[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>choosing anything other than independent Vegas.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 93

File: Yes_Man.jpg (240KB, 830x596px) Image search: [Google]
Yes_Man.jpg
240KB, 830x596px
>choosing anything other than independent Vegas.
>>
If you're a boring fag you could choose the NCR, if you're an "euphoric" retard it is entirely possible that House projects may be your thing, however I never understood those who choose the legion since this is just a mob of angry primitivists with fascist tendencies, I mean all the other factions are flawed but at least they have a core belief that make sence (House wan't to leave the earth, the NCR is your good old fashioned everyday kinda boring but somewhat not so bad democracy thing and yes man ending is the ultimate selfish shit but it make sence in a purely individualistic way) seriously if there is a legion lover out there I realy want to know why.
>>
>faction options are painfully generic, predictable, and annoying so you pick the most edgy, brutal, and douchebag faction out of spite
Is it secretly good game design because they know if the other factions were well made only edgelords would play the evil faction?
>>
NCR does have the best ending as everyone, but goodsprings benefit.
>>
>>377997223
>NCR ending the best
>ending where you literally get cucked is the best
>>
>>377997329
how do I get ""cucked"""?
>>
>NCR
Corrupt government trying to emulate pre-war values without realising that those values caused this situation

>Legion
Although Caesar has good leadership and ideas, his followers don't follow his train of thought. Will devolve into savages as soon as Caesar is dead

>House
Very smart but very egotistical at the same time. May have the best interest for his strip and himself, but little for the greater wasteland

>Yes Man
Only as good as the player is.
>>
>>377996265
>Independent: DUDE ANARCHY LMAO
>Legion: DUDE FASCISM AND SLAVERY LMAO
>NCR: DUDE CORRUPT DEMOCRACY LMAO
>House: The only way for New Vegas to prosper economically while keeping the NCR at bay, along with the fact that he would keep any raiders from causing trouble in the Mojave
>>
>>377997423
everything becomes more chaotic in independence ending.
>>
File: 30677-mari_3.png (383KB, 816x458px) Image search: [Google]
30677-mari_3.png
383KB, 816x458px
>>377996265
>tfw 10 int

You can be like Mr. House but better!
>>
>>377997396
Cass cucks you for a random NCR soldier
>>
>>377996926
Independent Vegas is only selfish if you decide to play it that way. I'd argue House is the most selfish option.
>>
>>377997504
>House: DUDE I'M A BETA AND NEED A REAL MAN TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO LMAO
>>
>>377997535
Never actually completed the independent ending.

From what I have gathered from it though, it just seems like it leaves life the way it is the wastelands though. Anarchy, yes, but a way of life that remains unchanged.
>>
>>377997573
>HAHAHA I'M THE NUMBER ONE FUCK MASTERS FUCK GOD LMAO hey how does this shit work anyways ah shit there's chaos everywhere
unless if your courier has 10 INT the Mojave will become a gigantic shitter
>>
>>377997504
House is an egotistical technocratic fuck who can't let go of anything to the point of overstaying his welcome in the world and collecting stupid snow globes. He would let the other 99% of the Earth sink into a black hole if it meant his little Vegas strip and its few dozen denizens remained to stroke his ego and let him continue pretending it's the glory days.
>>
>>377997565
>not selling cass to the van graffs

there's your problem
>>
>>377997739
>not letting in the 4th customer getting inside the Silver Rush in the first Van Graff mission
that's where you fucked up
>>
>>377997535
If you do all the side quests the Mojave Wasteland as a whole is more balanced at the end. It's still a shitty place to live because it's the Mojave Wasteland, but slightly less so.
They main part to the Independent Vegas ending is that you break it out of the repeating history loop for a chance at something better or worse.
>>
>>377997810
not really. Freeside ends up shittier if you don't choose NCR ending
>>
>>377997693
>not having 10 int
t. brainlet
>>
>>377997693
Why does everyone think that ending means that the Courier is going to become God King of the Mojave? It's "no gods, no masters" not "I'm the master". The Mojave communities go back to taking care of themselves just like they did before the NCR and Legion showed up. Except now there's an army of robots to keep Raiders and Deathclaws off the roads.
>>
>>377996265

yes man is the type of asspull that i don t like in games. That said i'd still pick house, my courier was not a 10 int absolute genius and even if he was he lacks the pre-war knowledge, experience and the immortality that house has.

Even if he could get cryo'd he'd rather not.

NCR and Legion are both trash
>>
File: 1397233523125.jpg (95KB, 768x666px) Image search: [Google]
1397233523125.jpg
95KB, 768x666px
>choosing anything other than prosperous Vegas
>>
>>377997870
It's a small price to pay.
>>
>>377997714
House has been alive since the Great War and even calculated when it would happen, in which afterwards he made the right preperations to protect Vegas from the incoming warheads. Because of his long lifespan and great mind, he knows more than anybody else in the Mojave and perhaps the entire America on how he would bring humanity to its former glory and then colonising space.
>>
>>377998205
how do you know Mr. House isn't going to murder you once your usefulness runs out?
>>
>>377998275
Because a smart businessman doesn't get rid of his best assets
>>
I sided with NCR just because it seems like the most honest choice. It's a system that everyone is aware is corrupt and leaking, but the angle of the game is that with the Courier around to patch the leaks, the NCR might shape up from the inside out and their nature as a republic could end up being the best benefit for the greater populace. Imo, the future of the Mojave is safest with NCR since the Legion are almost comically evil while House is senile, selfish and doesn't care for anything other than his strip. You could make a case for Independent Vegas but it's essentially leaving the Mojave as you found it, albeit with safer trade routes.
>>
>>377998275

there's always a use for a loyal terminator
>>
>>377998275
Why would he murder his most loyal subject? When the Courier got into the bunker with the stored Securitrons he could've just destroyed them like Caesar wanted but instead he chose to do House's bidding. House understands gratitude when he sees it, he even rewarded the people of Goodsprings because they helped the Courier.
>>
>>377998362
I doubt even the Courier would be able to fix the entire NCR. A task of that magnitude would need its own game.
As for Independent Vegas, I'd say making it independent with its own army to fend off factions like the NCR from trying to interfere with their own ideals is a pretty big deal.
>>
>>377998745
he does influence the NCR actions like having them help out the followers and ending the feud with BOS.
>>
>>377999112
Yeah, but the NCR is a lot bigger than New Vegas. He might be able to do it if he dedicated his life after the events of the game to it, but I view The Courier's adventure as being done once the game ends. Like the other Fallout protagonists where they retire afterwards.
>>
The best way to help the NCR is to take either Independant or House. By doing the NCR ending you're putting both New Vegas and NCR on the road to disaster. At face value, yeah, the dam is cool. But literally the only reason they get it is because an unstoppable war machine took it solo and handed it over. The NCR will only get weaker after this because they'll continue their campaign of nonstop expansionism resulting in inevitable collapse

If you want to help the NCR they HAVE to lose the dam (not counting helping the Legion assrape everything for obvious reasons). This causes turmoil in the NCR leadership and helps oust the retarded officials who believe in the nonstop expansionism and likely gets them replaced with people who know what the fuck they're doing. This is better for everyone involved.
>>
>>377997423
>Democracy caused aliens to hijack the nukes
What the fuck
>>
File: 1469476546599.png (306KB, 468x361px) Image search: [Google]
1469476546599.png
306KB, 468x361px
lmao at faggots trying to defend House

Independent is literally House+, you have all his resources and all his plans except you're the one on top. No reason to pick anything else.
>>
>>377998275
Because he's not fucking retarded. Because he has no other agent of comaprable competence to go out into the Wasteland and do shit for him.
>>
>>377996265
I personally like going through the independent route, but in the long term, House is honestly the best choice for New Vegas.
>>
File: synths are cute.jpg (131KB, 719x955px) Image search: [Google]
synths are cute.jpg
131KB, 719x955px
>>377996265
I like the independent route not because I think it's the best option, but because it's fun to have everyone to try use you for their own ends, and then end up fucking everyone over one by one.

It's the reason why I went with the Institute in Fallout 4, since that almost feels like the same thing.
>>
>>378000713
You really want to leave New Vegas in the hands of a mentally retarded man who needed to be chaperoned by Arcade Gannon?
>>
File: ancap nuke.png (602KB, 793x794px) Image search: [Google]
ancap nuke.png
602KB, 793x794px
>>377997504
>Anarchy
>Bad
Get the fuck off my property
>>
>>377996265
Yes let my cannibal child killing 1 intelligence female ghoul hold the fate of the wastes a true great end.
>>
But I don't want to rule Vegas.
>>
Why do you talk about an 8 year old games every day? Autism?
>>
File: 1495547622336.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495547622336.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
>>378002380
>talking about talking about this game for 8 years.
I'm thinking about KS now.
>>
>>378002380
If an 8 years old game can still be constantly discussed on /v/ then it's doing something right
>>
>>377996265
>Yes Man
>wants to rid the wasteland of rulers
>didn't learn it's lesson from Benny being that there will always be someone who wants to be at the absolute top of the food chain

>Legion
>wants everything to be where their rules are the only ones in the wasteland
>has had two legates defect

>House
>stubborn old man that wants the good old days to be real again
>doesn't know how to let go...how to begin again

>NCR
>the best chance of taming the wasteland
>>
>>378003486
Yes Man doesn't "want" anything. He's barely an AI. He just does what he's told, no matter who tells him to do it.
>>
>>378000713

Being is the second man is the best :

Pro :

-You're rich.
-You've got the best deluxe room of the strip.
- Everyone fear/respect you.
- When not in a mission you're independent.
- Nobody blames you if shit hits the fan.

Con :

- Someone give you order.
>>
File: 1450139094454.jpg (34KB, 298x259px) Image search: [Google]
1450139094454.jpg
34KB, 298x259px
>brodahood
>>
>>377996265
Except Vegas is already independent under house, yesman is literally ancap means with courier having to fight through to being a NAP enforcer, which securitrons help with.
>>
>>377999112
>ending the feud with BOS.
Anything than extermination of techno-fascist bandit community is extreme cuckoldry
>ally with terrorist group that destroyed your currency
>ally with group you had 2 wars with because they were hoarding toasters and power plants
>ally with the group that makes your heavy troopers were Power armor, without any power making it basically 40 pounds of junk in west-coast heat.
>>
>>378004191
Vegas isn't "under House". House does his own thing and has no real power outside the Strip. He doesn't make his move to take over until the end of the game.
>>
>playing the game exactly the same every time
>>
Every single thread, yesman beta faggots ignore sword of damocles and even the entire ending
>my mary sue 10Special perfect cyborg courier will rule the mojave with a fair and iron fist!

Yes man was a mistake.
Obsidian should have the "leave mojave" ending instead, where at any point you could've go to the I15 and leave forever.
>>
>>377996926
>just a mob of angry primitivists with fascist tendencies
And yet Legion controlled lands had less crime overall than NCR.
Really makes you think.
Though the Legion falls when Caesar dies because it can't support itself without Caesar.
And NCR is a corrupt shithole filled with bureaucracy that doesn't get anything done.
>>
File: 1343597606745.jpg (9KB, 261x255px) Image search: [Google]
1343597606745.jpg
9KB, 261x255px
>>377997739
>not looting the entire place for profit.
>>
File: 1494159741120m.jpg (62KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494159741120m.jpg
62KB, 1024x576px
>>377996265
i'll never understand how these fedora tipping anarchy teenagers think a small, mortal man who's only function is to kill would be the best choice for The Strip over an immortal, business genius who has the experience and knowledge from running the largest and most humanitarian company of the Old World.
>>
>>377996265
Yes Man almost ruins the game for me just because everyone else in the game ignores his existence. You can't tell House he has a bug in the system, you can't suggest using the Secruitrons under your control to be used as cannon fodder in the Battle of Hover Dam for the NCR or Legion.

I really wish the 'you pissed off everyone' ending was to just walk away from it all instead of having Yes Man as the fail-safe.
>>
>>378004686
You can do that with a stealthboy
>>
>>378005002
Itd be nice if someone could restore that ending, but it would need Ron Perlman to voice it.
>>
Independent Vegas doesn't mean you're going to rule it, you dumb niggers. There's no mention of the Courier's rule in the ending slides and there's a clear lack of leadership in New Vegas with shit like Freeside deteriorating further.
You're simply building the groundwork for New Vegas as an independent faction that's free to go its own way instead of looking to the failed ideologies of the past. The courier's job is done after that and the Mojave wasteland can develop freely for better or worse, protected from outside influence by the securitrons. Laterally the theme of the game.
>>
>>377998275
>>378000815
>Oh shit dis nigga too useless, i can do a better than him
>Oh shit dis nigga too competent, what if he starts getting thoughts of replacing me? better get rid of him
>Oh shit dis nigga bosses me around, bet i can take him on and be the boss instead
>Oh shit dis nigga suspicious better kill him now
>Oh shit im the Sith Lord now
>>
House and Independent are the worst choices in the long term, instead of being a part of a larger civilization you act essentially like a city state. Robots aren't going to mean shit when someone organizes a group four states away and pulls another Caesar, the long term problem is you can't account for things outside of your small sphere of influence so you're fucked the next time a new government gets power and land. NCR did it, Khans did it in some endings, Caesar did it, it's going to keep happening and eventually one of those big factions full of people and land are going to stumble upon your shit.
>>
>>378006416
And the NCR and Legion are going to fail eventually too due to over-expansion. There are no good endings here, in the long term.
>>
>>378003769
Yes Man only gives you that delusion and you can only take the actions "it" suggests, therefore you do Yes Man's bidding.
>>
>>378006416
Good thing House's plan is to get off planet isn't it
>>
>>377996265
I never tried, but what if you kill yes man?
>>
I always mod NV to give me a perk every level because I like dicking around with the lesser tier perks and doesn't make me feel like it's a waste if I pick them.
>>
>>378006815
He respawns shortly after, IIRC
>>
>>378006815
He's one of the very few essential NPCs
>>
>>378006815

