[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are anti-emulation people so illogical?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 19

File: 1493882158611.jpg (151KB, 358x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1493882158611.jpg
151KB, 358x1432px
Why are anti-emulation people so illogical?
>>
>>378018781
Because console gamers are corporate cocksuckers who worship everything tgat Nintendo and Sony shits out no matter how bad it is.
>>
>>378018781
The issue I think they have isn't with emulation itself but the fact that many of the people using emulators don't pay for their games. Its more of a disgust for pirates.
>>
>>378020591
But the jump from that stance to emulation is large and requires a lot of wilful ignorance.
>>
I don't mind emulation, hell I emulate damn near everything on my htpc, but for moral reasons I don't emulate consoles that are currently being supported. I just put CEMU on the htpc because Nintendo just dropped the Wii-U.
>>
>>378020591
yeah I'd rather pay up to a hundred bucks for a carttridge of some fucking nintendo game from ebay to support the developers.
>>
>>378020720
Good point. Maybe they're just retarded...

>>378020869
Exactly why digital copies of old games are a good thing imo. A digital copy of a physical disk or book is GOOD. Digital copies don't degrade with time. The internet is an excellent place to store valuable knowledge and vidya.
>>
File: xlgun3o3g1yx.png (34KB, 763x770px) Image search: [Google]
xlgun3o3g1yx.png
34KB, 763x770px
I just like having the autentical feel of playing an old game on an old system. It's more of an experience. Also physical collection.
>>
With mednafen, kega fusion, psx2, nulldc, dolphin and launchbox for a aesthetically pleasing front end i have no need for consoles anymore.

I have dumped thousands into this hobby over my time with it and cant justify it anymore so i will emulate classics and games i missed out on. Im 100% pc at this point. Fuck microsoft fuck sony fuck nintendo.
>>
>>378020591
You know how that could be solved.

By Sony, Nintendo, Xbox, Sega etc actually make their own emulator. The emulator software itself is free, but the games to buy and play them depending on how old they are like 2-15 bucks each. Or even have the emulator fee a one off or a yearly sub or something.

If it meant i would have a stable emulator that could run any game from it's library, i wouldn't mind forking out like 30 bucks a year plus a few bucks here and there for a game i want to play. In this current day and age it isn't like hosting all the games on a server would be expensive when ps2 era and prior were all like below 4Gb each
>>
>>378021264
Emulators developed to play illegally copied Nintendo software promote piracy. That's like asking why doesn't Nintendo legitimize piracy. It doesn't make any business sense. It's that simple and not open to debate. Even though nintendo themselves only use illegally dumped ROMs for their virtual console games.
>>
File: a69.png (16KB, 834x430px) Image search: [Google]
a69.png
16KB, 834x430px
I have never paid for a console game in my life, nor am I planning to.
>>
>>378018781
Who the fuck is anti-emulation?
>>
>>378021415
Well realistically they have stopped making money on their older platforms so a paid emulator could be profitable.
>>378021264
This is an excellent idea.
>>
>>378021489
He comes
>>
>>378018781
Purists are cancer no matter the medium.
>>
Emulation is a good thing in the end but it also enables underage piratefag behavior. But I also don't like playing on emulators, as it's rarely a 100% replica and I like having physical copies of things I really like or are memorable in other ways.
I'm not actually anti-emulation though. Just stating a few universal reasons for why people act like they do.
>>
File: 1495458240204.jpg (39KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495458240204.jpg
39KB, 480x512px
>>378018781
We're mostly avid console gamers and thus very afraid of the pc getting any good games.
>>
Input lag

Find me a mother 3 rom that isn't swarmed by the shitty input lag.

