[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question, how do you guys afford to play these modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 27

File: Mini-game_Operator.png (604KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mini-game_Operator.png
604KB, 1366x768px
Serious question, how do you guys afford to play these modern games? Not judging, are you just rich, NEET? Do you just wait 6 months until a steam sale? I'm getting back into games for the first time and some of these prices are incredible. The demos are nice for some games I guess.
>>
I have a job. It's crazy, but you can find places that pay you to do stuff.
>>
>>377908627
Most games aren't worth playing, I pirate the rest and pay for what's left.
>>
File: 1481142905125.gif (772KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481142905125.gif
772KB, 400x225px
>>377908627
im not a rich neet and can only spend ~120€ each month on games, then I pirate the rest
it's basically pirate everything over 40€ and buy the rest
>>
>>377908779
That's not what he asked you stupid fuck
>>
I spend autismbux on games and camwhores
>>
I used to have a job. I don't get this "oh I never have money for anything" thing but I never socialize outside of work so I guess that helps.
Now I'm just a fucking NEET BLOGGER again.
>>
File: 784758786857658856.jpg (353KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
784758786857658856.jpg
353KB, 2048x1447px
>>377908724
lel wagecuck lel
>>
I stay behind the curve by a few years for consoles. I'll typically wait until a console game is around $30 to buy it unless it's something I'm really excited to play. As for PC, it's all Steam sales and piracy. There's an overwhelming amount of stuff to play just on emulators alone.
>>
>>377908627
I invest 500 bucks into upgrading my pc every three years. As for the games themselves I pirate most of them, I buy like two games in a year at most.
>>
>>377908627
>and some of these prices are incredible
Are you in Canada too? $60 isn't a big deal for something you can play for 50-100 hours. It's disappointing that $60 is climbing over $100CAD after taxes now though.
>>
steam sales

u said it
>>
>>377908627
I only buy the games I know I'll like, aka niche japanese shit and Pokemon.
I get around 4/5 games per year.
I seriously can't understand the need to buy every hot new AAA bullshit on release day + season pass that many have.
I sometimes adventure myself into new titles like with Nier, but it's like once in a blue moon.
>>
>go to pirate game
>60GB just for the installer not counting game files themselves

why are games so huge
>>
Work salary. My problem comes with time, really. But even with my pay rate, I still get excited for sales or have buyers remorse even if I spend $5 on a shitty game.
>>
File: 636135925918713488.png (161KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
636135925918713488.png
161KB, 299x299px
i won the lottery
>tfw slowly running out
>never had a real job in my life
>>
File: 1488013389359.gif (4MB, 337x187px) Image search: [Google]
1488013389359.gif
4MB, 337x187px
>>377908627
Avoiding most AAA titles. I think I actually only bought a single new game last year.

Its amazing what having discerning taste in vidya does to save you money.
>>
I'm a fairly well paid wagecuck.
>>
I have a job.
>>
Videogames are fucking cheap as a hobby

An initial $300-800 investment and then $5-50 when something appears that you want.

Compare that to people dropping tens of thousands on cars, $200 on a single model train engine, thousands on power tools, thousands on motorcycle gear, etc. etc.

Like, shit, about the only cheaper hobby with any actual substance is reading if you're near a library that isn't garbage
>>
>>377908627
Get a goddamn job you pathetic fuck.
>>
I never buy shit at launch, with the exception of the Switch this year (which was luckily well worth it). Even for that, I had to save up.
>>
>>377909083
Devs too lazy to compress shit anymore
>what's it fucking matter everyone and their mother has at least 2TB of storage
Oh, and audio files from games with lots of dialogue. God bless you if there's more than one language
>>
>>377909095
How much did you win?
>>
Piracy. I get all the latest games for free, sometimes even before they hit store shelves. Other than that I bum games off a pal.
>>
>>377909234
5 million, but was reduced to 2.5 for some government shit.
>>
>>377908627
As long as you don't buy full price AAA games - and why would you, they're shit - it's a really cheap hobby.
>>
>>377909162
devils advocate though, games require you to be in in one place at one time, often isolated.

with cars, tools, motorcycles, etcetc you can travel, go places, fix a shit ton of stuff anywhere (not just your home).
>>
>>377909307
Not him but how the fuck are you running out?
>>
>>377908627
>how do you guys afford to play these modern games?
I don't.