He re-uploads into a another robot. It's done to prevent the player from locking himself out of every ending. Yes-Man even comments on it saying sorry that you can't kill him.
>>
>>378006815
his AI jumps into a different robot and that one becomes yes man
>>
File: 1465646648071.jpg (121KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1465646648071.jpg
121KB, 601x601px
>>377996265
>dude we wuz anarchists n shiet
>>
>>378006590
>are going to fail eventually too due to over-expansion
>what is the real life USA
>started out as colonies migrating west
>gets spread out and we end up with 50 starts on the flag
>it's alright

>meanwhile Europe is a bunch of former medieval apes
>???
>>
>>378006590
NCR and Legion falling just paves the way for another group, as it stands the setting has shown that large scale organization is still possible so it's reasonable to assume New Vegas is going to be dealing with new groups like that over and over. It might take a very long time, possibly a few hundred years, but eventually a stable society with factories and technology and stability is going to find the Vegas area and by then it's all over unless New Vegas is just the start of something bigger. Not expanding enough is just as bad as over expanding
>>
File: 1481071632141 (1).jpg (133KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1481071632141 (1).jpg
133KB, 728x546px
>decide to blow up robot army during a Independent run just to see what would happen
>Yes Man is baffled at your stupidity but complements you anyway because clearly you have a good reason for doing so

I like the nice little touches they add.
>>
>>378006904
>>378006815
He's not essential. He just respawns by moving his AI into another Securitron. It's a design feature so you can't actually fail the game if you kill literally everyone else.
>>
>>377996926
This is a ROLEPLAYING GAME

I always tend to play as a Mary Sue then as a more strictly controlled character, replaying NV as a Nazi Scientist type, strong on discipline, high science skills, INT etc. He's choosing Legion
>>
>>378007219
>scientist type
>chooses Legion
>>
File: 1495346874306.png (136KB, 363x296px) Image search: [Google]
1495346874306.png
136KB, 363x296px
>tfw Mr. House ending probably isn't going to be canon
>>
>>378007368
Knowing Bethesda, it probably is just so Fallout 5 can take place in space.
>>
>>378007076
Yes Man is programmed to essentially obey your orders regardless of actual effectiveness.
Also he hates the Khans.
>>
>>378007368
I doubt anything in New Vegas is going to be canon because Bethesda hates West Coast Fallout and thank fuck for that after looking at their clusterfuck that is East Coast Fallout.
>>
>>377996926
NCR is the safe choice for washing your hands off the responsibility while not feeling to bad about it.
What exactly being in command of a cesspool of gamblers and drug addicts is going to accomplish anyways ? I guess you've got an access to an army of robots, I'm sure that won't attract the attention of a really fucking obnoxious group of cultists coveting any kind of technology they can find.
Yeah fuck that, the NCR can handle it, maybe I'll get a nice manor in their capital and die happy of old age surrounded by non-irradiated bitches.
>>
>>378004973
10 Int, 100 Science, 100 Barter, and 100 Speech says I'm way better than House; I never betray him though, I prefer being #2 and he's a good guy.
>>
>>378007025
>what is the real life USA
Not a post-apocalyptic irradiated wasteland full of mutated monsters on the dead husk of a planet.
>>
>>378007368
If Obsidian ever makes another Fallout game, Independent Vegas seems like the most likely option.
>>
>>378004973
>business genius
>genius
He has low INT tho. He just has high LK. He's the fucking Timothy Dexter of the late 21st century.

>RobCo
>humanitarian
What the fuck
>>
>>378007704
>If Obsidian ever makes another Fallout game
I hope not.
>>
File: michaelscott.png (89KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
michaelscott.png
89KB, 399x382px
>>378007704
I like to think that Yes Man was added as an option if players killed everyone.

>>378007707
He's over 200 years old for fuck's sake, his brain probably deteriorated like his body.
>>
>>378007908
It would make sense thematically.
>>
>>378004973
house is just lucky bastard
Courier on the other hand is capable of shaping future of Mojave, despite being capped in the head
>>
>>378007908
>I like to think that Yes Man was added as an option if players killed everyone.
It is. See >>378007157

>He's over 200 years old for fuck's sake, his brain probably deteriorated like his body.
Actually, if you look at his actual backstory you'll find that House, while of reasonable intelligence, only got to where he did and as far as he did through luck. His luck just happened to run out on October 23rd, 2077. He practically spells it out for you even.
>>
>>378007908
>>378008005
Ulysses doesn't act like a guy with 10's in everything, special stats don't reflect npcs so quit meming
>>
>>378007694
you missed the point. NCR would effectively be the best option for the wasteland in the long run. they're organized and have a government. while it aims to increase it's wealth, NCR citizens at least don't have to sleep with a gun under their pillows.

on a side note, Minutemen would make a great runner up candidate for the best option since they also aim to unify a land under one flag but while keeping everyone a free man.
>>
>>378008327
>they're organized and have a government
A corrupt government, which is worse than no government in a world of daily survival like Fallout
>>
>>378007076
I once did it to help NCR but ended up killing NCR when they wanted to kill BoS
>>
>>378007536
Vera was mentioned in FO4
>>
>>378008275
???

His entire backstory pretty much reflects that he does. You're telling me that a guy that: trained the White Legs to crush the New Canaanites (successfully), LEFT the Legion without consequence because of how much Caesar respected him, talked to the Think Tank without getting lobotomized, had long conversations with Elijah, survived the sundering of the Divide AND the aftermath, completely reprogrammed the ED-E facility AND the Hopeville silos, didn't have 10s across the board? I can understand how you'd feel differently about BEAR AND BULL, but his backstory definitely reflects the stats he was given.

>>378008535
I meant major plot points.
>>
File: 1495478257137.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495478257137.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>378007368
>yfw in Bethesda's canon BoS are the victors and they take over the Mojave
>>
>>378008661
>10 INT
>10 LUCK
>Is black
>>
File: 33318503916_ab2d7656e9_o.jpg (1MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33318503916_ab2d7656e9_o.jpg
1MB, 2560x1080px
How can one man be so BASED?
>>
>>378009135
Ulysses isn't black, tho. Either way, we're talking about an NPC that shapes the Mojave as much if not more than the Courier himself. Literally, everything the courier does in the game is the result of Ulysses.
>>
>>378009184
Hard life.
>>
File: 1490612170269.png (142KB, 293x341px) Image search: [Google]
1490612170269.png
142KB, 293x341px
>download a bunch of gun mods
>check where they're located
>most of them will put the weapon near/at Doc Mitchell's place

Jesus Christ, Doc Mitchell is one armed motherfucker.
>>
>>378009645
one time I just downloaded a fuck ton of armor and weapon mods, and I installed them in bulk and I just ended up discovering new shit in random places because I forgot where the modders placed the weapons and armors
>>
>>378009645
Funnily enough, Doc Mitchell's dialog hints at him being quite capable in a gunfight despite his leg.
>>
>>378007543
>I'm sure that won't attract the attention of a really fucking obnoxious group of cultists coveting any kind of technology they can fin
>Implying they could win
>>
>>378000713
>implying I want to be in control when I could get some other chump to do it for me while I live the ultimate high life
House is the actual selfish choice
>>
>>378009989
They can't, however they're an annoyance so getting rid of them is beneficial
>>
House is best
>>
>>378004624
>And yet Legion controlled lands had less crime overall than NCR.
>Really makes you think.

If you're a fucking retard maybe.
>>
House isn't perfect but it's the best option for the Mojave as it can at as the buffer zone between the NCR and the Legion, preventing either side from taking over and fucking everything up
>>
>>377996265
Sony Vegas?
>>
>>378004624
>And yet Legion controlled lands had less crime overall than NCR

Yeah, ever since murder, rape and child slavery was legalised, crime rate has plummeted. Ave, brother!
>>
>>378008275
>Ulysses has 10 in everything
>Plays around with an Enclave detonator and blows up his home
>Hunts down the courier instead of the Enclave

I'm pretty sure he should have been 1 INT.
>>
>>377997504
>Choosing the Democratic Party of the game
Must be an idiot
>>
What the fuck was Ulysses problem
of course I didnt know I had a detonator I'd be a shitty courier if I messed around with the client's stuff
pretty rich of him to complain about his home being wiped away when that's exactly what he did to the Mormons
>>
>>378012668
He had PTSD.
>>
>>378012624
>Democratic Parry
>House
what
>>
File: 4ca.png (146KB, 562x504px) Image search: [Google]
4ca.png
146KB, 562x504px
>>377997905
>roads
>>
>>378012574>>378012668
Ulysses didn't blow up the divide and the reason he hunts down the courier to prove to the courier that seemingly meaningless actions have dire consequences. The reason he does this is that not only is Ulysses fucked up from the fact that his home was destroyed, the Courier is walking the exact same path that Ulysses did. Everything that occurs in the game, outside of the destruction of the Divide, is the direct fault of Ulysses. The point of the DLC is to show the Courier that he's walking a Lonesome Road, one that Ulysses has also walked. It's really unfortunate that people didn't really pay attention to LR so they only complain about MUH BEAR MUH BULL rather than the message as a whole. Same thing happens with people missing the message of Dead Money because of how much of a nightmare it is the first go around.
>>
File: NO Gods, NO Masters, NO Courier.jpg (111KB, 540x581px) Image search: [Google]
NO Gods, NO Masters, NO Courier.jpg
111KB, 540x581px
>>
>>378012485
The Legion isn't the people it rules over
>>
>>377996926
I don't love legion but I feel like Vegas Strip would be taken over by them eventually due to fact they pretty much took over a good portion of the Midwest. But with the impending death of Caesar is the death of the legion, so I assume the vegas strip would fall to ex-legion-turned-raider gangs after the invasion. I chose the independent vegas in the end. My assumption was that at least the citizens of vegas could live free for a bit before getting suffocated by the legion and either killed or enslaved.
>>
>>378013245
who said this?
>>
File: 1451151184220.png (505KB, 912x5099px) Image search: [Google]
1451151184220.png
505KB, 912x5099px
>>378013473
Sawyer
>>
robots are disgusting abominations
siding with them is the worst choice
>>
>>377996926
why do people keep asking this question? the legion's purpose is to cleanse the wasteland of weak, cowardly men and unify them to make them as strong as possible. personally, i thought that was made to be painfully obvious. compare your average NCR grunt to a legion recruit. the legion recruit would walk to hell and back if he had to, while the trooper is just counting the days until his next leave.
>>
>>378013352
That's right, the majority of those gets killed, raped and enslaved.
>>
File: falloutmap.png (112KB, 1931x862px) Image search: [Google]
falloutmap.png
112KB, 1931x862px
>>378011530
>the buffer zone between the NCR and the Legion
The Mojave is a tiny wedge of land between Arizona and California. If both sides are serious about continuing to fight each other they'd just spill over into Baja or the rest of Nevada

It's the eye of the storm
>>
>>378013742
Because that's the reasoning of a violent nigger and we normal white folks can't comprehend being so barbaric and evil.
>>
>always sided house
>thinking of doing a legion run this time around
>tfw too guilty to do it
>>
>>378014449
Helping the NCR defeat the Legion while keeping House alive would be the best ending by far.
>>
>>378014449
All of the endings are worth doing at least once so you can get a better idea of each faction.
>>
File: 1493069638661.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493069638661.png
9KB, 420x420px
>>378013742
>be born into savage tribe in the middle of nowhere
>tribes gets conquered by some bald motherfucker
>tells you you're a future legionnaire now
>you train every single day to make this guy happy
>if you don't you die
>oh well
>they throw a machete in front of you and tell you to charge the profligates with it
>but they have guns why don't we use guns
>"it's degenerate"
>true to caesar
>run in
>die
>>
>>378014852
>Legion doesn't use guns meme
You've never played the game, then?
>>
>>378014116
it's not barbaric. killing for no reason is barbarism but the legion has a simple and clear purpose, to rid the wasteland of thievery and corruption, and bring us to a golden age where you can trust every man with your life.
>>
Why does Ulysses have such a hard on for The Divide?
It would probably have just ended up being taken over by Legion or NOT anyway
>>
>>378013742
>the legion's purpose is to cleanse the wasteland of weak, cowardly men and unify them to make them as strong as possible
>doesn't even respect the tribes it try to absorb into the legion to the point they just trick them into believing they are righteous
>murder and enslave tribesmen and just brainwash the children into fighters
>>
>>378015065
Why does anyone have a hard on for the place they live?
>>
>>378015065
Because the people there had made their own culture, a post-war culture and society that wasn't mired in Old World philosophies like NCR, Caesar and House. It was its own place.

That, and it was a place he finally felt he could call home after all the shit he'd been through
>>
>>378013742
>Legion starts training boys since they are 8 until they are 16.
>Give them no weapons or true armor so you can get the guys you spent 8 straight years training killed in 46 seconds
That retarded shit just does not run on the long term. It's a model doomed to collapse.
>>
>>378015020
not the youngsters.
>>
File: cerberus.jpg (832KB, 1313x1848px) Image search: [Google]
cerberus.jpg
832KB, 1313x1848px
Stop posting western garbage
>>
>>378005057
Just carry them into the back room, chump
>>
>>378015161
people like you will never understand caesar's vision because you're too bogged down by politically correct formalities. the legion is like the ideal version of the united states, if every immigrant was willing to forget their old country and unify to create a great new country. imagine a society where literally every citizen is working towards the progress of their nation. it gives me chills.
>>
>>378015325
All ranks of Legion troops have guns in their equipment lists. Recruits just get shit tier ones like the Cowboy Repeater and 9mm Pistol
>>
>>377997565
ncr? more like ntr.
>>
>>378013564
sounds like house is the right choice
>>
>>378015403
also they're supposed break from their families too because it means they're loyal to something else. it's the ultimate cuck system.