Melee being the most emulated game in the world, took input to not be an issue
Yet that type of optimization is exclusive to one single game.
It should be standard.
Closedsource programs like cemu qnd dolphin.
>>
>>378021582

Dude if I didnt pirate games when I was under 18 I would not have played any games. I wasnt born into a wealthy family.
>>
Game piracy is 100% not your problem. If you have strong anti-piracy feelings despite not being a dev, publisher or a shareholder then congrats, you have been indoctrinated.
>>
File: 1474488183685.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474488183685.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>378021182
Nothing you just said makes any (aside from the collection). It's the same fucking game, unless you some how value the 5 seconds of front end UI more than the game itself. It reminds me of "the FEEL of 60 FPS", it's a nonsensical abstraction that avoids anything real.
>>
>>378018781
>Emulation of old games is bad because there's no sale and the devs aren't getting any money from it

>Buying used games and consoles is fine, despite devs getting no money on used sales

If you are against emulators/ piracy and not used sales (including garage sales,craigslist, and eBay) you are a shit hypocrite and need to off yourself

In fact, used sales are even worse as someone is profiting off of the dev's hard work :^)
>>
>>378019414
a-and Xboners, those guys are just the worst, ay? They're such, like, corporate cocksuckers and they, y'know, love Microsoft. How gay is Halo, huh? Gotta hate Halo.

Look, Xbox is still relevant. Stop leaving us out of your hate posts. You certainly wont be ignoring us when Scorpio comes out.
>>
>>378021859
No its fucking not. All emulators are riddled with input delay. Don't fucking lie to the man.
>>
>>378018781
This pic... AM2R o7
>>
>company sells game for a very limited time
>never sells it again afterward
>doesn't even localize it
>but it's wrong to emulate

Hey assholes, how about you bring the game over so I can actually purchase, or make it available on the eshop? You bust my bonnet over it, when you're not even trying.
>>
>>378021489
>>378021578
WHERE IS HE?
>>
>>378018781
because CEMUfags are dorks
>>
>>378022062
He didn't post it himself so obviously he's not coming.
>>
>>378020591
I feel that, even as someone who loves emulators.

A lot of it I can justify because they are games I've already bought/owned as a kid and I like fucking around with different video settings and cheats that are impossible on their normal consoles.

I have checked out a few games I never had obviously, but honestly I think it skews 80/20 me just using it for nostalgia replays.
>>
>>378021415
>Nintendo decide to make emulator
>charge a sub fee to use it
>they also provide you a market place to buy games so you can use the emulator
>somehow illegal

Even though they already do it with the virtual console,how would it be illegal for a publisher of games and developer of the consoles make a emulator and allow you to purchase the games and emulator?
>>
>>378022036
Maybe you should stop using emulators on a shit LCD and with a wireless controller.

In a proper environment, that delay is not humanly noticeable.
>>
>>378022176
who?
>>
would you rather eat a cake lovingly crafted by a master baker, or a cake made by a bum using ingredients found in the trash?

i think the answer is obvious.
>>
>>378021906
>Scorpio
Nice meme
>>
>>378022296
cakesitting is my fetish
>>
>>378021669

With enough effort you can reduce input lag to where its negligible. I dont know why you people think youre super computers but you arent.
>>
>>378022296
???
>>
>>378022296
Really makes me think...
>>
>>378022281
>Not humanly noticeable
So not only are you relying on hyperbole to have an argumen.
You admit current emulation has a problem with input delay.
Why did you even respond?
>>
>>378022036
>muh input delay
Fucking deal with it you child, it's barely noticeable. You'll never be able to relive your childhood to begin with and "the authentic feel" of old games is a load of shit you've deluded yourself into believing. Have fun tracking down a $300 copy of an old cartridge to put on your barely-working SNES and CRT when any sane person would have just downloaded the fucking thing for free on any computer.

What next? Does it "look better" with your grainy-ass CRT?
>>
>>378022296

Well well well, what do we have here?
Another cake poster I see.
Leave this place immediately.
>>
>>378022529
It has input delay. It does not have a "problem" with input delay as the values are too low to be relevant. I replied to put you in your place, that's twice now.
>>
Anyone have the comic where he creates a copy of the product in the store using his mind and the clerk tells him thats illegal and stealing?
>>
>>378022397
Negligable in games with one frame windows is way too noticable. I hate emulating shit on mame because of it.
There is a reason people don't use fightcade for 3s tournaments.
>>
>>378022560
why are you so mad tho
>>
It's virtually impossible for companies to provide emulation service on par with piracy due to licensing issues. They can't just take all the 5000 games released for the system and sell it themselves. And downloading romsets which weight from several megabyes to few gigabytes which offer thousands of hours of gameplay beats any 30-in-1 compilation.

