[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2591.jpg (100KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2591.jpg
100KB, 400x399px
So with all of the reveal trailers and the gameplay that was shown for this upcoming game, what do you guys think so far about it?
>>
>>377921768
looks fun
>>
There's a higher chance I'll get it when it comes out on PC but it really comes down to whether my friends get it
>>
>>377921768
>Watching trailers
>Buying into advertising
>Getting hyped for any game

Are you retarded OP?
>>
It's an utter shit
>>
>>377921849
Same, but my group is split on it. Two are tired of getting jewed, one is starting a family and he'll never play games again and two others eagerly want to gargle more semen. I'm on the fence because I enjoyed the co-op stuff from 1 but that was it, and I expect more of the same for 2.
>>
>>377922421
The only reason I'm on the fence is, while my friends are all excited about it, we never play games with each other anymore anyway. So now that I think about it if I end up picking it up I'll really only be playing with one guy from my group. huh
>>
I'm kinda excited. As long as it has more content than D1, im satisfied. The core gameplay was fine and didn't really need much changing, the main problem was a lack of content.
I like how they are putting grimoire actually in the game now.
Though, I am a bit concerned with the new talent/perk-selection system since the new version is a lot less customizable.
>>
Console users are going to be so assblasted when they see how superior the PC version will be. People who are excited for Scorpio are already furious that D2 is confirmed locked to 30fps for all consoles.
>>
Destiny one was shill garbage, I'm not wasting my money on bunjews latest instalment
>>
>>377921768
I'll buy it when once the complete discounted version is out
>>
More of the same. Buy it if you have friends or are willing to make some, because it's fucking fun in a group.
>>
>>377923553
just like WoW 10 years ago
>>
>>377921768
Looks cool, never played or seen footage of the first one.
One thing tho is that I really wonder how a FPS with so few enemies at the screen at the same time can be a fun Diablo-like grind/lootfest, especially when I hear that the first Destiny has a quite huge following on consoles.
Cause I ain't shilling 60 euro for the campaign alone.
>>
It's literally an expansion to Destiny 1.

Is anything different at all? The UI is the same, animations and models are all the same, just with an extra fucking raid.
>>
>>377921768
I thought that I'm watching some clickbait vids with destiny 1 gameplay.
>>
Destiny 1.7

It doesn't change a whole lot, from what we have seen. One raid sucks. Barely touching the subclasses sucks. Like how are you going to reuse all grenade types and then only add one new ability per class which just divides into 2.
>>
>>377923652
Halo 2 and 3 were pretty fun Halo expansions
>>
>>377921768
PvP changes look good. Class changes look okay so far. Looking forward to the dungeons and side quests(we better finally get some dark guardian shit).

But after experiencing vanilla Destiny from the start, I know better than to buy into Bungie's hype. Just staying cautiously optimistic.
>>
>Company worth billions makes game that will guaranteed sell millions of copies
>will probably have multiple dlc releases that make the 'base game' obsolete
>too cheap to have dedicated servers

Bungie can fuck off trying to fuck their consumers in the ass just because their fans will take it. The game will probably be very fun to play, but I won't be buying it because fuck Bungie.
>>
>>377923652
What about the expansions for Call of Duty, such as Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare and Infinte Warfare?
>>
On one hand, I'm going to get it because it's Destiny on PC. On the other hand, I have Data Structures and Algorithms around D2's release date. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't pick up what is likely to be PC's biggest cheat infested shit hole of our lives.
>>
>>377923652
>UI is the same
That's one thing they did change, though.
>>
File: IMG_2528.jpg (27KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2528.jpg
27KB, 224x225px
>>377921942
Did I say I liked it?
>>
>>377924781
This. Also fuck Activision and fuck Blizzard.
>>
Looking forward to the new expansion. Don't know why they've called it Destiny 2 though. What are they going to call the actual sequel?
>>
>>377924256
>4v4 max
>still peer to peer
>looks good

Come on, man.
>>
>>377926606
>>
Don't get me wrong, pop being peer-to-peer is horseshit. I'm just speaking about the actual mechanics. I like 4v4, the longer ttk, reduced ability spam, abilities being more for supporting gunplay.

