[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamedev

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: photo.png (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
19KB, 300x300px
Hey guys! I'm new to the game dev.
Tell me your best tips how to make a game and not kill yourself in the process
>>
>>378032674
Join a studio
>>
>>378032674
Don't.
>>
Live stream it
>>
>>378032674
The first games you make are practice. Expect to not succeed and be real fucking happy if you do. If you still want to develop games and love doing it, go for it.
>>
Set yourself tasks. Don't just wonder aimlessly into a project, set mini goals like "I'll get projectiles implemented for Friday"
>>
>>378032674
grow a beard, make a bunch of promises you can't keep and dont wear shoes or socks during interviews
>>
>>378032674
Suck lot of dicks, that will give you a reason to get up in the morning
>>
If you need to throw your game up on Early Access or Kickstarter do it. No sense in purposely gimping yourself with no income cause some mad virgin hates early access games.
>>
>>378034467
This it's the same for any art/ independent creative endeavour , don't expect a debut to be a masterpiece, make some real fucking garbage trash and harness your skills.
>>
Set a schedule for progress, but allow for some leeway so you don't get disheartened. Don't focus on big showy things like title splashes or setpieces until you have at least the basic framework. Listen to feedback, but find common threads of critique rather than trying to chase down and fix every last thing.

Take a step back every so often. Burnout will kill a project and interest more than anything. If you're just getting started remember that you're learning, and that's a near endless process. Good luck and hope to play something fun and interesting from you someday.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.