I pretty much exclusively play games that are old enough to be significantly cheaper than they were upon release.
>>
File: 1458119525010.jpg (121KB, 1024x809px) Image search: [Google]
1458119525010.jpg
121KB, 1024x809px
>living neet life
>have to buy a new pair of pants
>jeans costs fucking 40€+ here
>>
>>377909340
Right, and that's fair, but the argument was that Videogames were too expensive, not that they were the best hobby.
>>
>>377909369
Does your town not have a Salvation Army or something similar?
>>
>>377909042
yeah its fucking stupid not worth it to buy anything new anymore. Some stuff that interests me I just don't give enough of a shit to buy at full price i wait for sales.
>>
>>377909340
Yeah, I'm not saying they arent' better hobbies, since videogames are for fucking losers, they're just more expensive.
>>
I don't drink and I don't smoke.
>>
>>377909345
I was fucking around, I'm not him.
>>
I work as a freelance. Income varies, but I make do. 60€ isn't much when you make some big boy money.

Also it helps if you don't spend too much money on restaurants, concerts, nights out with friendos, or on bad habits like tobacco, alcohol or drugs.

If you're a teen with no income, just pirate your games.
>>
I haven't bought a brand new game since resident evil 7. And even then that's the first new game I bought since fallout 4? (Regretted that one lol)

I built a pc in January tho so since I've moved to pc I've had a shit ton of games to play that are old and I find for less than 10 dollars on key sites.

60 dollars for a game when most games are mediocre on launch is WAY too much
>>
>>377909234
Only like ~100k usd, lasted me a year and a half of rent and food so far but shits expensive with no income
>>
>>377908627
$60 is literally nothing. Get a damn job or go get autism bux
>>
>>377909162
>thousands on power tools

That's not an expensive hobby, it creates a great income. Assuming you use them, I do know 1 guy that collects sealed power tools and accessories... I've watched him drop $1,000 just on router bits one day.
>>
>>377909515
yeah pretty much this like i'm not spending money on tons of shit i just chill at home and maybe go out with friends once a week. Like smoking alone buying a pack a week cuts into your income so much
>>
>>377909404
Not really, it's a small town with the "everyone knows everyone" mentality
>>
>>377908993
>wage
lmao if you aren't being paid salary+commission
>>
I preorder a few things a year
Then pirate all the rest that seem worth it

It helps that I'm more interested in older games and movies, so I don't have some insatiable need to play everything that's new
>>
>>377909558
>didn't invest it right away
lad.......................
>>
>>377909663
Do people make fun of your situation? You should ask your family, because most of the time they come to them to shit on people behind their back.
>>
>>377909558
....when you win something you aren't supposed to quit your job and everything you keep working so you don't burn it in a couple months also 100k isn't a huge livable amount anymore
>>
>>377909836
Literally everyone i met for a month straight after winning told me what to do with the money, i don't know shit about investing an neither do most of the people that think they do

winning the money have made me so antisocial its insane
>>
>>377908627
>playing modern games
why, they're all shit
>>
>unlimited high speed internet 30€/month
>unemployment money + welfare is over 1000€/month
>pirate everything
life is good
>>
>>377908627
I buy long games. A $60 title of my choosing will usually last me the month or a little longer.
>>
File: sleepy manatee.png (535KB, 589x603px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy manatee.png
535KB, 589x603px
>Haven't bought any games since I graduated
>Living off the skin of my teeth just to a little extra away, let alone afford luxuries
>Don't even have the will to play the games I already have

