[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devil May Cry 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 250px-DMC2FrontCover.jpg (25KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-DMC2FrontCover.jpg
25KB, 250x355px
What the hell did I just play? This game had so many cool new mechanics and concepts, but every single one of them has shitty execution.
>every sword in the game has the same move set
>worst bosses in the series that range from pathetically easy to frustrating and annoying
>extremely bland level design
>parkour is useless
>boring and nonsensical story
>Dante acts like an edgy jerk the entire time
>levels have no connection to each other. Dante will just suddenly appear in a different location with no explanation whatsoever.
>the guns are ridiculously overpowered. I think that making the guns a bit more useful was a good idea, but this isn't the way to do it.
>INFESTED FUCKING CHOPPER
The only really good things in this game are the inclusion of a dodge button and the great OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQgiV2hyEc
>>
>>377900851
Finally, someone else aknowledges DMC2's OST. It's one of my favorite OSTs from that entire generation.
>>
>>377901624
It has some of the best tracks in the series.
>>
>>377901746
Bust the Beast is GOAT.
>>
>>377900851
We wouldn't have Devil May Cry 3 without DMC2, you can always be thankful for that I guess.
>>
3 > 4 > 1 > DmC > 2

In my onion.
>>
>>377900851
>INFESTED FUCKING CHOPPER
Fuck off copter enemies r kwel
>>
>>377900851
Wasn't expecting to come across a DMC2 thread, I'm currently playing it for the first time and getting mixed feelings about it as well.

I'm actually liking Dante's acrobatics and the gloomy ghost towns (especially the music that plays in them), but the combat system feels like a downgrade from the first game. Boss fights have been unimpressive and boring, the chopper was atrocious and probably one of the worst boss fights I have ever experienced.

Anyways, the game has been quite easy so far, but I keep getting shit ranks because the game expects you to finish levels in 2 minutes while being """stylish""" and to have gathered tons of red orbs.
>>
>>377902564
That's mine too, except I haven't played DmC yet. I have a feeling I would put it int he same place, though.
>>
DMC2 felt like a let down. Hell, my 14 year old self didn't even know you could switch characters by switching discs, and the main villain being some run of the mill human?
>>
File: 1494660478237.png (234KB, 541x376px) Image search: [Google]
1494660478237.png
234KB, 541x376px
>>377900851
>DMC2 bombs
>start making DMC3
>have Kaneko do DT design in exchange for Dante guest-starring in Nocturne
>they put in DMC2 Dante
>>
>>377905870
funnily enough DMC2 is one of the harder games of the series to S-rank all the missions.
You can maintain your rank by spamming dodge, but it's ehh pointless.
You don't even get anything for clearing both discs on Must Die mode, completely unrewarding.
>>377902564
>>377906309
DmC is far worse than DMC2, believe me.
The true ranking is 3 = 1 > 4 > 2 > DmC
You really can't go wrong with 1 and 3.
>>
>>377905870
I never beat it but from what I played, playing "stylishly" in it means playing like a retard or something. In the other DMC games, it made more sense when you'd see your style rank.
If DMC2 ever feels too shitty you don't want to continue it, feel free to skip to DMC3. The events of it are never mentioned again, they basically just said DMC2 takes place some time after all the other games.
>>
>>377906676
>DmC is far worse than DMC2, believe me.
I'm going to have to see myself, but I consider DMC2 actually a broken game, not just a bad one. Like it's what a modern day equivalent of an abandoned early access game would be.
>>
Can anyone explain what was going on? Half the time youre just fighting some shit and then you get to the end and kill Agasis or whatever his name is. I had no idea what i was doing when it came out.
>>
I still think DMC2 Dante is one of the best looking design-wise. Too bad his personality is shit.

I also liked the desperation devil trigger. Too bad that has never been brought back up.
>>
If you think about it, DMC3 simplified everything and somehow managed to be more complex.
>>
>>377906680
I did already play 3 years back, I started a new playthrough just last week and I'm currently stuck on Beowulf, I needed to take a break and started playing DMC2 for a change. DMC3 is something else without Trickster.
>>
>>377906923
>There's this guy called Arius
>Is the head of an international company
>Wants to become a god
>Plans to do this by using a ritual to summon an ancient demon called Argosax and absorb its power
>Needs artifacts called Arkana to do this
>Lucia goes on her quest to retrieve them before Arius does
That's about the gist of the plot, the actual reasons for the levels you go through are there, but its super fucking vague.
>>
File: Fornicat THOU.png (91KB, 1312x354px) Image search: [Google]
Fornicat THOU.png
91KB, 1312x354px
>>377906764
DMC2 was made by a team that didn't have nearly enough time to really figure out what they were doing, or what fans wanted.

But they made 3, and really worked their asses off to do it, which is why 3 is one of the best action games ever made, and still considered the most CUHRAYZEE game of all time.

DmC... well its a good action game. The music is alright, the sounds of monsters is pretty annoying though since it gets too repetitive. The level design is pretty damn good, but the bosses range from uninspired what the fucks, to slurm queen from futurama, to fox news anchors RIP.
The characters are annoying, and the story is truly, truly bad. And nonsensical... An immortal demon wants to control the world through debt... um, well I guess if it causes misery on earth that also leads them to hell it might be a win win. But you also piss him off by trying to kill his offspring, his "heir"... by why the fuck does an immortal demon king need a child? And then the dick jokes...
>>
File: Tameem.jpg (22KB, 443x491px) Image search: [Google]
Tameem.jpg
22KB, 443x491px
>>377906764
And don't forget to buy DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition (TM) for the best Devil May Cry experience!
>>
>>377907639
Man, those were good times to be browsing /v/.
My favorite series went to shit because of it, but at least it spawned some golden memes.
>>
>>377907885
I would if they released it on fucking PC
>>
>>377908030
You don't want that pollution on your pc friendo.
>>
>>377908075
I already have the regular one since it came in a bundle.
>>
>>377906923
I literally had no idea what Dante was even doing until the end of the game.
>>
File: Sameem.jpg (9KB, 300x374px) Image search: [Google]
Sameem.jpg
9KB, 300x374px
>>377908030
Hola, ninios! You are just in luck! DmC can be played on the pc!
>>
File: aLVdU90.png (167KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
aLVdU90.png
167KB, 500x282px
>>377908335
I know, but not the definitive version
>>
File: ANGRYMEME.jpg (66KB, 940x528px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRYMEME.jpg
66KB, 940x528px
>>377908419
FUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOU
>>
File: 1341311414570.png (650KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1341311414570.png
650KB, 720x540px
>>377900851
>The only really good things in this game are the inclusion of a dodge button
no
>>
>>377908948
I don't know, man. I like it. It makes the combat more fluid. I prefer this to the sliding around with Trickster in DMC3.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.