[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Desert Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hey /v/

I just wanted to know if it was worth it to get into this game mostly to play solo. I don't wanna grind or anything, I just want to lvl my character through the game and quit it when i'm done.
I ask that because I heard the combat system and the character creation were dope.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
For $6 it's worth getting for the two reasons you mentioned. The non-combat stuff is pretty neat, but once you hit 50 it gets grindy as hell.
>>
Kys

It korean pig grind mmorpg it trash !!
>>
Played for 3000 hours here

>I don't wanna grind or anything

Don't even bother, the entire game is a grind. BDO doesn't have dungeons or anything all the combat is based around grinding mobs. Quests don't give combat XP they just give other rewards.

The game is also a huge p2w whale piece of shit game the only reason people still play is they have massive time investment and can't let it go.

If you really want to play just have fun exploring the world and do comfy lifeskills and casually level up. If you are looking for fun and engaging Dungeon/Raid and PvP content don't bother you won't find it here.
>>
>>378011803
Allright thanks

>>378011928
Yeah I just wanna do a comfy playthrough, just one hour sometime in the day
3000 hours is a lot though, a shame the game is grindy. You don't want to try FF XIV for exemple ?
>>
>>378011430
Even Guild Wars 2 and SWTOR are better than this. Dont bother
>>
>>378012174

played xiv also for 1000+ hours

combat too slow, comfy but ultimately boring game where you run out of things you want to do a week after every new patch.. It's good if you are a super casual player and don't have a lot of free time
>>
Game installs spyware onto your PC
you'd have to be a dumb nigger to install it
>>
>>378011430
Just bought it last night

Intro cinematic video had shadows pop in a fucking video. At least I'm sure it was a cinematic since it had compression everywhere at 1440p. The intro story is just an ancient evil attacks but then time went by and everyone forgot. The first quests you get are walk 30 feet then kill x amount of animals.

I mean for 6 dollars it seems alright but I'm prob going to get a refund. Alot of people are yelling p2w but I'm not seeing things that give you an actual advantage just pay to grind faster. Like how wow has a lvl 1 to max level. You get experience bonuses like 10% but experience gain isn't an advantage when it comes down to comparing same level players.
>>
>>378011430
The concept of being a travelling trader they had with this game is cool.

The combat might be OK, if the game didn't run like sludge.

Problem is OP, the whole engine is a mess. This is classic Korean grinder garbage, the game looks great in screenshots, but the pop-in alone is so unbearable that I am genuinely surprised it has an audience at all.
>>
>>378011430
as long as you know what you're getting into. I didn't want to grind either and I stayed at lvl 20 while just exploring the world and taking screenshots.

If you want to level your character, well that's grinding too because you'll be farming mobs for hours, then move to the next zone to farm harder mobs etc. And leveling is infinite so it will always be on your to-do-list until you've had enough.
>>
>>378012594

I'm not gonna bother explaining why "paying to progress faster" is a huge issue in BDO you figure it out from playing but lets just say there is no level cap and how strong you get is based around how fast and consistently you can make the most silver and xp possible every day. You have no idea how much money the top players spend on "convenience" upgrades and items to stay ahead.

Also artisan memories are extremely pay2win as they allow you to "flip" enchanted items for profit much easier and save massive amounts of money.
>>
>>378013317
>mfw everybody who told me the game isn't P2W already spend stupid amounts of $ on their ingame cash shop.

Game is ok for a single playthrough but the actualy end game is locked behind a massive pay wall.

You literally HAVE to pay for pets if you wanna play this game seriously.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.