[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hearthstone is retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

File: hearthstone1[1].png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone1[1].png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Hearthstone is the most retarded game I've ever played. I'm going to ignore the pay2win, the balance issues, the RNG or the complete lack of strategic play.

Nope, the single thing that utterly makes this game retarded on its own is how uncreative it is. Blizzard made sure that only their pre-made decks are viable. The so-called "players" of this game could just as well be robots who perform an algorithm that was programmed into them by Blizzard.

It's sad enough that the game doesn't give you the ability to make meaningful choices in the game. But to top it all off, it doesn't allow you to make meaningful choices before the game either. All the cards are just a facade. In actuality, this game could just as well consist of playing a single card. There are cards called "75% chance of winning" or "50% chance of winning" etc. Heck no, why even deal any cards. Just clock on a play button and the game instantly tells you "you lost" or "you won" based on the algorithm of the game. That's literally what is happening here.
>>
>>377895406
Watch the popular streamers for the game, it gets even worse. The #1 streamer exploited D3 to build his viewership and he just spent 5 grand on packs when the expansion dropped.
>>
>>377895406
>Nope, the single thing that utterly makes this game retarded on its own is how uncreative it is. Blizzard made sure that only their pre-made decks are viable.
because the last time players discovered unique decks we got patron warrior and midrange hunter

also most "unique" decks are actually unoptimised versions of good decks, see the various flavours of midrange paladin becoming secret paladin
>>377895510
wait kripp is the most popular streamer now?
>>
>>377895406
Yep. They release "themes", e.g. C'thun, pirate, dragon etc instead of releasing creative cards and letting people make their own decks. They also cycle out old cards so there's always a pathetic card pool for standard (and wild is dead, and unbalanced).

Couple that with the fact that aggro is pretty much always dominant, and that "counter" decks only have a 55-65% win-rate and you have a trash game. Like, you know the most powerful aggro deck might be pirate warrior, but the tools just aren't in the game to crush it.

Arena is pretty fun though.
>>
>>377895564
He's been the most popular HS streamer for years
>>
>>377895406
And what does that make you for playing it for months
>>
Add to this that there is virtually zero interaction between the players in the game. You can know EXACTLY what the other player is about to do and you cannot stop him. The only way to interact in another player's turn is via secrets and there are only a few of them, are easily avoided and they don't do much.
>>
>>377895995

Nice ad hominem. Talk about the points raised, not the person raising them.
>>
This thread is fucking retarded.

You sound like one of those faggots that goes into yugioh threads and says "My blue eyes deck from 2001 can still beat you XD"

Blizz's 'pre-made decks' are awful and nobody plays them, they release cards that support archetypes, which I assume is what you're *actually* talking about - to which i say;

Have you played a card game, ever?

This is how they all operate, literally every single card game is like this. You faggots always talk about how X card game doesn't release "original cards" to make "actually original decks" and never point to which fucking card game does this which is because (spoilers) there fucking isn't one.

As soon as you release ANY card that synergizes with other cards, it starts to become an archetype, players build decks around those relationships because the best way to get good at a game where you pull random cards out of a deck is to try and make it more consistent.

IE I want cards X or Y or Z because they combo with card A in my hand. So you build a deck that lends itself to increasing said xyz and abc cards.

This is like deck building 101, and you faggots keep skipping class.
>>
>>377896674
The problem isn't that there's new powerful cards, the problem is that there's massive powercreep from cards that should be of a similar level in Hearthstone. Of course there's new cards that get into particular decks, as it should be. What shouldn't happen is that all of the new 1 drops are generally better than those of a few years back.

Plus, the Wild/Standard rotation thing is fucking retarded. Rather than using the unique opportunity of a purely virtual card game (balancing cards), they just discard a huge bunch of them for no good reason.
>>
>>377896840
If "balance" isn't a good enough reason, I don't know what is.
Also, would you mind elaborating how does a card game being virtual have anything to do with it being easier or not easier to balance around thousands of different cards?
>>
>>377896840
>The problem isn't that there's new powerful cards, the problem is that there's massive powercreep from cards that should be of a similar level in Hearthstone. Of course there's new cards that get into particular decks, as it should be. What shouldn't happen is that all of the new 1 drops are generally better than those of a few years back.