>>378015472
I've never seen NCR troopers charging at me with knives anon, stop being obtuse.

also cowboy repeater is not shit tier at all.
>>
File: 1487339631011.png (856KB, 736x672px) Image search: [Google]
1487339631011.png
856KB, 736x672px
>>378007368

I wish Obsidian has the balls to do a follow up to Fallout: DUST. Too bad such an idea probably won't be financially viable sales wise.
>>
>>378015049
I'm sure these kids in slavery are the root of thievery and corruption dude.
>>
>>378015403
the legion was born to fail once they stop having a certain leadership,
the followers said it,
Marcus said it,
independants said it,
and they were all proven right when you get the legion ending with caesar dead.
>>
>>378015298
it's a model that led to the society you see before you. if our ancestors were given a break by mother nature and all her dangers, we wouldn't be here right now. we wouldn't have developed the ingenuity to survive this long.
>>
>>378015298
>NCR raises children to be educated and productive members of society
>Conscript them, give them shit weapons, two weeks of basic and send them in a human wave until the battle is won

Yeah, this is a sustainable system
>>
>>378015883
Don't forget about drafting women so they can experience PTSD, rape, and permanent injury 1st hand!
>>
>>378015801
no. thieves become good thieves by NOT getting caught. not being punished, never facing the consequences. a society with lax laws promotes that sort of lifestyle.

>>378015808
if caesar is dead then you either did something wrong or you were intentionally trying to sabotage the legion, in which case you wouldn't have picked the legion ending. curing him is one of the easiest quests in the entire game if you've already cleared Vault 34, which you should have by that late in the game.
>>
>>378007550
original character do not steal
>>
File: 1489240558945.gif (3MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
1489240558945.gif
3MB, 320x181px
>yfw you realise if they ever confirm who wins in New Vegas in some new installment there will be a major upset among the fans because all factions have their fair share of supporters
>>
Not gonna lie, former Kimball supporter here. It's hilarious watching NCR crash and burn, but in all seriousness we can't let them have the Hoover Dam
>>
>>378016241
I won't be upset if the consequences are realistic.
>>
>>378016126
i cured caesar on my first legion play,
i tried to see if legion was any good but i still see more bad than good.
i understand some of his point but this is taken to the extreme.
what i'm saying is that once caesar will die, legion will die with him or will stop following caesar's rules and commit more atrocities which will make them goes back into some sort of barbarian tribes with a fake sense of society.
at least i'm glad he still had his head on his shoulder and respected the followers of the apocalypses he was with in the past, which was also the only faction i truly sided with.
>>
>>377996926
https://youtu.be/o6LaGLjxq88?t=406
Because the world is shit and fascism works best under those conditions. The main flaws in his plan is that it self-destructs without his overseeing and without an enemy to fight. To circumvent these obstacles he planned to evolve his ideology as either drew near.
>>
>>378017020
Fascism doesn't work in any kind of condition. Legion is basically Fallout ISIS.
>>
>>378015742
NCR Troopers occasionally spawn with knives and will try to stab you if they have no alternative
>>
>>378016551
caesar is creating an environment of brotherhood and trust specifically because he knows he will die one day and can no longer lead. he's working a long term strategy. when you fight and kill alongside certain people your entire life, it doesn't matter who is commanding you. you will develop an extremely strong bond with those men and legionaries will actively seek out a new leader for themselves.
>>
File: 1488952318840.jpg (26KB, 539x566px) Image search: [Google]
1488952318840.jpg
26KB, 539x566px
>>378017020
>Fascism doesn't work in any kind of condition.
>>
>>378017214
meant for
>>378017114
>>
>>378017114
>Fascism doesn't work in any kind of condition
That's not true. It's among the most volatile of ideologies, but in the right circumstances it's the most powerful.
>Legion is basically Fallout ISIS
It's basically the Roman Republic given how strongly they emulate it. Caesar even feared that the realization among his subordinates of its origins would lessen his reign.
>>
>>378017143
if you try any harder you're going to shit yourself.

>>378017214
>>378017584
I'm just saying, if Legion were fascists they would've folded a long time ago. At least jihadis are resilient considering the odds are really not on their favor.
>>
File: 1470816877911.png (98KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470816877911.png
98KB, 400x400px
>>378014116
>reasoning of a violent nigger
>direct copy of the most renown contributors to the western world
>>
>>378017771
>muh legion dun use guns
>they objectively do
>nuh uh!

Only one trying to prove something here is you, fagbait
>>
>>378017584
>That's not true. It's among the most volatile of ideologies, but in the right circumstances it's the most powerful.
People make literally, WORD FOR WORD, the exact same argument for Communism.
>>
>>378017852
The Legion has almost nothing in common with golden age Rome, you retarded fuck. Caesar was even known for being extremely merciful.
>>
>>378017771
>I'm just saying, if Legion were fascists they would've folded a long time ago.
How exactly? Facist ideologies are strong whenther there's an outer threat. Even Francoist Spain lasted for decades.
>>
>>378017871
there is a part of legion that specifically does not use guns, this particular legionnaire in this greentext was a part of that group. man you really want to have the last word don't you

>>378018013
Only because the allies didn't fuck his shit up and let him live.
>>
>>378017984
Direct copy wasn't the right word, but my point still stands. The conquering and integration of tribes as well as the reliance on slave labor are obvious parallels. Fallout's Caesar clearly feared the degeneracy associated with the decline of the Roman Empire, and was relentless to instill a hatred of it before his passing.
>>
File: 1487902688159.jpg (114KB, 960x798px) Image search: [Google]
1487902688159.jpg
114KB, 960x798px
kaizar this some nasty ass civilization I hate you so much but the cosplay game ridiculous
>>
File: 1480471254908.png (226KB, 591x460px) Image search: [Google]
1480471254908.png
226KB, 591x460px
>>378018829
>female
>>
File: 1375366178442.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1375366178442.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
>>378019037
Just the Courier getting into the spirit of things
>>
File: DANGER.png (1MB, 755x676px) Image search: [Google]
DANGER.png
1MB, 755x676px
>hit level 30 with logans loophole
>realize I'll have to do OWB to get rid of it

I hate OWB. Not because it's bad it just isn't a good DLC to replay.
>>
>not wanting to be number 2 your boss brings out when no one else can do anything
>he has an army of super robots so most of your time will be fucking around
>will handle most of the hard shit and bad laws will pass you by so it's a null point
>might make some robot parts of living eternally
later on so you can do the realest robot government
>>
>>378019652
the courier is male. just because developers let lonely autistic faggots make female characters doesn't mean it's canon.
>>
>>378020085
>skip introduction
>do three main fetch quests as fast as possible
>talk to Mobius
>talk to Think Tank
>all that happens is the ending chides you for going so fast
>come back later and do the rest at your leisure
>>
>>378020085
None of the dlcs are specially good for replays.
>>
>>378019037
that's a young male tween
>>
>>378020371
I personally disagree. Dead Money gets better with every playthrough probably stockholm syndrome because I can't let go and I feel like I find new things in HH every time I play through it. OWB just feels like such a chore, but at least it's varied enough (albeit far too long) to where it doesn't drag as badly LR.
>>
>>378020371
>haven't played fallout nv for years
>only did every dlc once each back then
>decide to play again
>first dlc i go for is honest hearts
>skip every location and go fast just to end with the dlc because i remember locations are utter shit

IS IT TRUE PEOPLE LIVE IN GIANT GECKO
>>
>>378004973
>RobCo
>humanitarian

Did you even read the fucking terminals, bro?
>>
>>378021008
Compared to WestTek, VaultTec, General Atomics and Poseidon Energy, House looks like a saint
>>
>>378021232
You realize that RobCo had primary partnerships with literally ALL of those companies, right?
>>
>>378021504
Selling computers is not a business partnership, Anon.
>>
>>378021583
House personally worked with General Atomics on Liberty Prime. You can even see a photo of him standing in front of it. PipBoys? House did that. Literally every bot in the Fallout universe? House. The fucking vault 101 PA system even tells you right out:

>Did you know that the Vault-Tec/RobCo partnership is considered the most successful joint venture in the history of American industry?
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/4/43/Vault101PA_Vault-Tec_Robco.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20150507211020

That's not even counting the shit he did to his poor brother. House is complicit in all of those things. He's not a saint. He's not humanitarian. He's just as fucked up as the rest. You can either accept it or you can ignore it, but thems the breaks, nigger.
>>
>>378021813
>Liberty Prime
>giant commie killing robot
I don't see a problem.

>pipboys
>same thing as selling computers

>vault-tec partnership
it's unknown exactly how much of a role he really had in the vault experiments

>his brother
his brother was pretty much retarded
>>
>>378022217
I'll say it again, you can either ignore it which you've chosen to do here or you can accept, but those are the breaks. Doubling down on your already proven incorrect view doesn't change reality.
>>
>>378021813
>Liberty Prime
A ridiculous robot that never worked when it was built. Not exactly a Bad Thing. Given the story of New Vegas, probably a ploy to earn more money and spend it on Securitrons for himself.
>PipBoys
Tell you what to do, where to go, dull your brain. Still not a bad thing.
>All Robots
The Mister Handy/Gutsy and Robobrains were built by General Atomics.
>Antony House
He stole House's inheritance in the form of H&H Tools and then had a mental breakdown when his brother became so rich and powerful he could just buy the company out. Maybe House ran a projection to see how likely it was his brother would lose his mind but it's not really his fault or problem that the guy ended up batshit insane because he got one upped so hard.
>>
>>378022745
>The Mister Handy/Gutsy and Robobrains were built by General Atomics
In a partnership with RobCo, you double nigger
>>
>>377996265
>independent

No friendo. You chose slavery to an AI. Best choice is NCR by a land slide.
>>
>>378022897
>best choice is NCR
>NTR fags actually believe this
>>
>>378022720
>>378021813
Well, when you can come up with something that's actually as bad as the other companies directly working with/being part of the Enclave and helping to engineer the end of the world while experimenting on the American people, maybe you'll have an argument

"Worked with the only other companies in the market" does not make House as bad as the people behind the Vault experiments or FEV
>>
>>378023017
Democracy > Dictatorship
>>
>>378023168
>and helping to engineer the end of the world
He did exactly that though. He even admits to you that he could have saved the world but he chose not to.
>>
>>378023230
>implying ncr's """""democracy""""" actually works
>implying ncr won't collapse if they keep expanding out eastwards
>>
>>378023338
>You say that you saved Las Vegas. How?
>By 2065 I deemed it a mathematical certainty that an atomic war would devastate the Earth within 15 years. Every projection I ran confirmed it.
>I knew I couldn't "save the world," nor did I care to. But I could save Vegas, and in the process, perhaps, save mankind.

Hmmm
>>
>>378023461
>nor did I care to
>>
>>378023563
>implying the world was worth saving by that point
>>
>>378023420
NCR- Manifest destiny 2: The Electric Boogalo.
>>
>>378023563
>I knew I couldn't
Yes, it's funny how you keep skipping important things to invent arguments that don't exist

Nothing about the Enclave says they would have welcomed his help, or done anything other than hinder him if he tried to provide his technology for all. One man and his robotics/computing company weren't going to suddenly fix the oncoming apocalypse
>>
>>378023612
>moving the goal posts
>>
>>378013381
>legion
>controlling the midwest
They have Arizona, New Mexico, SE Utah, and SW Colorado
>>
>>378023807
>know the end of the world is coming
>do nothing to help save it, only your little pet project
>this makes you humanitarian in the eyes of some rando autist
You fuck off
>>
>>378023695
>implying they can make it all the way to the east coast without collapsing
They're already stretched way too thin, weighted down by crippling bureaucracy, and on the verge of collapse by the events of NV.
>>
>>377998275
If you're good, he really likes you
If you're neutral, he respects your work ethic
If you're evil, he is afraid of you
>>
>>378023889
>accepts his limitations regarding the impending nuclear holocaust
>"little pet project" is a convoluted plan involving gambling to preserve important resources, rebuild civilization to a point where spaceflight can be achieved and then save the human race by getting them off the raped carcass of Earth
You lose so gracefully but I'll accept it

Try harder in future, faggot
>>
>>378006597
what
Yes Man just gives you suggestions. You can tell him you don't care about any of the minor groups and he'll happily ignore them
>>
>>378024247
>happily
>>
>>378024176
He could have handed some resources to the government. Suddenly America and the world is saved. He didn't. He abandoned it for his pet project: Vegas.
>>
>>378023889
I will admit he could have done more to try and save more cities.
>>
>>378024296
I mean, he's not angry
>>
>>378024315
>The government
You mean the Enclave. That had its own resources. That chose to save itself and only itself. That later decided it was going to exterminate all humanoid life on the planet with a modified strain of FEV so they could repopulate with only the purest of American genes.

Yes, that would have been a GREAT plan.
>>
>>378024437
No, I mean the government. The Enclave was a small subset within the government.
>>
>>377997870
Freeside was fine for me and I went independent
>>
>>378024381
he barely managed to save Vegas even with his calculations, the lack of the silver chip meant dozens of warheads still got through
trying to save other cities would have doomed everyone in vegas
>>
>>377996265
Honestly, you could make a good case for the NCR, House, or Wild Card being the best option for the Mojave.

Legion players, on the other hand, are contrarian plebs.
>>
File: House cap.jpg (329KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
House cap.jpg
329KB, 800x700px
>>
>>378024658
>dozens of warheads
Out of 77 warheads targeted at the Mojave, 9 of them hit and none of those hit Vegas itself

You can even visit about 4 of the craters in the game
>>
>>378023230
>it's easier to topple an overwhelming majority than a single tyrant
EBIN, cuckolds actually believe that too.
>>
>>378000713
correct me if i'm prolly wrong but it has been a long time since i've done yes man ending and i was under the impression yes man itself would run vegas after finding some sort of update that allow him to not always saying the truth or some shit.
didn't felt like the courier would run vegas with yes man, more like a "whoops i've unleashed a robot to be put in charge of the whole area"
>>
File: Hol Horse.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hol Horse.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>378003834
>Being is the second man is the best
This
>>
>>378003486
The ncr was already ridiculously spread thin by the start of the game and required The Courier's help to defeat the legion they'll only get weaker the more they expand
>>
>>378024501
>The Enclave is comprised of (mostly) ancestral descendants of top ranking officials of the government (most notably, the last standing president of the United States before the Great War, according to the Fallout Bibles)
I mean, trying to bargain with a government already corrupted within by a cabal of powerful, self important officials would be bad enough but outright going to a President in cahoots with the Not-Illuminati would be crazy

Of course, if the government actually cared about people not dying in nuclear fire they could have done more to stop it themselves. Like, not invading China and kicking their asses so hard. That might've helped.
>>
>>378024932
No, Sawyer himself even said that the Yes Man ending just has the update to only follow the Courier's orders.