So illegal piracy of roms is there to stay, like it or not.
>>
>>378022393
Leave this place right now Ray Smuckles!
>>
>>378022646
No.
>>
>>378022616

So you're saying that the input lag that anon experiences is his monitor and/or controller and not the emulator?
>>
>>378022560
Not to mention he gave 300 dollars to the person selling it not even to the devs or publishers. Just so he could have a physical copy that will fail eventually to play on hardware no longer made that will fail eventually and will spend another fortune buying the hardware all over again
>>
>>378018781
>I used my own ingredients

If by that, you mean

>I took food someone else did 99.99999999% to make and and pissed all over it

Then I agree
>>
>>378021859
Not him but I recently bought a SNES, an extra controller for it, and several cartridges from my old collection. I could easily emulate all of this shit but I don't care. I like the physicality, I like the click of the cartridges and the way they feel in my hand, I like to see the labels as I play. It's a feeling that emulation fags, being underage as they are, will never understand. I know these days you guys like to emulate all of the classics to bring yourself up to speed so you can talk about the games with your betters but for those of us who were actually alive during that time, the novelty can't be beat.
>>
>>378022560
"ITS THE SAME GAME"
>It's not. It performs noticably worse
"STOP BEING AUTISTIC
>>
>>378022752

But doesn't the console look nice underneath the CRT television?
>>
>>378022752
>consoles But PCs are immortal

Really, niBBa?
>>
File: lib.png (186KB, 738x901px) Image search: [Google]
lib.png
186KB, 738x901px
>>378022036
This isn't 2007 anymore, my dude.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/impressive-input-9846625
>>
>>378022983
>consoles FAIL but PCs are immortal*
>>
>>378022983
That isnt even his point?
>>
>>378022670
Why not provide the software and you know the games that they themselves published to start and either have devs come crawling to them to put their old games on sale again or hell just re license them as the years go by. Dont need all 5000 at once

>thinking size of old games matter
Even if it is at 5000 games ps2 games and xbox and prior were on dvds and below which dvds had like 4 gb max limit. Not all games even used it all so for 5000 games at 4gb each is only like 20 tb
>>
>>378020591
Hey dude. I gladly pay for zelda if it comes in pc. But if nintendo think im gona buy that piece of shit that they call switch to play a game at a horrible resolution. And sub 30 framerate. ... just no
Games like zelda deserve something better.
>>
>>378018781
>I stole a sandwich from the fridge but added ketchup on it therefore it's mine
>>
>>378021859
Idk man, not him but it doesn't feel the same to play it on an emulator. I played Ecco 1 on an emulator and it works well if not better, but playing with a modern wireless controller or keyboard makes the game considerably different in how it feels to play. If I have the option of playing it physical or on the original system, I will do so over an emulator. I don't disparage the use of emulators but I find them not to my own liking.
>>
It's perfectly fine if you want video games to be just like they were back then. What makes me laugh is people who hook up framemeisters to their LCD TVs instead of just booting an emulator.
>>
>>378018781
It's okay if you want to pirate games but don't go around explaining why it is not wrong.
>>
>>378023660
Nothing physical was stolen. Only the idea. Nice try slow bro
>>
>>378022983
Functionally yes because as long as software is updated and/or ported for any piece of emerging tech emulationwon't die like 30 year old hardware with limited stock.

Smartphones today which basically everyone in the west has one now, are capable of running up to like ps1 emulators and even ps2 for certain games i believe

Youdon't buy a pc or phone for one generic purpose like consoles now anyway
>>
>>378023790
Alright. Why do you think Mr. Krabs doesn't want Plankton to steal the Krabby Patty formula?
>>
>>378021906
They dont exist anymore
>>
>>378023791
Furthermore, vuirtualization is really picking up steam in recent years, so we no longer have to worry about backwards compatibility on PC.
>>
>>378022776
Why not buy a cheap mock setup for thag that will give you the same feel for like 3 bucks and run the games on an emulator with a controller from that pc which some you can buy that are from old as fuck consoles but brand new and work for pc
>>
So everyone here who is anti-emulation is also anti-used games, anti-secondhand market, and anti-trading right? Otherwise you'd be huge hypocrites because the end result I'd the same. The original developer gets nothing from your purchase.
>>
>>378023051
One frame is still too much.
>>
>>378024060
Maybe for rhythm games, but that's extremely niche.
>>
>>378022728
He didn't respond because he was backed into a corner.
>>
>>378023970
>but muh feels
>>378022776

