[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post the last mediocre game that /v/ memed you into playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: 1396108606-alien-isolation.jpg (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1396108606-alien-isolation.jpg
48KB, 480x270px
Post the last mediocre game that /v/ memed you into playing
>>
File: d44m.jpg (170KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
d44m.jpg
170KB, 800x800px
way below mediocre though
>>
>>378014918
Good post. Glad I pirated that piece of shit.
>>
dark souls 3
>>
>>378015410
cancer meme
>>
>>378014230

I played for like 15 minutes until I encountered people and couldn't figure out how to avoid them and open some door. I'm trash at fps stealth games.
>>
>>378014918
THEN WHY DID YOU POST IT YOU FUCKING RETARD

OP CLEARLY STATED IT WAS FOR MEDIOCRE GAMES
>>
Not /v/ but my brother hyped up that fps Strafe. He was suckered by the trailer, it's an incredibly bland and shallow fps roguelite. Three main weapons and 0 meta progression. I got Ziggurat a week or two ago for comparison and that has tons.of content. No idea why they thought a twenty dollar price point was acceptable for that.
>>
The problem is that the game is too repetitive. When the Alien isn't there, it isn't very interesting. If it was either shorter, or more varied with stuff people who like Alien haven't seen before, I'd be more interested in continuing.
>>
>>378014230
what a shitty game
>>
File: nier.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
nier.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
Nier: Automata

Platinum never again.
>>
Devil May Cry. the whole series.
Ironically, it's only the reboot that rises slightly above mediocre.
>>
>>378015838
But when the alien is there it becomes "hide in a locker" the game, and none of your weapons or craft able items are worth a damned. Seriously, you're better off crouching and playing like it's a walking simulator 100% of the time.
>>
>>378014230
the game is packed with amazing features
but it is sadly padded
and there is no combat at all
>>
File: cool skeleton.gif (2MB, 540x306px) Image search: [Google]
cool skeleton.gif
2MB, 540x306px
>>378016051
>expecting combat at least on par with MGR
>get something much worse with horrific difficulty balancing

Shit's annoying, I still need to beat it.

Also Dragon's Dogma, my god is that game's combat wildly overrated.
>>
>>378014230
How fucking long is this piece of shit? That radio nigger is sitting with facehugger, am I close to the end?
>>
squad
system shock 2
bayonetta
metal gear solid series
shin megami tensei and persona
paper please
hearts of iron
final fantasy
metroid
witcher series
splatoon
>>
Your favourite game.
>>
>>378018301
Extremely close at that point
>>
File: 124.jpg (145KB, 841x484px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
145KB, 841x484px
>>
Is this the thread where we come to get attention ?
>>
>>378014230
that is such a good poster
>>
>>378015621
Just trying to play on the nostalgia of 90s babbies
>>
Bayonetta
>>
>>378014230
RE7 is much better. A proper first person horror game.
>>
LISA
>>
Witcher 3. It's not bad but I fail to see how /v/ can shit on skyrim but praise TW3 when every new iteration of the game takes it closer to being skyrim.
>>
>>378018362
>system shock 2

I get the others but why this?
>>
>>378014918
/thread

literally qte the game
>>
Unironically the souls series.
>>
>>378014918
>tfw when i've had way mor fun with this on nightmare difficulty than any other shooters in recent years
what's so bad about it?
what
>>
>that feel when you have never been "memed" into buying a game by /v/ ever since you've been here
>>
>>378014230
>love the concept of this game
>love the setting and atmosphere
>Get frustrated after being found when the doctor tells you to get a key and uninstall
This is like the third time I've done this. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
File: Niertomato.jpg (256KB, 1276x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Niertomato.jpg
256KB, 1276x1032px
>>378016051
This
>>
>>378020702
6/10

Got me to reply.
>>
Stalker
it was so long ago, haven't listened to /v/ since
>>
The only two games that were generally praised around this site that I found to be almost irredeemably bad were Alan's Wake and Max Payne 3.
In general I have absolutely no idea how anyone can praise Remedy's design approach these days - Remedy's designed approach combined with the vapid Rockstar overproduction seems like a truly deadly combination.
I haven't paid for either of them, so I'm not really mad. I just can't understand how those games can be so often praised when games like TLOU get shat on. It's weirdly hypocritical. Though as time goes on on this site, /v/ shitting on something is becoming increasingly irrelevant, I guess.

Dragons Dogma is also a game I've noticed to be a bit overrated and praised for all the wrong reasons, but Dragon Dogma is at least creative, and I can kinda understand why people dig it.

Alan's Wake and Max Payne 3 are just bad and there is nothing to excuse that terrible, terrible design.
>>
File: jgUT87vgRJMCrMAMi7Jxi8-650-80.jpg (34KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
jgUT87vgRJMCrMAMi7Jxi8-650-80.jpg
34KB, 650x365px
I tried so hard to like it, I really really did
>>
>>378026396
dated as fuck
>>
>>378028201
I liked it for the comfy questing and dialogue but holy fuck was every single piece of gameplay shit.
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles
>>
>>378027383
It's okay babe, Medical is where most people quit. It's the game's casual filter.
>>
>>378018301
Probably another 2 hours. Depends on difficulty setting.
>>
>>378029545
This. You need to learn how the alien works and what it's ai can do and it becomes a lot easier, but at that point it's just spending 2 hours in lockers afraid to move at all.
>>
File: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (33KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg
33KB, 250x355px
To be fair, I always wanted to try it, ever since I saw the first screenshots in a game magazine, but /v/ is to blame for the extremely high expectations I had going in.
>>
File: Fallout-New-Vegas-Box-Cover-Art.jpg (61KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-New-Vegas-Box-Cover-Art.jpg
61KB, 500x618px
>>378014230
Honestly, why did Bethesda ever fund this shit? I'm glad Obsidian is barely surviving.
>>
Both Automata and Prey were dull as fuck
>>
File: empire swordsmen.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
empire swordsmen.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>378014230
did you know the people who made alien isolation also make the total war games?
>>
>>378030406
did you know most people who post here also put some work into not being boring?
>>
>>378030317
agreed, I'm amazed at how bare bones prey is. Went from an open world cyberpunk game... to that.
>>
>>378030406
They don't. It was a completely separate team and almost all of them got fired after Isolation's release.
>>
>>378030472
>agreed, I'm amazed at how bare bones prey is. Went from an open world cyberpunk game... to that.
You people are mentally. I don't mind that people don't like Prey, but what annoys me is when people lie, or are delusional about their reasons to hate it.
>>
>>378030285
>why did Bethesda ever fund this shit
It was extremely commercially successful for minimal investment on their part.
>>
>>378028939
>comfy questing and dialogue
Even that was extremely mediocre. Only someone who's entire experience of western vidya was shitty AAAs would think that was anything other than garbage.
>>
>>378014230
You play A:I for the top notch aesthetics. No one ever said it was good. If being able to walk around in a Ridley Scott set isn't appealing to you of course you aren't going to like it.
>>
Witcher 3. Fucking boring. It's the Lord of the rings of games
>>
>>378028680
I lierally played through this for the first time last week after failing to get into it multible times throughout the years. Even tried using graphic mods and shit.
Now played vanilla.
Not dated at all.
It feels great to no be younger than 17.
>>
>>378031873
>It's the Lord of the rings of games
You talk about the books, or the movies?
Because if you are talking about the books, then that is actually some really high praise. I like TW3 and even I would hold in such high esteem.
>>
>>378030406
did you know the peple who made alien saw routine and redid the art because they didn't want to get outdone by a game made by 3 people?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.