>>378025027
It's almost as if China started the war by invading Alaska or something
>>
>>378025105
And there we have it! Global politics!

Not something one man and his personal fortune is ever going to fix, no matter how hard he tries
>>
Independent=House>NCR>Legion
>>
>>378024932
Chris himself said this was not true. The upgrade is only so he wouldn't take orders from anyone but you.
>>
>>377997870
Poorfags get out
>>
File: 1493778670371.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1493778670371.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>378008275
>dresses like an edgelord
>talks like an edgelord
>dreads
>black
>10 charisma
>>
>>378024932
Yes Man's "assertiveness" is to say no to everyone but the Courier
>>
>>378025243
>have the tech to stop 90% of nukes ever reaching their target
>refuse to share it for his own pet project
>somehow not complicit
Let me axe you something. If your child had cancer and you found out that a man had cured canced but refused to share it so he could use it in a little pet project, would you blame him for the death of your kid? Of course you would.
>>
Independent=House=NCR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Legion
I don't like Legion very much
>>
>>378017584
>>378017584
>It's basically the Roman Republic
It's not even the Roman monarchy.
>>
>>378013189
>the main message of dead money
the "let go of the wealth" message? that one was pretty easy to spot, even through the red tint everyone saw through while getting through all the bullshit to the vault room.

Or are you referring to something else?
>>
>>377997810
This, independence doesn't guarentee a better community but it's the chance that matters, like what Evey says at the end of V for Vendetta.
>>
>>377997870
who cares about Freeshit
>>
>>378025438
>computers that can calculate numbers really fast
>giant lasers
As we all know, RobCo had a monopoly on both these things. Never did anyone else get advanced computers, like the fictional ZAX, and energy weapons? Forget about it.

What an asshole he was to keep these things all to himself. Or, to put it another way, no. You analogy is ridiculous because House used things widely available in Pre-War America. Not his problem in the slightest if every other organization that could have set up their own defensive grids chose not to.
>>
Is there anywhere I can get the full list of changes for NV Redesigned 3? The author doesn't seem to want people to know.
>>
>>378016241
Imagine if they made Legion ending the true one just to fuck with everyone.
>>
>>378025686
Let Go in general. It's actually the main message the game overall, to let go of the past to forge a new future While it is true that most people HEARD it, they didn't get it, yourself included.
>>
>>378007550
>and he's a good guy.
Nice lie guy.

House is a business man and only cares about only profits in sense. So if the MC were to ever to because useless or a burden to him House would just find someone new to take his place and get rid of him. House only cares about things and people as long as he can get some value out of them and different towards everything else not hostile to him.

Like House is the type of nigga who would let someone die in-front of him even if he could save them if he could get nothing out of them and if they were alone with no one to talk shit to ruin his rep and make people more wary of them.

House is not nice. He is ultimately self serving looking to build a vision of the past in the present just like all other of the major factions in the game aside from the Yes Man..
>>
File: 1494610421598.jpg (92KB, 557x495px) Image search: [Google]
1494610421598.jpg
92KB, 557x495px
>>378016241
if it happens the canon one will probably be independent, unfortunately.
>>
>>378025630
You have every right too anon.
>>
>>378017913
but fascism has had actual benefits to the countries the system was used in
>>
>>378005002
I saw Yes Man as the in-game medium to have the player go rogue, rather than an actual entity in the game that affects the world. With the way the game is designed, this was probably the simplest way they could think of to represent the player making his own choices over picking the other options.
>>
>>378026093
>Like House is the type of nigga who would let someone die in-front of him even if he could save them
He'd do well in the Wasteland
>>
>>378017913
>implying anyone says communism is bad
>>
File: 1486180249738.png (2MB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
1486180249738.png
2MB, 900x950px
>NCR
>Basically the HRE. Will overextend itself to the point it balkanizes and ends up like the warring German states

>Legion
>Will end up like the Roman Empire: collapsing from the sheer weight of its conquests, and after the good leader dies will be followed by really shitty leaders and civil wars. After it collapses will provide a baseline for the remaining ethnic groups to emulate off of and restart the post-Roman period

>House
>Venice. Obscenely powerful, only cares about itself and its interests, and profits off of other nations. May last but not necessarily useful for mankind

>Independent
>??? A loose confederation of wildly differing states and cultures unified by one singular person with an iron fist
>>
Who /MrNewVegas/ here
>>
>>378028394
Best DJ in the franchise desu.
>>
>>378028553
NO
THE BEST DJ IS MY BOI
THREE DAWG
AWOOOOO
>>
File: 1485013848732.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1485013848732.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>378027664
>Primm
loving every laugh
>>
>>378028653
Shit taste
>>
File: 1391205116935.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1391205116935.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>378028850
WHAT
SCARED LITTLE WHITE BOI CANT HANDLE THE GOOD FIGHT?
FAGGOT
>>
>>378018613
>the only fault of fascism is that it collapses when attacked by multiple, overwhelmingly powerful enemies
>>
>>378028653
DEM GHOOLS DINDU NUFFIN TENPENNY TOWER IS RAYSIS AND A SYMBOL OF WHAIT DEVIL BOI OPPRESSION
SSSSSSSHHHHHEEEEEIIIITTTTT
HANDS UP BIX NOOD DON'T SHOOT
I'M FIGHTING DAT GOOD FIGHT BY STAYING IN MY HEAVILY GUARDED BROADCASTING BUILDING AT ALL TIMES
>>
>>378003834
This, fuck the wasteland. The sheer strenght firepower of the courier alone is enough fuck up every other faction.
>>
>>378029246
Somebody post the comic.
>>
File: fallout nv threads.jpg (264KB, 661x716px) Image search: [Google]
fallout nv threads.jpg
264KB, 661x716px
>>
>>378000521
Source? Iirc Mothership Zeta logs only state that they observed the nuclear exchange not acticely instigated it.
>>
>>378030192
He's referencing cut content
>>
House > Legion > POWER GAP > NCR > dude anarchy lmao
>>
File: 1385186888816.png (694KB, 900x557px) Image search: [Google]
1385186888816.png
694KB, 900x557px
I wonder what happened to the people I sent to work at the Aces Theatre when Caesar rolled into town

I bet Billy Knight got crucified for being a shitty comedian
>>
>>378026174
>implying Todd would ever acknowledge NV for having existed.
>implying Todd would let Obsidian ever come near anything related to fallout again
>>
>>378030967
Childhood is thinking that Todd's the bad guy.
Adulthood is realizing that Todd wants to make more good RPGs like Morrowind but is being held back by the corporate executives at Zionmax and dumbasses like Pete Hines and Emil Whatshisname.
>>
>>378025630

Legion is an unfinished edgy faction. The only reason people like it here is because they're contrarians.
>>
>>378020173
Despite this based on the dialouge, the cast of followers and the comments made by npcs. It always seemed to me that the game was built around a female protagonist. Where as 3 is blatantly male.
>>
>>378031318
>Adulthood is realizing that Todd wants to make more good RPGs
Funny since he's given no indication of that but he has given us indications of the opposite
>>
>>378018829
>literally can't wait to become a cool as fuck old dude so i can cosplay with my kids as based Doman.
>>
>>378031318
but Todd has a huge amount of creative control, he could make any game he wanted at this point
>>
>>378031318
todd is definitely pushing for more fo4/skyrim style trash
>>
>>378031318
>/v/ is so contrarian that people are now defending todd "liar for hire" howard
>>
>>378031318
It's a shame really that most people consider him to be the big bad.
If he never existed we wouldn't have gotten Morrowind or the mod kit, which impacted TES and the rest of the industry, even if only slightly.
>>
>>378029873
We need to go further, someone post the reddit edit
>>
What are some good New Vegas mods
>Project Nevada
>>
>>378029873
which one?
>>
>>378034040
"Around ghouls, don't be a fool."
>>
>>378033972
Project Nevada
I'm serious.
>>
File: IMG_0586.png (93KB, 840x1182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0586.png
93KB, 840x1182px
>>378034112
fuck the _eddit version
>b-b-but muh racism
>>
>>378034463
The reddit version is hilariously bad. They got their nu-male pube beards in a twist because the punchline referenced an A. Wyatt Mann cartoon.
>>
>>378031328
I like Legion because of Raul, Vulpes, Caesar himself, and Ulysses.

The picture they all paint of the legion isn't really of a terrible people, but EVERY member of the legion you see in NV is the 'army' of the legion, not the people of the legion.

I feel they really needed some fleshing out, and even without fleshing out, their goals seemed more realistic than NCR's, because their totalitarian ways were objectively more superior in controlling a vast wasteland filled with shit that would kill you faster than the legion ever would.

Legion is also better for involved neutral parties, due to safer trade routes and little taxation. That's just an objective fact.
>>
>>378034882
I don't know how you got that from Ulysses. Ulysses was very blunt about how shitty the Legion is and what it did to him and his family.
>>
>>378035356
Yet if you confront Ulysses as a member of the Legion, you can convince him to put down his arms in 2 lines of dialogue and 0 Speech by calling him back to you. He realizes you're right and joins you, realizing that his ideals were dumb.

He was intended to be a follower, and in early development, a legion follower. He was designed to be one of the only sympathetic legion characters due to his problems with the Legion, much like Cass and the NCR.
>>
>>378034463
>>378034706
Hahaha, silly Anons. You can convey the same message without being a fucking racist scumbag, cmon
>>
>>378035895
Kek, wow.
>>
File: so this is how humanity dies.png (506KB, 1791x1409px) Image search: [Google]
so this is how humanity dies.png
506KB, 1791x1409px
>>378035895
So this is how humanity dies, not with a bang, but with a whimper
>>
>>378035643
>Yet if you confront Ulysses as a member of the Legion, you can convince him to put down his arms in 2 lines of dialogue and 0 Speech by calling him back to you
I am 99% sure that is a mod because I have never seen that and there is nothing about that on any of the wikis. The only way to get him to stand down is either through collecting the logs/ED-Es logs (and stating the proper things) or through speech checks.

>He was intended to be a follower, and in early development, a legion follower. He was designed to be one of the only sympathetic legion characters due to his problems with the Legion, much like Cass and the NCR
Cut content is irrelevant to lore and all of this was scrapped before Lonesome Road was even on the design board.
>>
File: 1495572484599.png (862KB, 468x470px) Image search: [Google]
1495572484599.png
862KB, 468x470px
>>378035895
>comic made for a community
>different community finds it
>What le fuck? Why wasn't this made with our community in mind?
Really activated my almonds
>>
File: 1482107276555.jpg (56KB, 595x451px) Image search: [Google]
1482107276555.jpg
56KB, 595x451px
>>378036252
Oh for fucks sake
>>
>>378036356

No, the real problem is that they fail to understand the entire joke is racism so removing the racism makes the comic pointless. It makes more sense to ban the comic completely.
>>
>>378036252
Reminder that if anyone in this thread came from or still goes to reddit, you need to go back and never return.
Can you link me the thread, please?
>>
File: WORDS WORDS WORDS.png (690KB, 1583x1447px) Image search: [Google]
WORDS WORDS WORDS.png
690KB, 1583x1447px
>>378036572
Here you go senpai
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/383zyw/fallout_3_karma_racism_removed_better_moral/
>>
>>378036572
YOu may say this ironically, but I don't.

4chan and reddit are very different places, both in posting style, and in collective morality. If you post in one, you have no real right to post in the other.

And I especially hate the people who post on both, spit a really dumb, cancer opinion, and then justify their cancer by saying "Everyone goes to reddit"

No, not everyone goes to Reddit. Just you, and people like you.
>>
>>378036527
I know, I was referring to their sensitivities
>>
>>378036804
I wasn't being ironic senpai.
>>
>>378036572
>>378036767
Reminder that if you're from reddit you seriously need to fuck off
>>
>>378034882
Legion is simply fascism.
It's needed in bad times.
Like in the political chart with hard times > strong men > good times > weak men >hard times
>>
>>378037413
>I found the original funny! I'm not offended by the punchline that you felt like you needed to make kosher for our echo chamber website!
>le downboad squad xdddd
>>
File: 1495418466977.jpg (8KB, 190x188px) Image search: [Google]
1495418466977.jpg
8KB, 190x188px
>>378037413
Holy fuck this happened to me too.
>Make joke
>Pissy cunt gets mad
>Tell him I was just joking
>It's not a joke if I don't like it!
Reddit is such a fucking pile of steaming shit.
>>
>>378038501
>using reddit for anything other than niche porn
go back.
>>
>Leigon and House on top
I knew /v/ was full of alt-right edge lords and fedora tipping neets
>>
>>378039146
>Implying
I only went there for a few months to troll faggots and shit post about how nuLara was a shit on the official Tomb Raider subreddit.
>>
>>378039910
On top of what, niBBa?
>>
>>378037413
Has humanity reached the reality the MGS2 ending depicted?
>>
>>378038501
Yeah, people NEVER do that here.
>>
>>378033972
WMX
>>
I plan on getting New Vegas during the upcoming summer sale. Other than a couple hours in Fallout 1 I've never played a Fallout game before (I'm sorry but I don't like CRPGs). What mods should I get and what are some good quests mod? How much can you mod the game before it becomes unstable?
>>
>>378038501
you have to go back
>>
>>378041336
get JSawyer
it's the personal fix mod from the lead developer that makes NV closer to the game he wanted to make
>>
>>378041336
don't fall for the project nevada meme
>NVAC
>NVSE JIP
>4gb patch
>Jsawyer Ultimate
>Legion Quests Expanded
use Mod Organizer instead of FOMM
>>
>>378041336
I honestly wouldn't mod at all for your first playthrough. The only exception is if you're on Windows 8/10 because then NVSE and NVAC become required or the game crashes on startup. Also Zan's AutoPurge Crash Protector is a necessity on 10 if you don't want the game to crash every hour like clockwork.
>>
File: 1486674638112.png (160KB, 375x736px) Image search: [Google]
1486674638112.png
160KB, 375x736px
>>378041753
Or you can pull your big boy pants up and sort your mod order out and everything will be fine
>>
>>378042154
I'm glad you think you're intelligent, but your reading comprehension really shows otherwise.
>>
>>378041545
>>378041669
But Project Nevada looks fun. I don't care about autistic survival simulations. I just want an action game that actually has good storytelling for once.