This has nothing to do with anything that the thread or my post is about

>Plus, the Wild/Standard rotation thing is fucking retarded.
No it isn't, again this is basic normal shit for card games, cycling out the old meta with the new meta helps to slow power creep rather than inflate it, like you were complaining about, because there's no longer a reason to try and make cards more powerful than the last batch - because the last batch will disappear.

Also, again, a ton of cardgames have this season idea, most prominent of which is magic, which is the longest running card game of all time and seems to be doing just fine.

I really don't understand why you people keep making threads complaining about the most trivial normal shit for card games to do, when it makes it completely obvious you don't play them regularly.
>>
>>377897116
They can patch cards you fucking actual literal fucking retard. Jesus H Christ how stupid are you?
>>
>>377897116
>Also, would you mind elaborating how does a card game being virtual have anything to do with it being easier or not easier to balance around thousands of different cards?

You can change already existing cards..? This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>377897204
Regular card games "patch cards" too, it's called an errata, again, every post you make, makes it obvious you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>377897121
>No it isn't, again this is basic normal shit for card games, cycling out the old meta with the new meta helps to slow power creep rather than inflate it, like you were complaining about, because there's no longer a reason to try and make cards more powerful than the last batch - because the last batch will disappear.

It doesn't slow down the power creep, it accelerates it, because people are forced to only play with the new cards over the old ones. Worse, it creates a pathetic little card pool allowing for zero creativity because netdecks are insanely powerful and never change throughout a season.

And again, this is not a regular card game - it's a virtual one. They have the opportunity here to actually change older cards that are overused, over- or underpowered, or didn't work out, to create a better environment. But they don't, they take the lazy way out by dumping entire expansions because they make more money that way.

You can tell this easily by playing Wild. Wild STILL has every deck use cards that were always blatantly overpowered (Shredder, Dr. Boom, that kind of shit) but were never changed, because Blizzard doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>377897259
Errata in regular card games are extremely rare and often just correct mistakes rather than buffing or nerfing them - the latter does happen, but it's usually only a few cards per entire card game. Hearthstone and virtual card games like it have the ability to massive change a whole bunch of cards in a way that physical card games don't.
>>
>>377897498
Nigger what? Hearthstone is a piece of shit and Blizzard is as greedy as a company can get before it starts to kidnap people and steal their kidneys, but rotation does NOT drive power creep. It's one of the strongest countermeasures because the designers DON'T have to design cards that are stronger than Shredder as a 4drop
>>
>>377897498
>It doesn't slow down the power creep, it accelerates it, because people are forced to only play with the new cards over the old ones.

Okay, now I'm positive, you don't know what the term 'power creep' means.

Power creep is referring to the practice of making new cards more powerful than the old cards, so that you buy the new ones. This literally cannot exist when the old cards are not allowed to be played in the format.

Power creep isn't a term that just means "playing new cards" you dumb fuck.

> Worse, it creates a pathetic little card pool allowing for zero creativity because netdecks are insanely powerful and never change throughout a season.

There's that word again "creativity" so I'll ask you, which game doesn't have this 'problem'?

If seasons didn't exist would netdecking cease to be? Would people stop playing decks that are popular? Why would decks suddenly change throughout a season because old cards exist?

Do you see how fucking retarded you sound?

> They have the opportunity here to actually change older cards that are overused, over- or underpowered, or didn't work out, to create a better environment. But they don't
They have done this multiple times. Here's a list of changes:
http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Card_changes

>You can tell this easily by playing Wild.
Wild is called 'wild' because it's intentionally left unbalanced.