Wagecuckoldry sucks. Any advice for an IT major?
>>
File: 1364246747220.gif (492KB, 314x144px) Image search: [Google]
1364246747220.gif
492KB, 314x144px
>>377908627
No girlfriends
>>
>>377908627
You don't even need a high-paying job to afford video games. Maybe you do if you've also got a wife and kids and shit, but at that point you probably shouldn't be spending your money on your own entertainment anyways.
>>
>>377908627
its called a job, and if you're a kissless virgin like most people here, you'll have plenty of disposable income provided you manage your money.
>>
>>377910154
To add to this I'm pretty choosy to begin with. I don't feel the need to play more than half of whatever's coming out.
>>
>>377908627
>Serious question, how do you guys afford to play these modern games? Not judging, are you just rich, NEET? Do you just wait 6 months until a steam sale? I'm getting back into games for the first time and some of these prices are incredible. The demos are nice for some games I guess.

Serious answer?

Do your fucking research before making purchases of any kind. Don't jump on bandwagons, ignore any game that you know, on an instinctual level, you won't enjoy. Look at the games you are interested in, look at reviews of any kind, both good and bad, and search for possible facts within the narratives that can shape your decision and make a choice from there.

Ignore any type of multiplayer-focused game unless you know you're going to absolutely love playing it online for hundreds of hours.

Be fucking frugal, you degenerate nigger. Also get a job; it's fucking easy to buy vidya and enjoy a stable life.

Also, don't get fucking married. Kids and partners will take your videogame money right out of your hands.
>>
>>377908627
Make friends with similar tastes, buy physical, and share games.
>>
I've actually just been watching LP's lately for stuff I was mainly buying for the story. Parents are broke ATM so I've been having to dedicate all my autism bux to tutition lately.
>>
File: RING A DING my life up.jpg (165KB, 640x568px) Image search: [Google]
RING A DING my life up.jpg
165KB, 640x568px
>can live easily, pay rent, and electricity so long as I'm sharehousing/rooming
>lot of money left over for food and booze so long as I'm not eating anything ridiculous
>so long as you're not buying AAA titles, and just Steam Saled/Humble Store/PSN etc stuff, plenty of money for videogames
>volunteer gig gives you free lunches fuckin anyway

Yeah Australian welfare is pretty ridiculous. Helps I'm not overly choosy about games or anything.

Not too guilty since the unemployment rate is ridiculously high, even when counting casuals as "employed". I blame minimum wage, it's too fuckin' expensive to hire in this country, so you have fast food chains only hiring kids or pinoys that they can pay half the rates on and shit like that. No room for the little guy.
>>
File: 2323221123.gif (820KB, 170x223px) Image search: [Google]
2323221123.gif
820KB, 170x223px
>>377910225
>IT Major
>can barely make a living

In what alternate dimension do you live in?
>>
Should I bait the bullet and pirate Nier a Tomato? Shit is like $150 (no conversion because I'm a dingus) here in Brazil and I can't even afford to replace my headphones yet.
>>
>>377910845
Just pirate it then, fuck, whatever.
>>
>>377910315
>Le girlfriends cost money meme
Maybe if you're under 20 and unemployed.
>>
There's barely anything worth playing, let alone buying.

I should really upgrade my PC soon, but there's just nothing that's really taxing it yet, until games start coming out where I can't just set everything to low, I don't see much point. The longer you wait, the better the eventual upgrade will be.
>>
I get a student loan that usually goes over how much I need. I can usually spare the odd $40 or $50 on a game I really want. I rarely ever buy games on release just because they're usually not worth it. I'm still holding off on Final Fantasy XV, for example.
I learned from a young age the mistake of buying more than you have time to play. I take it one game at a time now. Hell I still have not finished MGSV and Witcher.
>>
>>377909698
Salary is just a wage with no overtime. Commission is cuck-tier.
>>
How many games do you feel the need to play, OP? I consider myself a "gamer" since it's probably what I spend most of my free time doing but I think most people would consider me a filthy casual. That being said, I don't want to try every game that comes out like I did as a child so I usually only buy games that look interesting to me or are from a developer I trust. On average I buy a game maybe once every 3 months?

