[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAHA FUCK ADULTS >is 16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 28

File: ryuji.png (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ryuji.png
106KB, 512x512px
HAHA FUCK ADULTS
>is 16
>>
Yes? just because you can have sex and drink at that age doesn't mean you're an adult.
>>
>>377991919
I was wondering the same thing. the main cast in persona 5 are basically adults.
>>
So what was the deal with the whole thing about his fucked up legs initially it seemed like it would be more imprtant than it was.
>>
Its funny how you can tell the age of the posters by the belief that high school kids are adults.
>>
That sounds like something a 16 year old would say, yes.
>>
>>377991919
Is this a Lupin reference?
>>
>>377991919
>>377992104
Aww, look who thinks they are all grown up. Thats adorable.
>>
>>377992176
Didn't he take beatings from Kamoshida too?
>>
>>377995517
>aww
:3
>>
>>377993328
>>377993950

I think OP was referring to the fact he's still mentally like 5
>>
>>377991919

The entire game can be summed up as:

"LOL WOW FUCK ADULTS WOW THE ADULT WORLD IS SO SHITTY WOW SCUMBAGS UNETHICAL SCUMBAGS EVERYWHERE"

Good thing we pubescent coming-of-age teenagers all exhibiting trope personalities are righteous, ethical and socially incompetent! Please fuck me, protagonist! Please! Everyone wants your cock and we're all degenerate teenagers but WOW FUCK ADULTS WOW FUCK SOCIETY AND BUSINESSES AND GROWN UPS!

HAHA!
>>
HEY GUYS BEING A PHANTOM THIEF SURE IS AWESOME
>>
>>377996859
Give it to me straights, how is the story/writing compared to P1, P2, P3, and P4? I don't care much for the waifu simulator, so the only thing I'm interested in is the gameplay (which apparently is pretty good) and story.
>>
>>377997006

It's the first Persona game I've played so I can't offer decent comparison.

Its' about 100 hours of awkward visual novels of high school girls begging for the protagonist's dick layered with social commentary and "Fuck grown ups, wow haha we're such kewl teens" dialogue, and skin-deep Psy101 analysis of adults and adult motives.

It's about 30-40 hours of actual gameplay, which isn't terrible, but again reeks of the edgy prepubescence in every way. You're doing around 1-2.5 hours of weird VN content for every half hour of gameplay you get.
>>
>>377996714

Well he is literally a dumb jock ingame.
>>
>>377997006
You play a REAL shen megummy tensay game for that.
>>
>>377992176
>it seemed like it would be more imprtant than it was.
P5 in a nutshell
>>
>>377997169
>Its' about 100 hours of awkward visual novels of high school girls begging for the protagonist's dick layered with social commentary and "Fuck grown ups, wow haha we're such kewl teens" dialogue, and skin-deep Psy101 analysis of adults and adult motives.
Well shit, that doesn't sound too appealing. Thanks, anon. I think I'll still give it a go and see if the gameplay keeps me. If not, I guess it's time to give SMT a try.

How did it get such high scores?
>>
>>377997404
Because it's good and greater than the sum of its parts. If you want a story, you won't like SMT, the games have great themes and gameplay but none of the story stuff.
>>
>>377997404

I don't honestly know. I bought it to see what SMT or Persona was about, and what I got was a pretty bad experience. I completed a playthrough so I knew I wasn't cutting it short. I wanted to like it, went in open minded.

My opinion is that it's likely a great game if you had a terrible high school experience, or are aged 15-25 and want a self-insertion fantasy of a bunch of young women trying to woo you. If you didn't have a terrible teenage experience and/or aren't looking for pubescent fantasy "What my life should've been", it falls pretty short of being worthwhile.

I didn't hate it. The actual 'gameplay' isn't so bad. It's just very heavily reliant on reaching your inner preteen and "LOL SYKE IN YOUR FACE HEHE, STUPID ADULT" bullshit.

If you're not into that, you won't like it.
>>
>>377996859
>wish fulfillment and power fantasy for teenagers is filled with wish fulfillment and power fantasy
Wow, who would have thought.
If you didn't empathize with the main cast, you weren't the target demographic, which is teenagers, or neckbeard otakus who still wish they were teenagers.
>>
File: 1495600265185.png (161KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
1495600265185.png
161KB, 500x423px
Well, would you /v/?
>>
File: 1495518303786.jpg (356KB, 600x858px) Image search: [Google]
1495518303786.jpg
356KB, 600x858px
>>377996714

Him and Ann were the only ones that seemed vaguely like teenagers. Granted Makoto is the perfect student type so she probably wouldn't be out of place in college and Yusuke seemed to be in that sort of environment anyway, along with Haru being the daughter of a wealthy CEO. Now that I think about it I'm not sure why her and a high profile attorneys sister were going to an apparently unremarkable school. Regardless only Ryuji and Ann vaguely fit the pre-20's profile, and even they were probably overly mature most of the time.
>>
>>377997006
the overall story is mostly solid and has tons of very memorable set pieces but the moment-to-moment shit is mostly boring garbage which gets very tiresome, making ng+ pretty much unplayable so basically you're going to want to follow a 100% guide right out of the gate because fuck going through all that shit again to get like 3 more s-links
>>
FER REAL?
>>
>>377998592
>when you want to write mature characters, but still make them high schoolers, because it sells
Sucks to be jap writer.
>>
>>377997404
Because the theme and age range it sets hit the marks.

