[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: rip.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
Game is Xenosaga, have heard about it b/c I played Xenoblade, but not sure if its worth downloading/ running it on an emulator. Your thoughts>
>>
>>377955291
I guarantee you that you will get a lot of polarizing opinions about it. Your best bet is to play it yourself and see how you like it.

That said, don't go into it expecting anything like Xenoblade. It is a much heavier on narrative and themes.
>>
>>377955831
Yea thats just about what i thought from looking at reviews and such.
>>
xenosaga 1 was good when it came out but aged like shit

xenosaga 2 is mediocre as fuck

xenosaga 3 is a great game

play xenogears before you prioritize xenosaga
>>
Its alright but it reeks of a director/team who didn't really have any idea what they wanted to do, each game's style and gameplay are different.
>>
>>377955291
I've played a bit of the first.

Xenosaga is a very story-heavy game. The combat is a bit interesting and unusual compared to a typical JRPG, although you can quickly build up to the point where you simply have the best setup available. I've heard mixed things about playing through the whole series of three games, although do be prepared for a rather standard JRPG experience. (wander around, lots of battles, get story cutscenes, move onto the next area)

About the biggest accomplishment that Xenosaga has was "successfully" doing the multi-game story arc. Golden Sun was fairly weak and .hack// was 90% grind, so a series which stuck with focusing on the story was interesting. Apparently they had to wrap things up earlier than planned, though. I've heard that Xenosaga was originally planned as a 6-game series.

One thing to note is that it has none of the concepts which helped Xenoblade stand out. It doesn't have large worlds with interesting interactions with AI monsters, or with gathering stuff around areas. It doesn't have large towns full of NPCs and quests which can give branching results. It doesn't have whatever that clusterfuck the combat in Xenoblade Chronicles ended up. So sure, give Xenosaga 1 a try, but not because you are expecting more Xenoblade.
>>
>>377956750
thanks for the suggestion, anon
yeah, "clusterfuck" is a pretty good way to describe Xenoblade's combat
>>
>>377956750
>It doesn't have whatever that clusterfuck the combat in Xenoblade Chronicles ended up

are you kidding me, xenosaga I/II have the most clusterfucked combat systems in the series
>>
>>377956750
But Anon, there was already a better multi-game story arc JRPG by the time Xenosaga 3 was released.
>>
>>377959003
Don't try telling me Golden Sun because that was incredibly weak.

And no, Shining Force 3/Phantasy Star 4 doesn't count because they were never localized, so basically nobody had the chance to play them. Xenosaga still stood out as the big noteworthy game for doing the whole story arc that an english-speaking audience saw.
>>
>>377959269
>english-speaking

Well alright then. You got me.
>>
>>377956016
This, and if you're getting into Xeno start with gears.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (22KB, 451x326px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
22KB, 451x326px
Play Xenogears first
>>
Do you like watching anime? Because I counted two hours worth of cutscenes for twenty minutes of gameplay.

Oh yeah, and the combat system is fucked.
>>
>>377956750
>It doesn't have whatever that clusterfuck the combat in Xenoblade Chronicles ended up

yeah, it has something even more fucked up
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.