Tl;dr I don't buy many new games on a whim.
>>
File: 1494772215891.gif (2MB, 389x413px) Image search: [Google]
1494772215891.gif
2MB, 389x413px
>>377911196
Salary is a wage where I get paid for eating lunch, leaving early, and taking days off. Oh, and watching YouTube, shitposting on 4chan, playing idle games, etc
>>
>>377910052
Well, since you didn't invest it and it will sooner or later run out I hope you are ready to kill yourself when it's all gone.
>>
>>377911196
>Be a salaryfag
>Get paid for 80 hours in a pay period regardless of time actually worked making $27/hr
>When it comes to overtime, I do it for free
I feel cucked
>>
>>377911408
Ive been ready to kill myself for years m8, no worries
>>
File: trash.gif (1MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
1MB, 580x433px
>>377908627
>modern games
>>
>>377908627
You can preorder most games for like 30 bucks and you probably don't want to play them all so you will only do that about 2 or 3 times every year. For everything else you wait a year or two and it will be at a reasonable price.

You can try to do freelance work from home if you are a programmer or artist or something. I don't make enough to live off of my parents but getting small jobs from time to time that only take a couple of weeks of your time really gives you enough to buy all the vidya you want.
>>
>>377908627
Student finance gives me a decent amount of £££ cause my family is poor.

Next year I'm a wage cuck too, so for the time I do have free time I GET ALL THE VIDIAS
>>
>>377908627
I'm 28 with a decent job working from home making $3200 a month and I live with my mom. On the weekdays when she's out to work, I eat lunch at my grandma's house. I keep my expenses as low as I possibly can, including almost always waiting for sales, and I've managed to bank around $10,000+ per year. I just started my fourth year and I'm sitting on $32,000. I want to invest and retire sooner but I'm afraid of losing it all over nothing; my mom lost about $15,000 that way. I'm hoping to have a soft retire around at $300,000 and just have a part time job from then on, but that's if my company doesn't collapse or let me go.

Anyway, my situation is pretty damn lucky but the vidya industry is not for poor fags. You'll need to choose your games carefully. I would highly recommend relying on emulating old games for the most part. I did that throughout my college years and was shocked at how many quality retro games still stand up today.

>>377909558
$100K is solid but you can't live on that. Should've put aside maybe $20K to mess around with (visit Japan, take a road trip, go to E3, ect.) but bank the rest and still get a job. Most people just go nuts without thinking of the long term and that really hurts them since they're unprepared when the cash flow starts dwindling.
>>
I retired recently at a young age. Lots of money and lots of time are how I maintain my hobby.
>>
Yeah I work full time, and I am pretty thrifty.

As far as games are concerned I really don't buy many games that arn't made by Nintendo.

Those usually last me until the next big Nintendo release. The last third party game I bought was the Dead Rising remaster.
>>
>>377908801
Why does she clap while the fish flops atound?
>>
>>377910708
The backwater dimension of Kansas. Maybe I just need to get the hell out here. Change is terrifying, Plus I don't want to lose my gf
>>
I used to do Scientific Research and made some money from that, I'm running out of money so I guess I'll have to write another paper and sell another patent.
>>
>>377910651
Honestly, I'm fine with Australians doing anything in their fucking power to play videogames.

Between every animal being able to kill you and radical Australian feminists, on top of their ridiculous import taxes, you sons of bitches are fine with whatever. Good luck, aussie.
>>
>>377910845
Honestly, watch an LP unless you are 100% into it.