You are free to like what ever you like, but if you really thick that your enjoyment from retro games only comes from the "novelty" and that alone, you need to re-think why you like this hobby
>>
It's exactly the same ones and zeros. There is no magical fairy dust in console hardware that makes the games better.
>>
>>378018781
>food analogy
And it doesn't even make sense since you still have to pirate the games for said emulator.
>>
>>378024178
Rhythme games, fighting games, but then again. What you posted is not standard at all.

It took them almost 15 years to emulate the simplest machines gaming has to offer, and you still can't get it fram perfect.

And it's still not standard. Nothing for ps1 and genesis, all the slow slightly off awkwardness that is plauging this scene.

There are very good reasons why no one emulates clasdic games for speed running.
>>
File: Cybornator_001.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cybornator_001.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Plebs who act like emulation is superior are the problem.
>>
>>378024260
>but if you really thick that your enjoyment from retro games only comes from the "novelty" and that alone, you need to re-think why you like this hobby
Of course it doesn't. You can't give me any shit game on a cart and expect me to like it just because of that. I still collect only the classics and games I genuinely enjoyed from my childhood because they're great-ass games that I just want to sit down and play sometimes. But when I do play them, I prefer to play them as close to how I did as a kid, physical SNES and cartridges and all. I'm a huge nostalgia fag who is always trying to mentally put himself in simpler times despite mixed results.
>>
>>378022776

Excessive materialism is not healthy either, anon.
>>
1.8 CRACK WHERE
>>
>>378024413
Yes, because speed runners are all autists
>>
>>378024768
Good argument glad I had faith in /v/ once again.
>>
>>378024601
Most of these people are beyond help. I'm speaking from experience by the way. I just bought a 600 dollar doll.
>>
>>378021859

30 fps literally shows less information on tje screen at any given time in comparison to the noticeably smoother 60 fps. The "feel" of 60 fps is literally that your actions happen in accordance with the frame rate, you retard. 5 fps feels worse than 20 fps,and so on, because your actions don't translate visually in a satisfying manner.

Emulation is also often worse than playing a game natively.

Stop posting reaction images to make your retarded thread reply seem like anything else but retarded.
>>
>>378024543
This,nothing wrong with emulation but don't pretend its better.
>>
Honestly, i could just buy the old consoles with everdrives, they're pretty cheap now. The problem is that it would make my living room look like a nerd cave. Consoles are excessive furniture and they pile up. When I can replace them with an icon on my desktop, you can be damn sure I will.
>>
>>378024601
Is it materialism if I attribute value to a thing but also realize at the end of the day that they're just toys, and that if all my toys were to go up in a fire nothing of real value would be lost? Loving something is okay as long as your grip on it isn't too tight.
>>
>>378024275
To be fair, emulation isn't perfect and some games can only be played on the orignal hardware becuase they don't break halfway through because of no optimization.

Also emulation is pretty hassle free when the games just werk. I don't have to worry about lost memory cards, cateidges or disc being damaged along with the controller to play with because i always got my keyboard. Granted, setting up an emulator to work properly might be a bit confusing at first but after it saves so much time and allows me to quickly replay any game without having to sesrch my house or stores for a physical copy
>>
>>378024543