>>378041753
No Bethesda engine game is good (or even stable) without at least a few dozen mods.
>>
File: 1486604904031.jpg (109KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486604904031.jpg
109KB, 540x960px
>>378042438
>I honestly wouldn't mod at all for your first playthrough
I would have said this a couple years ago. But mods are pretty well polished and you can definitely run some big name ones with no issue if you want. At the very least I would run a hi-rez texture pack, a weather mod, interior lighting overhaul and some other realism polish. It really helps bring the game into 2017.
>>
>>378042857
>>378042849
It's not related to fucking mods you retards. W10 Anniversary update literally broke the game and it can't be started without NVAC. Gamebryo RAM cache doesn't play nice with W10 so if you don't have something that purges the cache, the game will crash every 45 minutes to an hour. Jesus Christ, learn to fucking read or don't talk about things you don't know about. You just prove yourself to be fucking stupid.
>>
>>378042857
>>378043057
Also the reason you go through your first playthrough in vanilla is to appreciate the game as it is without mods so you appreciate mods that much more. Seriously fuck off
>>
File: Vulpes_Inculta.jpg (167KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
Vulpes_Inculta.jpg
167KB, 800x571px
>Oh man, Nipton was soooo easy to destroy, everyone but us is just so weak
>he says while having lost almost half his men and had the support of a good dozen dogs

Oh Vulpes, why do you lie to me
>>
File: FNV_concept_art_Vegas_Skyline.jpg (3MB, 3009x1272px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_concept_art_Vegas_Skyline.jpg
3MB, 3009x1272px
>>378043057
>I honestly wouldn't mod at all for your first play through. The only exception is if you're on Windows 8/10
I honestly would mod for your first play through. Especially if you're on win10

>>378043161
Nah. There are some mods that don't even touch the vanilla experience that are fine to install. Just don't install any that give you special powers, OP weapons or change story elements and you'll be fine.
>>
>>378043443
>There are some mods that don't even touch the vanilla experience
Mods touch the vanilla experience by default.
>>
>>378043393
His entire job is to lie to everyone about everything
>>
>>378035895
>the only winning move is not to play the quest.
what fucking losers, I bet they google the endings to quests and get a walkthrough for the one they like most.
>>
>>378043659
not modes like anti-crash and stutter remover
>>
>>378043443
I fucking love that concept art
>>
>>378040864
you dont get fucking banned for it here
>>
>>378043737
So... mods which alter the vanilla state do not alter the vanilla experience? Just because you say it doesn't make it so. A MODIFICATION which MODIFIES the game MODIFIES the experience from the non-modded version. It doesn't matter what the MODIFICATION is. Anything that alters the default is no longer the default. Your mental gymnastics will never change that fact.
>>
File: 1495491794997.jpg (149KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1495491794997.jpg
149KB, 1024x682px
>>378043659
So? The default experience doesn't include hi-rez texture packs, weather, or darker nights/interior lighting. I want this game to feel like I'm playing STALKER and mods let you do that while not changing anything about the story.
>>
>>378044065
Nice blog how do I subscribe?
>>
>>378044053
>the game is supposed to stutter and crash all the time
>>
>>378036767
>if you dont feel sorry for the ghouls who lashed out like violent niggers after they got what they want you have a flawed viewpoint
holy fucking shit I can almost taste the cognitive dissonance this guy has while reading this.
>>
>>378044307
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>378044053
What the fuck kind of autism is this? Can you explain your own mental gymnastics how a program running in the background alters the vanilla experience?
>>
File: 1458519871260.jpg (96KB, 890x656px) Image search: [Google]
1458519871260.jpg
96KB, 890x656px
>>378044283
You're the one who said don't mod on your first play through.
I'm just giving my $.02, there are some mods that enhance the vanilla game and don't contradict it.
>>
>>378004624

>Had less crimes
It is amazing how little crime there is when you allow slavery, forced sex, crucifying people, cruel and unusual punishments, fighter pits...

No shit if you make a bunch of things that used to be crimes into legal things there is gonna be less crime, you dumbass.
>>
>>378044542
>definitions are mental gymnastics

>>378044560
And if you'd never played the vanilla game you wouldn't appreciate them in the same way.
>>
>>378007219

>Nazi scientist type
>chooses the backwards spear flinging retards that dress like ancient romans instead of House, who is far more technologically focused and authoritarian.

Of course.
>>
>>378044684
Wow, it's amazing how you said the exact same thing as the last guy to reply to that post

You really needed to get that off your chest, huh
>>
>>378044812
I'm not talking about definitions, I'm asking why you think an unseen program alters the vanilla experience. Unless you think crashes are part of the vanilla experience.
>>
File: 1471383164088.jpg (74KB, 462x664px) Image search: [Google]
1471383164088.jpg
74KB, 462x664px
>>378044812
Why waste 30-40 hours on a vanilla play through though? Just use mods to make the game you want the first time around.
>>
File: 1493950366004.jpg (12KB, 261x221px) Image search: [Google]
1493950366004.jpg
12KB, 261x221px
>>378037413
>where you're typing random letters and by some truly extraordinary coincidence they happen to be relevant coherent sentences
>[dud removed] dont attack other users
How the fuck was the first guy's post neither an insult nor an attack? I'm so glad I never touched this shithole.
>>
>>378045212
Try an "unseen" program in an online game. You usually get banned for them. It's almost as if they alter the vanilla experience or something.

>>378045239
Why waste any hours on any game? Just make your own so you can enjoy it the first time around.
>>
>>377996926
>angry primitivists with fascist tendencies
how old are you?

on that note, obsidian fucked up in that the only way to see the appeal of the legion is to dig deep into the lore
>>
File: 1489375199092.jpg (159KB, 844x898px) Image search: [Google]
1489375199092.jpg
159KB, 844x898px
>>378045431
>Why waste any hours on any game?
asking the real questions
>>
>>378045982

There is no appeal to the legion unless you are retarded.
>>
>>377996265
>choosing based on what you would do rather than what your character would do

skyrim is that way
>>
>>378044432
>any mod ruins the vanilla experience
>what about making the game run better
>REEEE ANY MOD RUINS THE VANILLA EXPERIENCE
>>
>>378046114
Or you agree with Caesar that the last remnants of the Old World like the NCR need to be destroyed.
>>
>>377997504
this - the optimal future of the mojave is a collection of city states and towns independent of one another, only merging when the naturally develop into doing so through relations and trade
>>
File: steamstats.png (360KB, 874x458px) Image search: [Google]
steamstats.png
360KB, 874x458px
>>378046034
Because they're fun to play?
>>
File: 1495234861339.png (106KB, 2168x798px) Image search: [Google]
1495234861339.png
106KB, 2168x798px
>>378046114
Tribal people need governments that treat them like the tribals they are. The Legion does that.
>>
>>378046435

It's vanilla enhanced.
>>
>>378042849
>jsawyer
>autistic survival simulator
unless you're actually retarded no it's fucking not
>>
>>377996265
Am I the only one that thinks Yes Man ending was the worst of the bunch because of how foreboding his final remarks were?

>I programmed myself to be more assertive :D

Pretty much telling you to your fucking face that he's really going to be the one in charge, a soulless fucking automaton.

Your character is getting fucking used, and anyone that thinks their character is going to be le badass Vegas emperor is a total tool.
>>
>>378048229
>le
It was confirmed that Yes Man will be yours and yours only bitch forever.
>>
>>378000713
Because House is smarter than the courier, probably even at INT 10

Read any of the backstory about him, House is a kind of man who only comes around every few centuries. The courier is special no doubt, but he's no House.
>>
>>378003486
>>House
>>stubborn old man that wants the good old days to be real again
>>doesn't know how to let go...how to begin again

literally what the fuck are you talking about.

He's building a city state you actual faggot, that's a lot more practical than replicating the corrupt bureaucracy that lead the world to it's current state ingame, not to mention how incompetent and stretched thin it is.
>>
>>378048813
He just wants to keep Vegas in all its old world glory. Nothing else matters.
>>
>>378049140
You might not be aware, but Vegas is an international symbol.
So obviously it's profitable for him that tourists come to Vegas
>>
>>378023420
It's the only realistic option. Everything else falls into the hands of one person, a hostile AI, or god forbid the legion.
>>
>>378024892
It's easier to chose yourself over others.
>>
>>378000713
>his plans
bullshit

you also lack his experience, connections, and direct all-seeing eye across the wasteland. there is absolutely no indication that the Courier will be remotely as successful as House, who is a fucking genius and nearly omnipotent. Being his second in command means you can let him do his shit, while living in luxury and having nothing to worry about other than doing what you do best and killing people once in a while, maybe. Taking over New Vegas for yourself means you get the burden of running absolutely EVERYTHING, which one person no matter how talented is not going to be able to handle. To be remotely effective, you're going to have to delegate, and just because the Courier has the plot armor of being unstoppable because he's the player character doesn't mean his cronies will be similarly invincible.

If you actually thought about it, instead of being such a fucking lemming and seeing "you get to be in charge!!!" and rushing straight ahead for it, you would realize it's much preferable to settle for being second in command when the first in command is instantly capable of handling every bit of organization for you
>>
>>377996926
Legion's battle for the dam is more fun than the alternatives.
>>
File: 20170525212828_1.jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170525212828_1.jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
>find a lone Legionary fighting a lone Ranger outside Ranger Station Charlie
>Ranger with Caravan Shotgun, Decanus with .357 Magnum
>Decanus shoots the shotgun out of the Ranger's hands and easily guns him down before he recovers it
>mutters "they hardly even know how to fight" as he walks away without a care
>>
File: 1487353357605.png (255KB, 700x779px) Image search: [Google]
1487353357605.png
255KB, 700x779px
I want to _ug that robot
>>
>>378015161
So what?

One of the slave-trader guys says that his tribe was a bunch of degenerate nobodies who couldn't figure out how to wipe their own asses before Caesar came along
>>
>>377996265
>trusting the native population
>ever
>>
File: jovial_darkie.jpg (11KB, 180x241px) Image search: [Google]
jovial_darkie.jpg
11KB, 180x241px
>>377996265
>1 int 1 cha full retard unarmed/explosives character
>now saviour/leader of Vegas
>>
>>378051385
You and I played as vastly different couriers.

My courier was pretty much heralded by everyone but the powder gangers and the legion by the time it was over. He had solved everyones' problems. The fiends were scattered, the NCR was sucking his dick for fresh water.

You act like being mayor of a city where everyone is your friend is a herculean fucking effort.
>>
>>378016241

In a real RPG, one canon ending shouldn't be a thing.
Otherwise what's the fucking point of roleplaying?
>>
>>378015472
Not him but
>Do not use medical equipment despite it being plentiful
>Squander potential knowlage of the sciences for cannon fodder
>Equipment is is on average worse than NCR despite being fairly the same size
>Literal Spear Chuckers
>>
File: nv.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nv.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>378002380

It's FUN
>>
>>378015403
>the legion is like the ideal version of the united states

Said like a true brainwashed faggot

The NCR is closer to the modern USA
Independant is closer to Classic USA

The Legion/Caesar owns his legionnaries, they are his slaves
The USA abhors it, as the founding fathers described slavery as a hideous blot

Pick up a book /pol/fag
>>
>>378052706
>founding fathers hated slavery
>not enough to actually try to abolish it

lel.

Thats not even his point. The point is that everyone in Caesars legion is bred to love the legion and work at it as a whole. 50% of Americans hate America
>>
>>378052706
>as the founding fathers described slavery as a hideous blot
Not all of them. And even some that did own slaves themselves.
>>
>>378051725
AVE, TRUE TO CAESAR
>>
File: 1421376649772.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1421376649772.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>378052439
the mayor of a city where everyone but you is incapable of getting shit done and not one but two full sized armies are pissed the fuck off at you, yes

the NCR arent going to sit idly by forever, and then what are you going to do when they come back? wait for your AI companion (who, by the way, holds all the REAL power) to do all the heavy lifting when they just got done fucking everyone else they've come into contact with over, or run out and handle it yourself leaving your nation without a leader? what happens when a new Benny pops up and starts fucking you over? With the story of the game over, there's no reason to assume Courier still has plot armor, he's a human like anyone else, like he was before NV when he got blindsided and headshot by a couple of druggies and a prettyboy with a pistol

Now, what if i told you you could have all the benefits that come with being in charge, with none of the hassle of actually organizing and maintaining it yourself nor painting a big red target on your back, just by settling for "second in command" instead of going for TOP DOG just for the sentimental value of being TOP DOG? Yes, taking everything for yourself is a fucking retarded decision in comparison, because you gain absolutely nothing but sentiment and a shit ton more responsibility and danger
>>
>>378052520
>Equipment is is on average worse than NCR despite being fairly the same size
The Legion is 30-40 years old, while NCR is roughly 100 and has had the Gun Runners working alongside them for most of that century, the Gun Runners themselves lucking out during their formative years by finding a stockpile of military weapon blueprints to work from

There were a hell of a lot more tribals in Arizona than there were in California, so size has nothing to do with it
>>
Please recommend me a good explosives+repair build. Female if that has anything I've never played female so I don't know if they have any special perks.
>>
>>378053359
max explosives. max repair. throw bombs and shoot grenade launchers
>>
>>378004973
The mc in the fallout universe is never really normal if he has 10 int its like combining nikola telsa, Einstein, and hawking into one guy. If he has 100 in small firearms put simo hayha, basilone, and reeves into one guy. Basically he is beyond most mortal men when comes to anything
>>
>>378053359
>I don't know if they have any special perks.
Fire In The Hole: As a woman, you have more hiding places than men. As such, you can smuggle a single stick of dynamite past gun confiscating bouncers without having to pass a Sneak check.

