[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Smash and why is it Smash 64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1437198238123.jpg (91KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1437198238123.jpg
91KB, 500x707px
What is the best Smash and why is it Smash 64?
>>
It's smash 64. I'll beat your scrub ass with Pikachu, jigglypuff, ness, or donkeykong.

Pikachu is just for tryharding though.
>>
>tfw kinda wanna play Smash64
>no N64 or controllers
>>
Because it was made to be fun. Not made to be competitive. Didn't have autists wanting to make it a "fighting" game. It was pure and taken as it was. The others are tainted from previously mentioned.
>>
>>377970332
Just buy one anon. It's worth it. Going from Melee to 64 is an enlightening experience.
>>
do people not realize that this chart is supposed to be ironic any more or do you actually like brawl best
>>
>>377970569
what the fuck are you talking about, smash 64 had a competitive scene as well (and still does). the fact is melee ended up being better competitively and thus it took off more.
>>
>>377970912
People don't realize it's ironic
>>
>>377969827
Someone post the correct version of this
You know the one
>>
>>377970993
>Melee is better competitively
>Half the cast is unviable

Pick one.
>>
>>377971095
Let me guess, it lists muh sm4sh as best and melee as second worst, huh?
>>
Smash 64 was fun for its time but every game since has surpassed it, maybe except Brawl.
>>
>>377971234
the entire cast is viable. it's just that half of the cast requires more work to be "viable" (in the sense of having potential to win a tournament)

certain characters are better than others, and have less disadvantages, but that doesn't mean that just because I pick fox and my opponent picks Donkey Kong means I automatically win
>>
>>377971234
You don't need a viable cast to be competitive. If street fighter 2 had 60 more characters that were objectively garbage would the game be less competitive?
>>
>>377971341
No, I'm looking for the one with Tabuu
>>
>>377971234

Melee's engine is infinitely more deep then smash 64's.It's the only game in the series that has mechanics which can be considered above that of a typical "party game".

and the 20xx memes are a complete lie, the top 2 players in melee main characters who are widely agreed to be not even close to the top, with hbox and armada being the only real relevant mains of their characters.
>>
>>377971474
Yeah because if i pick the machine gun and my oponent picks the pocket knife that doesnt mean i automatic win.
Still there is a huge advantage.
>>
>>377971474
That's not what viable means anon.

None will ever beat armada with anyone but marth, fox, other fox or hbox. (sheik isn't a great matchup)_
>>
Brawl > Smash 4
>>
>>377971474
Uhh, except yes, it literally does. Just because theoretically some characters can be better than others means literally nothing. In 64 every character can beat every character due to the way the game is designed, anyone can combo anyone to death. What you described much better fits 64 than it will ever fit Melee.

>>377971683
Clearly you've never watched nor played Smash 64. While Melee has more mechanics, and objectively it might have more depth, Smash 64 is still and incredibly depthful game, and it's much more satisfying and interesting to play. Smash 64 has actual combos, and an entire cast that is viable, while Melee only the toppest of tiers have actual combos. Also, the Smash 64 metagame is still expanding, while Melee is becoming incredibly stagnant.
>>
Smash 4 is the best
By the way Jigglypuff's position on the tier list is wrong, it should be inverted
>>
>>377972002

I'm not discrediting smash 64 by saying it isn't a competitive game. The fact of the matter is, the majority of the people who watch and play competitive games cannot appreciate complex neutral/punish games, and this is why melee will forever have more views and attention than sm4sh, smash 64 and brawl ever will. This is what I mean when I say melee is more suited competitively and "above" a party game.
>>
>>377972229
I can't deny that Melee has more viewers, but I don't think it's the result of anything more than circumstance. Smash 64 community is composed of much older players, and they don't try that hard to make it come to life. It's slowly picking up steam. As it is, Melee is still a niche game (compared to larger esports). Melee has tons of matchups though like you mentioned, very slow, and it usually puts the viewers to sleep. I guess if you mean that it's more suited on a grand scale, I would still have to disagree. Smash 64 simply hasn't gotten the attention it needs, and who knows if it ever will. It's a hard game to access (although it's MUCH easier to netplay than Melee) and there is less "storyline" as they would put it. Just think of how less popular Melee would be without the documentaries.
>>
>>377969827
Melee > Brawl = Sm4sh > 64
>>
Holy shit what the fuck is Bayonetta
This can't be legal
Who allowed this
>>
File: Fite me.png (260KB, 403x572px) Image search: [Google]
Fite me.png
260KB, 403x572px
>>377971095
Gotcha covered senpai
>>377971341
That's were you're wrong kiddo
>>
File: 1495676356538.jpg (88KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1495676356538.jpg
88KB, 500x707px
>>377969827
>Smash series
>Real fighting game
Pick one.
>>
File: 1423332110794.png (73KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
1423332110794.png
73KB, 290x200px
>>377969827
WHAT IS THIS SHIT WITH THE BRAIN?
>>
PM = Melee > 64 > Brawl > Sm4sh

>>377976314
facebook maymays since this is what /v/ has come to, can't make our own so steal it from normalfags while saying they hate them
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.