[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did spore simulate a galaxy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rOZ1wYj.jpg (11KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
rOZ1wYj.jpg
11KB, 480x480px
I find that other games, like stellaris, cant simulate such a vaste scale like spore could. Why?
>>
>>377910002
invalid devs
>>
>>377910097
I dont know what that means.
>>
spore didn't actually emulate/simulate a galaxy at all. It simulated up to 40(? think it was 40) planets at any given time, randomly throwing one of their ships by you if conditions were right. It wasn't until you exited the planetary viewer/terraformer that it wiped your current planet listing, replaced a few landmark planets, and then randomly gave you a few more. It's masked well to hide it, basically, but no, it's not an entire galaxy.
>>
>You will never get the version of spore untainted by christifags.
>>
>>377910247
I see, so if I wanted to simulate a properly sized galaxy in a game I'd have to cheat like that then?
>>
>>377910443
You really dont grasp how fucking big a galaxy is do you?
>>
>>377910443
For now, yes.

Also

>properly sized galaxy

The planets were tiny, and didn't even move around based on each others position, it was hardly an actual simulation of a galaxy.
>>
>>377910002
>How did spore simulate a galaxy?
it didn't
>>
>>377910608
You know i dont mean down to the atom right?
>>377910620
Well i dont mean like scientifically accurate reall i just mean looks real enough to play a galaxy conquest game without it feeling low budget.
>>
>>377910953
There are roughly 40 billion planets in the milky way. Aside from the ridiculous computing power necesarry to simulate each one, managing each planet/solar system/star cluster would make the game unplayable. Even Aurora 4x has about 1000 planets and it's the pinnacle of autism incarnate. Nevermind the fact that galaxies are mostly empty space so if you scaled the galaxy properly the map would be almost useless due to how far apart systems/planets are from each other
>>
>>377910858
This desu senpai
>>
>>377910953
>looks real enough to play a galaxy conquest game without it feeling low budget

you wot

Spore feels low budget as fuck as far as galaxy conquest goes.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230290/Universe_Sandbox/
>>
>>377910953
>You know i dont mean down to the atom right?
You're asking for billions and billions of stars. If we assume an average of one planet per star, and four kilobytes each (more if they're inhabited!), that's just barely possible for normal PCs, and it would have to be strictly turn-based with 2D graphics and a loading screen after each turn.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.