[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern point and clicks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Scratches_front.jpg (19KB, 328x468px) Image search: [Google]
Scratches_front.jpg
19KB, 328x468px
Does this genre still exist? I played a game called Scratches back in 2007 that I really enjoyed because it was full 3D instead of pre-rendered scenes. Any modern equivalents? Doesnt have to be horror
>>
bump again. here are ones I've played and enjoyed

scratches
barrow hill
nibiru
mummy tomb of the pharoh
darkness within
frankenstein eyes of the monster
cleopatra riddle of the sphynx
various Adveture Company games like agatha christie
Black Mirror
Realm of the Haunting
>>
Maybe something like Layers of Fear? Though I am not even sure if it has puzzles. The genre kind of fell in the niche, and most point-and-clicks are Lucasarts-like. Or interactive movies.
>tfw not even Scratches itself can be a modern equivalent because it was removed from stores
>>
>>377909713
play sanitarium anon, it's just a big amalgamation of horror stories in one game. its pretty fun.
gonna check out some of your list, whats the best of the bunch?
>>
>>377912416
ill check it out thanks.

as for my list the age of the games range from mid 90s to late 00s

mummy, frankenstein and Realm are all 90s interplay FMV style point and clicks. I liked the first two, Realm is pretty dense. Black Mirror is from the same time but it has issues on newer machines.

nibiru and cleopatra are fun and straightforward, Agatha Christie games are the same, with a entertaining storyline

barrow hill and scratches are my two favorites, id recc Scratches above the whole list if you havent played it. Find the DC version and the texture upgrade pack. its worth it.
>>
File: TheLostCrown.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TheLostCrown.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
>>377909713
-The Lost Crown
A bit slow but extremely good atmosphere and story.
-Broke Sword Games
1,2 and 5 are the best. 3 is completely different but not that bad like 4.
>>377912416
Sanitarium got a really nice Steam-Port.
>>
>>377909713
yes and it's going through a renaissance of sorts, sadly without any meaningful innovation.
>>
That fucking scene in scratches where you had to crawl into the incinerator or whatever it was really fucked with me at the time.
>>
I liked this
>>
>>377913285

i played that game at night, and i regreted it when i got to that part

plus the fucking shrieking basement music, i wanted to get out of there asap. shame that studio never did other games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8UyMzms10
>>
>>377913285
I remember I screamed a bit.

The company who made that game was working on a similar game but they went bankrupt. I think its name was "Asylum".
>>
Probably not exactly what OP was looking for, but The Room Two was a pretty fun, but short, first person point and click puzzle game.

Anyone know of anything else like that after the fall of flash-based room escape games?
>>
>>377913482
>>377913605
>>377909713

I just checked. The people who made Scratches are still working on the new game.
It got a KickStarter...we will see i guess...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asylum_(2016_video_game)
>>
>>377909713

hello op, i play point and click games:

80 days is a dumb fun not-really-a-point-and-click-game but i'll include it anyway, if you like jules verne and reading. it's more of a choose your own adventure novel, but whatever. please keep reading, i do know what point and click games are

the uncertain, d4 and blues and bullets are episodic adventure games that are mostly point and click and are a lot of fun. pirate them if you have anything against episodic games, i dont care.

i guess you could argue else heart.break() is a point and click kind of? not really. if you like programming look that up.

kentucky route zero kind of is, too. if you like magic realism and slow, story driven games have a look at that.

the sherlock holmes games (crimes and punishment, the devil's daughter) are also adventure-y/not really pnc but in a similar vein. if you like sherlock, they're a lot of fun.

there's also stuff like gemini rue and games associated with that like technobabylon.

ACTUAL POINT AND CLICK GAMES:

STASIS is pretty good, i'm playing through that at the moment. starts off slow and a little confusing, but it's mostly intuitive if you pay attention. in the way you'd have to in old pnc games.

the deponia series is really funny, and really good. almost lucas arts-y. you can cop them cheap a lot of the time, the developers are pretty good. i haven't played their earlier stuff, but it seems to be in the same kind of humour.

primordia is also really good. look that up.

my tea is getting cold i'm going to stop now.
>>
>>377909713
Well, there is Thimbleweed Park.

It's good, but something's missing.
>>
>>377911739
Barrow Hill is one of my favourites.
Scratches is ok, Darkness Within is good.
Black Mirror is so-so.

>>377912913
Seconding The Lost Crown, probably my current favourite of all time. The town is comfy as shit.

If you're looking for first person point and clicks, the Nancy Drew ones are pretty good. The first 6 titles or so are legit 7/10s.
>>
damn i just cant find a decent torrent of some of these games. i really want to play sanitarium and lost crown but theres almost no seeders
>>
>>377915818
buy them you faggot. support small developers who make games like this and there will be more of them. it's pretty simple. if you can't afford to spend $5-10 you're either a liar or a bum.
>>
>>377909713
As other Anons have said, Sanitarium's pretty good. The GOG version was a bit technically shaky when I played it years ago, tough.

As for other point and clicks, while not technically about point and clicking, both The Cat Lady and Downfall Redux are two really good games: nice artstyle and mood, really reminiscent of Silent Hill 2 and 3.

While that's a bigger leap, you could also check out the Ace Attorney series. The Ace Attorney Investigations spin-off has more traditional point-and-click characteristics, but it's supposed to be played after the first three mainline games.
>>
>>377915818
>>377916437
Just checked the price on steam. Both are like 20$ combined.They are good games made by small time devs. They got a combined playtime of like 30+ hours if it is you first time playing and the story is good as fuck. Definitely worth the money.
>>
File: 1473641323834.jpg (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473641323834.jpg
768KB, 1920x1080px
>>377915146
>>377911739

Which Barrow Hill are you guys talking about on Steam? Assuming the one you guys are talking about is on Steam.

Also The Lost Crown looks really cool. Is it set during Halloween?
>>
>>377917046
>>377916437
fair enough, i apologize
>>
>>377918296
Im talking about curse of the ancient circle. Its a really great game, theres some memorization of readings, and diagrams but for the most part its just you all alone with some spooky stones
>>
>>377918296
anyone play the sequels?
>>
Any adventure games similar to The Longes Journey? (the first one)
>>
bump for good thread
>>
bump before farcry threads kill it
>>
>>377914743
I had the same impression. I got to the ending and thought there was supposed to be another chunk, but it just... ended.

Maybe it's the fact that some stuff goes unused, and some parts were only meant as an easter egg.
>>
>>377920363
Syberia?
Not sure what do you mean by similar.
>>
>>377914620
>STASIS is pretty good, i'm playing through that at the moment. starts off slow and a little confusing, but it's mostly intuitive if you pay attention. in the way you'd have to in old pnc games.

I had high hopes for that one, but it didn't deliver in my opinion.
As far as gore and horrific scenarios go it was great. Problem is, the puzzles are all kind of bland and annoying, and I found it really aggravating how sometimes puzzle items are harder to find than the personal logs left behind by the crew - none of which was worth reading.
Plus, the ending wasn't terribly good.
>>
>>377909713
Huh? I remember it being prerendered, Myst style. Speaking of Myst, Obduction is good. It's a bit short though and most puzzles aren't that hard
>>
>>377924390
In setting, atmosphere, and gameplay. I've played Syberia as well.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.