Game doesn't have replay value and while the story is great, you can get it from an LP.
>>
>>377911430
I'm in the same boat. Salary sounds like a big deal until you realize that your employer is just doing his best to flood you with work. It gets to the point where I just do things slower because it's impossible to leave before the end of the day, so fuck it. There's no end goal in sight and I'm getting paid the same anyway, on top of the job being extremely unfulfilling.
>>
>>377908627

I play games with a 2 to 3 year lag. Since I only play one hour or two a day, hate multiplayer, and don't want to spend too much money, playing older games is the best option. Everyone else takes the bullet for all the bad games out there, and I can truly focus on the good ones only.

I have a job that gives me TONS of free time and pays the bills, but I rather spend my extra time doing something more productive. Games are to me what TV was to my parents generation: a fun thing to do before sleep
>>
>Do you just wait 6 months until a steam sale?
Yes.

Or pirate old games.

Or pirate new games sometimes.
>>
>>377908627
>>
>>377911998

You have to be pretty stupid and very new to be this way, a gameplay trailer should be enough. Damn kids.
>>
>>377908627
I work salary 50k+ money is there but I have a bunch of games still in plastic or just sitting on my desktop untouched
>>
File: kE0PtrG.jpg (45KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
kE0PtrG.jpg
45KB, 540x405px
A game costs me about 2 hours of work, so It's pretty easy to afford. The issue I have is more that I buy games then don't find the time to play them or simply want to replay a game while others sit around collecting dust.
I'm an architect but I used to be a bar tender and it was just as easy in that case too, but a lot of it is how you manage your rent and expenses. I always live just slightly below what I can afford to make sure I'm saving money in case of emergencies.
>>
>>377911789
You do need to get the hell out of there. I'm a film major in a small south florida city and there is so little work here. I was hoping to at least get a job at one of the local news stations but no such luck. I'm working with a small sports broadcasting company and I'm doing alright but it's definitely not the future I envisioned. I'm not leaving because life is comfortable enough right now but I'm sure I'll need to move to a bigger city if I need a new job.
>>
>>377911789

you both need to escape. I also left the south and I'm so much happier. Life awaits!
>>
>>377911998
>experiencing vidya through let's plays
Sorry man, I might be a monkey but I'm not a dirty casual.
>>
>>377908627
I have a job, I could buy literally every game if I wanted to.
>>
I don't have a job, but I can't get one. It's frustrating. I'm really poor. I just live with my mom and dad while I'm already 26. I fucked up and always had terrible grades in high school and college. It took me 6 years of college to get my diploma in desktop publishing and since I got my diploma I've been searching for a job but I can't get one or I can't even get interviews at alll.
>>
>>377912228
>I always live just slightly below what I can afford to make sure I'm saving money in case of emergencies.
That's definitely not enough for retirement. If you're not saving, at minimum, %30 of your income for retirement then you're going to have a hard time.
>>
>>377911719
what do you do from home?
>>
>>377911196
>Commission is cuck tier
No. Hourly is cuck tier. Commission directly benefits you the better you do your job, whereas in every other scenario you are expected to work your ass off for no benefit.

You're the cuck, faggot
>>
Work sales/construction as a contractor, what I don't spend in bills or put in savings I spend having fun. If you cannot afford to have fun better your fucking life. How is it acceptable to call people a fuck for working for a living? Do NEETS actually think they are the lucky ones suriving on 700 a month with 3 roommates eating ramen daily?
>>
>>377912459
At the very least, get a part time job at a fast food or grocery store so that you'll have some kind of income. Then when you have time to yourself, keep job searching. Look up freelance work and create stuff on your own to add to your resume. It's not easy but your competing against people who are doing these things. It's frustrating but try not to give up.
>>
>>377908627
I buy one or two new games a month and then spend probably an additional 40-60 getting games I had a minor interest in on sale. Sometimes I'll do Dlc but for the most part I'll wait to see how much I like the game and If I plan on continuing to play it in the future.

