[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitman studio Io Interactive suffers layoffs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: shitman.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shitman.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
http://www.pcgamer.com/hitman-studio-io-interactive-suffers-layoffs/

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/866997673412501506/photo/1

>The future of the Hitman series was put in jeopardy earlier this month when Square Enix announced plans to "withdraw from the business" of developer Io Interactive. The situation seemed to brighten shortly after, when a rumor surfaced indicating that Io will retain the rights to Hitman and proceed with work on the second season. But an update tweeted today indicates that less than two weeks after the studio was put on the block, it has been forced to let employees go.

>The number of employees affected by the cuts isn't known, nor is the status of Square Enix's efforts to sell the studio. It's obviously not good news, but the potential upside is that reduced staff levels could help make Io more attractive to potential buyers. It's also possible—although this is purely speculation—that the layoffs are a condition of a buyout agreement that's been reached but not yet announced.

hahahahah...

*breathes in*

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHA
>>
Deserved
>>
That's what they get for pushing their episodic trash
>>
>>377971621
And their DENUVO shit
>>
>>377971212
damn because it was actually a good game but the problem is it was completely fucking broken

>crash on load (unplayable)
>crashes ingame
>episodic content buggy
>DRM always online broken
>>
A shame. I heard the game is actually better than Absolution.
>>
>>377971212
Greedy fucks get what they deserve, all they had to do was make a blood money 2 but nooooo, lets throw in some fucking episodes, always online and bunch of other trash like Denuvo.
>>
>finally make a worthy successor to BM
>die soon after
>>
>>377971212
I was never interested in hitman and watched the series rise and fall without playing a single game. Looking back at youtube vids and stuff, some of them were pretty cool.

Episodic release of a single player game with this type of gameplay is one of the dumbest ideas I can think of.
>>
>>377972132
none of this things happened to me. git gud, faggot.
>>
>>377972517
>DUHHH THEY DONT HAPPENED TO ME
I bought the game shortly after season 1 complete came out and i still cant fucking play it.

kys muh dood
>>
>>377972456
It's greed, plain and simple. Bunch of out of touch suits sitting in Square Enix thinking of how they can leach this large market of gamers.
>>
>>377972574
works for me™ since launch
>>
>People blaming the developer for publisher decisions

Every time. Those fucking Japs forced this shit on them, and now they're fucking them over to cover up their gigantic failure with FFXV. I can't wait for FF7 remake to fail for the same episodic bullshit and they have no one to blame but themselves.
>>
File: 20170217_060309_thumb.png (240KB, 554x313px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_060309_thumb.png
240KB, 554x313px
>>377973472
>>
>>377972402
It literally was BM2 though.
>>377971621
It was Square Enix that forced them to do all of those retarded anti-consumer business practices. No need to blame the developers because they got dicked by a bunch of out-of-touch gooks that are trying to use the western games industry as their retarded fucking testing platform for how much jewry they can get away with.
>>
File: meme.jpg (100KB, 656x576px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
100KB, 656x576px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.