[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

alright let's settle it: what truly determines ones success in competitive? is solo queue really that bad? what will you say determines a victory in competitive if all are the same skill level?

I'm not taking any sides, I'll let you guys convince me
>>
good design, good marketing
thats all, and applies not only to vidya
>>
File: CwmAxS4UsAATNyy.jpg (54KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
CwmAxS4UsAATNyy.jpg
54KB, 500x580px
>>378025265
team work. I was with a group of people who were all good individually, and did incredibly well in quick play but we sucked competitively. Where it showed that we were lacking was uncoordinated attacks, trickling and all the poor decisions that come without a united front.

The right leader and the right call at the right time can make all the difference.
>>
is solo queue actually solo? if not it's bad
>>
>>378025973
you know, you do have a point. it's like Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks
>>
>>378026117
yeah its doing competitive with no friends
>>
>>378025973
This.
This is why it's so hard to get anywhere in this fucking game
>>
Success:
>do you have someone hitscanning pharah?
If not
>is the autistic soldier aware enough to let you take him and do the job?

Crawling out of gold, this was the biggest, glaring problem. Once you have a reliable pharah repellent, solo que is pretty easy.

Strange enough, if I solo queue I do great. If I duo queue, it's loss after loss, even though we always make sure we have the heal spots. It's almost like trusting random to dps well is a foolish idea.
>>
>>378025973
>did incredibly well in quick play
>in quick play
this is where u fucked up.
quick play is just a bunch of noobs and most of the time they are trolling with attack sym/torb or playing hanzo.
you thought you guys were good because you won against some noob?
not only you lack coordinate attacks,
you guys lack the skills as well.

>>378027956
i think what he meant is if everybody's solo.
the answer is no.
u can team up against group of friends
or have 2 groups in team like 1+ 1 + 2 + 2 or 1 + 2 + 3,
which sometimes is horrible because people in group don't cooperate with others.
>>
>>378028457
this was back when quick play was the ONLY thing.
>>
>>378025265
I've had people rage at me for not being able to hit a Roadhog 2m in front of me

The funny thing is my map awareness and skills at reading people and anticipating their next moves made up for it and so on average I was consistently put into the same game as these guys.

Whenever I would misread the situation and pop my head around a corner not catching them unaware I was dead before my reflexes even would kick in, yet I kept making the plays that would win us the game.
>>
>>378028457
yeah that's bad too
>>
>>378025265
You gain more Skill Rating based on your Hero performance relative to other people who play your hero.

So you're actually better off and will gain more ranking by maining a hero or two and becoming very good at them.

Also, so long as you stay above 50% win rate, i.e. 51% win rate, you will rank up. Inevitably.
>>
>>378025265

>what truly determines ones success in competitive?

I know it seems like an obvious answer but being good. The thing i like about the high ranks is that nobody can have a mic and EVERYONE knows exactly what needs to be done. They don't need someone crying about people not having mics and wanting to do call outs cause lets be real folks this is OVERWATCH the game doesn't have that much depth to it.

Hit your shots, win your 1v1's, don't waste your ults and avoid shitty team comps.

>what will you say determines a victory in competitive if all are the same skill level?

Watch any Overwatch tournament and just study how they play.

> is solo queue really that bad?

If you can not carry a team then yes.
>>
>>378030082
what's your favorite team setup for certain map types?
>>
Just a question, is Overwatch enjoyable to play solo? i'm interest to get it for 20 Eu but none of my friends seem up for it really.
>>
>>378025265
I am a Britbong who used to play on the EU servers. I was placed in Gold originally and have been going up and down between Platinum and Gold for the last 2 seasons.
>No one speaks english
>People tilt way too fast
>No team work.

I decide to migrate to NA servers.
>Not even a quarter the amount of toxic players that were in EU
>Every one seems chill when you talk in voice chat
>Every one speaks English

After 2 days of moving to the NA servers to play competitive i am now borderline Diamond and still climbing.
So after this, OP i can confirm that the deciding factor in winning when you have two teams of equal skill is your ability to work as a team and communicate. The better you are at giving information the more potential options for a better outcome become available because your team is more informed of a problem which requires solving.

