[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we save Street Fighter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 20

File: usf2.png (64KB, 641x347px) Image search: [Google]
usf2.png
64KB, 641x347px
How do we save Street Fighter?
>>
Stop dumbing it down for retards
>>
bring back alpha
>>
take it from Capcom and give it to a competent company
>>
>>377911057
Literally just needed to be a third of the price.

Or they should have put actual effort into this version and justified its $40 price point by re-doing all the sprites, adding a bunch more characters and stages, adding modes like World Tour instead of that wagglan minigame. It should have been the 2017 version of Street Fighter 2, with as many bells and whistles as possible.

Fuck, they could have even taken the NRS route and done a full story mode with clips taken from the old Street Fighter 2 animated movie.

This is a $10 digital release being sold for $40 and that's precisely why it's getting the scores it is.
>>
File: 34563450.jpg (244KB, 634x1071px) Image search: [Google]
34563450.jpg
244KB, 634x1071px
>>377911057
>see score
>christ, how did they fuck up an SF2 port
>most of the lower scoring reviews are just complaining about the price / lack of new content
>>
why so low? the game itself isn't bad, should be around 75% because it's not news but that's it.
>>
File: Marvel_vs_Capcom_logo.png (34KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_vs_Capcom_logo.png
34KB, 300x166px
>>377911057
by trashing it and focusing on the superior series
>>
>>377911538
price shouldn't be part of the global score of a game. low price doesn't make a shit game better, high price doesn't make a good game bad. It HAS to be noted, but it shouldn't affect the global score. Especially on the internet where people will get different pricing depending on where they live and when they buy the game. Remember splatoon, people complained "it's not worth 60$" and then the game was 25 fucking euros...
>>
>>377911057
Wait a minute. Does it have online feautures? Does the Switch even has online at this point?
>>
>>377911754
It is a little weird that the same people will give top marks to 2 hour long indie walking simulators like Edith Finch and Ethan Carter despite their similar prices.
>>
>>377911871
Yes it has online features and yes the Switch has a basic online, just not the full rollout of features.
>>
>>377911470
This whole post exactly.

If they cut the price by half (at the very least) and added several new characters that weren't just clones, it might've been received better. This was just lazy. Even worse, Capcom slapped $40 onto a lazy, no effort project.
>>
>>377912017
So it does have online multiplayer... Is it good?
>>
>>377911470
It will crash in price in like a month.

It will be $15/20 by Christmas when most people will actually get a switch.

Same as Bomberman and Tetris
>>
>>377911103
this

holy shit this
>>
Crapcom gonna crapcom
imagine if instead of 2 palette swapts they paid some intern to add, say, Juri and Necalli. Thos old games sprite sheets aren't that big.
>>
File: mfw.webm (448KB, 700x412px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.webm
448KB, 700x412px
>>377911470
>>377912234
The Eurogamer review actually blames Nintendo for the pricing which is weird

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-24-ultra-street-fighter-2-the-final-challengers-review
>But what claws at my disappointment, dragging it down into angry territory, is how much Nintendo charges for all this. £35 is an astonishing price to ask people to pay for what is, essentially, a 23-year-old game with online play.
>>
>>377912260
No one knows, Capcom haven't enabled it.
>>
>>377912520
wait, when people said "full price" I thought it was 60$. They are saying 35 is full price? why? This is really dishonest.
>>
character creator
>>
>>377912618
Fuck them, they probably are going to mess up again with the update this 30th for SFV and now they have another online game to worry about.
>>
>>377912649
£35 is basically full price. We pay £40 for most games in Bongland and usually you can find it a bit cheaper. The review mentions Injustice 2 on PS4 is on Amazon for £40
I don't know what this equates to in Burger money
>>
>>377912520
Does Nintendo set the price for their 3rd party games then? Do all console manufacturers do this?
>>
>>377913294
Reviewer says Nintendo are publishing this one in the comments and "we've dealt with Nintendo all the way on this one, not Capcom. They've handed distribution and PR at least, like previous Capcom games on Nintendo platforms."

