[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a reasonably current space game like Freelancer? Even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Space n stuff.jpg (40KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
Space n stuff.jpg
40KB, 634x356px
What is a reasonably current space game like Freelancer?

Even a "Skyrim in space" would do. Fly around space, do jobs for people, become a merchant, etc.
>>
>>377920637
cant think of any good one
eve online if you dont mind zzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz
also egosoft have released information that they are working on X4 which unlike x rebirth will be actual X game. So you can hype.
>>
>>377920637

Despite the apparent resurgence of the genre, there really isn't anything.

Elite Dangerous is probably the closest.....but fuck it's dull.

If you can stomach how fucking casual it is (and it's total lack of a third dimension) you might find some solace in Rogue Galaxy, but it's casual even by the standards of Freelancer, and Freelancer was pretty fucking casual.

There's also the X series which is pretty great, but you'll be fighting the UI and generally cumbersome design for the first few hours.

Also, it's a bit different but check out Starsector, it's probably the only recent space game that's given me anything even remotely approaching a chub in the last decade.
>>
>>377921427
>egosoft have released information that they are working on X4 which unlike x rebirth will be actual X game
Noice.
>>
>>377921479

Fuck i'm retarded.

Rebel Galaxy, not Rogue Galaxy.
>>
this thread should be much more popular, no wonder why vidya sucks recently.
>>
The reason these games died is because they don't work on consoles
>>
>>377922131
is that crap that was on mobile phones and then got ported to PC?
>>
>>377922794

I do believe so, it's honestly disturbing how many space games that currently describes though.

>>377922765

The irony is that Freelancer would work perfectly on consoles and the mmo-lite MP would probably be hugely popular.
>>
Well, like stated earlier the closest thing is probably ELITE and then Scam Citizen when it's "released"

I have been looking for something along those lines too. I just want to trade Contraband with Pirates and Terrorists like in Freelancer again...
>>
I had a game similar to this for Palm Pilot, probably the only good thing I had for it. I can't for the life of me remember that game.
>>
>>377923080
>>377922765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj56okQaxZI

Friendly reminder ;_;7
>>
>>377921427
>>377921479
Thanks for the info lads.
In honesty, there was a detail I neglected to mention (mainly because too many "conditions" on the OP can be deterring), I'm looking for a game for my dad. He has no internet, and can't afford it.
He really loved Freelancer, and was really looking forward to Elite Dangerous until he found out it required constant online. From what you guys have mentioned, Rebel Galaxy, a choice of an X-game and Starsector all seem to be the type of thing I'm looking for for him (that is if they are offline friendly). Does anyone have any idea of quality of Dark Star One?

Also, please don't let the fact that I started this thread looking for a game deter any other discussion of space-related games. More discussion is always welcome.
>>
>>377924017
Your pops has some good taste. Wing Commander ist pretty cool too. It's also made by the Freelancer devs but also an older game.
>>
>>377920637
>Skyrim in space

No man's sky.
>>
>>377924017

Haven't played Dark Star One, but something else that's well worth checking out is Starpoint Gemini 2, as a bonus it's literally free on Steam at the moment, so if you can at least download it, he can play it offline etc
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.