[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gwent: Open Beta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: playgwent.com_en_1486380641.jpg (200KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
playgwent.com_en_1486380641.jpg
200KB, 640x360px
Anyone playing this? How are you finding it?

Played a bunch of closed before they nerfed the fun squirrels decks to shit. They've changed so many cards and mechanics since closed that I honestly feel a bit lost. Doesn't really matter though as there are so many noobs playing atm

Anyone get anything good from their kegs? Opened 29 and only got two golds which were both saskia
>>
File: 1495686918476s.jpg (6KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
1495686918476s.jpg
6KB, 250x207px
Sorry forgot I need to put a racebait image for replies on /pol/ - Video Games Edition
>>
File: What.png (259KB, 848x474px) Image search: [Google]
What.png
259KB, 848x474px
>>378013664
>Card game
>Open Beta
>>
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2017/05/cd-projekt-group-results-in-1q-2017-1.pdf

>It has generated sales to the tune of $26.5 million (99 million PLN), compared to $23 million (86.9 million PLN) in Q1 2016.

>Their net profit has grown to $12 million (45 million PLN) compared with $8.7 million (32.5 million PLN) generated in Q1 2016. This has exceeded the expectations, which predicted a net income of around $7.9 million (29.5 million PLN).

>The lion share of the income was generated by strong sales of The Witcher 3 and its expansions.

>CD Projekt predicts the sale of TW3 to be strong throughout this year. It will be supported with seasonal sales.

>Gwent will be promoted with marketing campaigns in the US, Germany, France, UK, Russia, Poland, Brazil, South America and Australia. CDPR plans to start a closed beta of the game in China later this year.

>In Q1 2017 CDPR has spent $4.2 million (16 million PLN) on the development of Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077. The total R&D costs have reached over $21 million (79 million PLN)

>Finally, the marketing campaign for the Cyberpunk 2077 has already been planned, and it will relay on a surprise factor:
>"The promotional campaign (for Cyberpunk 2077) is already planned. It's main element is the surprise, so I cannot even say when it will begin. Simply because it has to come as a surprise." - Marcin Kicinski, CEO.
>>
>>378014448
>Tfw hearthstone beta
>Tfw the same cards for 2 years straight
>>
>play shadowverse
>dozens of free packs
>play gwent
>1 free pack

and that's when I uninstalled gwent
>>
Do I get anything for beta testing their game?
>>
>>378013664
this is the worst card game I've ever played.
>>
File: gwentob-001.jpg (186KB, 700x510px) Image search: [Google]
gwentob-001.jpg
186KB, 700x510px
>>378014976
>>
>>378014628
>In Q1 2017 CDPR has spent $4.2 million (16 million PLN) on the development of Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077.
Seems like a very low amount for 4 months and for 2 games but okay.

>"The promotional campaign (for Cyberpunk 2077) is already planned. It's main element is the surprise, so I cannot even say when it will begin. Simply because it has to come as a surprise." - Marcin Kicinski, CEO.

Here's to hoping for E3.
>>
>>378013664
It's still fun and honestly better than ever.

Removing faction abilities means more balance, mulligan after each round means less RNG.

Weather is a much better concept now without being an auto-win with last play.

The game had a bunch of issues in closed and they fixed a majority of them. The only issue now is winning/losing the initial coinflip. They still haven't come up with a fix for that.

Also, wish I'd looked at my collection before opening kegs, the 'owned', 'not-owned' thing was broken and said I didn't own Phillipa when she's a starter card so I wasted a legendary pull on her, oh well.
>>
File: gwent.png (344KB, 783x268px) Image search: [Google]
gwent.png
344KB, 783x268px
I'm on it.
>>
>>378013664
> They've changed so many cards and mechanics since closed that I honestly feel a bit lost
Fucking this. Also what's with the rarity changes? They really jewed the system up since the closed beta, with every gold being a legendary.

Another retarded thing is how in the pick part of your keg you can get 1 of the 3 cards in animated form, but why? Why only one of them? So you are forced to pick between the one you want and the most profitable one? Wouldn't it make more sense for all 3 to be animated if you if you hit that RNG?

Also they did a great job streaming lining the ability keywords but honestly it's not enough, some cards still reach yugioh level textwalls for no actual reason.

>>378014929
I got 30 something kegs when I got into the beta.
>>
>>378015515
>Weather is a much better concept now without being an auto-win with last play.
The fucking legendary weather cards are actual bullshit and pretty much auto win you the third round if you can't clear them (even if you can you can take up to 9 damage before you do clear them)
>Also, wish I'd looked at my collection before opening kegs, the 'owned', 'not-owned' thing was broken and said I didn't own Phillipa when she's a starter card so I wasted a legendary pull on her, oh well.
It views animated and non-animated cards as separate pools, so if you had a Phillipa and got an animated Phillipa it would not count them as the same.
>>
File: GWENT.jpg (597KB, 960x3240px) Image search: [Google]
GWENT.jpg
597KB, 960x3240px
>>378016252
Gonna dive into the tutorial now, guessing it goes over some of the new mechanics and trickier cards in more detail. You get a fuckton of rewards for doing it by the looks of it so I'd recommend it
>>
>>378016438
The gold weathers are great, but they do take a gold slot and are completely cleared by clear skies. The maximum they can do if you have CS is 9 strength assuming all lanes have a target.

It really comes down to who is running CS. I saw these cards and put two in every deck, because you are right, gold weathers will fuck you if you ignore them.

I'd say half the time I play drought it hits 2 targets for 6 total then gets immediately cleared. It's most effective against completely brand new players, as people play they'll adapt accordingly.
>>
>>378015175
how do i get my real money?
>>
>>378019023
they send a small polish boy to your house
>>
>>378019207
Oh shit you talking about me?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.