[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who owns the Stalker IP? Can a sequel be possible being made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Who owns the Stalker IP? Can a sequel be possible being made by anyone? Would any of you faggots play a sequel set in the Fukushima exclusion zone?
>>
GSC still. The faggot director is hoarding it still.
And yes
>>
>>377978701
Why the fuck would that faggot be hoarding a non-use shekel printing IP? Makes no sense, he probably has no power to shut down things like Nintendo right?
>>
>>377979161
Base from the interview, they saved everything they worked on before GSC went under for awhile. From the models to the engine for stalker 2.

The reason he closed the company for sometime is that he wasn't happy with the development stalker 2 because history was about to repeat itself. The first stalker was gonna come out 2005 I think but it came out 2007. So from what we can assume, they probably don't want that to happen again.
>>
>>377978701
>>377979512
didnt GSC reopen recently? what happened with that?
>>
>>377979512
Well if he isn't going to bother making the game an indie group should. Instead of those groups focusing on ancient games that will inevitably get shut down like ChronoTrigger, Final Fantasy, Metroid and Mother those people should focus that talent in making a sequel to the greatest survival shooter ever made. Fucking upsets me that there are people with the autism to make games and continue where old developers left off but it's wasted on bullshit with Nintenturd and other gook companies.
>>
>>377979798
Since 2014, They released Cossacks 3. I was hoping it would sell overwhelmingly good so that they could use the money for STALKER 2.

I am a huge stalker fan, so I kept up with any news related to stalker for so long.

>>377980056
Well, GSC is still around so only time will tell if they announce stalker 2.
>>
>>377980128
>I was hoping it would sell overwhelmingly good so that they could use the money for STALKER 2.
It sold pretty decently IIRC and they're still updating the game. STALKER 2 could still be a thing, but i kind of doubt it will happen soon because most of the people who worked on the games left the company.
>>
>>377980425
But don't they still have like 90% of the assets and game already made but just put on hold? If thry ever released it now the 2010 graphics wouod not bother me at all because onoing ai'm playing a Stalker that isn't Clearsky, SoC and CoP would make me happy already.
>>
>>377980661
its probably because most of those assets are outdated. I wouldn't mind playing STALKER 2 with shitty graphics either, but it would put off most people who arent familiar with the series.
>>
>>377980942
Those normes don't deserve Stalker. Thry've sgit up too many games as is. Man I just wish one of those autism indie groups were working on a proper Stalker sequel instrad of bullshit NES, jap owned games that were going nowhere.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.