[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about games being changed majorly through updates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: f15survey-720x404.jpg (68KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
f15survey-720x404.jpg
68KB, 720x404px
It seems like the next big thing in gaming is going back to fix mistakes through huge updates/patches to games.

Mafia 3 got an update to add clothing options and UI overhauls after complaints, DOOM got a ton of new multiplayer options in an update after the multiplayer was criticized as being tacked on, Outlast 2 had entire enemy encounters changed in an update after complaints about difficulty, and the most notable case is Final Fantasy 15, which is steadily going back and adding more content in updates for free to address criticisms of the story, adding whole new sections to the game.

Do you think this is a good way of addressing issues after a game launches? Do you feel that the knowledge that they can fix issues after the game is released encourages developers to rush games out then fix them later?
>>
Early access huh
>>
Buy the GotY 2 years after release, is what I do.
>>
>>378016892
On one hand, I like the fact that they're going back and fixing things via updates and patches. But on the other hand it seems like nothing ships complete anymore. I generally want DLC and updates to add on to the complete game not to fix glaring issues that the game shouldn't have shipped with.
>>
>>378017308

My thoughts exactly. I think the huge updates are really cool and it's good to see mistakes being fixed, but the whole process makes me wary of buying games within a few months that they're released given that they might be fixed later on
>>
>>378017705
Take KH 2.8 for example. People thought that Aqua had a bit of lag with her commands and the button input and they patched it. That I have no issue with. The fact that there's a lot of stuff that they could add into the story for FFXV is what I do have issue with.

You can't tell me that they didn't see how bad the pacing was in Chapters 9-14.
>>
>>378018141

Yeah I have no idea how anybody thought those would be a good idea. The game goes from open world to completely linear with tedious bullshit like injured Ignis and the entirety of Chapter 13.
>>
>>378016892
My only real issue with it is digital distribution lacking the option to download old versions. If you buy digital you're automatically downloading the latest version of the game, and even with physical your options are still completely unpatched or latest patch.
>>
>>378018393
I generally liked FFXV but I didn't like the choices they made, y'know? Shit like the Chapter 13 update was just halfassed. And the changes to the Timed Quests was just stupid.

I want to be hopeful that this time next year that the game will somewhat passable. But who knows at this point.
>>
>>378018702

I liked it overall, but without a doubt the last third of the game was one of the worst slogs I've ever played through in a game. I haven't had the chance to play through to the new chapter 13 content, but I've heard it's mediocre.
>>
I finished it when it came out. It was a piece of shit and any interest I had died immediately.
I'm certainly not going to stick around for literal years until they rework it into something remotely decent and I am utterly baffled some morons actually do. How is it even physically possible to stay interested that long? It's so confounding.

I hate this age where even single-player games are fucking platforms. It's sickening.
>>
>>378019069
It doesn't naturally flow into Chapter 13 regularly, but you play as Gladio. But it's also very obviously an ad for Episode Gladio.
>>
>>378019069
>but without a doubt the last third of the game was one of the worst slogs I've ever played through in a game.
It really is. I wouldn't have mind if they had added extra chapters to fix the pacing. Hell if they had to have delayed the game another year and a half to get their ducks in a row, I wouldn't have minded either.
>>
>>378019271

The worst aspect is that there is no time to breathe. You go immediately from the boss fight with the Leviathan to a infuriatingly long train ride and section with Ignis to another train ride to a sequence where you're bombarded with dialogue to a section with no weapons to a car sequence to an hour of walking around. It's ridiculous.

I don't know why there was such a sudden shift from open world to complete linearity.
>>
>>378019786
>>I don't know why there was such a sudden shift from open world to complete linearity.
They ran out of time. Weird I know considering how they had about 3 years to make it work after the reboot.
>>
>>378019960

Huh. That's really strange. I don't know why they would rush it out the door if they had already been working on it for years. Hopefully we'll get some tell -all details about the development once all the dust settles with the dlc and updates.
>>
>>378020439
That's what I want. A very detailed post-mortem. Now I think it's best that this thread dies before it gets out of hand, if you know what I mean.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.