I don't know desu, Nintendo's own site lists Capcom as publisher
>>
>>377913441
Nintendo are distributing in the UK and Australia, which is where the mixup is coming from. Capcom are publishing worldwide. Nintendo are just distributing in certain regions.
>>
Parry and Focus Attack mechanics in one game desu
>>
>>377913632
Well it's not like Nintendo could have a vastly lower price for UK and Aus regions if Capcom are charging higher elsewhere. Seems more like a Capcom issue, no?
>>
>>377913746
Seems like Nintendo are in the wrong, I'm glad Eurogamer are highlighting Nintendo's failures.
>>
File: 1490041653935.png (279KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
1490041653935.png
279KB, 480x436px
>>377913909
I'm trying to understand how though. I don't own a Switch, I'm not shilling for Nintendo here but if Capcom are publishing Worldwide, surely they're the ones who set the standard price?
Whereas Nintendo, just distributing in UK and Aus, set a price that's in accordance to what Capcom set for the rest of the world
>>
>>377914151
If Eurogamer are reporting it's a Nintendo problem rather than Capcom, that's what it is, there isn't really evidence otherwise.
>>
File: 1490182843527.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490182843527.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>377911057
Reminder for anyone trying to use this as console war ammunition:

If this succeeds on the Switch, Capcom will bring it to other platforms.
>>
All these reviews assume you own or played a version of SF2 already. What if you haven't, huh? What about us?
>>
Release an "Ultra Street Fighter Collection" with everything from II, III, Alpha, Puzzle Fighter and EX and all their variants with online support.

Can V on move on.

Do another Capcom vs SNK and Tatsunoku vs Capcom.

Fire the lead character designers.
>>
>>377914221
this better be sarcasm
>>
Ouch. That's gotta sting.

I assume the low scores are due to the price and the fuckawful motion control mode.
>>
>>377914339
>Release an "Ultra Street Fighter Collection" with everything from II, III, Alpha, Puzzle Fighter and EX and all their variants with online support.
They'd charge $200
>>
>>377914339
>Release an "Ultra Street Fighter Collection" with everything from II, III, Alpha, Puzzle Fighter and EX and all their variants with online support.
That would stretch the playerbase too thin. Just re-release one of the games with online support and updates
>>
>>377914312
$40 is still pretty steep for a 25 year old game, Boco.

>>377914339
This, also include Pocket Fighter in the "Ultra Street Fighter Collection."

If they can't make TvC2, then make Nintendo vs. Capcom instead.

Finally, make a new Darkstalkers.
>>
>>377914312
>tripfag has never played SF2
Not surprised.
>>
Still better than shit fighter V I'll bet.
>>
>>377914339
Can't do EX. They don't fully own it.
>>
>Tfw I love SF unconditionally
I've been playing equal amounts of ST and 3S on Fightcade, USFIV on Steam, and SFV on my Ps4. I also recently bought SSF2 for my SNES as it was part of my lost collection of games for the system.

Only recently got competitive with the games though so I suck, but my current goal is to reach Gold in SFV ranked and FADC consistently in USFIV to help my universal execution. Fuck, Street Fighter is great.
>>
>>377911598
too bad infinite looks like shit
>>
>>377911538
>>377911754
Asit gets older the price will only drop and reviewers rarely revisit old reviews.

Kinda fucked up that this score will always be there to discourage people, regardless capcom is retarded for setting the price so high in the first place.
>>
Why the FUCK did they port SFII again and not capcom vs SNK 2: greatest fighting game of all time edition?
>>
>>377914372
>no evidence showing any one other than Nintendo set prices
>Nintendo dealt with Eurogamer the entire time and led them to believe they handled everything outside of making the actual game
>It's Capcom's fault!
>>
>>377914508

Eh, I've spent more than that on worse.

Several times.
>>
>>377914651
Cuz they'd probably need SNK's permission/help. Too much effort.
>>
>>377914678
You should know the value of a dollar.

I myself have never played SF2 before and actually really want to play this, but there's no fucking way I'll pay $40 for this shit. I'll wait until it's $10.
>>
>>377911598
it looks like dogshit clearly made in one year
>>
>>377914525
Well, it has an Arcade mode.
>>
>>377914507
What about if you were to choose any version of any character in online?
>>
>>377914810

I really should.
>>
>>377911057
Stop dumbing it down and making shit decisions like making every normal stubby like 90% of the casts tools in SFV.