I might be wrong and its garbage in execution, but on paper it seems good to me.
>>
>>377921768
It just looks like another fucking expansion. A few new weapon types, subclasses, and a raid.

Though I haven't ruled out playing it yet. I had a lot of fun with the first game but the main problem was the lack of content. If they flesh out the story more and have more to do besides endlessly repeating the same bounties/strikes/raids then I might get interested. Also the trailer made it seem like we'll be able to visit the city since the tower was destroyed, which is cool.
>>
the 4v4 thing is really fucking this up for me. problem is if its anything like the first one it will run out of content in a week and crucible will be the only thing left to do, and I don't want autistic 4v4 crucible matches

I like big battles. fuck, I like the vehicle stages too
>>
>>377925234
They are using blizzards launcher, so I hope to see much of the same policy that overwatch has, if that's the case it might not be that bad
>>
File: 1493828254153.jpg (175KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493828254153.jpg
175KB, 960x960px
>>377921942
How sad can you be, anon?

>people get excited for thing
>I don't like thing
>people are retarded for that
>>
Is the first one worth getting for a single player playthrough?
>>
File: Warframe_Cover_Art.png (134KB, 250x299px) Image search: [Google]
Warframe_Cover_Art.png
134KB, 250x299px
>>377921768
you can just play pic related instead
>>
>>377931558
I haven't played since year one and I'm considering doing all the dlc. IDK if it'll be worth it though.
>>
>>377931762
Ain't the samerican kind of grind. Warframe has way, way more emphasis on materials and long term payoff while destiny focuses more on gear and short term payoff.
>>
File: jK4OFOy.jpg (23KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
jK4OFOy.jpg
23KB, 460x287px
>>377921768

i'll pass
>>
File: 1484225816703.png (71KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484225816703.png
71KB, 261x192px
>no 4th class
>only 4v4

fucking lazy making me mad there is no 4th class nor bigger firefights

I'm still gonna shill
>>
>>377922421
Dad here. Gaming doesn't die, just significantly reduced. Need to pick games with more discretion as you have less time, so I rarely play day one of a release, and only buy a maybe 3-4 games per year. I'll watch YouTube and read reviews on the shitter, then decide if it's worth it. I loved Destiny 1(after all the expansions, vanilla was awful), so likely will pick up 2, but not on initial release. I'll ha e to deal with spoilers, but don't really care
>>
>>377923652
Not really, though. The subclasses are significantly different, and that was a huge part of D1 gameplay. The gun system was overhauled too, with pretty much all secondary weapons moved to the heavy/ power slot. Enemy variation is probably similar, so I get it if you wished for more types of things to shoot, but that's every game. Rarely does a game completely change the bad guys
>>
Ill get it. Dunno if on ps4 pro or pc but will get it. I got first one before Rise of Iron dlc came out and loved it.
>>
>>377921768
Nah.
And I played the first one a shit ton, even soloing the most of VoG and all of Crota before doing them with a fireteam due to autism of not wanting to get on the mic. Once my friends saw how much fun I was having, they jumped in and we raided and played the game for a solid year. Getting wasted and raiding was some of the most fun I ever had in video, even funner than TBC/Wrath raids.
>>
>>377923765
New planets doe. More pronounced side shit, more exploration because of secret mini bosses etc
>>
>>377931126
But he's right.

Trailers and advertising have proven time and time again that they indicate absolutely nothing about the actual quality of the game.
>>
>>377937482
I like what I've seen of EDZ and Nessus. IO and Titan look boring.
>Vex world
Should have had a whole snow area, the patrol zone in RoI isn't big enough.

Adventures really need to be long chain quests, questing in Destiny was always really bad.
>secret mini bosses
Just sponges of existing enemies most likely. The best thing they did for on-planet stuff is queuing while being on planets and fast traveling to other planets without orbit load screens.
>>
>>377937590
i was about to call you a jaded asshole but then i remembered no mans sky, holy shit you really cant trust those fuckers at all
>>
>>377921768
No dedicated servers on PC means it's pretty much DoA for me. They can talk all they want about a more meaningful open world, but we all know it's just gonna be like The Division where the only people you see are the ones you added to your squad and PvP is completely destroyed by client side hacking.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.