[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Encourage people to group up even though the vast majority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: nvi7WJf4_400x400.jpg (16KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
nvi7WJf4_400x400.jpg
16KB, 390x390px
>Encourage people to group up even though the vast majority of players are solo
>Single game can last an hour
>Incredible reliance on teammates, no rewards for good solo play
>Comebacks are neigh impossible without extending an hour long game to an hour and a half
>Requires encyclopedic knowledge of numbers and builds to even begin enjoying the game
>Extremely susceptible to power creep
>Mobile game tier money grabs

Is the MOBA genre the worst trend of the new milennium?
>>
>Have to play the game in order to get good at it

Wtf valve let me buy my way to victory
>>
>>378032203
Its more like you have to dump 1000 hours into before it starts being fun since you actually know how to play then. The problem is after 1000 hours its no longer fun but you've invested so much time you feel the need to keep playing. Basically classic MMO addiction.
>>
>>378032370

I played around 100 hours before really understanding all of the games concepts and it was still fun up to that point. Maybe you need to stop taking every game you play so seriously and just play to have fun.
>>
>>378032571

>Losing an hour long game because one retard who wasn't you made a mistake is "fun"
>>
Met a neet on here who couldnt enjoy the game even a little.
>Dumped in hundreds of hours
>Main concern was winning
>Even if he won it didnt matter if it didnt go according to his plan
>Played a game with him and a friend remember how ass hurt he got when we didnt do exactly what he asked
>"I dont even want to play anymore but i can't stop"

hope you're okay man
>>
>>378032051

Poor man's LoL.
>>
>>378032370
I have no idea what you are doing wrong anon, I could easily tell I wasn't as good as other players but I did somewhat fine and was having fun in my first hundred games, barring a few in which I just fucked up the whole match.

That was back in WC3 times, but isn't Dota2 even easier to get into with tutorials and multiplayer bot matches?
>>
File: 2.png (5KB, 317x363px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
5KB, 317x363px
>>378032732
>having a retarded approach to life
get out of /vee/ for a moment ;)
>>
>>378032051
>Mobile game tier money grabs
Did you ever played Dota2 or LoL? There are only cosmetic items.
>>
>>378032959
They're both shit. And Riot games can suck a fat dick.
>>
>>378032051
>Comebacks are neigh impossible without extending an hour long game to an hour and a half
Pic unrelated, I hope? I fucking wish that was still the case with doto. I've taken to play League of Legends and every single comeback I've had in it has actually been much harder to achieve than Doto's. Says a lot about the current state of dota
>>
>>378033375

>LoL
>Only cosmetic items

DON'T FORGET TO BUY YOUR RUNES WITH OUR FREE CURRENCY GOYIM, IT'S FAIR BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BUY POWER WITH MONEY
>>
Glad lol is tanking most of casuals from my dota enjoy ur handholding
>>
>>378033776
Nigger please. When I quit dota it held your hand harder than LeL does, don't lie to yourself
>>
>>378033548
DON'T FORGET TO BUY YOUR EXTRA LIFE IN MARIO WITH 100 IN-GAME COINS GOYIM, IT'S FAIR BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BUY POWER WITH MONEY
>>
>>378033823
Nice bait mate
>>
File: Shut the fuck up, shitstain.jpg (633KB, 1424x2256px) Image search: [Google]
Shut the fuck up, shitstain.jpg
633KB, 1424x2256px
>>378034006
I quit dota and made an account 1 or 2 months before season 6 of ranked LeL ended. Had lots of finals and I went from new account to plat in around a month, took me two weeks of relatively constant playing to get to platinum. Genuinely better game than Dota in the state it was when I quit it. At least in the US East servers, filled with perus and obvious account buyers and game ruiners. Enemy got first blood? GG i'm done afk, kid goes afk or tilts all game and ruins it, comebacks always felt so artificial and forced, games were, at least for me, either won or lost on my own call, 5 minutes into them, and I had like 80% success rate on calling whether we'd win a game or not, hell sometimes I could call it on the fucking draft, with the same success rate; I never told anybody anything about what I thought either, so it's not like I tilted my team to force them to lose. Games at 5.9k mmr felt like they were won or lost with very little input on my part, it felt like I was just going through the motions, no matter what I did or stopped doing would the result change, most of the times that is, why's that? Because it's me plus 4 retards against the other high mmr guy plus 4 retards, whoever's 4k shitstains were shittier, would lose, that's it, no questions asked, it's even worse if you're playing pos5, pos4, pos3, like I always did, because that means you can't even try to bruteforce your way through these awful games