Regardless its time to move on. GG was always better KOF was always better and they're back. Tekken is back. There is no excuse to keep parading around the corpse of SF when SFV is a mediocre pile that with any other name would be a dead/weak community in a month meme game.

The talent is no longer there and they're designing fighters focus group tier as fuck now. If a tool is strong expect it to get nerfed. Capcom thinks a decent fireball is spamming now. Capcom thinks good framedata/pokes are braindead now.

There is no talent driving them anymore fighting game wise.
>>
>>377914508
>$40 is still pretty steep
this is bargaining. You decided to not like something so any value from 59 to 2$ will be "still too much".
It's like arguing with pirate fags that pretends "they will buy if the games were worth it".
>>
>>377914810
>game on nintendo system
>$10
never happening. They'll print 20 copies of it, and then it will be $80 forever
>>
$40 is a bit too much when the only major selling point is 2 "new" shoto clones and a couple gimmick modes you'll try once.

Fuck, they could have at least made a new "tag" mode for versus. May have breathed some life into it.
>>
>>377915157

Only if its first party. Like Nintendo sets some kind of rule for that.

Third party can drop, but its usually up to the store.
>>
>>377913635
People will hate on it for focus. Which is funny because KOF has max cancels , GG has roman cancels. V-trigger activation is like a pseudo FADC for most characters.

Its amusing that braindead idiots cannot pay attention to the opponents meter and bait when its obvious outside of combos i mean. People called dps "free escapes" in SF4

Hmmm so we are forgetting..
1. Objectively safe setups that make dps whiff so fadc
2. Backdash the dp and they whiff and full punish no fadc
3. Even if the dp lands on block and they fadc they pay 2 meter which isn't "free"
4. In USF4 they made the latter worse.

You seriously need to neck yourself if alittle baiting/meter knowledge is too much and you need fighters to remain so simple as. HEY HE DPD I GET PUNISH XD.

Dumb fucks would have heartaches when i do RC strings in GG.
>>
>>377914580
Loving the characters maybe. But otherwise this is pure fanaticism. Try GGXrdR or KOF14. KOF is also far better for honing execution/fundamentals.
>>
>>377915149
>game is 25 years old
>can buy multiple versions of it for much, much less cheaper
>can just play it for free on Fightcade
>game doesn't even really do that much to justify its $40 price point
>only adds two fucking clones, and a few shitty modes that you won't touch after playing them for five minutes at most
The sad thing is, this is kind of a sorely missed opportunity. It could've been cool if they had put some effort into this and added a bunch of new characters. But no, this is just Capcom being modern Capcom and then wondering why no one ever buys their games anymore.

>>377915290
This. Honestly, Nintendo's first-party games have no business being as expensive as they are years after they've come out.
>>
Should've had more characters instead of literal Ryu/Ken clones.

Would've been cool to see people like Rose, Twelve, C Viper, or Rashid in the SF2 engine. Sure, it wouldn't make sense in terms of story/lore, but who the fuck plays fighting games for the story?
>>
>>377914676
>Not realizing that the game is published by Capcom in NA and Japan. Where they undoubtedly set the price.
>Not understanding that Capcom could have just told Nintendo "here is the price" while handing off distribution and PR.
>Buuuut, but, Eurogamer says it's all Nintendo's fault. I trust them without any evidence to this claim being true.
>>
>capcom tries to make people pay out the ass for a content lacking product for the second year in the row

good job capcom
>>
File: Uncle Jessie.gif (992KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Jessie.gif
992KB, 245x285px
>>377911057
I would have bought this if it was an anthology game.

I get that 5 has to be exclusive but the best versions of 2, 3, 4 and alpha? I'd be all over that for $40.
>>
>>377915673
Fuck even sf4 3ds was a better deal and more relevant.
>>
>>377915545
>Shoto clones

If anything the bigger issue is
>LOL LETS HAVE A YEAR OF NEWCOMERS DESPITE HAVING A HUGE LIST OF CHARACTERS THAT COULD RETURN FOR 3S/Alpha

Ed is a boring character that is just standard basic rushdown like 90% of the cast and has a stupid input gimmick of no motions besides super
Kolin is alright but in a braindead game with a moveset that would be better honed for earlier SF games.
Akuma is neutered with subpar stubby pokes and instead of complex rushdown its basic strike throw to victory.

