[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games that made you give up on western devs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg (181KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg
181KB, 1200x630px
ITT: games that made you give up on western devs
>>
>interesting enough singleplayer
>cool looking gear
>tasty animations/executions
>excellent combat
>you're only as good as you practice to be, some high level with crazy gear can still suck if they don't bother learning how to guard break, parry, or even just not stand with their back against a ledge
>painfully shitty servers/connection
All in all I enjoyed it, was well made and fun, had great potential but the devs decided to focus on everything except servers and connections.

It's bittersweet that the playerbase is so low now but at least the only people still there are dedicated people that actually enjoy the game so fights are engaging and fun and all the kids that kept crying just because they didn't bother learning the basics of combat are gone
>>
>>377997581
If it goes f2p I expect a solid player base for a while
>>
>>377997754
this. but its ubishit, so not bloody likely. Maybe a very limited "starter" pack.
>>
>>377997581
Make sure you add
>Exploits/bugs that the devs take forever to fix
>Questionable-to-downright-terrible balance decisions

It's still really fun to watch though.
>>
>>377999671
>It's still really fun to watch though.

No
>>
>>377997581
>>377999671
Have PKs been nerfed yet or can they still zone spam everyone around them to death if they get revenge? A lot of people tend to complain about Wardens too but I heard their mix up has already been nerfed since they can't just cancel whenever they want into a gb anymore but PKs are fucking unforgivable. Has the Shug glitch been fixed yet too? Everything I love about the game is just instantly flushed down the shitter because of these bullshit.
>>
>>377997581
how much did you get paid for this post?
>>
>>378001397
>fun
You're right, I can't argue something being fun.

But in my personal opinion, For Honor is still quite entertaining to watch. The battles are intense due purely to the energy of the animations. Watching a berseker spin his axes around, or a raider slam his axe through someone's skull still feels good.
Watching a Kensei or a Raider's mix up is interesting as well, seeing how many mind games it takes to break through an opponent's defense.
winning 1v2's or 1v3's is still hype as hell.

So in short, I still find it fun and entertaining to watch.

>>378001730
Shugo was fixed, along with a bunch of other exploits eventually. Warden got a nerf, but they still basically do the same thing. PK revenge is definitely still a thing, but they removed a shitton of stuff for revenge builds, so revenge as a whole isn't as bad.
>>
>>378003005
>but they removed a shitton of stuff for revenge builds, so revenge as a whole isn't as bad.
Can you elaborate? That actually piques my interest. If revenge builds are no longer instant steamrolls then I might just reinstall this piece of shit. I just absolutely refuse to play along with the meta but it's tiring being a Zerker or LB up against bullshit exploits.
>>
File: law-manlet.png (956KB, 720x810px) Image search: [Google]
law-manlet.png
956KB, 720x810px
Give Lawbringer his height back.
>>
File: this kills the weeb.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the weeb.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Posting this because it's sexy.
>>
>>378003109
It's hard to describe exactly what they did with revenge, but basically...
They nerfed revenge gear completely, on the whole. Then they took most revenge perks off most gear, so that there's just a few pieces that actually add to it. It's still worth it to have it, but revenge mode feels more like normal revenge mode with or without the perks.
>>
File: 1448390279523.jpg (568KB, 1272x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1448390279523.jpg
568KB, 1272x1094px
This game made me give up on western games.

>insert the disc
>installing...
>installing...
>downloading patch...
>downloading patch...
>a day later
>updating...
>fucking finally I can pla-
>need a Ubisoft account
>Register at Uplay
>Can't find a match
>aight, let's play single player
>You've been disconnected from the server

Fuck american games, it's always the same shit.
>>
>>378003512
Do you mean to say that the revenge gear no longer impacts revenge as much as before?
>>
>>377995309
none, im not stupid enough to buy a game blindly despite all of its red flags during the beta and prior to its release..
its not western's fault, its yours.
>>
>>378004274
Yeah. There's less revenge gear available, and it does less.
>>
>>378004460
Neat, thanks anon. I might just dive back in.
>>
>>378004531
They just released the two new characters as well.
But. Be warned. The centurion can erase your stamina and never let you get it back. Feelsbad.
>>
>>378004617
>The centurion can erase your stamina and never let you get it back.
What the absolute fucking shit? Never? Not even if you die and respawn?
>>
>>378004713
No anon. When you fight him.
Let me grab a video.
https://youtu.be/VEWvbc7zLGE
>>
>>378004907
Well that's a relief. I wouldn't put it past Ubi to give the new characters some bullshit retarded broken fucking shit skills in order to push them hard.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.