Also you acknowledge that older cards are unbalanced but somehow thing making older cards unavailable will increase power creep rather than reduce it.

tl;dr: You're dumb.
>>
>>377897842
I mean in the particular case of Hearthstone it does, not that it does in all card games.
>>
>>377897889
Explain how being forced to only play new cards drives power creep.
>>
>>377897863
>If seasons didn't exist would netdecking cease to be? Would people stop playing decks that are popular? Why would decks suddenly change throughout a season because old cards exist?

It's not about netdecks existing at all, but it's about the amount of them. With a larger card pool you can build more strong decks than with a very small card pool. How hard is that to understand?

>They have done this multiple times. Here's a list of changes
>Also you acknowledge that older cards are unbalanced but somehow thing making older cards unavailable will increase power creep rather than reduce it.

Gee I wonder if you could perhaps combine these two statements into making a more balanced game. Hmmmmmm.
>>
File: 1495133307682.png (18KB, 128x111px) Image search: [Google]
1495133307682.png
18KB, 128x111px
>Complaining about power creep when nothing has come close to naxx levels yet
>>
>>377898005
If you're not allowed to play certain cards you suddenly lack counters to the incredibly strong newer set cards. Cards aren't just "strong" in a vacuum, they're strong in comparison to other cards. I.e. pirate warrior or quest rogue would be much more easily countered with things like Unstable Ghoul still around. Instead, Blizzard forces a meta where their strong cards are just that strong.

>>377898121
So that's why only Naxx is played in Wild, then? Oh no, wait.
>>
>>377898052
You're asking for them to rebalance over a thousand cards every time they make new ones, having a limited format (like just about every other card game with alot of cards, i'll remind you) makes it an easier and more balanced game.

Your arguments contradict each other. A limited pool of cards is inherently more balanced than the same cards in a larger pool.

Every argument you make, jumping all over the place, makes you sound more and more retarded.
>>
>>377898570
I'm glad you end every post the same way, it really shows conviction in your argument.

I'm not asking them to rebalance "a thousand" cards, most cards in each set are completely fine and fairly balanced from the get-go. Turns out that again, being virtual, Hearthstone can gauge what cards are over or underused, appear in almost every single deck, and then they can actually go take a look at them. They've done this in very sparse amounts as you mentioned, but for the most part, whether due to laziness or greed, they stop at only a few and only after years and years (see: the most recent Hall of Fame).

You can't possibly believe that the game got more balanced through having a limited card pool, either, because seasons have gotten more and more polarized over time, and some archetypes just completely disappeared because, oh well, their cards were removed for no good reason. That's not healthy. I've played Magic for ages, and you can argue that they have had seasons and such, but they remove way, way less sets than Hearthstone ever does (always adding more cards than they remove), and only after looking very specifically at some older sets. Archetypes don't tend to disappear as easily, either.
>>
>>377895406
I actually agree.
>>
>>377898052
> How hard is that to understand?
Maybe if you kept to one argument instead of constantly changing what it is you're trying to say it'd be easier to 'understand'.

>the game is uncreative because only 'pre-made decks are viable'
>its not that it's uncreative it's powercreep
>its powercreep because 1 drop cards are better than old cards
(TL note: old cards are only worse now because they got nerfed, this will be important later)
>seasons are retarded because its a virtual card game
>seasons are retarded because it makes decks uncreative
>seasons are retarded because it creates powercreep
>it creates powercreep because people make new cards
>they should nerf old cards instead of having seasons
(TL note: this is where the previous retardation comes into play)
>it doesn't matter that normal card games also patch cards because i think they don't do it a lot
(TL note: they do)
>the fact that they did hundreds of balance changes to previous cards doesn't matter
>limiting cards so that old cards don't have to be 'beaten' by new cards accelerates power creep
>limiting the card pool allows for zero creativity because of netdecking
>people would still netdeck if they had the old cards
>its not about netdecking existing its about the amount of them
>most cards are balanced

I think my favourite thing is where you say you've played magic for years but say;
>You could say they have seasons

Magic has had 'seasons' since 1995. Why would you even pretend like that? holy shit

Also;
> but they remove way, way less sets than Hearthstone ever does
They do literally the exact same thing. Last 3 released sets, within 2 years.