Fuck its pathetic i mean the game itself flat out sucks but Jesus atleast season 1 had relevant characters.
>>
>>377915545
Wouldn't have minded seeing Cody or guy using their final fight sprites but I assume it's too much work.

Also the review copies of the game don't have online enabled which means it's either so good that they want to keep it secret, or it's so bad that they don't want people to play it before release. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.
>>
>>377915545
>Would've been cool to see people like Rose, Twelve, C Viper, or Rashid in the SF2 engine.

>tfw no Sakura, Juri, Karin, Decapre, R. Mika either

>>377915560
ignore him. I'm pretty sure he's just an anti-Nintendo troll when it's pretty obvious Nintendo had nothing to do with the pricing, in most regions at least.
>>
>>377911543
it was 15 bucks in 2008. there's no reason why this should be 40 dollars in 2017
>>
>>377915779
He's talking about the Switch release, you're talking about SFV
>>
>>377914580
My dude. I'm in a similar position. I fucking love SF and it's so sad to see the franchise in the state that it is today. If Capcom isn't careful, the series really could die and it fucking sucks because I'm only just getting into it competitively.

Should I try picking up USFIV if the only version of IV I played was vanilla? I always wanted to play the later versions, but I was a poorfag back then.
>>
>>377915971
As long as it isn't the PS4 version, then go ahead.
>>
>>377915462
>Loving the characters maybe
Big part of it. One reason other fighters don't do it for me is that they lack appeal, cast/staple-wise. Maybe Tekken, because I liked King and Yoshimitsu a lot when I was younger. I'm definitely gonna pick up and try Tekken 7 when it hits, I could go for a good 3D fighter.

Otherwise the problems people have brought up with SFV don't really bother me, except I do truthfully wish there were more defensive options in general. Additionally, I wish zoners could control space like they used to and I wish throw loops weren't so strong. Not that I play a zoner, Bison/Balrog main through most of the series.
>>
Shoulda just ported USFIV
>>
We could have got a new final fight.
>>
>>377912520
Lol? It's a Capcom published game, how did they get to that conclusion
>>
This game is a prime example of developers being out of touch with gamers and almost giving us what we want but then completely fucking it up somehow.
>>
>>377914226
>b.b..but the switch will save street fighter!
>>
>>377914678
that is because you are a retard
>>
>>377911057
Fire Yoshihiro Ono
>>
>>377915779
I was talking about USF2, not SF5.
But yeah, SF5's newcomers have been generic as fuck.

>>377915793
>>377915826
It's stunning that after all these years, that Street Fighter doesn't have a dream match game with every single character. KOF and Tekken have done it twice already. The closest SF has is USF4 or Alpha 3 Max, and both of those omit a ton of characters.

Question though: I know Final Fight is in the same universe as Street Fighter, but is Rival Schools also the same universe? Wasn't Sakura a secret character in one of the PS1 Japanese versions?
>>
Reminder that SFIV was a great port on a subpar handheld, sold 1.3 million (great for a fighting game, let alone on a handheld) and was, perhaps keyly, dropped to bargain bin prices after the 3DS lull in the summer.

Anyone buying USF2 at release is a bit of an idiot. It will be £15 by the end of summer, with a bunch of updates, and a proper online community instead of newbs.
>>
>>377916147
>Big part of it. One reason other fighters don't do it for me is that they lack appeal, cast/staple-wise.
Seriously, this. No other fighting game cast does it for me. Only other games that come close are MK and Injustice and while I like NRS' games, I think they're just not really as good as Capcom's when they're at their best. Also, Capcom vs. games, if those count.

