[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portable Ops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

>no Kojima involvement
>for a handheld system few actually owned (in the US)
>Roy Campbell shoehorned in as one of Big Boss's top commanders
>no Fulton, you have to drag all the soldiers back to Campbell's rapevan
>Gray Fox also shoehorned in for some reason
>"We can leave all that crap in San Hieronymo behind" --Miller in Peace Walker
>"Don't worry about that one" --Ground Zeroes 'find the canon MGS game logos' bonus mission

So is it safe to say this game's non-canon, and Peace Walker is Kojima's canon, superior game?
>>
I genuinely liked PO more, but no matter what anyone thinks of the gameplay, the story was definitely better than PW.
>>
>>377981819
This
Portable Ops is pretty good if not that inventory system
Also night/day operations on good level designed locations could fit Phantom Pain, but Kojima is a nigger now, so that's why we got shit
>>
It's a good bridge between Snake Eater and PW sorta
>>
>>377982897
PW shat on the bridge. What you mean to say is that it was a good sequel to 3.
>>
It's semi canon, as it is implied that it did happen, but it is entirely irrelevant and ignored in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: Mpo_snake_vs_cunningham.jpg (64KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Mpo_snake_vs_cunningham.jpg
64KB, 480x272px
I hated the gameplay of PO, but it did have one of my favorite moments in the MGS franchise.

When Cunningham confronts Snake and tells him that he can go home, that he played his unwitting role perfectly I really felt something. It shows a moment where Big Boss realized that the people he and the Boss laid down their lives for still saw them as pawns and expendable. That all of the soldiers that believed in him meant more to him than their own governments and he swore that he would do right by them. I saw that as the moment he truly became Big Boss.
>>
>>377981628
Best main theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXkgn3QUA2w
>>
>>377983994
this guy gets it too well. The game felt like it had one dedicated writer, and then 15 other guys who came in later to just add shit where they felt it was necessary
>>
>>377981628
some of it is, some of it isn't

big boss was involved in san hieronmyo to say the least
>>
>>377981628
It's semi-canon in that there was an incident in San Hieronymo and the thing with Ocelot happens.
>>
>>377983994
This game is essentially where Snake becomes Big Boss, funny that we only see this development in a semi-canon spinoff game.
>>
>>377984367
He even coins the name "Outer Heaven" at the end of it.
>>
All PSP MGS games sucked. End of story.
>>
File: 71kg1ZSf-GL.gif (156KB, 281x500px) Image search: [Google]
71kg1ZSf-GL.gif
156KB, 281x500px
>>377984596
Wrong.
>>
This was actually my first MGS game. Only one that I actually beat, probably because it's portable.
I liked recruiting people onto my team. It was fun.
>>
I liked all the PSP Metal Gear games, except the first Acid. It was meh.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.