doesn't.
>>
loved it, even pre ordering it
>>
>>378087710
Oh come on 2012 - 2014 were complete shit with some alright games. 2015 started to improve a bit, 2016 was half decent. This year has been pretty good. But for the most part last 5 years has been pretty medicore.
>>
>>378087850

Tons of great games have been coming out over the last 5 years and it's been a few years since the "COD craze" left in the industry.

I would out 2008-2013 as being a dark time for video games.
>>
>>378045508
You can play as a woman. Any game where you can as a woman is made by SJW's. Any game where a female character is the only option means you're nothing but SJW cucks and you're ruining the game.

This is fucking stupid. /v/ is just a bunch of incels.
>>
File: 1481481704640.png (42KB, 291x293px) Image search: [Google]
1481481704640.png
42KB, 291x293px
>>378088256
2008-2013?
Cmon now, 7th gen was clean as fuck (granted you had a ps3 too).

Stop triggering me anon. All you're doing is turning me on
>>
>>378087784
We'll know in about 10 years.
>>
>>378063534
>Now post the graphs showing how much of that traffic is phoneposters
There's a reason why the graph shows "Desktop" and "Desktop + mobile phones". Do you honestly think that none of these people post from both?
>>
>>378041853
>just want to talk about videogames
>make a thread
>"this videogame is shit anon"
>why?
>"lmao i dunno i cam't pirate it so it's bad"
Only some obscure game thread is worth posting, the rest is such a fucking trash of a board. Too bad there's no other place to talk about videogames.
>>
>>378041853
Summer, things will go back to "normal" when middle school classes resume.
>>
>>378092895
It's not summer it's been like this all of winter and last year. It was way worse a few months ago
>>
It was enjoyable but the sequel was worse. However I'm glad they let you play as Corvo and didn't force you to play Emily.
>>
File: 1466348806496.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1466348806496.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>378041853
Videogames are getting worse and worse.
So is the world.
At this point people just got used to everything being garbage and celebrate when the world burns.
>>
>>378041853
The hate for Prey REALLY confused me, from a gamer's perspective

I can remember a decade ago, when "HURR DURR BIOSHOCK IN SPACE" was exactly what we wanted back.
>>
>>378045310
/v/ shits on every western dev because Bioware and DICE fucked them real hard so then they generalize and honestly believe every non Japanese is out to make them suffer.
>>
i havent been coming here regularly since 2014 or so but damn this board really has gone to shit
>>
>>378041853

>my taste in games is better than yours
>my box is better than yours
>anything Nippon is for weebs
>western RPGs are the best
>if your game has a flaw then it is automatically shit
>your opinion doesn't count because my opinion is right

This place has become the new YouTube comment section.
>>
>377777777
>>
>>378097561
>>377777777
>>
>>378059531
Fucking this
>>
>>378097561
>>378097850
Lurk more newfag
>>
File: 1465566876687.jpg (107KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465566876687.jpg
107KB, 1280x960px
>>378063534
>>378057328
It's ironic. GameGate was meant to destroy gaming journalism, then SJWs. All it's really detroyed is /v/.
>>
File: 1464230017072.jpg (194KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1464230017072.jpg
194KB, 700x700px
>>378041853
I've actually started reading /tv/ as a consequence.

That board is chock full of alt-right cuckistani boat people seeking asylum from the dumpster fire of autistic screeching that /pol/ has become, and yet the board still manages to house some small community of people capable of having a genuine discussion about film and TV.

/v/ on the other hand has pretty much fully self-destructed at this point. It seems as if there really is nowhere left to go for vidya news and banter anymore.
>>
>>378041853
Videos games are almost 99% shit now. It's just a reaction to the complete collapse in quality.
>>
>>378099927
this
gaming is dead, has been for a long time
>>
>>378099990
>>378099927
Stop being cynical fags. You just hate games now because that's literally all you supplement your life with (besides maybe anime or w/e) and so now you're hyper aware of the tropes.
>>
>>378101596
Kys, AAA shiteater.
>>
File: IMG_1795.jpg (499KB, 900x1197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1795.jpg
499KB, 900x1197px
Western games are shit and bring in normiecucks, ban them and this board becomes great again.
>>
>>378046329

Yeah, the amount of people I see on here that are legitimately furious blows my mind. I play a small number of games and my time spent here is mainly just looking for threads with interesting conversation.

The rage though, it's everywhere. Maybe it's always been here. I came from /b/ like 4 years ago so this place seemed tame. Now it just seems people are miserable and angry over everything.
>>
So do we like new Prey or what?
>>
>>378087410
>Guess what, it looks extremely boring to play.

Guess what? Maybe you should play it instead of being of huge fucking faggot.
>>
>>378104343
Not yet, there needs to be a sequel for that.

