[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

video games are fun. prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1491072545599.png (700KB, 1320x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491072545599.png
700KB, 1320x600px
video games are fun.

prove me wrong
>>
/v/ is shit
you're not playing one right now
therefore you enjoy more shit more than videogames
>>
File: Image00027.jpg (78KB, 559x610px) Image search: [Google]
Image00027.jpg
78KB, 559x610px
>>377993115
Video games are fun when you're a kid because you still have imagination and can you can actually PLAY -in- video games.

When you grow up and lose the ability to imagine like a child video games lose their charm.

Sadly, video games for adults are hardly a thing. And you can't go back to the games you loved and feel the same enjoyment.
>>
>>377993260
Dumb normalfag that can only find enjoyment in childish bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_5685.jpg (212KB, 860x1219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5685.jpg
212KB, 860x1219px
>>
And for as many adults who claim to "love" video games it is astonishingly hard to get even one other adult to sit down and play a game with you in person for any considerable amount of time.
>>
imagine being so jaded that you lose the ability to imagine
wew
>>
>>377993359
>not wojak edits
>>
>>377993335
So you still run around chopping down grass in Zelda because you are pretending to "mow the lawn" inside a video game that has nothing to do with that?
>>
>>377993496
Dumb normalfag that lacks reading comprehension.
>>
>>377993543
>implication that video games are childish bullshit
Not my fault if you can't be clear with your writing.

And calling people "dumb normalfags" ain't winning any arguments soon either.
>>
>>377993335
If you're not playing games whimsically I feel pretty sorry for you. Especially if it's a single player game. Going through the mechanics of playing a video game as an adult after you've played them as a child without any sense of imagination aiding the adventure along allowing you to become lost in the is utter drudgery to me.

Fighting games, multi-player FPS, some ROM hacks with subversive design, and highly realistic simulations are the best games to play as an adult.
>>
>>377993843
That was your implication.
Let me walk you through the "conversation."
>You imply that video games are only enjoyable because you can imagine you're mowing the lawn in them and that you can't do that as an adult
>I call you retarded for believing that video games have no value beyond that childish bullshit
>You think I'm saying that I like cutting grass in video games because you're retarded
>I call you out on being retarded again
>You keep being an illiterate retard
>I explain in a even simpler way why you are retarded
Retard.
>>
File: pain.jpg (37KB, 363x629px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
37KB, 363x629px
I feel like I still love video games, but it's also overwhelming sometimes. All I do these days is consume the games at lightning speed, I'm hardly ever even keeping up with the newest releases of things. It's always just play play play, binge this series, binge that series, stints can last for a week or weeks or months. Oh I like that series it's definitely a favorite, and so is this one, and this one. I have so many favorite series but sometimes I look back at them and though I remember the games I forget when I actually played them. Like there was never time to just slow down and soak the games in over a well-paced period of time, I just fill my life with obsession for a game or series until I get burnt out and move on to the next one.

Sometimes I switch my marathons over to something different in the middle of a stint and so as a result, entire series of games that I buy on Steam or Virtual Console or wherever else go unplayed (or replayed like I had intended). Anybody else have this problem?
>>
>>377994089
That's fine, enjoy them how you want. It was the assertion that childish wonder is the only way to enjoy video games that was wrong.
>>
File: spurdo thinking.png (6KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo thinking.png
6KB, 415x416px
>>377993359
I forgive you for placing Gondola on the top spot.
>>
>>377993115
"Fun" is not an attribute anything can be. Fun is the positive sum of your experience.
In other words: games are not fun, however games can cause you to have fun.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.