I find emulation superior for many reasons, and benefits far outweigh negatives like input lag or graphical glitches in later gen emulators.
>>
>>378021264
I bought the Sega arcade on steam to play the classic Sonics and it has it has extreme slow downs in frames, like sub 30 on a 1070. I tried to be good but christ
>>
>>378018781
Countless teams of individuals spend their lives developing visual entertainment for the rest of humanity to enjoy. The way we show appreciation for and support these individuals is by purchasing the content they work so hard to produce.
Piracy is theft because you edgy good for nothings think you can just take something that someone else built with the justification being that "it's not actually being stolen, hurt durr nothing is being lost." Stealing is defined as taking something without permission or legal right. But, this is not something most of you fucks will ever understand because you live with your parents and are nothing more than a childish bottom feeding parasite who lacks the mental capacity to discern between what is right and what is wrong.
But by all means, keep pirating. A monkey doesn't know how to be anything other than a monkey after all. Cue their shit flinging because I can't be proven wrong.
>>
>>378020869
How would that support the devs you double retard? They don't get a cut when you buy from some faggot on ebay. God damn, you're stupid.
>>
>>378023584
>t. Unemployed loser
Get a job so a couple hundred bucks won't devestate your personal finances for the year you loser.
>>
>>378018781

> emufags are this delusional
>>
>>378018781
the second guys meal looks obviously worse
it's bigger, but obviously worse quality
>>
>>378025137

But they see that someone's still buying their products.
>>
>>378025097
>Please buy all games you play
>Nevermind the fact that their development team was disbanded years ago and that literally no one who worked on the game you bought will recieve a single dime
>>
>>378024824

>600$ 'doll'
I hope you don't mean shit with joints.
I know that feel, though, I just preordered for 1800$ worth of Prime1 shit.
I don't know what else to spend my money on though, I have everything I could ever want. A car, a house, a bed, a kitchen, a shower, all nice tier too, not some one-room apartment shit. So what else can I spend money on?

Why shouldn't I spend money on frivolous shit that I like collecting? Hell, I'd just sell it to other collectors if I need the money.
>>
>>378025209
Its unintentionally a great visual metaphor.
>>
>>378025097
>Blablabla I'm such a moralfag
That's all I can read from what you said.
>>
>>378025291
You could always blow thousands of dollars on expensive wine or whiskey and act snobby about it.
>>
Why is it always food?
>>
>>378025281
>what is intellectual property owned by a publisher
>what are bonuses for meeting milestones
You haven't refuted my point, piracy is theft. End of discussion.
>>
File: 406.jpg (35KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
406.jpg
35KB, 600x777px
because it's illegal you stupid fucking morons. stop ruining the industry
>>
File: 1487956046837.jpg (103KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
1487956046837.jpg
103KB, 720x547px
>>378025291
You could spend that hard earned money on a officers commission in his royal majesty's army and lead men to battle.
>>
>>378025465
Food analogies are easily digestible.
>>
>>378025097
But in this case devs and publishers are gaining no money whatsoever. No matter who you buy from. You are just giving money to a random stranger. If sony, ms and nintendo etc started up a market place with all those old games that you can buy again which will support devs or the publishers then come back

I aint giving my money to some random stranger
>>
>>378025154
>Spend a few hundred bucks to play literally one game
Anon, what the fuck?
>>
>>378024952

Yes. Since you are just lying to yourself. You claim to value things, and then claim you don't lose anything if you were to lose them.
>>
>>378025402
It's ok, some day you might develop the ability to make sense out of words and think critically of moral dilemmas but until then, keep flinging your shit, monkey.
>>
>>378018781
I just enjoy playing it on the original system and can't get the same feeling out of using a different controller (e.g. wireless controller or keyboard/mouse). I also have a shitload of great stuff that I can play native to PC like Waxworks, so it's not like I lack stuff to play with the original stuff on PC.
Why would I be upset that someone else can enjoy a copied version in a way that I cannot?
It's retarded to be mad about that. Someone else is experiencing a fun game in a way they want to and I'm supposed to be pissed off about that?
>>
>>378025525

An adult doesn't matter how much it costs to partake in their hobby. Maybe you're not an adult or else you'd understand this.
>>
>>378023926
Because he wants to make Krabby Patties.
Pirates dont want to make Patties, they want to play video games for free.
>>
>>378025550
>software piracy
>moral dilemma
Look at this muppet.
>>
>>378025471
>>what is intellectual property owned by a publisher
No the people who crafted the game.
>>what are bonuses for meeting milestones
Non-existant when the development team no longer exist and/or after a certain period has passed.