Then people will admit they liked the game. Of course shitposters will say they only pretend to like it, and so on.
>>
>>378041853
I really only come on to the board during new releases that I enjoyed during what shitposters call the honeymoon phase. Early Hollow Knight, BoTW, and Nier Automata threads were all pretty comfy, and it was fun to discuss the game and all the little details you could miss. I jumped ship a couple weeks after though, because I knew for a fact that discussion for those games weren't going to last, and would just devolve into mindless shitposting. The Prey hateboner was fucking bizarre, and I'm disappointed I haven't even seen one decent thread about it.
>>
>>378104616
Alright then, I'll be just shitposting about it. Does it have some kinda twist I can spoil for people?
>>
>>378041853
>Hitman studio being laid off
Wait, what? When did this happen?
>>
>>378041297

Platinumed it on Ps3

Was a good game with interesting story
>>
>>378049450
Automata gets a fair amount of shit, the weird thing is the threads about it were great until like 2 weeks after the PC launch when they suddenly went to hell, it was really bizarre how fast it happened, and for no apparent reason.
>>
>>378105667
>interesting story
>Dishonored
Not really, setting and some characters are interesting, but the story itself is rather meh.
>you've been framed for the murder that didn't commit
>you are now part of the RSISTANCE, go kill bad guys
>resistance betrays you, now they are bad guy
And pretty much everyone saw that comming.
>>
>>378105807
Because for the shitposters the game was supposed to be a little irrelevant niche game with a little irrelevant fanbase like nier1, when the shitposters got that it was actually both a relevant and popular release they started targeting it as hard as they could.
>>
>all this defending the pile of shit Dishonored was
Truly the best timeline.
>>
>>378105254
You are the demons.

Specifically, the Aliens already won and you are an alien that is being taught to think like a human and have empathy in order to try and resist them. Morgan Yu is already dead, you play an imprint.

But don't shitpost, there's more than enough of that.
>>
>>378041853
Who hurt you buddy?
>>
>>378106281
Dishonored is a good game. Nothing ground breaking, but good level design, an interesting setting and endless shitposting potential owing to the Chaos system.
>>
>>378067838
Whereas you're the poster child for exactly the modern /v/ contrarianism mentioned. Was you age even in double digits in 2010?
>>
File: makes you think.png (99KB, 725x239px) Image search: [Google]
makes you think.png
99KB, 725x239px
>>378106410
Yes my son,please enjoy the AAA industry brought to you by IGN.
>>
>>378106410
Yeah well you need to play more video games.
This goes for that one person with 10 walls of text in the thread.
>>
>>378106638
Curious, I expected you to call me goy.

Not an argument
>>
>>378106751
>if you play more game you will stop having fun with good games.
Sounds legit, you embarrassing shitposter. You aren't an elitist or anything, you are just someone who loves shitting more than anything else.
And some posts ago there were idiots who kept saying wannabe elitism is the cure and not the main cancer of this place.
>>
>>378041853
Society is getting pressured on all fronts so people are becoming way more hostile and stressed. This isnt just this board. Many boards had a theme going but now they're derailing into vent and bitching threads. I was on /gif/ the other day and someone how someway people turned fucking secretaries vids into some weird political talk on why people cant afford a secretaries anymore. The internet is becoming a cesspool at a faster rate than it ever did before.
>>
>>378107025
Grow up kido.
>>
File: 1492688712279.jpg (183KB, 1178x812px) Image search: [Google]
1492688712279.jpg
183KB, 1178x812px
>tfw you're over all games except ck2
>>
>>378106751
Nothing you posted contradicts me. Dishonored is objectively a good game.
>>
>>378058104
dude posted legit, buzzword-free criticism, which is a fucking miracle on this board, and you just dismiss it as "spiteful attitudes"
>>
>>378106410
Boy was Chaos system awful. It wouldn't be THAT bad if I got an extra interesting non-lethal power or two, but man. Sleep darts and choking. Wew.
>>
>>378108715
Well you could use Bend Time to not touch anyone. Or Possession to go through some specific barriers.

Really, the one true problem of Dishonored is the absence of a true usage of sound as a distraction. If it could be done, Wind Blast could have been used as well.

Other than that, it holds potentiel. Much like the Nemesis system of Shadow of Mordor.

Both combined would be great.
>>
>>378104343
Depends. It's an okay spiritual successor to the System Shock, but it doesn't have any original elements to it.
If you want an FPS/RPG where you're alone in a space stations with hostile aliens, it's alright and even enjoyable (it runs well, the ambiance/music is good), but sadly there's nothing new with it.
I enjoyed the few hours I put in, but it didn't feel like playing a new game, just a polished clone of System Shock.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.