[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stellaris for $12?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (132KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
132KB, 1920x818px
Is Stellaris worth picking up for $12 on the humble monthly? I love paradox games, but their DLC policy is downright cancerous. Is the base game okay, or will I need $70 of DLC for it to be playable?
>>
File: 1494240526924.gif (40KB, 600x172px) Image search: [Google]
1494240526924.gif
40KB, 600x172px
It'll be forever bugged and terrible. Don't bother.
>>
It's still half a game, it will be a couple of years before there is enough DLC to make it a full game.
>>
coming from a ck2 player running since Sons of Abraham, I can tell you that Paradox runs off a model of selling DLC alongside patches

if DLC stops selling, patches will have long dry spells, no matter how much some things may need attention and could easily receive as much. If you complain near fans, you will either be ignored or told to use mods; mods will very likely have some kind of elaboration or fix you want, but it will always be bundled forcibly with a bunch of shit you may not want. If you learn to mod good on you but some people don't have the patience to do that.

Unlike a historical setting however where they could pay someone to dig all day long to smooth out edges and satisfy the curiosity of many by making all areas of the map interesting in their own right, Stellaris is Sci-Fi and pretty much restricted only by whatever imagination and money permits.
>>
File: 1457882343734.png (1MB, 960x793px) Image search: [Google]
1457882343734.png
1MB, 960x793px
>pozzed anti-white SJW game
>giving them any money
>>
>>377904937

I bought it in the Humble Monthly.

I'd say it's worth $12 since it'll take probably around 30 or so hours for you to start seeing its faults.
>>
>>377904937

If you like Paradox games and sci-fi then yes, it's definately worth the price.

Make sure to get Utopia since it adds a lot of worthwhile content.
>>
>>377906250

There's genocide and slavery in the game. It's not SJW.

If you're referring to the European phenotypes mod, it still exists.
>>
It's got some cool events and stuff but there's a lot of boring time when nothing happens and I just wait for researches to finish.
>>
I was considering it my favorite strategy game ever, but it still suffers from the usual boring shit 4X games always do, the later game where you're just tediously doing excessive shit to achieve the victory. Like, colonizing a planet was fun. Then colonizing three more was fun. By the end of the game, you're colonizing about five at a time and you just have infinite resources to do so, but you still have to wait around for your federation to colonize their planets or wait for peace treaties to end to actually take over the amount needed to win.
>>
Considering how much I enjoyed other paradox games, I think I'll bite. Maybe I'll even be pleasantly surprised with the rest of the bundle
>>
File: 1493652953472.png (519KB, 430x654px) Image search: [Google]
1493652953472.png
519KB, 430x654px
>>377904937
i played like 500h senpai

desu 12 shekel are allright but not more
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.