[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the span of a single console generation, Microsoft somehow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (209KB, 530x297px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
209KB, 530x297px
In the span of a single console generation, Microsoft somehow managed to fuck one of the most recognizable gaming brands into the dirt.
>The most autistic name for any console that has ever existed.
>No exclusive games, shares library with PC, everything worth playing is a remake.
>Launch was the biggest laughing stock in gaming history.
>DRM and online requirement that was only fixed after the damage was done.
>Couldn't even release a compilation port of old Halo games without game-breaking bugs.
>Bigger and uglier than your first girlfriend.
>No unique or redeeming features whatsoever.
>Arguably worse at almost everything than the Xbox 360.

Seriously, what shitrat conceived this device?
>>
Xbox has always been a weird entity to me

>Used to bum off of "that kid" just so I could play his Xbox because he had a console I didn't have
>Got one for Christmas but only ever got like two or three games on it before it melted in a housefire
>Got a 360 because I really liked Dead Rising
>Got to experience the full evolution from the fucking sweet blades menu all the way to ads ads ads ads ads
>Stopped playing my 360 when I bought a PS3 slim
>Never looked back

I kid you not - Sometimes I genuinely forget that the Xbox One exists. I give that little of a shit about the Xbox brand.
>>
>>
>>377937605
>Got to experience the full evolution from the fucking sweet blades menu all the way to ads ads ads ads ads
This was pretty much the tipping point for me. Once they ditched blades for NXE, I knew it was all downhill.
>>
>>377937079
so many anti xbox threads today....

Did Microsoft announce something good or did Sony fuck up something recently?
>>
>>377937734
That presentation put Reggie's cringiest moments to complete and utter shame.
>>
This is an example of corporate taking over and not having a clue. Remember the Indian? guy who was the spokesman before they handed it back over to Spencer and the games division? Remember the initial reveal? TV TV Sports TV Movies TV Sports Sports TV Movies. They were trying to make a Netflix box first and console second.
>>
>>377938116
I just don't get it. I mean, I understand that they wanted to shift the brand focus after realizing that consoles are a dying market, but some of their choices were just so autistic that you have to wonder what in the fuck is going on in their marketing department. Think about this, somebody literally got paid to come up with the name "One". Just let that sink in.
>>
File: 1490362873536.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
1490362873536.gif
2MB, 244x194px
>>377937734
He didn't actually say that, did he?
>>
Yet it still managed to recover selling a shockingly high 50% of what the PS4 did and selling almost evenly with the PS4 in the US.
>>
>>377938051
Game Pass came out today, and its pretty great.
>>
>>377938431
>He wasn't there for the absolute goddamn fucking shitshow that was the Xbone reveal
>>
File: 8795987.png (225KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
8795987.png
225KB, 800x764px
>>377937734
good goy. lets all blame this single individual and ignore all those investors and stock holders who make the decisions.
>>
>>377938571
>Yet it still managed to recover selling a shockingly high 50% of what the PS4 did and selling almost evenly with the PS4 in the US.
That's pretty pathetic given how much cash MS threw at the Xbox brand to build it over the course of two prior generations. They were the fucking king for a long time, then they threw it all away and gave the crown right back to Sony.
>>
>>377938801
Nobody is blaming him alone. He was just the messenger for a very autistic message, so naturally he's going to get shit on for it.
>>
>>377938431
Did you forget about the shitty Xbone reveal? It was real.

>>377938051
I guess its being skeptical of the Scorpio. It looks powerful but there's barely any games for it announced.
>>
>>377938431
The PR after the Xbox One reveal was a fucking disaster and is why MS basically fucked up this generation.
>>
>>377938801
He's arguably singlehandedly responsible for killing the Xbox brand in the eyes of the public
>>
>>377938431
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTAKSBvuT-A
1:50
>>
>>377939554
Watching this fucking hurts.
>>
>>377939554
buried Microsoft in one swoop of a sentence. They never dug out of it
>>
>>377940113
>They never dug out of it
It's funny, because for the longest time MS seemingly prioritized their console business and neglected the PC game market. Now, they realize that their brand will never recover so they're slowly merging the Xbox brand back into the PC market, effectively killing it and re-absorbing their player base.
>>
>>377939554
That shit was so great
>>
>>377939554
Did they ever actually do something with the power of the cloud? Last i heard of it was when they said that all the collapsing building in Carckdown were handled by the cloud.
What a horrible launch though, they tried their best to make it better right away but it was alrady too late and then they alwas make some stupid decisions every few months like cancelling Scalebound and other shit
>>
>>377938431
He got fired for it.
>>
The Xbone may have been a total shitshow and the death knell for the Xbox brand, but it was pretty fucking funny.
>>
>>377938571
Xbox should've been storming this gen if they just made the 360-2
the PS4 is only ahead because it's not the Xbox One
>>
>>377937079
>Bigger and uglier than your first girlfriend.
Only point I don't agree with especially the Xbox One S is pretty sleek.

At least we got a good controller out of it, been using an xbone controller on my PC for months and love it sadly thats really the only thing worth mentioning about it.
>>
>>377940841
>Only point I don't agree with especially the Xbox One S is pretty sleek.
That's a redesign that hasn't even been out for an entire year. If you compare the launch Xbone to a launch PS4, the PS4 is way sleeker.

I have a fat Xbone and while the size doesn't bother me that much, it shouldn't have been significantly larger than the more powerful PS4. What makes it even worse is the launch Xbone also has a huge power brick that always makes noise.
>>
ITT teenagers with no memory of previous generations.
>>
>sports game players are still brainwashed and believe xbox is good purely because 360 had a larger audience at one point in time
how long does it take for a meme to die? Microsoft could shit out crappy xbox PC lites forever and these people would still gobble them up
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.