[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game made you stop preordering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: BRINK.jpg (39KB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
BRINK.jpg
39KB, 250x315px
What game made you stop preordering?
>>
Literally Brink
>>
>>378035684
Brink is the last time i've pre ordered.
>>
There was never a game that made me start
t. poorfag
>>
brink turned me off video games in general
>>
I still preorder. Most games give plenty of information for me to know if I'll enjoy a game or not before it's released. I can also recognize red flags like No Man's Sky's refusal to release any information about the game and whatnot.
>>
B: Infinite

It's nice looking, everything else was painful though
>>
>>378035684

When I was born with a non-retarded IQ.
>>
>>378035923
do you at least pirate?
>>
Was Brink the crushing defeat of Multiplayer FPS?
>>
>>378038804
yes, I remember when people were getting bored of tf2 and called it the tf2 killer
>>
What's wrong with it, I kinda remember all that parkour stuff marketing and tf2 hats, but if to be more specific?
>>
>>378035684
Is there a torrent of this game?
>>
Zero Time Dilemma.
>>
I never preordered, but the last game I bought at launch was GTA San Andreas, back on 2004
>>
Preordering is fine if you know what you are buying
Its people who dont research what the fuck they are spending their money on that then people get all up in arms about preordering
>>
The only game I have ever preordered was KOTOR2.

I never actually bothered to pick it up, they kept my $10 deposit.
>>
>>378039976
But why
>>
>>378039867
There are times when research doesn't cut it.

A friend of mine preordered Dishonored 2, because he loved Dishonored 1 and from everything he'd seen, Dishonored 2 looked like more of the same in a good way.

It turns out he bought a game he really enjoyed mechanically, but was basically unplayable on PC at launch, and really hasn't gotten much better months later.

It's possible to do all the research you can and still get burned. Dishonored 1 didn't run like ass, there was no reason to assume Dishonored 2 would.
>>
>>378035684
>>378039867

Games like this are the reason why I wish devs would stop pushing the preorder idea along with the bonus bullshit, and instead release demos of their game.

Yeah, while its true that games that release demos often make less in sales than their non-demo, or non-demo preordered counterparts, it sure as fuck shows that the people want, and the people who play the demo and get the game will probably like the game more and it will get less shit reviews, because if you tried the demo and bought it, you probably liked it already.

But noooo, PREORDER NOW AND GET A WHOLE LOT OF COSMETIC SHIT THAT YOU CANT GET UNLESS YOU PREORDER.

Gay.
>>
>>378035684
I never started. The couple times I preordered it was just buying the game 12 hours early to preload it and it was after playing betas.
>>
>>378040093

I just wasn't as excited about the prospect of playing it when it actually came out as I was when the preorders went up.
>>
>>378035684
What went wrong with Brink? I like character customization, team based games, even the cartoonish art style was nice. My only real problem with the game is never finding anyone to play with. The week it came out I was only getting matched to like one or two people a match. I really wanted to like this game but it just never seemed to take off.
>>
Does preording the day before the game comes out count?
>>
>>378040742
The games aesthetic was the only good part if brink was f2p with cosmetic micro transactions maybe it would have been received better (or worse) the servers day one had issues and there was no """"story""""
>>
i think battlefield 3 was the last straw for me
>>
I don't remember getting burned by pre ordering, but I stopped a while ago just because of the shit that has happened with games like Brink. No way I'm letting marketing hype me like the retards that bought No Man's Sky.
>>
Battlefield 4. I really liked 3 but holy shit was 4s release a fucking mess.
>>
>>378035684
Never fell for the preorder meme
>>
guild wars 2
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.