[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: times /v/ tricked you this game is utter trash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: header[1].jpg (60KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
60KB, 460x215px
ITT: times /v/ tricked you

this game is utter trash
>>
>>377910485
(you)
>>
>>377910485
Oh look, a "It's shit" thread. How about you actually talk about why you didn't like it OP? If not, then have a (you).
>>
>>377910485
Too much reading? Yeah iktf bro
>>
>>377910485
crpg for kids
>>
>>377910485
Besides some of the puzzles being a bit too trial and error based and unnecesarily frustrating, it was a top notch game.
>>
>>377910485
This might surprise you, but it's actually you that's utter trash
>>
>>377910663
ofc i will
>slow as fuck. 3 hours in i was still in the first city. i wouldn't mind so much dialogue if it was interesting and not babbys first harry potter book tier
>party members are dull as fuck except for wulgraff. and they bring NOTHING unique because everybody can learn the exact same skills and you can build them any way you want so they don't matter at all
>buzzword rpg story. undead rising, source hunters saving the world, time travel bullshit
>shitty ability system. spend 2 points and get access to all other skills
>slow as fuck movement, abilities, animations, it adds up to making me tired from playing after 2 hours of this, advancing is a crawl
>>
>>377910485
How does it feel to have shit taste?
>>
going to buy a copy now. lmao@op.
>>
>>377910485
Well, the combat was very interesting and quests were comfy. But the story and characters overall were utter trash. Also they still can't get done a normal fuctional inventory system, so yeah...
>>
>>377912041

>combat was very interesting

It was absolute dogshit and for the most part the quests were LOLSORANDOM fanfic tier garbage, I will concede that the characters and story were trash though.
>>
>>377912041
>muh storee
Dumb redditor
>>
>>377912282
May i ask, what for do you play rpgs?
>>
>>377912389
to make decision and establish relationships
>>
>>377912389

memes, why else?
>>
>>377910485
Only got so far with this. IIRC the first "boss" who was like a red demon guy in a basement in the first area, he was too strong for me so I lift and went into the second area which is like forest and theres all the spiders and poisonous bugs. Then Just got bored. Was I supposed to defeat demon man first or wat?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (906KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
906KB, 2560x1440px
what should i make
>>
>>377911678
>>slow as fuck. 3 hours in i was still in the first city. i wouldn't mind so much dialogue if it was interesting and not babbys first harry potter book tier

CRPGs are slow games by definition. I don't know what the fuck you were expecting. The dialog, although not a shakespearean masterpiece, is perfectly acceptable.

>>party members are dull as fuck except for wulgraff. and they bring NOTHING unique because everybody can learn the exact same skills and you can build them any way you want so they don't matter at all

Customizable companions are a fucking blessing. Usually you had to stick with boring characters just because they were the ideal party setup. Now you can keep the interesting ones and build them as you wish.

>>buzzword rpg story. undead rising, source hunters saving the world, time travel bullshit

The story is rather decent compared to the vast majority of games. While agree that it's nothing to write home about, we hardly get any of those in vidya unfortunately.

>>shitty ability system. spend 2 points and get access to all other skills

Gotta agree with this one. It was rather mediocre.

>>slow as fuck movement, abilities, animations, it adds up to making me tired from playing after 2 hours of this, advancing is a crawl

See answer 1.
>>
>>377912674
cyanide
>>
>>377912521
More often than not the fights are about figuring out a gimmick that cheeses you through the fight rather than traditionally being stronger than your opponents.
>>
>>377912521
that fight was bullshit, you had to move your companions away, so he can hit just one of you (then he will probably never use it again, the cooldown is very long)
>>
>>377912389
Character optimization, turn-based combat, strategy, and good ol' dungeon delving.

You dumb fucking redditor
>>
>>377912270
>le i hate the combat in Divinity:OS
Gr8 B8 i R8 it 8/8
>>
>>377912674
a slut elf obv
>>
>>377912783
>>377912774

ahh cause I was always going in first then getting rekt so I thought I'd probably have to grind, level high enough then defeat him. So I left, went to the second area then burned through health items like I dont know what cause the bugs hitting me with their venom and whatnot (killer plants too iirc) I'd lose so much health
>>
>DUDE NEVER HEAL LMAO

unless you spend hoarding all the meatloafs you can find you're fucked never regenerating even in town.
>>
>>377913129

Congrats on contributing literally nothing of value to the discussion faggot.