From what I've seen, I kinda like GG and BB's cast, but they're also way too anime for me, although they've been kinda growing on me. KoF's cast is alright but still a little too anime and there are too many characters I just don't care about as well. And then there are the 3D fighters, which I just can't seem to get into beyond Soul Calibur.
>>
>>377911057
I'm glad this shit is being poorly received
In the day and age of Cuphead such poorly done Newground-tier 2D graphics shouldn't be acceptable by a big company

Fuck Capcom
>>
>>377915971
I would recommend picking up USFIV, if only to experience the arcade and practice fundamentals/execution in the game like I'm doing. USFIV is a demanding game with small windows of opportunity to get your shit out the door so it's great for self-conditioning and improving your execution across the board, but otherwise it's just depressing doing that shit in training while also knowing the game is fucking dead and you'll probably never play a good match online with anyone unless you have friends that also play.
>>
>>377916475
Rival school characters are in the background of a SFV stage so yes they are canon in street fighter.
>>
>>377916475
>But yeah, SF5's newcomers have been generic as fuck.
I like Laura and Rashid.

>It's stunning that after all these years, that Street Fighter doesn't have a dream match game with every single character. KOF and Tekken have done it twice already. The closest SF has is USF4 or Alpha 3 Max, and both of those omit a ton of characters.
Yeah, I don't get this. Capcom should really try to do something like this. It'd make a lot of logical sense, and it'd be a great way to satisfy everyone by bringing everyone back for just one game, instead of these rosters that take some characters from here, others from there, etc. But then Capcom is the same company that won't try to make another Capcom crossover fighting game featuring all of their IPs, or won't make a new Darkstalkers, so yeah.

>Question though: I know Final Fight is in the same universe as Street Fighter, but is Rival Schools also the same universe? Wasn't Sakura a secret character in one of the PS1 Japanese versions?
Rival Schools is in the same universe, yes, along with Saturday Night Slammasters.
>>
>>377916553
I really wish I weren't a poorfag back then, actually followed the releases of SFIV editions, had a fight stick, and went to tournaments and shit. Same with Mahvel. Took me a long time to learn the fundamentals of fighting games and even then, I'm still scrubby as fuck.
>>
>>377916478
>SFIV
>great port on a subpar handheld
Fuck no. Fuck 30 FPS.
>sold 1.3 million
Only because there was nothing else to play besides, what, Pilotwings? Some N64 ports?
>>
>>377916972
It's okay anon. My last edition was SSIV back when I still played casually, and I fell off the ride for a while for a bunch of reasons. A friend got me back into SF with USFIV, but only when it was on the way out so we really had no time to git gud at it.
>>
Capcom have to make an entirely new cast like SF III.
Capcom milked the world warriors so much they don't sell anymore.

>>377916526
Dude, SF is anime too.

It happens to be good anime tho. The SF formula is so hard to pull off than Capcom itself can screw it up badly.
>>
>>377916843

And Captain Commando.
>>
>people blaming capcom for milking this and not nintendo

bet you $50 if capcom was allowed to pick the price it would have been $20 or less
>>
File: 8546743763457368.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
8546743763457368.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>377917482
>bet you $50 if capcom was allowed to pick the price it would have been $20 or less
I'm practically a Capcom shill and even I know that's hot bullshit.
>>
>>377912324
>implying Puyo Tetris isn't worth $30
Drown yourself.

>>377916979
>Fuck no. Fuck 30 FPS.
Like every other version of the game?
>>
>>377918072
>Like every other version of the game?
You're an actual retard. No fighting game worth its salt has ever ran at sub-60fps. 60fps is crucial for execution.
>>
>>377917482
Yes, I am sure Nintendo sold a Capcom game published by Capcom for more than the price the same game costed on competing platforms for years, just so capcom would get fewer sales on the new console they are pushing, that way they are guaranteed to get less business from Capcom.

It all makes perfect sense.
>>
>>377917424
>Capcom have to make an entirely new cast like SF III.
>Capcom milked the world warriors so much they don't sell anymore.
Isn't it the complete opposite and that it's been shown that SF games with the World Warriors tend to sell better than the ones without them?

>Dude, SF is anime too.
SF is anime, but it's super tame compared to ASW's games. I just don't see the appeal of some of the shit in BB or GG, like Ramthiel.

>>377917473
And like a half-dozen other Capcom properties.