Back in High School I used to torrent everything but then Demonoid died, I got older, and eventually had enough money where I could comfortably buy the shit I wanted to and found the ease and convince of actually owning a thing worth the price-tag.
>>
>>377908627
whats a good torrent site now?
extratorrent was my go to but now its gone

rarbg, kat, and the others all seem like shit
>>
>>377912614
Video editing. It's a passion of mine but I wish it was a subject that I actually cared about, like video game reviews.
>>
>>377912847
I worked like a month at a A&W but I was too autistic and slow so I got fired.
>>
>>377912459
It's summer there is no such thing is "I can't find a job" go get a job doing manual labor you pussy.
>>
>>377908627
Are you stupid? I budget about $100 per month for new video games that last me 100 hours of play time as I play for 3 hours each day. Who cannot afford $100 per month? Even if you are on foodstamps you can afford that. You could literally beg for two days in the city center and you'd have enough money for new vidya.
>>
Live alone in a shitty appartment.
Get paid by the government to pretend to look for work.
Go to some night classes on most week days.
I have around 200 spare euros to do with as i please every month and i still get to put some on the side for when the free ride ends. Most months i don't even buy games, like this month for example.
>>
I just wait until a game is like 5 dollars. It might take a few years. If it's something I REALLY want I might not wait that long though. I also get games from the Humble Bundle. Every once in awhile they have a AAA bundle.
>>
>>377913053
If you can't hold a job and contribute to society in some way then you can't be helped. Your last hope is to stream vidya and be a youtube clown. Good luck.
>>
>>377908627
Pro tip: you dont have to buy all games
>>
furry porn commissions and a part time job at Geek Squad. 125k-150k a year
>>
>>377908627
i rarely buy video games anymore and when i do i usually pick em up for 10-20 bucks on black friday.
>>
>>377912720
What's sad is that you need money to have fun. Keep on burning through while you pretend that you need a job, though.
>>
>>377913340
hey, it's not like I didn't try. I wanted to keep the job, but it's the manager that decided to cut me off. Like 99% of the jobs ask to be able to adapt quickly, which is something I'm good at, even in video games I can't adapt instantly and it shows for work as well.
>>
>>377908627
I have a job, live with my dad and have no other hobbies, I save around 80% of my salary each month
>>
File: Dat Ass.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dat Ass.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>377908627
>>
>>377909307

From where?
I thought lottery didn't get taxed.
>>
>>377908627
I use Swagbucks to get gift cards so I can spend as little money as possible on my hobbies. Having Amazon Prime also is good for lowering the prices of new games.
>>
>>377914015
>hey, it's not like I didn't try
I know it sucks but that doesn't mean shit. You can't adapt quickly but plenty of other people can. If you can't at least meet the standard then no one will want you. Either try again or make money off retards by streaming. Of course, government aid is also an option but I hate recommending that because then my taxes are going towards bullshit like "hurr I'm antisocial and too fat to work" but fuck it, that's the modern age I guess.
>>
File: 2017-02-24_10.12.19.jpg (358KB, 880x508px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-24_10.12.19.jpg
358KB, 880x508px
I'm a rich NEET. Pic related is my bank account and I've never even worked a day in my life. I also have a 3k pc (:
I will pirate games btw.
>>
>>377914260
I don't know what country or state doesn't tax their lottery.
>>
>>377914443
I mean that's not that impressive, man.
>>
>>377908627
I only buy a new game once every 3 or 4 months.I have a good paying job but with a wife and a needy girlfriend, I can't afford shit.
>>
>>377909361
This. $20 or no dice i have an okay backlog i can slog through until shit gets cheaper, fixed, dlc editions, before i buy anything. Plus trolling for pussy and inidating myself in pornography take up quite some time.
>>
>>377911430
>>377912035
Completely depends on the employer. I'm salaried and where I work, working overtime is actually discouraged because the bill gets passed on to our customers, and that makes us less marketable. If you are working more than 40 hours a week regularly, your manager is supposed to see what's wrong and why you're unable to get your shit done in the normal amount of time.
>>
>>377908627
I haven't spent more than 30€ on a game in the last 8 years. I have 50+ games in my "must play" category on Steam and I don't feel compelled to play games right when they come out
>>
>>377914527
Jealous wagie spotted. I'm 23 and never worked a single second, and never had to slave away at school. That is just money in savings, I have around 320k in investments, own a home worth 550k that I get 3k a month from in rent, and have zero debt also. Feels good not having to slave my life away for some jew.
>>
>>377914364
I actually wish I could be at least have social welfare but I can't because I never hold a job over a full year and I live with my mom and dad, the longest I had a job was 5-6 months.
>>
>>377908627
I've never worked in my life...I get christmas and birthday money, which I use to buy cheap shit here and there...my PC is from 2004 so I don't play modern PC games but I've got a 360 and PS3 that I'll just pick stuff up for, but nothing new ever comes out so I don't have to worry about that $60 shit ever again.

