[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tyranny Flopped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: tyranny.jpg (204KB, 627x662px) Image search: [Google]
tyranny.jpg
204KB, 627x662px
https://www.pcgamesn.com/tyranny/tyranny-sales-paradox-obsidian

>“Obsidian did a great job of capitalising on the timing of Kickstarter and the wave of nostalgia for these type of titles,” goes his hypothesis. “We've seen that most of the titles after Pillars of Eternity, if you look at Wasteland, Torment - they haven't been anywhere near that kind of success. So maybe it's that a lot of nostalgia fed into the initial bubble and that's why. These games have a market, but it's never gonna be that peak [again].”

OH WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?

Obsidian... makes a game... THAT DOESN'T SELL? WOOOOOOOOOOOW.
>>
>Obsidian game sucks
>I-IT'S THE B-TEAMS FAULT!

>Obsidian game doesn't sell
>N-NO MARKETING! THE PUBLISHERS FAULT!
>>
Just make good games. I don't get what's so hard about it.
>>
>>377967153
It's time you ended yourself senpai. Thanks!
>>
>>377967445
Apparently it's really hard when you have no passion for it
>>
Writing and gameplay was inhibited for moral reasons. Someone didn't want to go with the theme properly and go wild so it became a medicore mess that didn't convince anyone and doesn't have any memorable characters or conversations.
If you go with an setting about morality then you have to lure players deep down the rabbit hole of human depravity and give them the freedom to do bad things and then toy with the responsbility that results from any such decision and interaction. The game had none of that and as such failed to deliver on its premise.
>>
File: 1460097032521.png (569KB, 1021x906px) Image search: [Google]
1460097032521.png
569KB, 1021x906px
>>
>>377968514
You should play Inquisitor
>>
>>377968972
I did. It was a great game for its time - at least in terms of writing and characters. Mechanically it was a bit bland though.
>>
File: 1460096680290.jpg (216KB, 1080x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1460096680290.jpg
216KB, 1080x1820px
>>
JUUUST
>>
Why is thread being spammed over and over again?
>>
File: sarkpwns (2).jpg (54KB, 627x379px) Image search: [Google]
sarkpwns (2).jpg
54KB, 627x379px
>>
>>377970423
Remember that guy spamming the "Is Sawyer a bigger bitch than Anthony Burch" or "Le "I hate romances" /v/ meme" threads? It's most likely the same guy
>>
>>377971175
And that other pasta about the PoE stronghold. And the other one with that "Wasteland 2 is the real Fallout 3" image.

I hope at least it's a bot, because if not, goddamn. Even by 4chan measures that would be a sad existence.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.