I'd love to see Captain Commando come back as a stylish action game like DMC though.
>>
>>377918381
Not who you're replying to but I was always confused on this point: who are the World Warriors? The original 8 playable characters from vanilla SF2? The original 8 + Shadaloo as they were playable in every version after? Or the original 15 accounting for ST with T. Hawk, Cammy, Dee Jay, Fei Long, and Akuma?
>>
>>377918694

The entire SF2 cast, at least for most people.
>>
>>377918381
>Isn't it the complete opposite
Yes it is but there no more milk in these cows.
SF III did shit in a time and age with no internet. It is time to move from Word Warriors and build a new legacy.
>>
File: Ryu_(XvSF).png (2MB, 1567x2718px) Image search: [Google]
Ryu_(XvSF).png
2MB, 1567x2718px
>>377918223
>>377918072
>>377916979
it only ran at 30 if you had 3D on in options. if 3D is on in options and the 3D slider is all the way down (basicly off) it will still run at 30. you needed to completely disable the 3D options so even if move the 3D slider was up it wouldn't turn 3D because in the options menu it's off.
>>
>>377914312
>never played SF2
underage filtered
>>
>>377918694
8 playable + Shadoloo + Cammy and Fei

Hawk and Deejay are dogshit nobody cares about.
>>
File: 1492770328150.png (47KB, 247x292px) Image search: [Google]
1492770328150.png
47KB, 247x292px
>>377911057

>$40 bucks

I would have bought it for 20, but 40 is outrageous for fucking SFII (plus 2 half assed new characters). This could have been a big seller if they used their fucking brains and released it at an appropriate price.
>>
>>377918886
In that case I hope the World Warriors never go anywhere. I'm too much of a SF2 nostalgia fag with personal investment in those characters and their themes and shit.

>>377919163
SFIII is the worst SF game because it had no World Warriors. That roster was fucking trash barring Alex, Dudley, and Ibuki.
>>
>>377911538

the price of a game should be factored into the score because at the end of the day a game is a fucking product just like anything else
>>
>>377919490

And Q.
>>
File: Ryu_TvC.png (102KB, 250x399px) Image search: [Google]
Ryu_TvC.png
102KB, 250x399px
>>377919163
Idk.

I'd love to see more new SF characters, but you just can't beat characters like Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Akuma, or Zangief. Even characters like Bison, even though he's been beaten to death as the series' villain, has a lot of charm and charisma. People bitch and complain about seeing them constantly, but I fucking love those characters. I wouldn't mind if Capcom ever tried anything new or different with them. Like with Ryu, it'd be cool if he mastered the Power of the Void or if they did something different with him thematically, like if they gave him more casual clothes to wear or something formal like a suit like MMA fighters and boxers wear during press events, giving him a subplot where Sakura tries to sort of 'integrate' him into normal society or something. It'd be cool if they brought back the Donkey Kick from SFIII and gave him some kind of new special move as well. Also, give him a new fucking theme song already. And that's just Ryu.

Maybe they could make Sakura the main character of the next one and introduce a bunch of new characters too. Honestly, there's a lot of things they could do.
>>
>>377919618
Q is a meme character with normals that couldn't hit their way out of a paper bag. I mean what the fuck, everyone told me he plays like Balrog, imagine my surprise when I as a Balrog main pick up TS and he handles like a paraplegic drunk.
>>
>>377919854

If you mean gameplay wise, then I'll take your word for it. I like his design and mysterious backstory.

And he looks like Inspector Gadget.
>>
File: elena-sfe.jpg (233KB, 878x1250px) Image search: [Google]
elena-sfe.jpg
233KB, 878x1250px
>>377919490
>That roster was fucking trash barring Alex, Dudley, and Ibuki
*ahem*

Also Urien, Hugo, and Makoto. And Q.
>>
>>377917482
>CAPCOM DINDUNONTHING IT WAS THE EVIL NINTENWHITE PATRIARCHY
this is you right now.
>>
>>377919998
Well that's fair, but it's not the most imaginative design. Dick Tracy, The Question, Rorschach, a lot of other characters kinda did Q's thing before Q did. Also sometimes he sounds like he's burping during gameplay but that's a personal gripe.
>>
>>377919610

I'd agree if they had the same standard for new games that are really short, but they don't.
>>
>>377920236
>Dick Tracy, The Question, Rorschach, a lot of other characters kinda did Q's thing before Q did.
Not him, but that's exactly why I like Q's design. I LOVE the whole (excuse the TVtropes term) "coat, hat, mask," sort of thing. Looks badass as hell.
>>
>>377920046
Hugo is a Final Fight character and I thought Makoto originated from Alpha but I'm probably wrong. I'm only counting TS originals since the one anon originally claimed they were good, I think they're mostly terrible.