Every single comeback I've had in LeL was a pretty hard fight, every single time I carried the trashcans in League, I actually felt like it was a deserved win, the game is extremely snowbally, and I find it fine, because mistakes deserve to be punished, and you can always do something out of it too. League of Lels is literally, LITERALLY a more enjoyable game than current Dota2, take that from somebody that reached the LeL equivalent of 5.5k mmr in less than 2 months of creating his account. I played DotA since 2007, and always hated League
>>
>>378032051
More like
>play 100 hours
>master the basics, have fun
>2000 hours later still learning little details as you come across them
>wow that's so cool and keeps it fresh
they killed the game with the hots copy patch though
fuck 7.0
>>
File: 1494434080442.jpg (214KB, 1408x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1494434080442.jpg
214KB, 1408x1269px
>>378035075
>>378034006
I proved I'm not "baiting", I invite somebody to please try to prove me wrong now
>>
>>378035075
>413 games of techies

and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>378035075
2 months of playing league already plat.
1 year for me playing league still bronze 5 lel
>>
>>378035075
>>378035802
What is there to prove wrong?
You just say that it "felt" it was more of a deserved win in LoL, while you "felt" like you had little input in dota. Nobody's gonna argue against you when all you do is "muh feels"
>>
>>378035075
Completely agree with you on dota part. Had similar experience especially with predictions. At some point you just feel when, how and why everything will go wrong.
But I feel like League even more boring than that.
>>
>>378032051
>5x5 game
>retards are playing it solo
>complain because they hate each other
>retards hating retards for playing it solo
>in 5x5 game
>retards complain about money grab in a game with every single hero and ability available from the first launch

Retards never changing.
>>
File: 1286467976341.jpg (114KB, 567x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1286467976341.jpg
114KB, 567x1000px
>>378035075
>9 0 0 0 hours
>KDA 1-3
>5400 mmr
>over 6 0 0 0 fucking matches

MY
SIDES
>>
Every ASSFAGGOT thread
>My game is better than your game.
>Your game is casual shit.
>Tell me your rank before you talk.
>I've played X for Y hours, this means I have authority.
>If you expose any flaws in my game, you're just a casual.
>Waifu picture dump (hope this starts soon)
>527 replies 150 images. Archived.
>>
>>378037809
it's a very insecure fanbase
>>
LoL fag here. what did 7.0 basically do to dota 2 for someone who is clueless about dota?
>>
>>378036662
It's because jews
>>
Buffs for Doom when?
>>
>>378038594
Introduce talents that are sometimes interesting as a choice upon leveling at certain levels rather than having empty levels in which you would skill "stats," which were the least interesting thing imaginable outside of fucking around and not leveling skills and a few builds that would forego further ability levels for the small stat gains at early levels.

Also introduced shrines on the map which are a building that can be teleported to and activated with a 5m cooldown to restore hp and mana to heroes around it. Each team has 2 out on the map and a few in base.

People who hate on 7.0 are retards and were just looking for an excuse to shit on the game regardless of the changes.
>>
>>378039390
Newfags everyone. I bet you don't even know how Bara could cast a net with an 8 second root before
>>
>>378032370
nah I picked it up this week cause my coworker recommended it and i'm having fun immediately.

git gud
>>
>>378038997
Never ever
>>
>>378033078
yes
bot AI is pretty competent tbqh
>>
>>378032959
bad bait

dota actually requires a brainstem and the only grind that occurs is for actual skill, not bullshit like runes and other champions
>>
File: 1461893279592.jpg (120KB, 700x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1461893279592.jpg
120KB, 700x1069px
>>378038997
>that month or two after his Infernal Blade remake when Veil gave 18 INT and going Phase Veil Hood Vlads made you nigh-unstoppable
>>
>>378038997
He doesn't even need big buffs.
Like Infernal Blade being almost instant in animation.
Or change Aghs into something more fun. Or make the "Eat ancient creeps" talent less shit
>>
>>378032370
here's the secret. none of those 1k hour players know how to play either. you're better off doing anything you want that just has a sound reasoning behind it.

t. played since 2005 or something
>>
>>378032051
>mobile tier money grabs

Dota 2 is the nicest f2p I've ever played. In fact I think it's the only fair F2P i've ever played.
>>
>>378040349
New aghs
If you kill a doomed target doom will spread to nearby enemies in a 400 aoe
>>
File: 1490856684069.png (626KB, 943x703px) Image search: [Google]
1490856684069.png
626KB, 943x703px
>>378032051
yes

/thread
>>
>>378040349
I'd argue he doesn't even really need buffs, just he's not good against the current meta. Or perhaps, his toolkit is more focused on the enemy having a single powerhouse with tons of support, whereas now due to changes, most heroes scale much better into the late game.

That, or simply roll his aghs break ability into the base ability again, no one's going to live long enough for the extended duration to matter anyway (Either you're gonna die or they are before it really comes into effect.). Give the aghs version a cooldown reduction, because right now Doom is contending with Black Hole for cooldown.

The ancient creep thing is hit or miss, I do feel like it's kind of boring, but casting frenzy on the physical carry from the Stormhide while giving him 15% extra damage is nice, and it's pretty easy to counterpush with a black dragon's fireball. None of those abilities are particularly interesting though.
>>
>>378032732
you are the retard, if you can't carry 4 losers considering the other team has 5 in it, then you really must suck
>>
>>378032051
What's worse /v/ russians or peruvians?
>>
>>378038997

> Doom

Who? Do you mean Infernal Blade?
>>
>>378043283
Russians or turks aka roach if they start raging like nobody in this game gets so fucking tilted like those fucking subhumans. They would rather lose 40-60 min instead of trying to win.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.