It's supposed to be a bunch of tennagers complaining about adults. Especially in a culture like Japan it's pretty reasonable. The music/aesthetic are both very nice as well and the game feels pretty fluid.

It's basically just kind of cringey to look back on it as a 22+ year old because a lot of it is directed towards teens
>>
I feel like the game would be better if it was set in college or early 20s. Continue with the fucked up people but don't make it directly about adults being the fucked up ones.

Also every confidant being
>This person was a jerk/this system is corrupt
and then having it resolved is kind of boring. There were literally no confidants where you actually got to hang out with a buddy and do dumb shit outside of Ryuji very occasionally.
>>
>16
>adult
You kids sure are cute
>>
>>378003097

The game would be brilliant if it ran the span of ages, and didn't limit itself to a preachy, immature 'we r da kewl kidz and grown-ups is poopy' theme throughout.

Make some horrible teens. Make some benevolent adults, some twisted stories, give a more realistic palette of humanity.

Instead it's just overtly preachy on top of edgy style. "WE'RE DA GOOD GUYS LOL SUCH EDGE"
>>
ITT: teens acting like adults
>>
>>377991919
It's not even directed at the correct group of adults a lot of the time. None of the parents of the students at Shujin gave a shit about their kids being abused by Kamoshida, I don't think that was ever really talked about beyond it being mentioned to be the case.
>>
>Be 26
>Still feel like I'm 16
How do I stop this feel bros?
>>
>>377996859
>Please fuck me, protagonist!
For what it's worth, all the romance stuff is completely optional. Aside from Futaba being as attached to Joker as she is and maybe those couple of scenes with Makoto the girls don't fellate him as hard as you guys keep saying they do unless you go and pursue that.
>>
File: 1495660376225.png (283KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1495660376225.png
283KB, 500x678px
Who else dropped Ryuji the second Yusuke rolled up?
>>
>>377992176
>>377995679
It's part of the "we need to make everyone hate Kamoshida as much as possible" narrative.
Kamoshida wanted to get rid off the track club so he could give the volleyball team all the funds and publicity, so he provoked Ryuji into taking a swing at him, upon which the fucker knocked him down and stomped his knee, shattering it.

>>377997006
P2 EP/IS have some interesting themes but I wouldn't call their writing all that great either. It's definitely a step up from the masturbatory shitshow that P3-5 have going on though. Gameplay wise the more recent the game the better it is overall.
>>
>>378003250
there plenty shity teens and young adults in mementos.
>>
>*implication that stealing hearts is wrong*
>*something happens*
>hurr I've made up my mind

this happens like 10 times

if this was a good game they would've actually went somewhere with it
>>
>>378004478
First Persona game, huh?
>>
>ITT people who have completely forgotten what it was like to be 16
Its like pottery
>>
>>378004469
They dont really have a big narrative to them though, all the palace's are "big bad adults" outside of Futaba, which was actually pretty decent in my opinion

>>378004478
When I first got into the game I honestly assumed that the mental shutdown thing would happen to the people who's hearts they stole. I remember thinking damn Kamoshida is a dick and I wonder where they'll go with just straight up murdering people in the story but NOPE
>>
>>378004563
It's the fact that the story justifies it. Normally when 16 year olds hate adults they grow up with some common sense to understand while there are some bad people, not everyone is fucked up. In the P5 universe, everyone is either fucked up or the victim of someone fucked up.
>>
>>378004752
Japan is a very strange place with really bizarre ageist, sexist, conformist practices. So the counter culture plot worked for the most part, I thought.
>>
>>378004864
It's not that it doesn't work, it's that the counter culture is the entire game. It feels like it's being shoved down your throat at all points in the game. Theres barely any sub-themes and all the confidants, mementos missions, and palaces are basically all "people are corrupt"

Hell, the game can't even have a scene at a buffet without bringing up the theme
>>
File: tat.jpg (94KB, 497x567px) Image search: [Google]
tat.jpg
94KB, 497x567px
rate my tattoo!?
>>
>>378004958
>Theres barely any sub-themes
I mean, I'm not a whole huge way in but it seems like there's quite a bit about the self, about what justice means, and about not closing yourself off from the world.

Personally I feel like its a step up from how directionless P4 felt.
>>
>>378004282
Fuck no. Yusuke can't even learn Charge to take advantage of his Baton boosted attacks. Plus big bosses don't get knocked down so he really is useless
>>
>>377992176
What more could it have been? He was struggling running away in Kamoshida's palace but due to his training throughout the game he was able to save the lives of every single member of the PT by running to release the lifeboat in Shido's palace.
>>
>>378005256
Those all feel pretty related to me, personally. I just wanted a confidant that wasn't doom and gloom honestly.
>>
>>378005291
>implying Ryuji learns Charge the moment Yusuke joins
I have both because they're my bros.
>>
>>378004536
no but it goes to show that those hacks won't take any risks with their cash cow

so here's hoping the ReFantasy shit and HD SMT will be good now that Persona is their main series
>>
>>377996130
>:3
:3===8
>>
>in the 3rd dungeon
>still rolling with morgana, ann and ryuji

