[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Robot Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: -500575.1.jpg (473KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
-500575.1.jpg
473KB, 1500x1500px
I just beat pic related.
Holy shit, this game is amazing. How come I've never heard of this series before this installment? I looked into it and there's tons of these games but for Japan only? Why?
I hope future installments get subbed too. Anybody else first timers here?
>>
>How come I've never heard of this series before
Because /v/ is normalfag land
>>
Shameless bump I guess
>>
>>378032012
>looked into it and there's tons of these games but for Japan only? Why?

Because of the anime license involved. There are still problems actually and even the english version you played was actually never released outside of asia. So it's technically still not localized.
>>
>>378032012
Is that the battleship yamato?
>>
>>378032786
Yes, and it's OP.
>>
>>378032012
Now that you've played one in english you can pretty much play any in japanese since the menus are basically the same.
Only way to experience the story is through online summaries/translated playthroughs, which is a shame really.

I reccomend playing the PS2 games, especially Z and OGS+OGG.
>>
Emulate the OG series. Play J and Alpha Gaiden which are also translated.

Then start playing the japanese only games. I recommend Z1 and MX. Been a fan of the series ever since I was a kid. Made me into a /m/an
>>
>>378033089
So this game has an English sub? This isn't just a hot localization meme?
>>
>>378033380
>Made me into a /m/an
This
When I discovered the series with @3 back in high school I shat myself when I saw Gaogaigar, Mazinkaiser, Gunbuster, Valkyries, the Evas and Gundams together.
It introduced me into Dancouga and Macross 7 too.
>>
65%
>>
>>378033634
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>378033802
At least it's not as bad as dropping D altogether just because of some annoying faggot pestering you online.

Harming 1000s of people just because of one guy is fucking retarded
>>
>>378034142
I'm still sad about D.

...At least AP is almost done.
>>
Moon Dwellers is better, way better animation than V
>>
>>378032012
Because it's hell having to get licensing from all the people that originally licensed a series in the west due to it being a crossover series. There were some translated but they're all OG games.

Plus /v/ doesn't really talk about SRW. It's mostly talked about on /m/ for obvious reasons.
>>
>>378034375
Too bad the enlish version sucked. Hopefully they'll use the V guys for the next OG. That would be amazing
>>
>>378033089
Op here.

I was looking at the alpha series too? How are those?
And the portable games?
>>
>>378033634
Yes, there's an actual completely translated version barring voices.
>>
Moon dwellers is also in English
>>
>>378032012
SRWV is def contender for GOTY for me. Love that music.

Btw, the general is on /m/ if you're interested.
>>
>>378033683
@3 was great, man.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.