The last game I bought new was Odin Sphere on PS3, since I wanted the artbook.
>>
>buying games at full price
bitch please. Invest in hardware once, play games one year later at low prices for years.
>>
>>377908815
He asked how people afford shit, piracy was the answer.
>>
>>377908724
fpbp /thread
>>
>>377912035
Working in my job is basically salaried with all the perks except I get overtime if I happen to go over.
>>
>>377908627
I'm a college poorfag so I just pirate anything I really want since I probably couldn't afford it any time in the near future. Anything I don't feel like pirating I wait for a steam sale.

I almost exclusively buy multiplayer games since pirating those are usually useless.
>>
>>377914601
>cucking his wife
You don't deserve one you fucking cunt
>>
>>377909448
>on /v/
>"video games are for fucking loser"
I will never understand.
>>
>>377914443
how anon?
>>
>>377915036
>life handed to you on a silver platter
Yeah. enjoy.
>>
>>377908627
pirate
>>
>>377915307
Inherited it from grandfather. Along with a house that I'm renting out.
>>
>>377915229
>>377914669
>salary that benefits the employee
Man, I need a new job.
>>
File: homeofthe_wageslave_sized.gif (26KB, 700x435px) Image search: [Google]
homeofthe_wageslave_sized.gif
26KB, 700x435px
I work a part time job. 15-25 hours a week and go 50/50 on the rent with my pops.

40 hour work week is simply inhumane and I'll off myself before engaging in one.
>>
File: 1442119092350.jpg (24KB, 280x246px) Image search: [Google]
1442119092350.jpg
24KB, 280x246px
>>377913425

I'm gonna need to see some of those commissions.
>>
>>377908627
I only play one or two games at a time, like OW and monster hunter, once i'm really bored of them (like +700 hours each) i buy new vidya that i can play with my friends and dump hundred of hours on it.
>>
>>377914454

There are a couple states that don't tax lottery winnings. Not sure which ones off the top of my head, but it sure as shit a'int my shitty state.
>>
>>377915452
Better cock that gun, my friend.
>>
File: 1494446705723.gif (21KB, 111x150px) Image search: [Google]
1494446705723.gif
21KB, 111x150px
>>377915381
>slaving away 50 years of your life to some jew just so you can experience true NEETDOM before you die.

Enjoy, wagie.
>>
File: 1313317317009.png (81KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313317317009.png
81KB, 400x400px
>>377915452
>40 hour work week is simply inhumane
Do you have any idea what business starters have to put in just to stay afloat?

40 hours is fucking comfy.
>>
>>377915036
>slave away

That mentality right there is the problem. Learning new things is empowering and fun, not a chore. I work 3 days a week and make solid money because I'm well educated. This allows me to spend time playing games and lurking and making new thing as much as I want. If y'all went to school and saw it as an opportunity rather than an obligation, this wouldn't be a problem.