any one want to tell me when its worth using a different party member?
>>
>>378007690
Yosuke is stronger than Ryuji at that level and Morgana's usefulness is pretty questionable as soon as Makoto learns an AoE heal.
>>
>>378007865
im still waiting for yosuke to learn the follow up before i think about putting him in my party but its been pretty distracting trying to get all the social link stuff done, and makoto doesnt have an aoe heal yet
>>
>>377996859
Don't forget the brainwashing they do
>>
>>377997404
Because it's honestly the most stylish fucking game Ive seen, the problem is that its all style little substance but most people see style and think "good"
>>
>>377997723
Thats a pretty good summary
>>
>>378008990
>all style little substance
It has style and all, but it's more like there are a bunch of interesting ideas there but pretty much none of them are capitalized in a fun or meaningful way.
>>
>>378007690
Switch Morgana for Makoto once she gets Mediarama and you can optionally switch Ann for Haru
>>
>>378005826
>>378005291
>>378004282
Yusake is better than Ryuji when he joins but Ryuji outpaces him late game.

Best party is Ryuji, Makoto as a healer and either Ann for more damage or Haru for more support/damage.
>>
>>378008990
>all style and little substance
How it should be. Vidyia (or any form of fiction/art for that matter) isn't for teaching people life lessons and push an agenda.
>>
>>378010026
P5 has a lot of agenda to push.
>>
>>378010026
How is that relevant here? P5 tries to be about things, it just fails to land the execution
>>
Honestly Persona 5 was just something for me to do until Trails 3rd game out. It was ok for what it was, but that's it. When the main antagonist of the game is literally just a copy pasted Lex Luthor, which is a shame because they had a good fight lined up for him but the character himself was so weak as an antagonist.They didnt pursue the morally gray area enough, Akechi was poorly written, he joined too late, had garbage motives, and had a very shitty hamfisted off screen Disney death. The shitty adult angle was pushed literally the entire game up until the very end as well when it could have existed and dropped off sooner. There was some really nice presented stuff, but all in a sea of a mediocre plot with above average presentation.
>>
>>378010470
Such as? Do you really think the devs expect you to finish this game thinking all adults are shitty rapists?
It's a story and doesn't try to be anything else. I experienced and felt the anger of the characters, but the game doesn't try to say this is anything like real life. Fuck, they even put an emphasis on this one at the very beginning of the game. This is the first thing Igor tells you, and we all know that guy can be trusted.
Wait a second...
>>
>>378003250
>Make some benevolent adults

Those are like 80% of the confidants
>>
>>378004294
Whoa buddy leave P3 out of that comparison, it dosent really fellate you at all
>>
>>377997723
>terrible highschool experience.
Jeez anon were you the prom queen or something?
>>
>>378004478
>>378004627
The thing is P5 dosent want to piss off its players so they do what ever they can to appease the audience a lord knows the kind of people who would love this game hate the idea that their actions could be morally ambiguous if not out right wrong, because it would break the illusion for them.
>>
>>378011686
Nigga you literally brainwash people in this game. Someone cheated in a videogame? Brainwash.
>>
Well, being fair the way society is is pretty unappealing, especially for someone that has stopped being a child and has to start to look for his place within the machine

It's not surprising someone would want to rebel against that
>>
>>377997723
Then it's not recommended for someone that isn't interested in self-inserting or the romancing part?
That's a shame, I heard a lot of good things about it
>>
>>378011421
>dosent really fellate you at all
>When every female S.Link ends with them falling for you
You sure? At least later games gave you the option to remain friends
>>
>>378011964
That's what I mean its fucked up and morally grey but the game insists that it ok, they make everyone completely one dimentional monsters so you don't really consider the fact that your're brainwashing people. Throw in the fact that the only person who calls you out on this is Aketchi, a guy who's directly responsible for the deaths of dozens, so it lets you disregard the fact that he's actually right about what you're doing.
>>
>>378012756
The later games have everyone suck your cock constantly with 3 you have to finish a S.link in 4 and 5 (and 4 is much worse than 5 at this) you literally have to just exist for every party member to jack you off for every little thing you do
>>
File: 46547678.png (23KB, 195x174px) Image search: [Google]
46547678.png
23KB, 195x174px
>>378005050
Looks like one of the foreign Harry Potter book covers, desu.

Ugly as fuck.
>>
>>378013126
>>378011964
I wouldn't call the palace owners one dimensional monsters. Their shadow selves inside the palaces are monsters, just like the shadows were in Persona 4. But when you dig deeper you see they have roots for their desires. Like Madarame and Okunomura both detested being poor, and sacrificed everything else they had to get away from it. They're still presented as evil, but not quite the villain you'd see in a sentai show or something.

Brainwashing implies auto-suggestion, or forcing them to act a certain way. The way the heart change is presented takes on a more Jungian dream world way of thinking about your subconcious. They took away their desires. You could consider it the same thing but I saw it as something completely different. They weren't forced to confess. Their desires were taken away, leaving a shell of an ego, leaving them no reason to not confess. Aketchi wasn't right about anything regardless.
>>
>>378013729
You sneak into someones brain, muck around and then change their behavior all without (except Futaba's) consent it's absolutely brainwashing, every explanation end up sounding like and excuse. I would have preferred if the game embraced it while making you question if the ends justified the means
>>
>>378013332
Of course, it gets really annoying with Yu and everyone saying how great and awesome he is constantly. It's one of the reasons I haven't replayed P4. I'm not a fan of that crap

But P3 does have some of it in the S Links, even if in the main game people don't give a damn about you
>>
>>377997006
>gameplay (which apparently is pretty good)
>weebshit
come on son
>>
>>378014673
>implying
The Raidou games are fun
>>
>>378014536
Eh I'm not really trying to be apologist.
>You sneak into someones brain
It's the sub-subconcious, which is very different. It's connected to the consciousness, or even the soul. They're not told to confess. They confess because they see what they've done as a sin.
I agree though it would have been better if you could take an aggressive stance and say fuck it. We might be doing something terrible to these people. But we'll accept the cost because they're our enemies. I liked and understood the personal motivations to bring these palace owners down much more than the "let's reform society" bit.