Rank 2 upgrades to 2 sticks of dynamite or a hand grenade
>>
does anybody else get an urge to rape an enemy woman in Fallout after defeating them haha?
>>
>>378053294
Both you retards arguing what if's in a video game.
>>
>>378053294
>huhr duhr because there might be theoretical problems in the future, nobody has ever been mayor of a large city!!!!
On your planet, you probably would hail Mugabe as some supremely intelligent being.

The Kings had locked down Freeside. They were my friends. The Securitrons had locked down Vegas. They were under my command, and would likely be for 100 years.

NCR had brokered a treaty with me. I took out the Legion, but maybe, just MAYBE they didn't like that. Fuck em. If they want to take back Vegas, they'll have to come over the walls, while getting bombed to shit and back by the Boomers, the Brotherhood of Steel, Jacobstown, Novac, Primm, Goodsprings, and every other little village that saw me as their one true hope, all with their hopelessly spread-thin army. When they finally get in, they'll find themselves overrun with souped-up securitrons and getting blown to shit by an invincible courier that has mastered every weapon and fighting technique there is, employed with VATS, and loaded with 200 stimpacks and superstimpacks.

>Now, what if i told you you could have all the benefits that come with being in charge
I'm sure this argument was more familiar to you when some black guy said "Now what if I told you you could have all the benefits of being married to her, with none of the hassle of your wife not getting fucked by me!"
>>
File: 1485804604359.jpg (48KB, 446x434px) Image search: [Google]
1485804604359.jpg
48KB, 446x434px
>>378053754
Shut the fuck up and give me your head, Cook Cook.
>>
>>378026557
Which ones?
Facist Italy?
Getting bombed by the allies was great
>>
File: 1493218418476.jpg (123KB, 385x414px) Image search: [Google]
1493218418476.jpg
123KB, 385x414px
>>378052437
>>
>>378053838
>stupid lemming's choice of taking a whole lot of extra burden and responsibility for literally no gain is le cuck meme

I'm not sure why I even bothered trying to speak sense to you
>>
>>378031707
>you'll never be a cool old man cosplaying with your sons and your brother as legionaries
fuck life hurts.
>>
>>378054096
Could your post be any more Betamale?

You define the term. Your smugness about your cuckoldry is excellent punctuation.
>>
File: 1494799404384.png (26KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1494799404384.png
26KB, 510x546px
>>378036252
>okie dokie
What a fucking wimp.
>>
>>378053936
Only reason they were bombed, was because (((anglos))) were getting war hungry.
>>
>>378053336
Age doesnt mean shit
Caeser explicitly said he wants his people to be stupid to make them strong(Ignorance is strength! sounds familar...)

Considering they have their own inhouse trade system that spans from new vegas to near the Midwest Brotherhood I'm certain they could find something for their troops

Especially since higher ups have Anti Material rifles

But Caeser knows his weaknesses
If boomers or Enclave reminants attack he specifically tells his men not to fight back

He knows he is weak against real millitaries
>>
>>378054096
>Why go through all the hassle of doing something great when something that's "just okay" exists?
Because not everyone is as pathetic as you.
>>
>>378054373
>If boomers or Enclave reminants attack he specifically tells his men not to fight back
When does he say this?
>>
>Go to Black Mountain to do Crazy, Crazy, Crazy
>Rhonda isn't on the fucking table to repair for the best ending slide for Utobitha
There goes my fucking perfect playthrough once again. I'm probably going to kill myself, this is the 7th time something has fucked everything up and made me restart so I can try to redo it perfectly again. I did all the DLC's, collected all of the unique items, did all the challenges, and got all the best endings for the DLC's, I did most of the sidequests, filled most of my map and then this fucking happens. I have 125 hours on this fucking character, god damn. It's like the Men in Black came, kicked my door down, and just erased 5 full days of my life. FUCK this glitchy fucking shit, I'm so sick of some fucking bug undermining everything I work for.
>>
>>378007219
thinking about doing a jarhead play through with NCR next
>>
>>377997423
>Very smart but very egotistical at the same time. May have the best interest for his strip and himself, but little for the greater wasteland

>choosing house is bad because he might not care about areas outside of where he should care about

You some kind of globalist, boy?
>>
Whenever I see someone who doesn't understand the appeal of the Legion, I just assume that they are really, really dumb. Like honestly, you can boil it down to:

YES MAN: Fucking retarded

NCR: Idealogues subscribing to a flawed system and beginning to deal with those flaws

LEGION: Idealogues basing their ideology off of the quest to change the nature of man

HOUSE: Unapologetic pragmatism with all of the problems that implies (some people left behind / stomped on)
>>
>>378054373
>Age doesnt mean shit
What a retarded argument. Of course it fucking does. NCR has spent decades longer growing and building up supply networks and setting up large scale manufacturing systems. Caesar steamrolled a bunch of backward assholes in half the time and it's a miracle anything works as well as it does without a centralized government. His civilian population in the neutral towns isn't working to support the Legion like NCR's population feeds the Army, the Legion supports itself.

Caesar recognizes the Enclave Remnants for the elite soldiers they are and lets them be because hunting them down gains him absolutely nothing. The Boomers get let off because they're a bunch of dangerous xenophobes, even though the Legion is perfectly capable of taking Nellis AFB and does so in at least one ending.
>>
>>378013742
the legion are a bunch of idiot, overly violent and backwards roleplaying wank stains, but a couple generations of their rule would be enough to wipe raiders, drug addicts, and power hungry individuals off the earth and allow the area to rebuild.
they are a necessary evil
>>
File: 14425660236780.png (41KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
14425660236780.png
41KB, 240x240px
Good: House
Neutral: NCR
Bad: Independent
Awful: Legion

The only true rating.
>>
>>378054639
>perfect playthrough doesn't involve cleansing the wasteland of mutie scum

How pedestrian.
>>
>>378052439
>You and I played as vastly different couriers.

Mary Sue Courier posters are the worst.
>>
>>378054639
Is this going to be a new pasta like that stupid one about Big Iron being some metaphor for NCR?
>>
>>378055121
People arguing over what if's in video games are the worst.
>>
File: 1493221987885.jpg (78KB, 639x849px) Image search: [Google]
1493221987885.jpg
78KB, 639x849px
>>378054639
>He doesn't know how to use the console or FNVEdit
>>
>>378055046
>>378055059
You guys are retarded. The Legion is the Fallout-world equivalent of neo-marxists in their quest to change man in order to pave the way for a utopia which could otherwise not exist.

>wah slavery is bad!
>wah no gunz!
>wah they iz violent!
>wah they iz dumm!!

Did you even play the fucking game?
>>
File: Here is one.png (65KB, 854x120px) Image search: [Google]
Here is one.png
65KB, 854x120px
>>378054525
Its in one of the ending slides

In another slide they eventually bump heads with the legion only winning by throwing huge amount of men against them(Remember, there is only about 8 boomers)
>>
File: Follows-Chalk.png (256KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
Follows-Chalk.png
256KB, 600x496px
what fate did you decide for him? did you tell him to explore or to stay?

and also, what is the best ending for lily?
>>
>>378055364
Lily has no best ending. Being Lily is suffering.
>>
>>378046819
Where you a mod in a shit TF2 Jailbreak server perhaps? Used to have a friend with these same statistics a while back.
>>
>>378055364
>What fate did you decide for him?
I told that savage to stay put so that the Legion could come and slaughter him when it was time.

>best ending for Lily
Aside from killing her? I took her off of the meds on my Legion character to help in my quest to stigmatize the mutants and give more of an excuse/motivation to cleanse them from the wastes.
>>
File: ozymandias.jpg (50KB, 300x495px) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias.jpg
50KB, 300x495px
>>378055327
>The Legion is the Fallout-world equivalent of neo-marxists
you're going to have to elaborate
>>
>>378032856
It comes with te territory.
You can hate a dude fir only so long in this hub of contrarian beta and omega males.

It just happens naturally when 95% of you ego consists of sucking yourself of in your intellectual masturbatorium.

The truth is that great rpgs will always be rare because their fan base has aids in the brain.
>>
Can someone explain to me why house wants you to save president kimball? I dont see how it benefits him in any way yet its a quest for him
>>
>>378054963
The NCR is and always will be slapped together

If you played fallout 2 you'd realize that while they might exist, they didn't just pop into existance but survived against enclave and brotherhood making their prospective growth very slow but steady

Caeser was/is brilliant and fought tribals, with no other forces outside BoS midwest(Though no records of them fighting) meaning they lived in a bubble all things considered

They WILLFULLY throw away technology that could help them, Thats the ENTIRE POINT of them

This is the downfall ultimately, because they have no marketable skills besides invading and if they run out of space to invade it crumbles

The NCR is shit, but they are more diverse in skill set than the legion, and would be closer to a "normal society" than the legion as the legion would literally make us reinvent the wheel when its not needed

Also if the Midwest brotherhood ever wanted to, they'd show the legion how retarded they are with 30,000 guys in power armor facerolling them
>>
>>378055327
Did you? Caesar literally has brain cancer. He dies, Legion dissolves into warmongering tribes.

Anarchy is guaranteed failure, with no rules, but no advancement whatsoever.

Legion is a guaranteed failure as well, but worse thanks to all the violence that will come.

NCR is 50\50. Maybe they will rebuild, maybe they will fall because of all the corruption.

House is the only one who actually has a plan, calculated years ahead.
>>
>>378055364
>>378055454
Lily's best ending is taking her meds and moving on. Her grandkids are dead, Fallout 1 was 120 years ago
>>
File: mapofnv.jpg (141KB, 736x754px) Image search: [Google]
mapofnv.jpg
141KB, 736x754px
>>377996265
Pick NCR if you
>hearken for the old world
>believe that NCR's size and resources are the best for the Mojave
>like to play soldier
Pick Legion if you believe
>that NCR old-world ideals will inevitably lead to another apocalypse
>believe that uniting people under strict autocracy betters the survival of mankind
>like to play Roman
Pick House if you
>want to do your job as a Courier
>believe the future of mankind as a whole is more important than political squabbles
>like to play right-hand man
Pick Independent NV if you
>don't give a shit about any of the above
>think that the Mojave has the right to choose its own destiny for itself
>hate being told what to do, except by robots
>>
>>378043057
>45-1hour
Try ten fucking minutes im tired of trying to make this shit work fuck windows 10.
>>
File: 1480092774819.jpg (12KB, 237x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480092774819.jpg
12KB, 237x200px
>>378054270
>again falling back to "y-yeah, you're a cuck!"

I wish i could be around to see the situations your brainless mindset gets you into in the future. It's a stretch to even call you sentient. You see shiny, you go for shiny, even if everyone will start trying to kill you for shiny and it holds no actual, genuine value. You're a monkey, anon.
>>
>>378055286
doesn't using console break achievements or something? for someone with this much autism that they restarted 8 times (presumably deleting their character each time), they probably wouldn't want to use the console as it would stain the playthroughs "purity"
>>
File: 1347827366029.png (177KB, 364x375px) Image search: [Google]
1347827366029.png
177KB, 364x375px
>>378055740
>So why don't you want the NCR President to die?
>{Oh, the burdens of intelligence} Kimball's entire political career is inextricably bound up with the NCR's occupation of the Mojave. It's his war.
>If I compell the NCR to retreat, Kimball will be the sacrifice offered to the gods, so decent NCR citizens can get on with their lives.
>In retrospect, the Mojave and Hoover Dam will seem like one man's misadventure. Kimball will be blamed, not me. Not New Vegas.
>>
>>378055756
This

Hes effectively immortal, and is thinking pretty far ahead and actually has a track record on stopping a WORLD POWER's nukes on his own

Thats pretty fucking impressive all things considered, with only the BoS, Enclave, Insitute and those brains in the BigMT doing anything similar

When it comes down to it, NCR are low tech modern USA, and legion are dumb as rock spear chuckers
>>
Legion was the only faction that had a vision for the future, and felt like they truly wanted to create a better wasteland.

The NCR caked their pants so hard that they stagnated indefinitely. They hadn't expanded in who knows how long, and they couldn't even handle their one job of 'keeping NV safe.' Their higher ups were more focused on giving totally pointless as fuck speeches to the troops instead of actually solving problems. Even if they had somehow managed to drive the Legion of out the Mojave, they would have taken at least twenty years just to recover back to their already shitty state. By that point the Legion would have regrouped and been primed to obliterate them.

House is a retard. His ending even states that New Vegas was cold and harsh after his rule, much like 1984. They would have eventually rebelled, or everyone would have left. Even assuming neither of these things happened, NV would have no chance for growth or expansion. They would remain a shitty little gambling town until some bigger guy came along and annexed them.

Same goes for independent. Seems great at first, but there's no plan for the future. No leadership coupled with an ever-thinning Securitron army would eventually lead to a total standstill, resulting in mass migration or eventual hostile takeover.

The Legion wanted to unify the wasteland, and was already making great progress. Dialogue with various Legion NPCs state that their tribes were awful little groups of savages until Caesar unified them. Justifying slavery and crucifixion is hard, because society now deems those things evil. But post-nuclear annihilation, those options were probably the most utilitarianism choice.
>>
>>378055364
fuck this character, my hate for him lead to me discovering the "escape zion" quest for when you kill someone "important"
>hahaha whoa me dumb savage so me not know how to use contractions
>me not understand you civilized people concepts haha thunder lizard paper squares whoa
>muh rituals (he wasnt that bad on this but his self righteousness in continuing to point out that he doesnt buy into that shit was possibly worse)
i hate how every alien/tribal character boils down to this
>>
>>378056086
>Legion was the only faction that had a vision for the future, and felt like they truly wanted to create a better wasteland.
Not true, House exists.

