[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate this game so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Why does everyone hate this game so much?
>>
>>377983435
I thought it was good for what it was worth. I went in expecting a barebones RPG Maker with some shoehorned in social commentary, but it was a solid 7/10. It was just very basic and the moral choices were "befriend like your a magical girl" or "genocide", but it was created by one dude and he did a good job of mixing up the battle system that just being turned based.
>>
Because it became popular among normies
It was a pretty decent game with a great soundtrack.
The pacifist route was a bad meme tho

I still respect the dev for not turning it into a giant shameless cashcow like FNAF
>>
>>377983839
>turned down potentially hundreds of millions of dollars off licensing Undertale and chose artistic integrity instead
I honestly can't decide if that's a great or stupid decision.
>>
>>377984509
It's an either/or situation. It was bad in a financial sense, but good for a character sense.

People give content creators shit for "selling out," but frankly I'd take the money and create something else with it. Totally understandable, but a lot of people don't like a sell-out.
>>
>>377983435
"everyone" doesn't. Most of the people saying they hate it are just trying to get a rise out of the annoying fanbase, which is mostly dead by now.
>>
>>377983435
the fanbase
>>
>>377983435
it's a boring game that attracts the minecraft audience
>>
>>377983435
Because its fanbase is like some weird mixture of SJW's and MLP.
>>
>>377983435
relentless culture war raids from /pol/ and 8/pol/ because people they hate liked it
>>
>>377984845
Good thing it is dead.
>>
>>377983435
/v/ loved it before it got popular
>>
>>377983839
Say what you want about the game, but Toby is genuinely a cool dude. Feel like more indie devs should look up to him, as he seems to fairly down to earth and doesn't treat his game as being more than it is (the fanbase does though).
>>
-Good music
-Good story
-Good characters at times
-Nice details
-Combat is interesting, but lacking

-Linear corridor throughout the entire game
-Poor puzzles
-Randumb
-Never enough gameplay that it feels interesting

6-7/10
>>
>>377985580
He has my respect simply for the fact that he doesn't get involved in stupid political bullshit on twitter.
>>
The things it does well, it does really well. The things it does badly, it does really badly.

How much you'll enjoy it depends on how much you're willing to look past its flaws.
>>
>>377983435
It's not everyone, just the most vocal people

the loudest most annoying shrieking gets seen as everyone just to shut em up.

as for why the whiniest of fucks hate the game, is the same reason most people hate things; the extreme fans rubbed them wrong and now they want to take away their fun
>>
>>377983435
Good game, shit community.

/thread
>>
>>377983435
It's popular.
It's a pretty solid game and is the best example of in-depth storytelling I've seen in a very long time.

That being said, it isn't the biblical messiah of vidya that the fans make it out to be.

I still tell people it's worth the $10

Soundtrack is mindblowingly good. I hope Toby Fox goes on to compose for other games.
>>
>>377983435
I've never played undertale but you're asking for trouble to post about it on good terms here.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.