Take from this what you will but that was my experience.
>>
>>378031986
EU here, you're absolutely right.
>>
>>378031634
>EU
No it won't be enjoyable solo. You're better off joining a group on discord or something and finding people to play with.
>>
File: 1493394507754.jpg (43KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
1493394507754.jpg
43KB, 680x850px
>>378031986
Another EUfag here, I agree with you. Got placed in high Diamond, switched over to US servers a few matches full of fucking French/Swedish players and now I'm at Master.

Just the fact that burgers use voice chat and actively communicate with you makes a BIG difference.
>>
>>378025265
Being good at aiming, being good at taking decision (like waiting Reinhardt's shield to go down before using Zarya's ult for exemple, or counter picking), and a bit of luck to not play with total retard
>>
You need different skills to get out of different ranks solo.

>Bronze
If you consistently get gold damage and highest accuracy you'll get out

>Silver
Same as bronze but you need to time your "moments" so your team can capitalize and push a point

>Gold
Same as Silver but with more refined moment-to-moment play. (when to hold angles vs push, CD management, etc)

>Plat
Same as Gold but now you have to actually talk to your team
>>
File: 1377034632364.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1377034632364.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
Another eufag here gold/plat, long story short solo queue has 2 options:
you get the retards that don't know how to press Q
you get the non-retards who know when to press Q

If you are below diamond there is really no point in playing. People lack basic aiming, tanks don't block or counter ultimates, healers are atrocious and often need 5 seconds to acknowledge that you need healing and its like flanks don't even exist. The community is toxic and retarded and often blames the people who carry them for losing. There is no point in buying this game to solo queue, only if you have people to play with.
>>
>>378025506
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Did you read past the first five words before replying?
>>
File: 1495550993004.png (47KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
1495550993004.png
47KB, 250x301px
There are people here who actually can't get to Grand Master.
>>
File: 1495631796235.jpg (13KB, 188x269px) Image search: [Google]
1495631796235.jpg
13KB, 188x269px
>>378033919
im top 500
>>
File: Eliwood.png (2KB, 96x80px) Image search: [Google]
Eliwood.png
2KB, 96x80px
>>378033919
I'm plat.
>tfw painfully average
>>
I made it to plat by playing nothing but torbjorn.
Competitive team games are a joke. Stop now.
1v1 is the only way to go
>>
I'm only high gold rn but it seems to be different for each rank
>bronze play winston and pick off the hanzo/genji and one healer the they might have.
>silver carry w/ rein and roadhog
>gold don't trickle
Everything else is above me
>>
>>378025265
Tanks are the most important because they do the objective work. Soldier is always good to have.
>>
>playing overwatch competitively
>taking the game this seriously
What the hell is wrong with you people?
>>
>>378025265

Who the fuck cares about competitive mode, you guys aren't going to live off it lol
>>
>>378037317
>>378037412
Because Comp mode is basically the only way you're gonna be able to play the game "properly", as in without everyone just fucking around or doing silly shit.

It doesn't always work out, that's inevitable, but when you get people working together to complete the objectives it's a great time.
>>
>>378037557
Meanwhile QP is usually people practicing heroes they don't normally play or just fucking around to pass time and Arcade is its own beast.
>>
>>378025265
>success in competitive
what?
speak english ffs
overwatch is a pleb console first person moba

>victory in competitive
what the fuck are you talking about

you overwatch babies are literally cancer, since 20 years nerds, pros and cool guys made lan partys, had their own turnaments which eventually became esports and in 2k17 you cancer kiddies are coming into the room without any skill, culture or any relation to the matter and with an entitlement higher than a whore on instagram and want to somehow be part of the legacy the quakers, et players and csgo nerds have created.

You will never be part of that.
Your game is horrible.
Watching your game is horrible
Your community is horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwa7ZvL1pGU

>I-I'm n-not impressed!!
That quote is literally overcancer in a nutshell.