There is literally no difference between buying an old game and burning dollar bills.
>>
>>378025535
With your logic, valuing anything is materialism. You have to draw the line somewhere, you know. Novelties, hobbies, collections and pass-times are all fine in moderation without necessitating materialistic obsession.
>>
>>378025097
>T. Retard who probably buys old used games online; and is therefore a shit hypocrite
>>
>>378025524
There is nothing wrong with purchasing secondhand a game that has already been purchased, because the right of ownership is transferred via the exchange. However pretty much every console platform out now sells classic titles in some format or another, it's never been easier to find an older game on a newer platform
>>
>>378025291
Ball jointed doll from dearmine. I rally want something from cuartos next. I'm in the same boat. Close to fifty percent of my income is disposable. So I've got like 20k a year to blow. I'd actually really like to start designing ans start up a toy company.
>>
>>378025576
Wrong. You must be a child or just lucky and have a large surplus of money. There are adults who you know, look after family. Which costs money. Pay bills. Which cost money. Buy food to survive. Which, suprise costs money.

By being careful with your money in stuff like your hobbies, you can make your life easier elsewhere
>>
>>378025760
Buying older games is often questionable though. Does Ubisoft deserve my money for a HoM&M3 purchase just because it bought the IP for next to nothing and feasts on it like a vulture?
>>
File: IMG_1085.jpg (23KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.jpg
23KB, 640x357px
So many monkeys with keyboards posting but nobody can refute this fact. Should I come back to this thread in 1,000 years? Surely they can come up with something in that time frame? they can't
>>
>>378018781
>emulating games with """randomness""" like card games, games with critical hits, coin flips, etc.
>abuse the savestate ability to realize that there isn't actually any randomness at all, or if there is it happens way before the coin flip
>sometimes the actual coin flip happens when you first enter an area, and that reloading the area can give different results
>in card games you can change your opponents starting hand by changing your decklist, sometimes you can even change the AI decklist just so it can still defeat yours
You notice lots of little things like this.
>>
>>378024952

I mean, I'd still be devastated to lose my collection. Value is subjective anyway.

There's not even anything inherently wrong with Materialism. True non-materialism means getting rid of anything functionally unnecessary anyway and focusing on spiritual and mental shit. Might as well become a fucking monk if you care so much. It's brainlet shit.

If your problem is that you own too much shit, then you're working in extremes anyway.

Physical items have as much value as we ascribe to them. If I buyfag because the things I collect have subjective, even esoteric value to me and other collectors, then what's the problem exactly?
>>
>>378026126
Legally yes, but for a shit dev like Ubisoft I personally refrain from buying any of their products except from the bargain bin because even after plenty of updates they're usually only worth $20 tops
>>
>>378025760
Wrong again.

Many times i have looked to buy games on the psn store and they haven't been there. Some titles just weren't popular enough them to warrant re licensing the game if it was third party

The classic titles are pretty much always only the 100 most popular with a few added every year.
>>
>>378026137
in 1000 years most retro consoles would be gone, so yes, it would end all argument because you can't play them anywhere else.
>>
>>378025576
An adult recognises that if they throw around their money at everything that interests them they'll soon be without any money.
>>
File: 23-1.jpg (47KB, 319x478px) Image search: [Google]
23-1.jpg
47KB, 319x478px
>>378018781
>food analogy
>>
>>378026272

Not to mention artistic value, and appreciation of craftsmanship,when we get into the limited edition size shit.
>>
>>378026137
Nobody can refute this because it literally is illegal. You are saying absolutely nothing with this picture, so don't feel too smug about it.
What you can't refute however is that piracy in the context of emulation is a victimless crime for the vast majority of cases.
>>
I think you're all just poor as fuck.
>>
>>378025137
what is sarcasm?
>>
>>378026298
And I'd say that legal part is utter bullshit. Going back to HoM&M3, both the original devs and publisher are gone. Nobody who originally worked on the game is around anymore. By all means, it should be public domain now. But it isn't because IP laws are neither moral nor sensible.
>>
>>378025829

Oh shit, you meant actual dolls?
I guess statuefaggotry is related, considering how much craftsmanship these things take and have been appreciated for decades for the value we impose on them.
>>
Don't mind me just emulating this wallet
>>
>>378025741
>>378026272