I even like the Legion and I stopped reading there.
>>
>>378055909
Continue licking boots and telling us that you do it for the flavor. You're not fooling anyone but yourself. All machines need cogs, though, so keep up the good work.
>>
>>378056086
>Only ones that a vision
NCR wants to annex it, just like Legion
House wanted to go to space

Caeser knows his legion is/will fall apart if he dies
He stated that he needs the legion to transform to lording over a peaceful civilian empire(hence the bid for NV) and thus if he fails, its game over(as he is on the brink of death)

This is proven if Legate takes it over, as he just murders everyone rather than do as Casear pleases...Almost like the actual Roman empire
Fun fact, Hes getting pretty close to dead/already dead
>>
>>378055657
Marxists (of the "intellectual" flavor) realized after the numerous failures of communism that the utopia is unobtainable without first changing the nature of man. The problems that communism always faces are not an intrinsic flaw of the systems themselves, but of the men that inhabit them. Therefore, by removing the weaknesses that fell the systems, the systems will work perfectly.

In a nutshell. Caesar hints at this when he brings up Hegelian dialectics.

>>378055756
> Caesar literally has brain cancer.
Cure it, retard. Boom, problem solved.
>Legion dissolves into warmongering tribes.
[citation needed]

>Legion is a guaranteed failure
[citation needed]

>NCR is 50\50
You give the republic that is based on trade while having no stable centralized currency and holds too much land to police while dealing with rampant corruption and cronyism a 50/50 shot? Are you this much of a Stan?

>House is the only one who actually has a plan, calculated years ahead.
House is a Machiavellian which works very well in most encounters but he has proven that he isn't always correct (remember how that platinum chip got lost in the first place? It was because he was wrong.) The player character is also a free radical that he can't control, which further undermines his credibility as "all-seeing overlord." He's a gamble.

For adults, the question will always be House versus Legion. Let the children play at the other factions.
>>
>>378041336
do a vanilla playthrough with gameplay fix mods if you need them
then mod in quests like the bounty hunter series by someguy2000
>>
>>378054917
>Whenever I see someone who doesn't understand the appeal of the Legion

The Legion makes no sense for anyone who has even the slightest bit of self-interest.

Caesar has no problem punishing anyone who works for him if they fail. It is putting yourself in danger to help him.

He power trips as much as House, but the deal he gives you is worse. With House you at least get to be his second and live like a King. With Caesar you're just a merc and your reward is getting your face on a coin.

He also has literal brain damage and will sperg out if you bother him while he has his "headache" and order you killed.
>>
>>378056934
Gee willy willikers it's almost like you're adhering to a cause higher than your mere survival and are instead working for a better future!

How's that preconventional morality working for you, kid?
>>
>>378056560
>Cure brain cancer
With what? Fucking magic?

it can't be done even with Enclave technology
Hes going to die eventually because
>Tumor grows back
>already pretty old and might die
What then

>legion disolves into warmongering tribes
>Caesar states that he worried about this, and insubornation

>Legion is a guranteed failure
Caesar wants to lord over NV fairly peaceful while enslaving some to use for fodder
Legate burns the fucking place to the ground
Who's the winner here?

>NCR 50/50
Not him but it doesn't have any serious overlooming crisis outside the war
House specifically said that NCR people would look at it as a "Misadventure" and Sawyer(the guy who wrote the game) said its not exactly dire for the NCR to lose, but it would be some "Dark times ahead" type situation

>House is a gamble
This is true, but all are gambles
Considering the large factions are stagnent to going to war to reinvent the wheel I'd gamble that House would the best as he
>Knows technology is great
>is generally right about everything
>Effectively immortal, meaning he's going to stick around for a long time without worry of succession
Assuming the Courier is loyal, House makes an effective case for Paternal Autocrat, but ONLY because
>He doesn't care about politics
>only cares about pulling mankind out of the gutter imperically, not subjectively(Doesn't care about who dicks what, just wants to get out of the wasteland)
>Serious concern for increasing the technological assets mankind has
>Large amount of pre war knowlage/high technical skill being able to destroy internal threats in literal seconds(Follower's bug in the Lucky 38)

Now there are some issues with house, but House vs Legion its not even close, Legion has a metric shit ton of hurdles and Occam's razor is right
>>
>>378056560
>Cure it, retard. Boom, problem solved.
>implying any of the meatheads in the Legion have the know-how of curing brain cancer
>>
>>378056934
Caesar pays you every three days with Legion money and boxes of stuff he has no use for. He gives you far more than any of the other factions will

He's not a particularly hard man to read, either. By the time you've finished your first conversation you should know that while he's fucking full of himself he's also the undisputed lord of everyone around him and is both willing and able to have you punched into Courier tartar on a word. Take your cue from the people around him and don't mention it
>>
File: 46725907.png (288KB, 450x442px) Image search: [Google]
46725907.png
288KB, 450x442px
>>378036252
>>
>implying legion would actually collapse without caeser
>what is the transfer of power

Legate Lanius would be the next in line, whether it be by ceremony or by force. He'd immediately swoop in and take control, and he'd do it well b ecause Legate Lanius is an absolutely brutal cold motherfucker. Anyone who would try to rebel would be immediately crucified.

I'm not defending Caeser here, but to say that the entire legion is gonna flip when he dies is stupid. As long as Lanius is alive when it happens, the Legion will live on.
>>
>>378057238
Not him but
>Trusting a brutal warlord who claims of moral high ground

Would you believe in an african warlord if he told you this shit?

The only "positives" that the legion has is because its a millitary, not because of moral or just reasons

Caesar has said, straight from his mouth that his current incarnation of the legion sucks balls, Hence him wanting to build a new legion and a new nation

Since Caesar is dying(of cancer or old age, your choice) we get an insight into his number two would be

Legate, who is a straight up lunatic that just wants to murder everything because lolmurder

Literally any faction is better then Legion
Fuck I'd rather take BoS or the Enclave than a society built around destroying every useful tool mankind has ever made because >reasons
>>
>>378057569
>being dumb

The point is that Lanius couldn't lead the Legion and would cause its collapse. Caesar himself calls the Legate a mad dog who has no love for his Legion.
>>
>>378030467
Its not even properly cut, if you have subtitles on you still get it.
>>
>>378057847
>Would you believe in an african warlord if he told you this shit?
that's the funniest thing about legionfags, since they're mostly in it for the edge factor, they'd absolutely hate it and shitpost about it in every thread if eddie was black
>>
>>377996265
Why would I pick independent when I would do the exact same thing that House does?
>>
>>378057978
>Caesar himself calls the Legate a mad dog who has no love for his Legion.

And why does that mean he can't lead it? If anything that just means that Lanius would go even farther to ensure his victory as he has no withdrawals from sending men to their death.

Has no one considered that Caesar is adopting a Megalomaniac attitude and he just thinks "OH UH YA IM THE ONLY ONE WORTHY TO LEAD SO THIS LEGION IS FUCKED WHEN I DIE"
>>
File: 1482370755862.jpg (6KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
1482370755862.jpg
6KB, 250x164px
>>378005057
>-karma
>>
>>378016241

>implying Obsidian wouldn't have been creative enough to make it so, that every ending would've been the same in the end
>>
>>378057468
>With what? Fucking magic?
75 Medicine skill, retard.

>Tumor grows back
>already pretty old and might die
What then

The quest reads "Use the Auto-Doc to cure Caesar." Cure. Not treat. Cure. Stop trying this angle, you lost.

>>Caesar states that he worried about this, and insubornation
Worry != inevitable conclusion. Caesar is actively working to make sure this doesn' happen.

>Who's the winner here?
Please re-word this to be comprehensible.

>it doesn't have any serious overlooming crisis outside the war
The gold backing their currency is gone and they're corrupt as all hell. I would call that a crisis.

>This is true, but all are gambles
Which is why I enjoy discussing the game, I just consider House and Legion to be the most sensible gambles, with the Legion being the more noble of the two.

>Assuming the Courier is loyal
I don't want to overdo the reply, but Ulysses touches on this with... well, his entire character. He talks at length about how much impact one individual can have on the grand scale, how much one person not doing what was expected can fuck everything up or make everything better. What's to say there isn't another person with the will to match that of the Courier, considering Caesar, House, Ulysses, and Benny (arguably) all had just as much will to change the world? It's silly.

>>378057480
M E D I C I N E
7 5

>>378057847
>Would you believe in an african warlord if he told you this shit?
I would think about what he said, yes. Terrible analogy because Caesar is absolutely not analogous to an African warlord.

Not responding to your other content because it's dumb as hell and I've addressed it already.

>Literally any faction is better then Legion
You are a child.
>>
>>378057480
>>378057468
It's not necessarily "cancer" but a tumor, and the courier cures it before the game is over.

Did you fags even play NV?
>>
>>378057569
But if Lanius takes over, The legion becomes nothing more than a mace that is used to hit societies with, eventually they will run out of space to invade then 180 and hit the east midwest brotherhood and then the east coast brotherhood

And if you played tactics
They ain't getting very far even with all those men
>>
>>378058367
>>378057569
Lanius is a general and the only man who could lead the Legion as an army after the death of Caesar but he can't replace him.

Caesar gave the Legion direction and purpose. He kept his goals of "merging" with NCR to himself. Lanius has done nothing but follow Caesar's orders, he hasn't been groomed as an heir, he doesn't care about the Legion as anything beyond an extension of his own legend. He's the Monster of the East, undefeated in battle. If he ever gets the Legion together enough to take the fight back to California, it will be to avenge the stain to his honour for defeating him. Not because he wants to butcher Hegelian Dialectics and create a new hybrid nation.

Lanius is a general. War is all he cares about. And the Legion is rapidly approaching the size where nothing but constant war will destroy it rather than sustain it.
>>
>>378058838
>But if Lanius takes over, The legion becomes nothing more than a mace that is used to hit societies with, eventually they will run out of space to invade then 180 and hit the east midwest brotherhood and then the east coast brotherhood

Sounds like an absolute win too me.

>And if you played tactics
>They ain't getting very far even with all those men
I'm actually curious as to the power they have. What could possibly stop an absolutey MASSIVE LEGION of soldiers? It'd be like the entire US Population against a single organization at that point, with Caeser enslaving everyone and breeding completely new warriors.
>>
>>378055327
did you even read my fucking post? the Legion is more like Qin Shi Huang trying to unify China; no one wants them, but once it happens people will be more open to bettering the land
>>
>>378058930
>Lanius is a general.
He is a general. Not a centurion and not a legionnaire. He's in charge of an empire's army, not the tactics of a battle. He worries more about mustering troops and setting supply lines than your typical rank-and-file. He leads from the front, but he's ultimately the best in the group to tackle the concept of governance.

Remember -- you can talk him out of the attack.
>>
>>378059230
Sorry friend, looks like I misread it.
>>
>>378058771

It could be cancer. It's never really stated.

Of course he doesn't have to die from anything related to his tumor. He could just die from another unrelated illness in the future considering he's retarded and prevents anyone from learning about modern medicine. If he ever gets sick again, no one will have the knowledge required to help him (the auto-doc explicitly doesn't cure everything and is apparently unable to help Arcade).
>>
>>378058838
>couldn't hold HELIOS ONE against some undertrained soldiers that didn't even want to be there
>could totally hold out against thousands of extremely motivated legionaries

Yeah okay.
>>
>>378058739
Take courier and Ganon out of the equation
Whos going to cure him?
hes ~60 years old in a nuclear wasteland with no long term medical care
if he gets another ailment he's screwed(even more so if his one life line, the auto doc breaks)

>Casear states that is worried about insubornation
For his namesake he has a right to be, but more so if he alters the legion to comform to his true idea they might not accept it, since they wonder why these civilians have a better life than they do

>please reword this
Sorry for your low IQ
Caesar dies of old age= Lanius takes charge
If Caesar dies during NV and Lanius wins, He burns down New Vegas, Caesar enslaves somes and peacefully lords over the rest(as he said he would so he can transform the legion)

Caesar is on a death clock, if he can not transform the legion in time, Lanius will take over and Lanius has no interest in philosphy

>They are corrupt as hell and no gold backing
Worst things have happened to nations
Its not a good
>>378013564
The creator himself stated that many people who assume NCR is fucked are overreacting, as the NCR has already an alternative sans a legion take over

>Someone else could influence the world
This is true, but thats so open ended its impossible to directly tell the future

>Thats a terrible analogy
No it isn't

What has Caesar done imperically speaking versus what he says hes going to do

All he has done is
>Murder tribals
>enslave them
>Tell them to reject technology with exceptions
>invade more places to repeat the cycle

Imperically speaking he is no better than any polititican that waffles on about how hes going to do good and morally justifies his genocide

He isn't morally stronger than his opponents, hes more effective at murder than his opponents

We and he both know his Legion is a bastard version of real rome, and worshiping his feet/ideas is laughable because hes no more than an extremely well organized raider cult
>>
>>378059503
The Legion is a nomadic army. The vast majority of it is there, massing around Fortification Hill and down the Colorado. There's no raiders in Arizona, no supply lines to protect.

