[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What genre or engine would you use to convey your political ideology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 1489942026449.jpg (100KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1489942026449.jpg
100KB, 500x334px
I have so many ideas that would probably never get heard if I tried to get them out through typical Jew media.
I'm already a programmer (for a living) so I can easily handle building a game using an existing engine and free assets.

What I'm not quite clear on yet is what the best method would be to get a story that contains multiple political ideas out there.

I have played (and loved) obvious political games like Tactics Ogre, Morrowind, and Deus Ex, there are so many possible settings to get these ideas across but I don't know what the best one is. What do you guise think?
>>
post more best girl
>>
File: best girl.gif (430KB, 427x235px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.gif
430KB, 427x235px
I'd like a game that shills the idea of foot fetishism
>>
>>378005732
degenerate fucking footfaggots need to die
post more best girl without the gay shit
>>
File: 1494256398828.jpg (740KB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1494256398828.jpg
740KB, 2480x3507px
Probably some kind of RPG. I think it might be good to make a game that plays like old-school JRPGs and takes place in a fictional world, perhaps a D&D-esque world, but draws parallels with political situations from our world. For example, the party could keep hearing the same story from NPCs and newspapers but then actually journey out into the world and find out that everyone has been completely wrong.
>>
why do girls go barefoot at conventions?
>>
>>378006121
This is exactly the route that appeals to me the most. I love how much the old FFs and other Squenix games could convey using some crappy 16-bit engine.
I want as many people as possible to be able to play what I make so the lower tech it is the better. If people running pre-millenial hardware can run it just fine that would be a win.

I guess now I just find a decent open source engine and put the game together. I imagine it will be mostly scripting.
>>
>>378006478
Because when you have no tits, no ass, you gotta show something.
>>
A multiplayer game where you get to kill the people who dont believe in what you believe in and build big cities and stuff
>>
>>378006478
It's kind of necessary if you're cosplaying as the Maiden in Black
>>
Strategy game, your army advances whatever meme political philosophy you're trying to shill in the face of a comically evil, inaccurate satire of the status quo
>>
>>378007906
But I want people to play it, and strategy games have never been massively popular or easy to pick up like JRPGs/Zelda clones

I'm already looking at Solarus now, it has an Android version which is important as I want to at least try and get it on the Play Store even though it may get taken down pretty quickly once people discover what I'm saying in it.
>>
File: 1446969723377.gif (1MB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1446969723377.gif
1MB, 207x207px
>>378005547

Oh yay, more politics in video games
>>
>>378005547
Roguelike or 4X.
>>
>>378005547
Game where you play as a Muslim spreading Islam by any means possible
>>
>>378008908
>It plays like Postal 2
>>
>>378008417
If you're talking about all the recent sjw shit then that isn't really politics in video games, that's more using games for political point scoring/virtue signalling.

Where is the equivalent of Nietzsche? Heidegger? Socrates? Plato? We have a huge job ahead of us, unless you faggots want to stay at babby level for a few more gens.
>>
>>378009591
You aren't going to outdo thousands of years of political philosophy in a game.

Just fucking read if you want politics.
>>
File: 1426869987611.jpg (132KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1426869987611.jpg
132KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>378005547
>What engine would you...
not unity
>>
>>378009591

>politics
>lists philosophers
>>
>>378005547
>LE JEWS CONTROL EVERYTHING XD
I recommend growing up before attempting political commentary
>>
>>378010116
>what is political philosophy

Philosophers have had a huge impact on political ideas
>>
>>378010386
Of course, but out of those you listed only Plato is essential reading for a politics student.

Nietzsche and Heidegger are the bedrock for venturing into continental philosophy.
>>
>>378010810
I wasn't that guy, and i agree he didn't list good examples
>>
>>378005547
i'd use the source engine because it already has perfect control
oh right this was about politics
uhhh
i'd still use the source engine
>>
File: 1384688647435.jpg (70KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1384688647435.jpg
70KB, 330x319px
>>378005547
>political games like Tactics Ogre, Morrowind, and Deus Ex

Wow, i'm sure you have real interesting political ideas.

