[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Switch directional buttons better than the 3DS dpad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

Are the Switch directional buttons better than the 3DS dpad?
>>
>>377988996
The Switch is better than the 3DS in every way.
>>
Case by case scenario. Anything with diagonals like Blaster Master is better with the D-pad on 3DS, but for games that use only 2 directs or menus, direction buttons can be on par, or even optimal. Such examples include Puyo tetris for optimal, and Shovel Knight for Par.
>>
>>377989960
>The Switch is better than the 3DS in every way.
No, actually it fucking isn't.
>Small library of games compared to 3DS's massive library, not even including BC with the hundreds of original DS titles
>Low development costs, incentives third party support
>Better battery life
>Two screens
>Clamshell design to prevent damage
>3D feature
>Free online
>Cheaper price point
Yeah, basically, you're a delusional lardboy.
>>
The better question is, why are people comparing a brand new console with an aging handheld?
>>
>>377990452
because i have a 3ds and dont have a switch you absolute moron
>>
I prefer the 3DS d-pad but the switch buttons pretending to be a d-pad are surprisingly not garbage.
>>
>>377990452
>The better question is, why are people comparing a brand new console with an aging handheld?
You know why. It doesn't look good comparing it as a console to other consoles.
>>
>>377990628
>You know why. It doesn't look good comparing it as a console to other consoles.
Yeah, because in reality, it should be compared to last-gen consoles. You know, since that's what it is.
>>
>>377990628
looks much better than the other consoles desu.
>>
File: asdfsd.jpg (14KB, 366x199px) Image search: [Google]
asdfsd.jpg
14KB, 366x199px
>>377990721
It's a cheap tablet sticking out of a fucking square plastic dock. What are you smoking?
>>
>>377990721
I dunno, $300 handheld whose best games so far aren't exclusive, not appealing.
>>
Having no center is kind of weird, but it at least feels better than the PS's or Xbox d-pad. 3DS is still the best d-pad.
>>
>>377990931
beats shitty laptop hardware thats absolutely redundant when you have a pc.
>>
>>377991009
Eh, at least the other consoles have exclusives on them right now.
>>
>>377991009
>beats shitty laptop hardware thats absolutely redundant when you have a pc.
So one turd smells better because another turd smells too?
>>
File: g.jpg (82KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
82KB, 408x408px
>>377991115
After so many years on the market they better.
Fucking pitiful display so far.
>>
File: 1493565246881.png (146KB, 215x395px) Image search: [Google]
1493565246881.png
146KB, 215x395px
>>377991115
What? You mean you didn't drop $300 to play Neo Geo games?
>>
>>377991009
>Has a problem with weaker hardware
>Supports the weakest hardware option out there
>The weakest one whose biggest game is emulatable on pc and getting better all the time.
>>
>>377991378
I dont have a problem with weaker hardware, but bragging about shit hardware is fucking idiotic.
Its fucking hilarious that a mobile tablet with its 720p is so close to the stationary bigass consoles that can barely maintain 900p in most games.

The Switch fills multiple niches the other systems absolutely cannot fill right now. They are just shitty locked down PCs with zero advantages.
>>
>>377991565
Nobody bragged about the other consoles as being exceptionally powerful hardware, anon.

>Its fucking hilarious that a mobile tablet with its 720p is so close to the stationary bigass consoles that can barely maintain 900p in most games.
>so close

Oh, you don't know anything. I understand now.
>>
>>377991565
>They are just shitty locked down PCs with zero advantages.
The switch is a shitty locked down pc that's more inconvenient to bring around than my laptop.

Three systems in a row of people pretending nintendo's consoles aren't still just shitty locked down pcs like everything else.
>>
>>377991741
>It doesn't look good comparing it as a console to other consoles.
Sounds exactly like that.

And yeah, the gap is extremely tiny. Sony and MS fucked up.
>>
>>377991874
>that's more inconvenient to bring around than my laptop.
lmao
>>
>>377991971
I picture a young autistic male sitting in the back of his mother's car playing his Switch while telling her what he wants from Wendy's.
>>
>>377991942
That's not even close to bragging about the other consoles being powerhouses or comparable to PC, anon, that's just saying they are more powerful than the switch, and they are.

That's not even close.
>>
>>377990452
desperation
>>
>>377992006
we're reaching incredible levels of non arguments now

>>377992039
Its most definitely close. Next week one of the consoles bigger games Tekken7 is launching with a pitiful 900p.
>>
>>377991971
>Huge handheld
>Large unprotected screen that pretty much demands a carry case
>Control sticks that can snag on things in my bag
>VS a laptop that is thinner than a notebook and the same size.

Yeah, it's easier for me to bring the laptop.
>>
>>377992121
>Resolution is the only thing that matters to determine how powerful a system is!

How do you think tekken 7 would run on the switch?
>>
>>377992129
oh no a carry case what an amazing inconvenience
>>
>>377991874
>more inconvenient to bring around than my laptop
the fuck kind of laptop do you have?