Urien can suck my dick Shadaloo is way cooler than his gay Illuminati, wouldn't even let him sit at my lunch table desu
>>
Third Strike remake
>>
>>377920362

while i don't agree that length of game=quality of game i agree with the sentiment. bullshit like dear esther shouldn't be getting perfect scores across the board
>>
File: 2iafqyt.jpg (430KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2iafqyt.jpg
430KB, 1280x720px
>Smash 4 has a better Ryu than Street Fighter V
Embarrassing.
>>
>>377920480
>Hugo is a Final Fight character
Good point.
>and I thought Makoto originated from Alpha but I'm probably wrong.
Nope, she debuted in TS.
>I'm only counting TS originals since the one anon originally claimed they were good, I think they're mostly terrible.
Oh, I had no idea Elena was in the original version of SFIII. The more you know, I guess.
>Urien can suck my dick Shadaloo is way cooler than his gay Illuminati, wouldn't even let him sit at my lunch table desu
Urien is cool as fuck. Dem Aegis Reflector shenanigans.

>>377920776
Reminds me that I should really pick up Smash 4 again. Smash 4 Ryu is something else. I wasn't expecting him to be that much fun to play.
>>
File: Capcom.jpg (434KB, 1280x725px) Image search: [Google]
Capcom.jpg
434KB, 1280x725px
>>377911057
/v/, how would you react if a number of characters from various other SF games were added into this game?

Alex, Elena, Q, Sakura, Birdie, Maki, etc in the SF2 style? Would this justify USF2:FC to you?
>>
Capcom should make a dream match SF game with every character, AND have it include all relevant Slam Masters, Final Fight, and Rival Schools characters.
>>
>>377922698
You cant make such a game in the esports focused world we live in now

Its impossible to balance and everyone would get buttmad about that
>>
>>377911057
>DSP instantly shelled out money for Switch after hearing Street Fighter 2 gets re-re-released
Lel
>>
>>377915359
thats because sf players dont play other fighting games so the never complain about it
>>
File: Hateful Haggar.gif (137KB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
Hateful Haggar.gif
137KB, 200x163px
>>377922698
>Haggar and Maki in a proper SF
If only.
>>
>>377922821
Unfortunate. I feel like such a game could've existed during the PS2 era. Capcom Fighting Evolution was an attempt at a crossover, but just poorly executed.
>>
>>377912520
Other Nintendo websites also do this. They say the game is a solid title but also say "muh rehash" and "40 dollars is too much, no one will buy this" hence the low review scored.
Yet the same websites gave MK8D (literally the same game as MK8 but with better graphics, new characters, new mechanics and a new mode like USF2) a 10/10, 5 stars, masterpiece again from Nintendo. And that's 60 dollars.
Really makes you think.
>>
File: my nigga.png (45KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.png
45KB, 500x350px
>>377923175
I NEED IT
>>377923207
>Capcom Fighting Evolution was an attempt at a crossover, but just poorly executed.
Yeah, there's obvious money to be made with an idea like that but Capcom won't do it because they're REALLY stupid.
>>
>>377922698

Street Fighter alone has too many characters.

My biggest complaint about the series is how many characters get left out of new games and yet they still keep pumping out more new ones, it almost feels like how Marvel come up with shitty super heroes just to copyright them.
>>
>>377911103
>>377912432
It will just be your usual shitty 2.5D where all the characters look like fat monkeys.
>>
>>377923597
Well some things that are assured with MK8D is they have a fixed battle mode, actually new characters, new stages for said battle mode, new kart parts, all 16 DLC courses from the previously release included among a slew of other QoL changes (ability to hold 2 items, 2 item blocks changing the way you approach routes, etc.) and being charged at the same price as vanilla MK8.

