[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphics tweak general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: c03735151[1].jpg (47KB, 542x467px) Image search: [Google]
c03735151[1].jpg
47KB, 542x467px
How efficient is using nvidia 3d management for specific games? Better or worse than in game settings?
>>
File: Capture_8x_ss.png (3MB, 1282x957px) Image search: [Google]
Capture_8x_ss.png
3MB, 1282x957px
Setting everything to max in the control pannel makes Recettear look pretty good at 1440p

I still not sure if I made the best settings or not. Im retarded when it comes to this stuff
>>
I enable v-sync globally since I do that for every game anyway and it will always have triple buffering or whatever. I don't know, I swear it works better in games when enabled in the control panel. Sometimes games don't have AF, so I enable it in the control panel for specific games. For example, Sleeping Dog's wet roads look like nasty old cum unless you have 16x AF which uses like 1 FPS of performance anyway and helps a lot, and they were too stupid to have it in-game. I wouldn't suggest enable post-process anti-aliasing because if I'm not mistaken, it will blur UI elements too if done through the control panel. You should enable MLAA since all that does is enhance MSAA when the setting is turned on in-game, and there's no harm in ticking all the DSR options since you can just choose your monitor's native resolution in-game if you don't want it on. Sometimes using ambient occlusion from the control panel will allow you to use HBAO in game instead of the inferior SSAO.
>>
>>377929828

I honestly don't understand it. Ive noticed it too that in sometimes I get better results with less performance issues when I change certain settings in the control panel. Did nvidia design the drivers/hardware like that or is it just in my head?
>>
>>377930396
I can't completely wrap my head around it, but supposedly some games have triple buffering and some don't, but you can enable triple buffering to always be on in the control panel, so the v-sync is more consistent across games. Someone feel free to reply and call me a retard though because I'm not sure.
One thing to understand though is that a lot of the settings jut don't work in-game. Like I said about ambient occlusion. The only game I've seen so far where enabling HBAO actually makes it happen in-game is MGS5, which only has SSAO. And it does look better, gets rid of that black glow around shit while still providing the rest of the benefits of ambient occlusion.
>>
>>377927845
Are you retarded? You can use nvidia inspector and control panel to work around individual game specific issues. That's why there are different profiles...

Are you fucking 12? Or mac-faggot? Either case: kys

Try to solve the 3 letter riddle
>>
So far my only issue is that changing settings in control panel is a little less convenient. It great since many games don't have the option the control panel gives you but having to close the game then change the settings constantly to get it just right can be a bit annoying
>>
File: AlQC9Z8.jpg (541KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AlQC9Z8.jpg
541KB, 1500x1000px
>>
>>377930807
not every game(engine) allows you to override stuff.
Its mostly working in DX9-11 games.
AF usually works but things like forced vsync or AO are hit and miss.
>>
File: enb supplement edition.jpg (1MB, 3824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
enb supplement edition.jpg
1MB, 3824x1200px
>>377933917
AO can be forced in any game using the inspector I think, with varying quality.
>>
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.