>pretending nintendo's consoles aren't still just shitty locked down pcs like everything else
if you can't tell the difference i dont know how to help you
>>
>>377992231
>Take huge handheld
>Put it in a larger carrying case

Congrats, there's now a brick sized and shaped object in your bag.
>>
>>377992206
barely worse. its a game with two models on the screen and modern consoles are fucking shitting themselves not being able to maintain full 60fps.
>>
File: ZqxOSti.jpg (31KB, 820x419px) Image search: [Google]
ZqxOSti.jpg
31KB, 820x419px
>>377992278
Yeah must be terrible putting something sandwich sized into your bag.
>>
>>377992234
A modern one?

Laptops are really thin and light now, dude.
>>377992348
I don't typically eat game gear sized sandwiches, anon.
>>
>>377990384
Didn't the switch just come out where the 3ds has been out for years? I like my DS too but lets not pretend it didn't have a shit launch
>>
>>377992287
Define barely worse.
>>
>>377992278
vs a laptop that's even bigger, plus either a mouse or a controller (thats less convenient to store than the joycons) if you're actually carrying it around for games.

how dumb are you?
>>
>>377992375
if you actually want to run games on your laptop it wont be thin and light.
>>
>>377992287
>Switch can't run a wii u game at a stable 30 fps
>IT'S TOTALLY ALMOST AS POWERFUL AS THE PS4 AND XBONE GUYS I SWEAR!
>>
>>377992502
PS4 and the bone can't run it at all :^)
>>
>>377992460
Not him, but even a surface pro 3 could have run a shit ton of games, and emulated up to some ps2 and dolphin stuff.

Shit, the tiny little gpd win can run a lot of surprising stuff. Onboard hardware for laptops has gotten pretty great.
>>
>>377988996
I haven't had real problems, but I've only really used them for puyo puyo tetris so far.
>>
>>377990384
>Small library of games compared to 3DS's massive library, not even including BC with the hundreds of original DS titles
The switch came out 2 months ago. The 3ds has been out for 6 years
>Low development costs, incentives third party support
It only costs $500 to get a switch develpment kit. And the switch is way easier to develop for
>Better battery life
The 3ds is nowhere nears as powerful as the switch
>Two screens
Both are only 240p
>Clamshell design to prevent damage
The switch would be too big of it has one. You can just buy a carrying case
>3D feature
Who even uses that? Nintendo doesn't rven cate about it anymore.
>Free online
Switch onyl is only likw. $15 a year though
>Cheaper price point
Beausw the switch is way more powerful that the 3ds and can play real console games

Yeah, basically, you're a delusional lardboy.
>>
>>377990165
You can simply use the analog for BMZ top down stages though, it's better in both 3DS and Switch.
>>
>>377992460
I've got about 20,000 emulated games and about 75 steam games on my laptop right now, and it's a $450 lenovo 2 in 1. Thin and light for sure.
>>
File: 1450273787000.jpg (341KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450273787000.jpg
341KB, 1024x768px
>>377990384
>niggers now actually using the 3d as a shitposting feature
>>
>>377992751
>The switch came out 2 months ago. The 3ds has been out for 6 years
And guess what? The 3DS launched with the entire fucking DS library backing it up.

>And the switch is way easier to develop for
This is flat-out bullshit. Even Nintendo can't get a game that was in development for 6 YEARS to run well on the console.

>The 3ds is nowhere nears as powerful as the switch
It's 6 years old you dumb nigger. The Switch should be both more powerful AND have better battery life. Sad.

>Both are only 240p
You'll defend Switch being piss weak compared to 4 year old consoles and then attack a 6 year old $200 handheld for lower res, fucking lmao.

>The switch would be too big of it has one. You can just buy a carrying case
Yes, because it's fucking massive, which a handheld shouldn't be. Tack the carrying case onto the growing price tag I guess.

>Who even uses that? Nintendo doesn't rven cate about it anymore.
And yet here you are, defending a company that literally rides on gimmicks.

>Switch onyl is only likw. $15 a year though
And 3DS is free faggot.

>Beausw the switch is way more powerful that the 3ds and can play real console games
LOL real console games... Yeah, by 360 standards.
>>
>>377988996
It works a lot smoother in menus and is pretty much recommended playing bomberman with because the stick sucks for that.
>>
>>377993517
>Even Nintendo can't get a game that was in development for 6 YEARS to run well on the console.
Not the anon you were arguing with, but if this is about BoTW then that's pretty fucking disingenuous. It was in development for 6 years for a different console.
>>
>>377993689
why give him attention
>>
>>377993689
to their credit, it didn't run well on that console, either.
>>
>>377993821
That is true.
>>
>>377993689
Yeah, I'm sure they didn't even think about how they were going to release it on two consoles, just like they weren't even considering a Wii release of TP until right at the end, right?
>>
>>377994243
Exactly, thinking otherwise would be as silly as assuming they were planning to release BoTW on the switch in 2011.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.