[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITS ABOUT THE CONTEXT!!!!1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1451057589156.png (114KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
1451057589156.png
114KB, 660x330px
>ITS ABOUT THE CONTEXT!!!!1
>>
But it is, dumb fuck.
>>
>>377986164
It's about the presentation, honestly. Hotline Miami is vibrant and stylish. Hatred is edgy and school shooter-tier.
>>
It sure isn't about the gameplay since Hatred's was leagues better.

A shame that 4chan was so cucked it actually got outraged over literally /ourgame/
>>
>Hatred
>shooting innocent people because you hate everything

>Hotline Miami
>shooting criminals because you're fucking crazy
>>
>>377986164
pretending context doesn't exost
laughingirls.jpeg
>>
>>377986254
FPBP

Context and presentation are what matters when one brings forth an idea from the conceptual domain and puts it into the form of a video game. They are everything when it comes to making a video game.
>>
>>377986164
One of those didn't use "lol dude were so edgy and crazy and we kill people in fucked up ways lmao" as marketing.
>>
It seems Hotline gives players the conceit that their character is crazy so it's ok to murder everyone. I'm not sure I'd describe the Hatred protagonist as a completely rational person either.
>>
>I just fucking hate this world, and the humans worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred.
>And I always wanted to die violently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFrwDhMexA&feature=youtu.be&t=48

>I just fucking hate this world, and the humans worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred.
>And I always wanted to die violently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-awWHKaAgzg&feature=youtu.be&t=45

Know the difference. It could save your life someday.
>>
One of them is a game, the other is a publicity stunt.
>>
In Hotline Miami you kill communists, not humans.
>>
Sure context changes things but the truth is that everything should be allowed and if you seriously turn down a great game because it is about playing as a mass murderer you are worthless. Granted, Hatred isn't exactly that good of a game but still.
>>
>>377986164
Hatred
>dude killing lmao

Hotline Miami
>Do you like killing people?
>>
Hotline Miami is actually a good game

Hatred is generic as fuck and despite trying to be edgy as fuck wimps out on being edgy (where are the curb stomps, disemboweling, beheadings, beating people to death with their own limbs etc.) and instead goes for tame shit like shooting people in the head.
>>
>>377990728
>generic
Name 60 games with a similar concept.
>>
>>377986164

https://www.skillsyouneed.com/learn/critical-thinking.html
>>
>>377986389

No, it wasn't. Hotline Miami actually had decent level design and weapon variety and a sense of rythm and, of course, a great soundtrack.

The only thing kinda good about Hatred were some of its destructible environments.
>>
>>377986164
Hotline Miami isn't the best example, take something like GTA where you can just gun down civilians all day and its a more apt comparison.
>>
>>377991447
It's not about the concept but the excecution.
There aren't any vastly different gameplay features on Hatred that haven't been done before thousands of times already.
>>
>>377986164
god why the fuck is this still getting posted
>>
>>377986164
The context of being someone that gets mad about video games.
>>
>>377986164
Hatred is about killing unharmed civilians in the most brutal possible way because "CRAWLING IN MY SKIN". The game sold itself solely on that, being edgy as fuck and with over the top violence.

Hotline Miami actually has a story, you're mostly killing Russian mobsters and never made really made a fuss about the violence until people noticed it and then just went with a "yeah, it's gory", but that was never the selling point.
>>
>>377986389
Gameplay is literally the only good thing about Hotline Miami.
The shit that most people on /v/ go on about that game is worse than garbage.
>>
>>377992059
>that soundtrack
>shit
>the art style and overall design
>shit

Oi.
>>
>>377991819
The "good example" misunderstands the issue, which is that video games are not real, therefore cannot harm anyone else, and that there is no legitimate reason to be bent out of shape about any kind of narrative framing in them. Such a visceral opposition is equivalent to establishing thought crime.
>>
>>377987884
Which one?
>>
>>377986164
The games with the most violence tend to also has the best stories IMO

Hatred didn't try with a story, but I'd say it did pretty damn good as a POSTAL clone, especially as their first game. That IS Defense game they made had me playing 10 hours, good for the price.
>>
>>377986164
There was nothing wrong with Hatred in terms of premise, but the devs were hacks so it ended up being a mediocre game. The pre-release shitstorm was more interesting than the final product.
>>
>>377991918
Well yeah top down shooter used to be a really popular genre. But hardly any of the recent examples put you up against people who shoot back instead of hordes of zombies.

And what's unique about Hotline Miami? The fact that the levels are tiny as fuck and you keep dying?
>>
>>377992628
That patch for hatred was actually neat, it showed the devs weren't one-and-done cash-ins
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.