I thought the part where it revealed they were escapees from the collective prison down in mementos was really interesting, or would have been if it was explored. Desire allows these people to break from society. What's the difference between these men filled with desire and the phantom thieves who also wanted to break from society's control?
>>
>>378012407
The appeal of nu-Persona is getting to relive highschool except this time around you get to have friends, be popular, amd fuck the hottest girls in school.

The gameplay is largely secondary to that and the writing ranges from serviceable to downright awful (Makoto slink anyone?). If you don't care for Japanese culture highschool settings then Persona is honestly not worth your time. P5 is the biggest offender thus far because it gets bogged down a lot by the story and is the first time I'd say it's more visual novel than game.
>>
>>377991919

http://www.strawpoll.me/12793654

VOTE, FAGGOTS
>>
>>378015349
I think that's why the game dident click with me, I expected something more but what I got was a stylish puddle pretending to be an ocean. Maybe P6 will be better with its story telling.
>>
Because /pg/ is a total joke right now, is there a strategy I should be pushing towards for maxing out stats? Should I be blowing off hanging out with people until I have that shit maxed?
>>
>>378016076
I'm surprised at the lack of Lavenza or Yusuke
>>
>>378013729
I don't know how anyone could possibly take Akechi seriously from that pancake scene on. He was a total joke who was out of his league the whole game.
>>
>>378016076
Proof that Makoto is the vanilla, reddit-approved choice.
Seriously kys Makotobetas.
>>
File: 1495659051402.jpg (669KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495659051402.jpg
669KB, 1080x1080px
>>378016076
I guess I should be grateful that my waifu is less popular and will therefore have less people obsessing over her.
>>
>>378015349
Not him but everything you say is brainwashing even if you try to spin it with candy and sparkles. Sounds like flimsy and pointless excuses, but that's okay since Persona was never nuanced when it came to morality and ethics.
>>
>>378016432
He's smarter then Shadow Sae apparently, to beat her rigged games in the Casino, so take that as you will.
>>
>>378016553
Based Taebros are above shitty waifuwars.
>>
>>378016432
Akechi is literally wasted potential: the character.

They could have done something cool like L vs Light, but threw that away just to squeeze in another villain and awful twist to make you feel better about your actions.
>>
File: 1482446204784.jpg (126KB, 721x705px) Image search: [Google]
1482446204784.jpg
126KB, 721x705px
>all these people going into this game expecting anything more than standard anime affair

You guys sound stupid. Just fuck the girls, kill god, and go read a book for your poignant philosophical needs.
>>
File: 1495712315553.png (162KB, 1019x767px) Image search: [Google]
1495712315553.png
162KB, 1019x767px
I need more Ryuji images and memes
Ryuji best bro
>>
>>377997308
REAL shen megummy tensay games have worse stories than Persona. Both are very enjoyable for what they are, but when you get down to it, there not very well written.
>>
>>377997006
It's better than P3 and 4, as well as a lot of other Megmai Tensei games. I haven't played 1 or 2 so I can't compare it.
>>
>>378016304
You can increase some social stats by ranking up some confidants. Like Tora and Ohya give charm, Sojiro and Shinya give kindness and Hifumi gives knowledge. There's probably more but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. So it is worthwhile to hang out with your confidants. If you rank up Chihaya the fortune teller, you can pay her so that you get more points towards a certain social stat if you increase it that day.
>>
>>378016908
>there
>>
>>378016760
To be fair there are a lot of fans/shills who make it out to be much deeper than it really is by confusing the flimsy jungian references to narrative and thematic quality.
>>
>>378016056
How is Makoto's Confidant downright awful?
>>
>>378016826
That would be more funny if he was looking at a picture of his track days
>>
>>378017075
I'd say the biggest flaw is she's not real.
>>
>>378017075
it's literally 100% about her trashy whore friend and not her.
>>
>>378017037
Thanks for pointing that out for me, guys like you are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>378003250
Agree. Not restricting main cast to teenagers is reason why P2's cast is so great. Bantz between more experienced person like Maya and Lisa are great.
>>
>>378017157
Yes, and how does that make it downright awful? Her trashy friend is used as an obstacle for her to gain a better understanding of her position as the president as well as with what she wants to do going forward in life. On top of that, it suits her arcana perfectly well. So what's the issue?
>>
>>378017075
(You)
>>
>>378017075

It starts out and ends decently, but outside of the beginning, a few lines of dialogue in the middle where she talks about her father and the end, it's consumed by her stupid friend.

