[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think we'll ever get another good skateboarding game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1485722506618.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485722506618.webm
3MB, 320x240px
You think we'll ever get another good skateboarding game?
>>
>>378024571
depends on if the skating community gets its shit together.
>>
>>378024571
>You think we'll ever get another good skateboarding game?
What would you guys say to a Skate 4? Good idea or bad
>>
>>378024679
What do you mean by this? Genuinely curious because I used to skateboard years ago but haven't followed it since.
>>
No.

No one that matters cares about skateboarding anymore.

It will be just like arean shooters trying to stay relevant at that point. No one will touch it after like a week, and it will be watered down and uninteresting, and it certainly won't be as good as the ones you played when you were 15 to 20 years younger, guaranteed.

Skateboarding isn't cool anymore.
>>
>>378024841
amazing idea
>tfw Skate 3 gets on xbone backwards compatibility
don't regret buying this big piece of shit anymore
>>
>>378024957
A lot of the old guard is retiring, not just pro's, but characters that kind of got skateboarding to where it is today. Kids are pussies and ride long boards, etc.
>>
>>378025456

That isn't relevant considering athletes in general stay "relevant" for the most part even 30 years later.

It's just because no one cares about skateboarding anymore and it's a huge risk.
>>
File: tumblr_mcmr93vpgB1qbfoleo1_1280.jpg (423KB, 812x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcmr93vpgB1qbfoleo1_1280.jpg
423KB, 812x1080px
>>378025115
>Skate 3 gets backward compatibility
>Skate 3 was also the only title in the series to feature an online focus
>Skate 3 online services have been shut down
>Skate 3 is a pretty empty shell of a Skate game
>Skate 3 doesn't even have a traversible map, it's just teleporting from one poorly mapped area to the next

Why couldn't they have made Skate 2, or 1 backward compatible? Why'd we have to get the weakest release of the franchise?
>>
>>378025692
yeah, it's been about 30 years since skateboarding took to pop culture in a big way. The loss of relevance is in line with the age.
>It's just because no one cares about skateboarding anymore and it's a huge risk.

You can still make upwards to 70/80 on a good year, VOD/Instagram/comps (not even the major ones). The risk part is true, hence the popularity of scooters and longboards. Easy activities with minimal risk.
>>
>>378026158
>longboards
I never understood this, riding a board made for tricks and riding a board made for cruising has been around for ages, why is it only now a big deal?
>scooters
You can't tell me people with both social awareness and an age above 12 ride scooters
>>
>>378026721
Gotta somewhat be aware of the action sports scenes to see these things. Kinda like you have to be somewhat be aware of video games to understand the No Man's Sky fiasco. Scooters are very popular right within that spectrum.
>Longboarding

It's because of the loss of relevancy, so the core skaters, people releasing the videos and edits are hating cause longboard cause chad and his sister are cruising down the street like they've bleed for some shit. It's an ego thing, nothing more.
>>
>>378027203
But the scooter kids were always the first to get beat up at the skatepark because they always fucking get in the way. How has it become acceptable to swing around a solid chunk of plastic/metal that does nothing but hit people in the ankles? How does anyone think it looks cool in the slightest?
>>
You don't see a UFC/Boxing/Wrestling hybrid game.

Skateboarding stands alone.
>>
File: 834oit2.gif (1MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
834oit2.gif
1MB, 160x120px
>>378027534
I really don't know. I'm not the same anon but I skate my local skatepark from time to time and its true, scooters are everywhere and some kids riding them are at least 17 or 18 years old.. its not like the old days though, were each sports hated eachother (skate, inline, bmx, scooters, etc) the skatepark community seems more mature now and everyone cheers up when a big trick is landed, regardless of the platform.
>>
>>378024571
I never thought that skateboarding could be so damn gay.
>>
>>378027534
Different regions, different scenes, etc. East coast US, Suburban sprawl, copying the stunt inline way of cutting lines, the switch ups and shit looks technical, Aussie land dudes are flipping all over the place like it's a goddamn circus. I assume kids think it's difficult for these reasons. Also, kinda like skateboarding back in the mid 90's. If you have a scooter and you're good, people across the globe just hit you up to ride, free plane tickets, lodging, etc.
>>
>>378027989
also, this.

times have just changed.
>>
I've been enjoying True Skate for several months now. They're releasing a big screen version, which is pretty cool.

I can't skate for shit IRL, but I always enjoyed skateboarding games. I think if someone were to make one, they should focus on the cultures around the world. Kinda like how it's been getting big in Japan or China.
>>
>>378028306
I would very much like a cultural perspective on it. Americans are good, but we don't dominate anymore. South Americans/Euros/Japanese.
>>
Kids can't put their phones away long enough to skateboard anymore.
>>
>>378025713
i actually came around to skate 3. skate 2 and 3 focused too much on speed for my liking. i realized after playing that there's still quite a bit of shit to explore. the object dropper is way too big of a feature for me now, actually, because of that. so many gaps open up with a rail or a ramp. plus the clean ui (skate 1's was cool for the 90s skater aesthetic but ugh, it is from a bygone era in game design), and i like the character design more.

if you hate it i understand completely. i'd suggest giving it a shot while drinking. for some reason hitting the same stair set or whatever becomes almost cathartic to me when i've had some beers
>>
>>378028628
I hate that this is the truth.

oh well, least I had fun during my era.
>>
Regarding longboards as an outsider to skater culture myself: They're outsiders who never experienced the stigma of an underground culture, but now want in on it due to positive image. Equate this to vidya scalpers, attention whores who play one-button RPGs, and mobile phone users.
>>
>>378027989
>>378028114
That's horribly depressing. I don't think inline even exists here anymore, save for the niche that do it at the beach, why couldn't that have made a comeback over scooters
>>378030439
That makes sense, as a skater who also longboards
>>
>>378030439
Back in my day we called them poseurs.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.