Stay "lol competitive xDDD"
>>
>>378028436
I lose about 80% of games where I trust dps to other players and go heal. I don't suck at healing either. You just can't get anywhere if you aren't applying g proper damage.
>>
File: 1494524293132.jpg (29KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1494524293132.jpg
29KB, 600x456px
>>378025265
Overwatch is dead as an "esport". It barely has viewers on twitch compared to the big dogs. Blizzard should just do like they've done with all their other games, aim to please the casuals.
>>
>>378037825
>Play pharah mainly
>Someone else instalocks pharah
>Go mercy to assist them
>They hit nothing for the first 30 seconds of the round
>Continue to be ineffective enough the other team doesn't even run a hitscan

This has happened more than once...
>>
File: 1492027504280.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1492027504280.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
>>378038195

>tfw when i'm that pharah

please forgive me
>>
knowing how to fill right for your team to make the most impact. I am a lucio main. i fucking love him but if i see my team's weak spot is DPS ill switch to zen. If im playing winston (my other main) and notice my team has their front line ripped apart too often tanks ill switch to zarya.

i also stopped giving two shits about my ranking and enjoying the matches as they come and its just made the game light years better for me.
>>
>>378037821
nice bait
>>
File: IMG_0856.png (145KB, 650x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.png
145KB, 650x504px
>>378025265
Coordination op, the biggest downfall of the lower tiers is selfish play. My gf is silver and she plays selfishly as hell. She tries to play lucio like reaper, good positioning is nonexistent and trickling is a really big problem that the lower tiers don't give a fuck about. The upper tiers are where it gets tricky im at master right now and the amount of insta lock dps that don't fucking kill anything is fucking absurd. It's a gamble.
>>
>>378038580
This. You can climb pretty far without much skill as long as you know how to play "rock paper scissors" with team comp
>>
>>378031986
>>378032901
sounds more like competition is tougher in EU and burgerclaps play shit tier
>>
File: 1494093055888.jpg (36KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494093055888.jpg
36KB, 600x500px
I found that people are typically so fucking bad at this game, I had no issue climbing comp ladder by myself.

I picked the game up two months ago, and I'm currently masters, and very close to GM.

pic is basically my face when I watch most people play
>>
>>378039117
>Coordination op, the biggest downfall of the lower tiers is selfish play.
This so hard. Everyone wants to play their preferred DPS hero regardless of the situation or team composition.
And then they'll fight with each other when there's a suggestion made.
>>
>>378037821
Aspergers
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (103KB, 705x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
103KB, 705x435px
>>378039681
Yea this persists through almost all of the tiers. "Hurrr gotta insta lock my dps". I fucking hate this shit, that's why I mainly play support now. If I pick support healing actually gets done. My advice to you is to find a healer you're comfortable with and get good with them. Zen main here and he's fucking perfect basically half dps half heals, good for shredding thru tanks.
>>
>>378029312
Actually no. If you do shit with a hero you will actually rank down on even 50%+ winrate. There was some guy on the forum recently complaining about how he lost more SR than gainer at 55% winrate. Same with some people with 45% winrate, they get more SR than they lose.

The system is retarded. If you totally rolfstomp the enemy team you will actually get LESS SR than someone who had a drawn out fight and barely won. When I rolfstomp with a team I usually have around 17-22 SR gains, and when I barely win a drawn out match I get 30+ SR.

TL;DR: System is broken, it need fixing.
>>
>>378025973
+1 for teamwork. I'd put money on an average team with lots of experience together vs a good team of solo players.
>>
>>378037821
>this post
>calling others cancer

kek
>>
>>378025265
I made it to diamond solo
Whenever i played with a group it was a usually a loss
Fucking hell still salty i got to 3448 SR solo then went down to 3000
>>
>>378037821
Kill yourself.
Autist.
>>
>>378040928
Are you me? Only after spending weeks on diamond i played with a friend to "carry him" just for the lulz and that was the only time i had a win streak playing with someone else.
>>
>>378040306
It makes sense though.
If you manage to roflstomp is because the enemy team is run by monkeys so it takes less effort to win and thus you win less SR.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.