I get that Eiko was meant to be a complete contrast to Makoto but she overstayed her welcome to a ridiculous amount. Ann talks about Shiho a shitload in her Confidant as well but it doesn't overshadow everything else. Not saying that Ann's Confidant is necessarily good, but it's certainly better than Makoto's.
>>
>>378017065
try going into a nier automata thread and saying that and see what kind of reaction you get from these morons, I've been doing it all week

no idea why people like the stories in animu shit
>>
>>378017331
Because I want to spend time with Makoto, not her fucking stupid friend.
>>
>>378016826
That picture makes me think of Ginko for some reason
>>
>>377997404
Because it does a great job of what it sets out to do, naturally you won't enjoy it if you go in expecting Ingmar Bergman's Persona instead, but that's not what this is supposed to be.
>>
>>378017007
>give kindness
Is kindness seriously a stat now?
>>
>>378017484
There are the dates for that. I'm not calling Makoto's Confidant a masterpiece, but it's perfectly fine, and to call it downright awful writing just because it's not what you wanted it to be is retarded.
>>
>>378016571
Except the brain isn't even touched dumbass. It's got nothing to do with the brain.
The result is the same if you take a person's desires or drug them and give them auto suggestions to confess. The method is very different.
I'm not sugarcoating anything because you could consider taking away their desires even worse.
Brainwashing is forcing the brain to think a certain way. Stealing the person's heart is taking away a fundamental part of the psyche or soul. Brainwashing is forcing you to do something against your will. Stealing a heart is huh? Where is your will in the first place? It's gone.
>>
>>378016669
Irony: The Game: The Movie: The Novel: The Original Soundtrack: The Post
But I will agree that you Taebros are cool.
>>
>>378017075
I don't hate it and it leads me to respect Makoto more, but Eiko is lame.
>>
>>378017609
I'm not the dude you were originally talking to, I don't think that it's objectively awful writing but I do think it's awful design for a social link to be about some retard instead of the actual person.
>>
>>378017876
Okay, but it still is about Makoto, unless you're incapable of looking at things beyond their most superficial level.
>>
File: C90lWwgUwAAKwBj.png (240KB, 633x1073px) Image search: [Google]
C90lWwgUwAAKwBj.png
240KB, 633x1073px
>>378016826
>>
>>378017417
I stay away from Nier threads since those zealots will jump on you for any criticism of their game, justified or not.

Do they still consider the game a flawless masterpiece and 2deep4u grand writing?
>>
>Ryuji came over for dinner
>He tells Makoto to buy them some whiskey
>She comes back with the wrong brand
>You stupid bitch! Joker walks towards her with a murderous intent
>Makoto shrieks and braces herself for a backhand
>What the ef man? What do you think you're doing?!
>Ryuji jumps between them
>Back the fuck off Sakamoto! Mind your own business.
>Joker pushes Ryuji and is met with a vicious left and right hook, knocking him on his ass.
>Ryuji turns around and looks at a pitiful Makoto with tears all welled up in her eyes, this whole thing reminded him of his memories as a child, having an abusive father
>this time it's different
>He is wiser and stronger than he was when he was a child
>This time will be different
>He reaches makotos for hands whom jumps back instinctively with fear
>Please.. he murmured no one will hurt you anymore.
>He grabs her hands and leads her out of that cursed apartment complex, not muttering a single word
>He turns around and held her close, very close. Too close. She can feel his chest taking oddly even breaths in and out against her.
> His breath sends the hairs on the back-right section of her neck dancing forwards and backwards, tickling her skin with little warm bursts. >She felt so soft and delicate
>I'm sorry, Makoto cried
>I should be the one who should be sorry, Ryuji muttered. I could've stopped this sooner.
>Makoto haven't felt like this in years, they don't know where they're going, what they're doing, or what is going to happen, yet she feels happy, tranquil, at peace.
>>
>>377991919
R O T T E N
O
T
T
E
N
>>
>>378017632
The way you describe it actually made it sound worse than brainwashing, like hardcore rape induced mindbreak tier.
https://strawpoll.com/z32391b
>>
Eiko versus Mika.

Who is the biggest bitch?
>>
>>378018049
Is Automata actually any good or worth buying? All I see is waifufagging about the robot and her ass
>>
>>378018251
It's worth buying for her ass.
>>
>>378017609
It's awful because you don't really get much about her character that you don't already get from her in the main game anyway, in my opinion.
>>
>>377991919
>16
>adult

Ok.
>>
>>378017632
>Forcing someone to act differently due to factors such as removing will, fundamentally tied to how a brain thinks
>MUH SOUL
>Not brainwashing

Semantics and nebulously obscuring the result. Get off your high horse, pal.
>>
>>378018297
What if I prefer tits?
>>
File: 67843457567567868687.png (223KB, 500x961px) Image search: [Google]
67843457567567868687.png
223KB, 500x961px
>>378016826
>>
>>378018225
Mika wasn't a bitch, she does what she needs to do in the cutthroat business she's in.
>>
>>378018163
This.

It's a lot worse and more objectively black.
>>
File: 1494450267577.png (180KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1494450267577.png
180KB, 500x405px
>>378018361
I really didn't like how they made Akechi just turn out to be a total psychopath, I loved that he actually questioned the Phantom Thieves methods and accused them of brainwashing people carelessly and I wish his character was played as someone who just thought the Phantom Thieves were imposing their will onto others carelessly and needed to be stopped no matter what.
>>
>>378018361
I guess the key difference here is that it doesn't make the person confess anything that they didn't think was wrong.
>>
>>378018251

I found it be worth the $60 I paid and the story was interesting (nothing groundbreaking, but interesting regardless) but I finished everything in about 40 hours and there is next to no replay value. For whatever fucking reason enemies don't scale to you so if you want to replay without one shotting everything then you need to start a new game entirely.