Well, yes. Placing value on game boxes, cartridges is like thinking painting is better because it has nice looking frames. Shallow economic materialism. I really don't have problem from someone gaining pleasure (Even if I find extremely shallow), but you really shouldn't feign superiority over it. They are just boxes.
>>
>>378025760

I fucking hate buying secondhand. New in the box or scram.
>>
>>378026821

I'm not talking about game boxes exclusively, but materialism in general.
Whatever though.
>>
>Anti-pirate fags are so delusional that they say bsnes and nestopia just aren't the same as playing the original
>>
>>378026357
So how am I wrong? I said that it's never been easier to find a classic game on a modern console; I didn't say every single classic title is available for purchase currently on consoles.
>>
>>378018781
>food analogy
Truly causes you to ponder.
>>
>>378026773
Yeah, Priscilla here was worth every penny. I'm trying to make a garage kit for horihone Saizou's Hot House centipede girl and if anything, it's taught me that were underpaying for most statues and shit. Shit's not easy.
>>
I just wish Nintendo and others would make some sort of on-demand system where you order in a console and they roll out more from a factory. Once enough people put in an order they send them out in waves. Really I just dislike the concept of older products becoming unsupported when later products
>>
Is it even pirating if it's abandonware?

Honestly, I bet so many companies wouldn't care about this and fan games if the legal system made more sense here. If you don't protect an IP you can potentially lose it, makes no fucking sense at all.
>>
>>378026671
IP laws may not be sensible but you're getting your idea of "moral" mixed up with your emotions. It is still very much legal, you cannot argue against that.
>>
>>378027169
This thread just got super interesting.
>>
>>378027169
it's well crafted, but fuck that's creepy.
>>
>>378026848
My African American homosapien family member
>>
>>378021758
Underrated post. I know this board is mostly sheltered wealth fags the rest of us had to take what we can get.
>>
>>378026848
This. I've never bought a used game that wasn't scratched or worn as shit and nearly unplayable.
>>
>>378027270
>If you don't protect an IP you can potentially lose it
That only applies to trademarks, not rights.
>>
>>378027401
Stealing food is pitiable
Stealing video games is just pathetic.
>>
>>378021758
Too true,
In my house buying games was a rare occasion; and when we did they would be second hand
>>
>>378018781
Since when anyone on /v/ care about emulation being illegal or not? Especially for games that are difficult as fuck to obtain and are no longer supported.
>>
>>378020720
No emulation basically IS piracy
>>
>>378027401
>wealth fags
How is that insulting? I'm fucking rich.
>>
Emulation of hardware isn't and never could be illegal. It doesn't use copywritten code, it uses unique code to achieve the same goal.

Downloading ISOs or ROMs is illegal though. Although not morally wrong if you own the game. Making your own ISOs is totally fine.
>>
>>378021489
>never pays for games
>cries on /v/ about gaming being dead
>>
>>378026992

Would get too extensive to discuss on image board. But yeah, any kind of collecting is materialism. Whether you find materialism negative or positive depends,but most studies have found that materialism has negative effect on person's happiness.
>>
File: me in the center.png (51KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
me in the center.png
51KB, 400x345px
>>378024543
Truth right here

Personally, I just hate playing on my desk, not because it's uncomfortable but because I do other stuff like work or browsing the internet on it.
I prefer dedicated videogame stations where you canget all comfy and enjoy the buzzing of your CRT.

I guess more people who say emulation is superior are underage kids who grew up with a PC and never experienced anything like the old days.
Furthermore, they don't need to pretend that every game is perfectly emulatable without issues.
I spend more time on troubleshooting than playing the game.
Emulation is just like the real thing, but it will never be the real thing
>>
>>378028237
>any kind of collecting is materialism
Not really. Materialism is when you place your possessions as greater than all else. If I collect all the games in a series it doesn't mean I'm materialistic, just that I enjoy that series. Of course, I could be materialistic, but that isn't something inherent with that situation.
>>
File: 1421000807667.gif (2MB, 324x223px) Image search: [Google]
1421000807667.gif
2MB, 324x223px
>>378021182

>Also physical collection

All that stuff shitting up my house is a waste of space. Digital is KING.
>>
>>378027312
I understand why some people think that but I never really saw it myself. I think it's mostly just conditioning from movies.