Go to school. Learn to enjoy learning. The rest takes care of itself. It's not hard.
>>
File: 1483217324744.jpg (84KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1483217324744.jpg
84KB, 1024x683px
>live with mom for one year after high school
>walmart 12/hr
>5 figgies in the bank in 6 months

wow that was easy
>>
File: 1484851218062.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1484851218062.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>>377915636
Don't blame him for thinking life isn't just about working and dying
>>
File: 1454181943216.gif (323KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
1454181943216.gif
323KB, 192x256px
>>377915605
>did nothing to deserve the money
>GET FUCKED WAGIES

Rather be a wagie than be delusional.
>>
>>377915407

Imagine renting from a gross, smelly NEET and having to drag him away from his vidya when there's a legitimate issue he needs to address. As if there's any way he's gonna part with precious free money when he needs it for vidya.
>>
>>377915694
Just like many weren't born with a lot of money, not all of us were born with the high IQs needed for higher education.
>>
File: RnGEd93.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
RnGEd93.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>377915636
I don't really care what they have to put in to stay a float. Spending more time at work than at home is simply not an acceptable way to live. I'll opt out of life before becoming a slave to the system
>>
I only buy the things I want not every game that comes out, usually ends up being around 3-4 games a year I'd buy at full price. Pirate the rest. Also I have gob.
>>
>>377915750
I don't. I'm calling him an idiot for thinking 40 hours is much.
>>377915887
Let me put it this way: Start a business, the business is your life now.

40 hours? Out of 168 hours in a week? That's not that much.
>>
>>377915750
This. I'm in full on existential crisis right now. I'm successful, but coming to realize that I still have another 25-30 years of this shit if I don't find some golden ticket. Fuck that for real. Time to make a game or something. Eventually you reach a point where working for someone else just to work for someone else becomes soul crushing. Follow your dreams, say no to the man, etc.
>>
File: raining_david_tennant.gif (376KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
raining_david_tennant.gif
376KB, 500x264px
>>377908627
Joke's on you - I don't play modern games because I'm poor
>>
>>377908627
High-paying, very stressful job. Vidya is more of a need than a want.
>>
>>377916002
>Start a business.
>Every thing you do directly benefits you
>Even still, 90% chance you will fail and be hopelessly in debt then file for bankrupcy.

>Dont start a business
>Have to work 14 hours a day making another man rich.
>At the end of the year, you're just barely further along than the start of the year.

Sorry anon but Capitalism has failed.
>>
>>377909162
This. Video games are a really cheap "hobby".

Fuck I casually spend 90€ for 2 hours at a restaurant with another person. That's already 1.5 fully priced AAA games.
>>
>>377911765
shes the fish
>>
>>377915036
Still not that much. That like lower-middle suburban money. Might be impressive to a NEET, but it isn't.

"Fuck you money" is a bit higher than a couple of six-figure whatevers. Really, you're just looking a bit foolish boasting about your really unimpressive portfolio on a dickshit tickling board.
>>
>>377916124
>Have to work 14 hours a day making another man rich.
That'd be 70 hours, not 40.

40 hours is 8 hours per day, and still two days off per week, plus holidays and vacation days, of course.
>>
>>377908627
I'm picky and only by games I know I'll like. Yes the are tons of games, by they aren't all worth playing. Plus backlog.

It's financed with my paycheck le
>>
>>377916227
A 1 million dollar net worth at 23 is not lower middle class. It is considered wealthy.
>>
File: 1396742257109.png (293KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1396742257109.png
293KB, 848x480px
>>377908627

HOW?!

IT'S CALLED GETTING A FUCKING JOB YOU FUCKING BUM!

I have always had money to get the games i want because i'm not a fucking bum living of net bucks or mooching of his parents
>>
>>377917254
Depends entirely on location.
In a major city like New York its average if you wan to physically live in the city.
In parts of California (Mainly the Valley) you can make a million dollars and qualify for foodstamps.
If you live in bumble-fuck Wisconsin, a million dollars gives you a controlling interest in the state and you can legally fuck any Mayors spouse whenever you want an nobody is allowed to stop you.
>>
>>377917692
>In parts of California (Mainly the Valley) you can make a million dollars and qualify for foodstamps.

Christ we really need to gas the rich
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.