He pulls back because you convince him that, as the Legion is right now, the Mojave will only kill it slowly over time. Which, as the undefeated Legate, he cannot abide. As Ulysses says, and gives you a new way to convince him to leave, you're appealing to his pride.
>>
>>378060047
>Take courier and Ganon out of the equationWhos going to cure him?
The Followers of the Apocalypse.
>>
>>377996265
Childhood is going for an Independent New Vegas. Adulthood is realizing the NCR is the only real option.
>>
>>378058427
karma never made any fucking sense to me. it's such a retarded concept. it's fucking wasteland, nobody is supposed to know what some random fuckwit did. It never made sense to me in any game of the series. Especially when I'm doing something that isn't seen by anyone. The world is morally grey anyway, there is no good or bad, really
>>
>>378059992
>>378014095
The Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel is a wasteland nation in its own right with an army of humans, ghouls and super mutants with military equipment up to and including tanks.
>>
lasers or explosives /v/? Which one will it be.
>>
>>378058739

Contiuned from>>378060047

The problem is that they have no real code of ethics rather than beating man down
I hate to break it to you, the wasteland does that good enough

If we compare them to literally any faction they are shit

>West Coast BoS
Assholes but tend to stick to their own
Wiped out Enclave and The Master
>NCR
Corrupt beyond belief but has somewhat of a realistic long term plan, even if it isn't that good
>House
Uplifited tribals without killing them, driving out both factions and developing Vegas
>Midwest brotherhood
Literally saved mankind from The Calculator
>Enclave
Its like legion, but more efficent and justifiable(argubly)
>East Coast brotherhood
Eliminated Super mutant threat
Eliminated Insitute threat

>Insitute
Ram raiding the Commonwealth, but at the very least use it for advanced technology

List keeps going, with only microfactions that typically stemming from raiders being worse than Legion
>>
File: 1451497418284.png (85KB, 279x192px) Image search: [Google]
1451497418284.png
85KB, 279x192px
I must have done "Come Fly with Me" a dozen times and still haven't gotten the achievement
>>
>>378060283
Because they would totally help a person that completely goes against their code of ethics

Even if Caesar was one once, that doesn't mean they would save him
>>
>>378059992
>Midwest brother hood
>30,000 men with power armor
>airships
>armies of sentient Deathclaws
>ghouls and supermutants in their ranks
>land size comparable to legion territory
>holds around 10-12 cities
>if it got bad pick up the phone and call east coast to help out
Legion would be destroyed in months
>>
>>378060283
>The Followers of the Apocalypse.
the problem there is that Caesar aims to destroy a lot of pre-war teck and murder alot of fucking people. why would a organisation that wants to recover and preserve science to help people ever help him?
>>
File: GreatKhans.png (196KB, 508x480px) Image search: [Google]
GreatKhans.png
196KB, 508x480px
>>378060605
>they would totally help a person that completely goes against their code of ethics
>>
>>378055842
Well he told you exactly how to get it to work on Windows 10. Perhaps try that.
>>
>>378052706
>The Legion/Caesar owns his legionnaries
That's wrong.
Legion is successful facism shaped by the hard times.
It encompasses the 3 sentences of Fascism
>All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state
>Legion is the highest priority of its people
>All who oppose them are destroyed and assimilated into it
>>
File: Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg (251KB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg
251KB, 734x950px
I was thinking about doing a RP run in new vegas as Emperor of Mankind.
Any suggestion other than maxing out all S.P.E.C.IA.L for maximum immersion?
>>
>>378061049
Right in the intro cinematic of the game the Legion is called "a vast army of slaves"
>>
File: IMG_0588.png (375KB, 1815x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0588.png
375KB, 1815x975px
Holy shit /v/ if you hold forward attack with this and go in any direction you'll fly across the screen. If you time it right you can even leap forward and the backwards
>>
>>377997565
I think you have no idea what cuck even means.
You don't even get romantically involved with her you idiot
>>
>>378061153
get GRA's Gehenna as soon as possible, walk in power armor with Valence headgear.
>>
>>378060737
because they're tentative allies.
>>
>>378060047
>Take courier and Ganon out of the equation
Absolutely not because the player character influencing the future of the Mojave is the fucking crux of the entire goddamn game. That's absurd.

>Caesar dies of old age= Lanius takes charge
This operates under the assumption that nothing would happen between [now] and [dying of old age] that would change either the line of succession or Lanius' views. This is not a valid assumption. Things change.

>if he can not transform the legion in time
>if
Your argument should center around _why_ this goal is not realistic (in your opinion). This is your central point and you don't seem to realize it. Argue better.

>many people who assume NCR is fucked are overreacting
This is because they wrote good characters who think like actual people. It doesn't mean that the NCR death spiral doesn't exist, just that it might be slower than many believe.

>No it isn't
Yes, it is. Does this really need to be explained to you?

>no more than an extremely well organized raider cult
Yeah bro! Just a couple o' raiders trying to unify mankind and change the nature of man in order to pave a more perfect future in which to rebuild! Raiders bro!

Stop being dumb. Open your heart to the Legion.

>>378060505
>they have no real code of ethics rather than beating man down
[laughs]
>>
>>378055740
House tells you that if you ask but sure.
Once Mojave Campaign falls on its face someone will be to blame, if Legion goons snipe him in Mojave (House's territory, because when you're a NCR citizen you think Mojave - New Vegas) He'll become a martyr and they'll stop gambling their life away because EBIL HOUSE KILLED OUR PRESIDENT
when he lives and the war fails, he'll get impeached or forced to step down, while Lee Oliver (if survives) is LITERALLY ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: RECONNECTED.png (68KB, 858x145px) Image search: [Google]
RECONNECTED.png
68KB, 858x145px
>>378060802
>Great khans
Its fairly strange they would ally, but note this

They RECONNECTED
I haven't played NV in awhile but its pretty interesting to see where they lie historically speaking

That said Great khans are indeed raiders but since they move to wyoming to were they side with the followers it makes an interesting case as to how/why/ what kind of society they are/form in wyoming
>>
>>378060545
I just did it today again and got no achievement, realized I had to tcl earlier when I glitched through a rock. I have 250 hours in NV on steam but only 10 achievements because of stuff like this.
>>
>>378061439
please explain
>>
>>378056009
>only the BoS, Enclave, Insitute and those brains in the BigMT doing anything similar
Hardly
>BoS hoards shit to "preserve" and they feel entitled as remnants of the governments
>Enclave Saved themselves and kinda people in vaults
>Institute is pants on head retarded
>Big MT tried, but problems outpaced the solutions, and while fission based post-scarcity food constructors would've been great, they entered testing phase by the time army had to shoot up people rioting for food
>>
>>378058486
the ending slides confirm this not to be the case. The only way around would be some ass-pull like the enclave bomb the mojave so whatever happened it ended up in ruins and with everyone dead anyway
>>
>>378061339
Tri valence or standard?I might also get purifier as a perk, any other suggestions?
>>
>>378061637

I don't understand why cheevos are affected by stuff like this and mods. The devs who decide this are dumb.
>>
>>378061579
It's "reconnected" because the Great Khans and the Followers have hooked up before. The Followers taught them to make chems because the Khans were living in squalor and their own filth, and then the Khans used than knowledge to become drug dealers.

And then they travel up to Wyoming and find some new Followers who haven't heard about what they did to the Mojave, only this time the Followers teach them much more. "Mighty empire" doesn't exactly sound like they did something good with that knowledge, either.
>>
>>378061759
Caesar grew up as one, so he admires them. They're uncomfortable about the relationship, but ultimately they would provide the medical expertise if he asked them for it and properly rewarded them for it.
>>
>>378061049

Read

>>378061181

Caesar knows what made, and he functions very similar to Roman dictatorships, not modern facism

Facism blurs the line of civilian and millitary
There is no line with the Legion

Traders are not part of the legion, but are allowed to operate in them

The people are the legion,there is nothing else

>All those who oppose them will be destroyed
Historically a bad idea, for more reasons than one

Face it
If a single legionare speaks out against casear he kills them
Legion has no automy, their wifes are chosen, their skills they develop are chosen and what they say, act, do are all chosen

He's a empire of human drones
>>
>>378062203
That's not what I'd call "allies", tentative or otherwise.

Caesar would accept the help of a Follower as a trained medical practitioner and the Follower would help because I'm fairly sure they take the Hippocratic Oath
>>
>>378053589
>Fire In The Hole: As a woman, you have more hiding places than men. As such, you can smuggle a single stick of dynamite past gun confiscating bouncers without having to pass a Sneak check.
Is that real? If so that's amazing; I've never heard of it.
>>
>>378061948
Trivalence

also
Stonewall
Terrifying Presence
Piercing Strike
Pyromaniac
Unstoppable Force
Slayer
Nerves of Steel
Bloody Mess

Side with Brotherhood on everything
>>
>>378062568
Besides the Omertas and the Khans, the Followers are the closest things to allies that the Legion has without Courier interference. If the Legion win, the Followers and Legion nod to each other while the Followers leave peacefully.
>>
>>378061501
>its absurd to take courier out of the equation
Courier goes any direction, Literally
its a wildcard that no one can concretely link to one side, because it'd be a tipping point
We'd have to assume if courier didn't exist

>This will assume change the line of succession or lanius's views

A change in sucession would cause a change but we don't know who would replace them, but my main point is that only casear and a few others actually KNOW about rome, Casear stated he picked something alien on purpose, Lanius knows NOTHING of ancient rome and how Casear wants to build it up

To him, the Legion is simply to murder everything as seen in the events of NV being taken by Lanius, not Casear

>Why can't he change it
Because hes a man out of time, The average human lives to 70-80 years old with modern tech
Hes around ~60 years old and has a tumor(s) meaning he could get some other ailment that might decline his health or his capacity to lead
Do you rrealistically think he can instill the knowlage of ancient rome and philosphy on a society that has literally built up to do nothing but smash old world beliefs and retain 100% loyalty

Do you think Lanius could identify everything he did wrong and build upon it? Legion does not half self reflection and doesn't allow mistakes, I.E Graham getting his ass on fire

Casear banks on peacefully lording over a civilian empire until his troops get soft enough to instill real Roman ethics into them, Something that would take a generation or two at the best

>Many people assume NCR is screwed
I know, NCR isn't screwed sans a Legion invasion, they knew that if they fail to take the Dam they will buy the resorces from House

>Change the nature of man
Communists attempt the same thing
Wonder why they keep failing?
You can't change the causes of man being man
if you could, mankind would have changed to prevent the Great War from happening in the first place
The ENTIRE point of the fallout series is that war NEVER changes
>>
>>378063003
Caesar marches it and tells them to fuck off. They don't want to go but leave anyway because they know better than to refuse what is certainly a one time offer of amnesty.
>>
>>378063003
i really can't believe what you say just because of what arcade says about the legion.
>>
>>378061501
>No code of ethics
What ethics do they provide that a common raider doesn't have

Tactics and effecient killing isn't ethics

Name three Roman republican values that Casear has taught The Legion

Also

War never changes, that the entire point of the game
Mankind never changes and can never change
This is why ideologues are doomed to fail

We have evolved to be jealous and selfish to keep our ancient tribes alive, its in our bones
>>
>>378063279
>Name three Roman republican values that Casear has taught The Legion
Honestas, Industria, Prudentia

Did you ask for three knowing that Canyon Runner names them when he tells you why he thinks enslaving people is good for them?
>>
>>378063185

This. Lanius isn't as merciful as Caesar straight-up slaughters them instead.
>>
>>378063185
>After the Legion's victory, Caesar, out of a strange respect for his old fellows, allowed the Followers safe passage out of the wasteland.
exact text from the game.
>>
>>378063097
>its a wildcard that no one can concretely link to one side, because it'd be a tipping point
....yeah, that's the point of the game. Is this a real argument?

>A change in sucession would cause a change but we don't know who would replace them, but my main point is that only casear and a few others actually KNOW about rome, Casear stated he picked something alien on purpose, Lanius knows NOTHING of ancient rome and how Casear wants to build it up
>To him, the Legion is simply to murder everything as seen in the events of NV being taken by Lanius, not Casear
Are you _assuming_ that Caesar would never, ever think to either pick a new successor or just start grooming Lanius? Seems a bit of a lip. A huge leap, actually.

Thread will 404 but until next time
>>
>>378063603
>Reluctantly, the Followers accepted the offer and abandoned Old Mormon Fort to the Legion.

Hmmm
>>
>>378063721
What other faction was given the same offer?

They were all either butchered or assimilated. The way Caesar treats the Followers is completely unique.
>>
>>378063603

If you think that means the Followers and Legion are "allies" you are either retarded or are ESL and have a limited grasp on English.
>>
>>378063868
He gives them a break because he owes everything he is to the Followers and decides he can be merciful this one time

That's it
>>
>>378063886
>>378064063
Where are you fellows on the autism spectrum? Far enough along that you think a word like "allies" has a set-in-stone parameters/rules of thumb, apparently.

Perhaps you should consider historic allies on this planet, and realize that not all alliances are completely symbiotic, but often frought with violence, infighting, misunderstandings, and end in total bloodshed.
>>
>>378063416
Thats roman empire, and those are just words
>Honestas
Yes, they were so honest to the Khans when they took them into the Legion, killed the eldery, enslaved the women and used the men as meat shields

Everything the Khans didn't want

>industra
They reject technology

>prudentia
They do not have education

Let me show you a thing

>At the height of the Roman Republic and later the Roman Empire, the Roman educational system gradually found its final form. Formal schools were established, which served paying students; very little that could be described as free public education existed.[2] Both boys and girls were educated, though not necessarily together.[2]

In a system much like the one that predominates in the modern world, the Roman education system that developed arranged schools in tiers. The educator Quintilian recognized the importance of starting education as early as possible, noting that "memory ... not only exists even in small children, but is specially retentive at that age".[3] A Roman student would progress through schools just as a student today might go from primary school to secondary school and then to college. They were generally exempted from studies during the market days which formed a kind of weekend on every eighth day of the year.[4] Progression depended more on ability than age[2] with great emphasis being placed upon a student's ingenium or inborn "gift" for learning,[5] and a more tacit emphasis on a student's ability to afford high-level education.

Rome LOVED indivisualism, this is why they mirrored their ideas from the greeks, however the Legion disregards every from meds, technology, education

Casear's Legion(showing ownership) is just that
Casear has these retards on a leash and rewards them with futuristic knowlage when he feels fit

Hes not breeding a next generation of enlightment thinkers, hes breeding spear chuckers
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.