I>>378027286
The positive reaction on /v/ when I post these always surprises me. And just for the record, these aren't specifically my doll, just ones off Google.
>>
>>378022296
Your argument makes no sense, if your loosely comparing performance I can emulate most Nintendo consoles up to the ds perfectly fine on my dusty old Mac book
>>
>>378028809
What's the scale of those things anyway?
>>
>>378021079

fucking this, the internet should be a free library of all that was. Depending on your beliefs, maybe not the hottest vidya out yet as well, but old media and other bygones should be frozen in time like tears in rain.

Although i wonder how the net of the future will look like. American providers at least, are so fucking desperate to suck additional shekels out of people via inventing and trying to cut up net neutrality. Who knows what other jewish tricks appears along the way?
>>
>>378026813
The FED already does that whenever they print money.

And it's legal, but counterfeiting isn't, despite being the exact same thing. "Money from nothing"
>>
File: body-girl-cat-DM8.jpg (33KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
body-girl-cat-DM8.jpg
33KB, 500x667px
>>378029008
That's Priscilla and she's 40cm. I think this picture is Diana, who is 60 cm. And an extra hundred dollars.
>>
>>378029291
Printing money isn't always about adding more cash to the economy. Banknotes are just paper, they need to be replaced often.
>>
>>378028513

I was talking about collectors, sorry if I weren't enough obvious. Obviously, a person who gets all the games in series isn't a collector. At least not in sense of this discussion.

And materialism does encompass more than just value of materialism. But I'm getting tired of these FUCKING CAPTCHAS so fuck this.
>>
>>378029414
I'm planning on making my own custom bjd's by 3d printing the body parts and just buying the ball joints online

Are the ball joints expensive, and do they hold their position well?
>>
>>378028424

I'm 30, had nes & snes, and still prefer emulation over real thing. I just don't wallow in nostalgia.
>>
>>378029795
The joints aren't too pricy, and position holding depends entirely on how they're strung and how they're designed. I'd really recommend owning one first to figure out how it all really works, or starting smaller at 1/12 scale with polycap or abs joints you can buy. What size it it? Honestly, just grabbing a tub of apoxie and going at it might be easier with how finnicky 3d printing can be.
>>
>>378030321
I'm thinking of just doing the regular bjd scale, but I will probably test with a small one as I've never tried it before. There's a decent 3d printer at my library, and it really sparked up my interest.
>>
File: 65ee567b639bafd35c5bee9a0ce911a9.jpg (131KB, 500x1312px) Image search: [Google]
65ee567b639bafd35c5bee9a0ce911a9.jpg
131KB, 500x1312px
>>378030760
Check out /toy/'s custom threads. Making toys is actually quite difficult and 3d printing doesn't help much. Bjds don't really have "joints" in the tradition sense, actually. It's pretty much all through strong tension.

I'd say buy a model kit like a frame arm girl first so you can get a sense of joints and engineering and how it's all built.
>>
>>378031002
Thanks for the direction famalam, I'll look into that more

Didn't realize bjd's had string in them
>>
>>378018781
Why are piratefags so obnoxious?
Nobody cares what you spend or don't spend money on.
>>
>>378031314
No problem. The nice thing about the bjd community is that we want more people to join.
>>
I emulate because Nintendo asking $5 for shit I played 20 years ago while also slowly drip-feeding it to me over the course of five years is horsecock.

I modded my Wii and never looked back. I only ever buy VC games when it's something I absolutely adore, like Link to the Past.

>For literally the last ten years the VC release schedule has always been "uhhhhhhhhh shitty game, shitty game, REALLY shitty game, Mario"
>We're seeing it all over again with the Switch farting out one Neo Geo game a week when at first they were doing 2-3

WHERE'S SHOCK TROOPERS 2 GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>378022278
He's saying that Nintendo pulls illegally uploaded roms off of the internet, which is true. But obviously Nintendo owns the rights so it's perfectly fine. Not really sure what his point is exactly. It's just a lazy move but it works.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.