You also have to play through the first half of the story twice before you can play the second half. Unfortunately the character you play as the second time through isn't very fun at all.
>>
>>378018163
I thought of it as simply hammering down the nail that sticks out.
You could think of it as the same thing society does to people. It's not brainwashing as in, society forces you to think a certain way through invasive means. It forces you to think a certain way because it takes away your rampant desires.
So ironically the phantom thieves are doing the same thing they rebelled against, hinted at when you reach the bottom of mementos and see all the people you sent back to jail.
I think in the end it implies, you're taking away other peoples freedom because their desires are what make them free. Not like Persona users, who use their freedom for others.
>>378018553
Exactly what I'm thinking. What if you broke into a palace and the person's cognition of themself was literally a saint? When in reality they were clearly a warmonger or something. That would be an interesting reversal.
>>378018361
>MUH SOUL
But the series is based around this kind of thing. I'd respect people who think it's the same as brainwashing but you're just being rude and refusing to think for yourself.
>>
>>378018163
hence the whole 'oh shit s THAT what we've been doing?' moment when its revealed in mementos that what the phantom thieves have actually been stealing from others is the very same spirit of rebellion that they've been motivated by this whole time, and that they are straight up turning people into obedient little sheeple who let social norms dictate their every single decision
>>
>>378018515
I'm the Anon earlier who thinks making it like Death Note would have been more interesting by opening up both sides of the moral debate.

But lolno he's actually an evil murderer puppet so nothing he says has any worth since he exists just to be killed off to make way for a bigger bad guy.

It's one of the reasons why p5 ends up reading so juvénile despite the background in psychology.
>>
>>378018790
>Death Note
How old are you?
>>
DING DING DING DING

WEELLLLLL
>>
File: LMbBOVT.png (129KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
LMbBOVT.png
129KB, 512x512px
>Taking a victory lap on the final day of a Palace heist
>Getting hit on purpose because FUCKING Ryuji instant kills but that's OK because you just triggered a sick ass new camera angle in battle by letting the enemy catch you off-guard

I just enjoy the atmosphere.
>>
>>378018902
The Death Note anime ended ten years ago.
>>
>>378018738
The fact that you ignored the rest of my post in favour of one line of greentext while trying to act patronizing really doesn't help whatever point you are trying to make.

At the end of the day you are forcing someone to act differently, which ties back to how they think. That is brainwashing. Trying to obscure this fact by insisting on the three parts of a human idea doesn't change it.

I hold sinilar beliefs in that system, but intentionally ignoring what's happening jere because the game sugar coated the process is ignorant at best, delusionally trying to make your favourite game seem deeper like an incessant shill at worst.

I'm off for lunch, Have a nice day :)
>>
>>378019120
what a faggoty post
>>
>>378019092
I was referencing its content, not its airing date.
>>
>>378018749
Yep. It's brainwashing in every sense of the word, but the term isn't used since it's not necessary to the plot.
>>
>>378019208
Anyone of any age can see that DN and P5 have similar content.
>>
>>378018902
Death Note had a very good discussion on the nature of paw, justice, ethics, and degrees of restraint that individuals and society must possess.

Of course the subtext is largely missed due to the nature of the protagonist, but to dismiss the story for no reason makes me turn around and wonder how old YOU are.
>>
4>5>3>2IS>1>2EP
fuck nostalgia fag and muh edgy Tatsuyas
>>
>>378019340
>paw
:3c
>>
>>378018368
Get the fuck out of here
yes it still is
>>
>>378019173
>faggoty
How old are you?

>>378019340
*law
>>
>>378019120
>ignored the rest of my post in favour of one line of greentext
Oh was I supposed to respond to the other two greentexts? Or the one about my highhorse?
Fucking dumbass.
>forcing someone to act differently
YOU ARE NOT FORCING ANYTHING ON THE BRAIN
It's not sugarcoating, you're simply wrong.
>>
>>378017632
Nigga thats brainwashing just magically instead. Brainwashing dosent mean fucking around with the brain it means a myrriad of techniques all of which are used to indirectly influence, change, subvert, command or corrupt a persons will, mind, soul, personality or whatever.
>>
File: 1495196798090.png (2MB, 1774x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495196798090.png
2MB, 1774x1024px
>>378019350
> 4>5
>terrible randomly generated dungeons that are the same the entire game, generic shadow enemies, and scooby doo cast
>better than anything
>>
>>378019173
ughhhhh so faggoty
>>
Threadly Reminder that Ryuji was right about Morgana
>>
>>378018251
It's pretty good. Gameplays not that deep but the story tries to be. Be warned the areas are large but few so you'll end up running around the same fucking field, fighting the same trash mobs over and over though and the side quest range from great to unbearably tedious also I hope you like smumps because the second and third thirds of the game are filled with them
>>
>>378018314
That's a lie though
>>
>>378017609
>going on dates ever
>when Affinity Reading exists