USF2's biggest change is tech throwing, whereas the 2 new characters only provide minuscule changes to Ryu and Ken's movesets and being charged at $20 above what you could've gotten in HD remix minus throw teching and maybe some balance change differences.

Then again, I'm getting it just so I can have a game to throw down with people wherever I go, and the out-of-print artbook is worth the price of entry alone.
>>
>>377924185
Tekken and KOF have humongous rosters, too. But Namco and SNK still manage to make the occasional Tekken Tag or KOF Dream Match
>>
File: 1488381938061.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1488381938061.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
post yfw you bought a Switch
>>
>>377925071

Do they have 71 characters? Legit question.
>>
It's going to outsell SFV and y'all niggas gonna cry.
>>
>>377925581
sure thing
>>
>>377925351

I bought a Switch for a better game, not this shit

Go falseflag elsewhere fag
>>
File: 1256568945472.jpg (37KB, 440x386px) Image search: [Google]
1256568945472.jpg
37KB, 440x386px
>>377926040
SFIV on 3DS outsold SFV last year, retard.
>>
>>377926437
so did I, beat it in a less than two weeks and now there's literally nothing but shit. shill harder faggot.
>>
By bringing back Darkstalkers
>>
>>377925402
Damn near. Tekken Tag 2 had 59 characters. T7 adds 8 newcomers, not including Akuma or any upcoming DLC
>>
>>377926437
I never understood you fanboys. Why do you feel responsible for what he said? He migh or might not own a switch, but how does it affect you if he's disappointed with his purchase? 90% of /v/s shitposting would be solved if people just didn't think of console manufacturers as teams that you join as soon as you buy one of their products. The whole premise of "falseflagging" is that he speaks for you, which he simply doesn't. The only thing you both have in common is that you maybe bought the same product. Your post doesn't invalidate his and his disappointment doesn't invalidate your enjoyment of the system.
>>
>>377915039
That would not work. At all. You can't just take a dozen completely different games with different engines and try to cram them together. It sort of worked for Hyper SF2 because the SF2 engine didn't change much over the course of the series, but even then it has inaccuracies. Then there's Darkstalkers Chronicle which tried to do the same thing with Darkstalkers, but unlike SF2 the Darkstalkers engine changed significantly with each game so the end result was a clusterfuck that didn't represent any of the games accurately at all. Now imagine tryign to put all the SF2s, all the SF Alphas, and all the SF3s together into one game. It would be like Mugen at best, garbage at worst.
>>
>>377925581

Street fighter is dead bro. Move on
>>
File: howdoroundhousekickswork.gif (417KB, 1213x580px) Image search: [Google]
howdoroundhousekickswork.gif
417KB, 1213x580px
>>377916551
Executives fucked up the HD Remix art. Sirlin had Team A lined up, who he knew could do it well. Execs said "No, they're to expensive, use Team B." Team B works on the game for months, redrawing almost everything in the game, getting paid the whole time, but their work is so shitty that eventually they just get fired and their work thrown out. Then the slightly less shitty Team C is hired, and they start over from the beginning. Their work is what you see in the finished HD Remix. The combined costs of Team B and Team C were more than if they had just hired Team A in the first place.
>>
>>377911598
That's not DarkStalkers
>>
>>377925402
>>377926867
Also, KOF2002UM has 66 characters. And that's an update to a now 15 year old game
>>
>>377927993
Darkstalkers is dead because people didn't buy the same game 5 times.
>>
>>377911057
No shit, its the exact same game that we can play for free on fightcade but with an option to use shitty "HD" sprites instead of the normal ones.

AND we don't get to use our fightsticks but instead are forced to use the Switch's shitty controllers. Justified score, wrong reasons.
>>
>>377911538
Did any review say anything about balance changes?
>>
>>377928815
EG's did up in the article up above
>>
>>377911538
>>377911754

Yes it absolutely should.
Its a fucking product where competitors use different prices to compete and market the product.

Don't be fucking retarded.

If you pay what you think is too much money for a product that isn't worth its cost (doesn't have enough content) then YES that makes the product a BAD PRODUCT.

Can we get an underaged ban on these faggots who clearly dont buy their own games.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.