I bet it's all meme tier stuff you siphoned from this site. Maybe work on that, before trying to create a game with them.
>>
>>378009778
Videogames, as a narrative medium, also have potential in communicating ideas. Not as effective as books most likely, but I'd say they're better suited than movies or TV shows. We usually underestimate the huge potential of "interaction" as a narrative tool. Probably because it's rarely used meaningfully by game developers.

Just because we have thousands of years of books, doesn't mean we should just stick with those and not experiment ourselves with new ways to communicate ideas, even if perhaps they're not optimal.
>>
>>378011265
I'm not really questioning the medium. I'm questioning the fact that someone on 4chan thinks they actually have political ideas on par with the most influential philosophers of all time.
>>
>>378005547
Make an Uncharted/TLoU clone. You only need a facial capture program and a good mic.
>>
>>378011495
Fair enough. I also disagree with that anon that we should have our own Plato, etc. It's completely unfair to have to be on par with them to be relevant. When writers have an interesting idea they want to share, they don't really have to be extremely influential to be meaningful.
As a game developer, I just wish to express myself with political and philosophical ideas I think are interesting and worthy of debate (even those I disagree with), and trust the player to come with its own interpretations of it.
>>
>>378010189
Okay, but they do. I hope you're not one of these retards who thinks people use the term Jew absolutely literally. There are many Jews who are not Jews, and I'm not even talking about the synagogue of Satan or khazars or whatever else. There are people who completely bought into Zionist ideology but couldn't be further from the typical Jew stereotype of a rabbi with a hooknose.
>>
>>378005547
I've never seen a video game trying to push an agenda that wasn't a strawman. Videogames are not real life, and when they try to be they're fucking boring.
>>
File: smugrock.jpg (50KB, 600x933px) Image search: [Google]
smugrock.jpg
50KB, 600x933px
>>378011265
Video games will never have the depth and ability of a book to convey ideas for a myriad of factors:

things like budget, how long it would have to be, how much exposition there would have to be, the fact that gaming is now a billion dollar industry and huge profits are expected.

The best they can do is a very surface level examination of ideas that leave the player with a sense of satisfaction that they understand concepts that require lengthy reading of lots of books and articles.

This inflated sense of knowledge has lead to the idiots you see on twitter thinking they know about politics because they played Bioshock: Infinite or have an understanding of the cold war because they played MGS3.
>>
>>378011226
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8kZ3HfeqtA

Redpilled
>>
>>378014720
You do realise that Deus Ex is cribbing almost everything from the cyberpunk writers of the 80s right?

It was definitely unusual for games to approach subject matter like that when Deus Ex came out, but those ideas had been done to death in books and arguably film for years.

Check out Neuromancer by William Gibson (if you haven't already) and Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.
>>
>>378015112
You can't fight ideas with shitposting. What even is the point of your post?
>>
>>378011226
Name literally anything better then, you edgy little fuck
>>
>>378015918
>wahhh someone disagrees with me so they're edgy

You're the one who's getting hostile and call someone else edgy
>>
>>378005547
At the end of the day I think politics comes out best in MMOs, so long as there's a lot of player freedom in the underlying game system and few choices with benefits, only different sorts of disadvantages.
>>
>>378005547
Use a blog fag
>>
>>378013820
>Video games will never have the depth and ability of a book to convey ideas
Like I said, just because books are better at this, doesn't mean we shouldn't experiment with it. Particularly when it comes to using interaction and agency for narrative purposes and thematic development.

>things like budget
You seem to only consider big budget games, while indie games (despite how shitty most of them are) are still free of many of the shackles that limit triple A games a lot of the times and can afford to take more risks with non-traditional methods of narrative.

>The best they can do is a very surface level examination of ideas
I don't see why, but even then, like I said, you don't need super influential and super deep and complex ideas in order to be meaningful. Games like Sons of Liberty, Nier or Xenogears don't go super deep about their themes, but still offer enough to communicate interesting ideas, and leave the rest to the player, if he's willing to further elaborate those ideas.

>This inflated sense of knowledge
This is true, yeah. This is nowhere near limited to videogames but unfortunately, we all like to think (either consciously or subconsciously) we're very wise and know more that most. We can't help the need our fucking brain has of feeling powerful and important. It's better than the insecurity of realizing we really don't know anything and all we can do is have an aproximation of real knowledge.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.