Wow dude, you're bad at this game.
>>
>>378018468
The game and the fans try to spin it as a good thing because the bad guys are so hilariously evil but damn if I did'ent feel wierd with the Kamoshida confession. The dude pretty much self-flagellates himself in front of a crowd before threatening suicide none of the charicters goes "oh shit this might be too much" instead the just start changing hearts all willy-nilly cuz fuck the rules do whats right
>>
>>378020601
What if he wants some room decorations ?
>>
>>378020601
You can go on them for fun if you think the Confidant didn't have enough hanging out, which you would have to think to be complaining that the Confidant didn't have enough hanging out.
>>
>>378018749
The fact that the game waits untill the final dungeon to drop this is pretty retarded because it dosent give the characters or the player time to let the reveal sink in, it's just a shocking reveal for the sake of one just before the final boss
>>
i wish the game was centered around actually punk kids instead of the misunderstood ruffians with hearts of gold we got.
>>
File: Let's keep going.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
Let's keep going.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>377999003
>because fuck going through all that shit again to get like 3 more s-links
>tfw i got my last social link at the last fucking playlable day
>>
effin adults dude
>>
File: 1495605285446.png (138KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495605285446.png
138KB, 512x512px
>>378021693
>>
>>378018095
kek,whats with all the makoto abuse greentexts?
>>
File: 1310475306545.jpg (57KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
1310475306545.jpg
57KB, 419x500px
Ryuji at least had that boat running scene.

Ann did absolutely nothing important the entire game
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 264x191px
>There are people posting in this very thread who couldn't get all S.links on the first playthrough without a guide.
With the shrine and Chihaya you have no excuse.
>b-but muh level 5 stat requirements!
Not an argument
>>
Being an adult is literally a social construct. You cannot dispute this.
>>
>>378022153
I found out about the shrine location like, half november, i only abused Chihaya.
But fuck Iwai trought for wasting my time building guts for months and still couldn't start his story even trought he was only night time guy with Sojiro and Mishima
>>
>>378019086
How does Ryuji's instant kill work? Never seen it in game.
>>
>>378023094
Ambushs on Mementos, you istantly gain a mask based on that group.
It somewhat ruin farming.
>>
>>378023094

When you are in a dungeon if you ambush from behind the fight doesnt even start it just gives you a persona or it says you already have that mask or you cant carry anymore persona (no option to get rid of one like in post battle.
>>
File: 1310970265908.jpg (25KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1310970265908.jpg
25KB, 400x311px
>>378005050

>The cross for proportion purposes was left on the final product

It's """"""""""""""""""""almost"""""""""""""""" decent if it didn't have that.
>>
>>378023286
Not really, you just attack from head on if you want to avoid triggering it.
>>
>>378023286
>>378023454
Ah, so that's what that was huh? It kinda fucked me during NG+, it basically meant no more ambushes if I wanted to farm.
>>
>>378023546
Yeah but money farm is a bitch, as you gain x2 when you kill the enemis within your first turn.
>>
>>378005050
There's no fucking way that's real, the cross placeholder for the eyes, nose and mouth is on the fucking face still.
>>
File: Go to fucking bed.png (48KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
Go to fucking bed.png
48KB, 220x276px
Ryuji: *misses*
Morgana: Geez Skull you're pathetic, you ever wonder why your dad used to drink and beat you and your mom and then left? It's because of shit like this Ryuji, just do everyone a favor and jump of a bridge maybe then you can atleast relieve your mother of the embarrassment of the son that you are
>>
>>377997404
Bullshit
>>
>>377995517
They are written like adults though. This is what makes their random "FUCK ADULTS" tangents so weird and off putting. They look and talk like adults. They're only high school students because for some reason all JRPGS have to stay high school students if set in the modern day.

They don't feel or look like teens at all. Even Futaba just seems like a short woman rather than a teenager.
>>
File: 1482509904286.jpg (161KB, 854x715px) Image search: [Google]
1482509904286.jpg
161KB, 854x715px
>>377991919
I've been thinking about buying this game, but mainly because of all the cool personas that you can fuse and shit. Is the story/gameplay any good? I don't really care for the waifu-bait shit that everybody talks about
>>
>>378025629
Asians mature earlier since they're oppressed by adults. Source: me.
>>
>>378004282
Yeah I did, never brought him back either.
Same with Mona.
Ann, Yusuke, Makoto all the way.
>>
>>378025629
How exactly do they act like adults? They're all "FUCK THIS", "FUCK THAT", cringey teenage pickup lines and banter, general immaturity in the group dynamics... For one, all of them look up to Makoto like she's their mother - She's the only one who acts adult and that's because of her family life, but she's still a growing adolescent.

Jesus christ this thread.
>>
>>378026061
Ryuji is way better as a party member than Yusuke tho you're just weakening your own party.
>>
>>377991919
The Adults in this game are fucking assholes.
>>
Why does he say things like "shitty" and "asshole" willynilly but self-censors himself with "effin" like a 12yo?
>>
>>378001491
>>378025629
>>
>>378026240
Only at endgame when he gets charge. Before that, Yusuke is straight up better at all times.
>>
>>378026331
He says fucking too. I've heard and said effin once in a while to kind of dampen the harshness while still getting the point across.
>>
>>378026240
Anon, the game is easy enough unless you're playing the tryhard difficulty. You can roll anyone you want and still beat the game without too much effort, you don't even need to grind or anything.
>>
>>378026331
Because if he cursed then you autists would be complaining at how he always curses like an edgelord
>>
>>378022153
I never found the shrine, didn't use a guide and even I maxed all social links.
>>
File: d3f.gif (895KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
d3f.gif
895KB, 500x214px
>>378026567
>>
>>378025683
Story is cool, gameplay is great. Waifu stuff is a very minor part of the game, while the social part is generally more present.
>>
>>378026703
>>378022153
What even is the point of the Shrine? Doesn't it waste your time? Can't you do the same thing by talking to Chihaya?