Divinity has garbage combat, fuck even literal who RPG's like Drakensang shit all over Divinity, never mind decent stuff like Icewind Dale and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Divinity is baby's first redditor RPG in every respect, it's mediocre as fuck and if you had anything other than your circle jerking hugbox for a point of reference you'd know that.
>>
File: CzA_L3AUQAARnza.jpg (29KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CzA_L3AUQAARnza.jpg
29KB, 1200x675px
>>377913715
This post definitely deserves a (You).
>>
>>377910485
Decent combat but it gets old pretty fast and the game has nothing else
>>
>>377913129
It's not that great though. Most of my issues are with the AP system and how Speed ended up being the most important stat for everyone because of it. Melee never becomes fun, though it does outpace magic in terms of damage around act 3.
>>
Is it bait thread?Can i start shitposting?
>>
>>377912686
>The dialog, although not a shakespearean masterpiece, is perfectly acceptable.

Dialogue in games is mostly shit so what the fuck does acceptable mean?
>>
>>377913715
Sht, a D:OS thread actually made it past 25 posts without ToEE being brought up.
Bravo. You're making progress /v/.
>>
>>377910485
you are trash, your bait thread is trash and your opinions are trash.
kys.
>>
File: gameplay.gif (64KB, 540x362px) Image search: [Google]
gameplay.gif
64KB, 540x362px
>>377910485
pic related.
it's a mediocre 7/10 game that gets bored very fast.
but /v/ praise it like godsend.
fuck /v/'s shitty taste
>>
I think it looks great and it plays better (some of the best combat the genre has to offer imo) but it gets tedious after a while. Like there was little motivation to go on
>>
>>377912686
>The dialog, although not a shakespearean masterpiece, is perfectly acceptable.
Motherfucker you are so far on your own on that front that its not funny, every agrees the writing in D:OS is utter fucking garbage
>>
>>377913974
>>377913931
>>377913129
can you samefag more? i already made a post on why i find it shit.
>>
>>377914147
Yes, because more than one person couldn't possibly disagree with your obviously well thought out arguments. Fuck off, you humongous faggot.
>>
>>377913950

>Dialogue in games is mostly shit so what the fuck does acceptable mean?

It means it's shit and particularly cringey at times.
>>
>>377913964

The fuck is ToEE?
>>
I had a problem with how leveling works, it felt like each level makes your guys so much stronger and the enemies scale at the same rate.
I kept having to explore the map for the enemies that i was supposed to fight so i could stand a chance fighting dudes two levels higher then me.
Maybe i'm just shit.
The fighting was good but the dialogue system felt like a gimik.
>>
That feeling when the first part of the game is the best part.
>>
>>377914147
Thanks for reminding me why i dont browse this shit anymore.
>>
>>377914369
Temple of Elemental Evil. A game that /v/ has always been fellating as one of the best RPGs since 2005.

What everyone forgets to bring up is that the game is pretty much entirely combat and every part of the game that isn't combat is raw garbage.
>>
>>377914638

>What everyone forgets to bring up is that the game is pretty much entirely combat and every part of the game that isn't combat is raw garbage.

So it's Divinity, but not shit?
>>
>>377913715
>tossing in redditor as an insult because you can't actually come up with an argument
Sasuga, /v/.

Combat in Divinity: OS is pretty enjoyable in my opinion. You may disagree, but that's your opinion, not a fact, you subhuman mongrel. Please find a cinderblock and dash your skull open with it.
>>
>>377914638
character customisation as based on dnd is still good too
>>
>>377910485
I've been playing this game with my roommate and it's by far the only time a video game has ever come close to emulating the feeling of playing an actual RPG with your friends instead of an autistic spreadsheet simulator.
Don't get me wrong, I like autistic spreadsheets in my RPGs. I like video game RPGs a lot, but Divinity OS is the first to actually cater to the other parts of P&PRPGs that I've played.
>>
>>377915594

An ignorant opinion is worthless.

>telling people to kill themselves because they disagree with you

Are you 12?
>>
>>377910485
It's better with a friend. A lot better. Too bad it only supports 2 player co-op. It has the room for 4 and it would be glorious.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.