Chihaya and Kawakami are life savers.
>>
>>378027003
Shrine is available earlier and sometimes you just have nothing else to do.
>>
>>378026567
Good point.
>>
>>378019269
Code Geass rather than Death Note, I'd say. Light doesn't dress up in black to fight his enemies directly. Joker is practically Lelouch/Zero but with less issues.
>>
File: f 1.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
f 1.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>378026567
Couldn't they just mask it with beeps?
>>
>>378027689
And without army of giant mechas piloted by terrorist group and a way to supernaturaly coerce people into doing whatever he wants.
>>
>>378026567
but he IS an edgelord, if anything the selfcensorship kinda conflicts with the rest of his character.
>>
>>378028024
>terrorist group
The Phantom Thieves of Hearts

>supernaturaly coerce people into doing whatever he wants.
heart stealing

They just switched the mechas with Personas.
>>
>>377991919
preposterous
>>
>>378025629
>This is what makes their random "FUCK ADULTS" tangents so weird and off putting

What the hell are these "FUCK ADULTS" tangents you morons are complaining about? There have been times where they mention "rotten adults" in a broad sense but it was completely appropriate because adults naturally have a higher position of power over people younger than them. No shit if they're dealing with power hungry overlords, they're going to be adults.

They spell it out for you in Haru's confidant. She hesitates to trust anyone at her family company because she's afraid of other company members taking advantage of her as she holds the most shares. It's not really about not trusting adults, but more like not trusting those who have/had a higher position of power over you.
>>
>>377991919
It's funny how angsty teenagers are on the cusp of adulthood but complain about them constantly. Ryuji's gonna be a 30 year old janitor listening to metal music and saying fuck the system his entire life.
>>
>>378018515
On that note, did Akechi even die? Why did they make his death off-screen if not to make it ambiguous?
>>
>>378022153
It was my first Persona game
In the beginning I thought you had to progress in the story to rank up confidants that didn't have up!! next to them
I'm dumb as fuck, I know
>>
>>378029885
So they have the option to bring him back if they want because we never actually saw him die. Because Atlus are hacks that won't kill off a character when they could be using him to milk fujos of their cash.
>>
>>377997723
I'm 25. My high school experience was okay. The lewd prepubescent thing does nothing for me. I still really enjoyed this game. Fact of the matter is, JRPGs aren't for everyone, period.
>>
File: 1443037263194.jpg (63KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
1443037263194.jpg
63KB, 592x533px
>>378030107
>Because Atlus are hacks that won't kill off a character
>>
>>378030312
Sorry, *modern Atlus
>>
File: 1493809875086.jpg (45KB, 639x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493809875086.jpg
45KB, 639x800px
>>377991919
You're pathetic, Skull.
>>
>BAWWW HOW DARE BRAINWASH UNAPOLOGETIC RAPISTS, MURDERERS AND CROOKS BAWWW the thread
>>
A RIIIIIIIIVERRRR
>>
>>378031470
It's not even brainwashing
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_Ryuji_smiling.png (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Ryuji_smiling.png
119KB, 500x500px
>>378025330
Morgana: I think-
Ryuji: That again? Ugh you useless dumb cat. You stupid cat. Quit ca-ca-catting around, kitty kitty. You have no reason to be here now that Futaba is here anyway. She completely invalidates your entire existence, you dumb useless cat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBFG2vsyCM lol isnt this beat from the ost?idk if im crazy or not
>>
>>378033220
>ryuji gets shit on my morgana
>he just gets pissy about it
>morgana gets shit on by ryuji
>chimps out and outright quits the team
Not sure what you're trying to say anon.
>>
>literally brainwash people
>hack into public TV translations across whole country
>police wants to catch you
>WOW EFFIN ROTTEN ADULTS HOW ARE WE WRONG?
>M-MUH JUSTICE
>>
>>377991919
16 year olds are not adults
>>
>>378032482
Who gives a shit if it IS brainwashing? They deserved it regardless.
>>
>>378004001
Take up some responsabilities.
>>
Middle aged Japs are literal trash, they need all the brainwashing they can get.
>>
>>378034140
t. antifa
>>
>>378032482
It's totally brainwashing, but I don't get where the moral ambiguity comes from. Every target is shown to be a cartoonish monster and if the Thieves don't brainwash them then at best the targets will ruin their lives and at worst they'll outright murder them. They don't have a choice regardless. The minor targets have a little more nuance but most of them are horrible people as well.
>>
>>377997404
Anon was honestly bullshitting you about the dick chasing, that's comepletely wrong.

It's done well because people like the cast and aesthetics, and it feels good as a JRPG.
>>
>>378034352
t. LITERALLY Hitler
>>
>>378027201
>and sometimes you just have nothing else to do

In Persona 3 I had plenty of times where I had nothing to do but in Persona 5 before Chihaya shows up you could be raising social stats or doing anything besides going to the time-wasting Shrine.
>>
>>378016553
>game wont let me waifu her
>don't want to settle for anyone else
so which ending immediately ends the game so I can start new game plus
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.