Just, stop. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>377895995
it actually takes that much time to atleast make a decent deck for new players if not more
>>
>>377899487
Are you able to formulate an actual argument like a human being? Chopping up posts so they lose their context to make a greentext block doesn't constitute one. Try adding a funny reaction image next time, you seem to be on that level of arguing.
>>
File: cerberus.jpg (832KB, 1313x1848px) Image search: [Google]
cerberus.jpg
832KB, 1313x1848px
sniff me
>>
lick me
>>
>>377899806
Somebody who didn't address a single point of an argument, and instead proceeded to attack the format and complain it's hard to read should shut the fuck up about others' arguing skills.

You are a joke.
>>
>>377902724
t. Drumpft voter
>>
>>377902904
are you trying to imply drumpf voters are intelligent and able to argue withput fallacies?
>>
File: 1389914139644.jpg (81KB, 370x507px) Image search: [Google]
1389914139644.jpg
81KB, 370x507px
>>377895406
>be OP
>be huge hearthstone addict
>brain starts to fuck out
>makes the most nonviable deck imaginable
>Worstlosingstreakofalltime.jpg
>rages
>goes on 4chan and releases his cucky rage

well played OP that will show them
>>
File: its boom oclockl.jpg (88KB, 397x596px) Image search: [Google]
its boom oclockl.jpg
88KB, 397x596px
so who is your cardfu?
>>
>buying virtual cards with real money
>playing virtual cards game

How fucking retard can you be?
>>
>>377895406
im glad you started your blog post by stating that card games are pay 2 win so I saved myself the trouble of ignore the rest

>any card game
>not being pay 2 win

hearthstone is the least pay2win card game type because even if you spend money you aren't guaranteed to get the card you want or enough crafting material to get it. In real life you can just buy the card directly. Complaining that a card game is pay2win is like saying a fps has too many guns in it.
>>
>>377903765

don't try to reason with them. they're already convinced of their position and don't want to argue, they just be told that they are right
>>
>>377903327
Last time I summoned this bitch, it was with Silvermoon Portal in my janky F2P Moroes/Steward of Darkshire zooladin Karazhan deck. Went as well as you'd expect.
>>
File: how i play hearthstone.jpg (43KB, 780x466px) Image search: [Google]
how i play hearthstone.jpg
43KB, 780x466px
>>377904058

i like her because its a high risk high reward card. specially if you're playing evolve shaman. then again my favorite cards are along the lines of Dirty Rat, Yogg and Elise 2
>>
>>377895406
>Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic
>I have only enough cash as a beginner to start off with a single deck archetype
>it's probably going to be the cheapest viable archetype, like Mono Red in Magic or Lightsworns or Monarchs in YGO

>HS
>I have 9 classes to mix and match my cards in
>I can stay afloat with just doing quests
>pro streamers do "F2P To Legend" runs all the time
>janky decks where Boulderfist Ogre is unironically your best card can still be fun
>Mage's basic cards can easily carry you to rank 10
>>
File: patches.png (205KB, 286x395px) Image search: [Google]
patches.png
205KB, 286x395px
>>
>>377905786
Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>377906252

Aye^2
>>
>>377895406
>MFW you can just take dinomancy and rape every fuck-head in standard.

https://i.imgur.com/D9GP50k.gifv
>>
File: de_and_rob_comp.png (113KB, 1331x665px) Image search: [Google]
de_and_rob_comp.png
113KB, 1331x665px
Shadowverse is the best card game right now.
Here's our last 2 metas. Our current one was the worst but nerfs just hit the other day so we might be entering another good meta.
Most importantly though shadowverse isn't pay to win and they give out free packs all the time
>>
>>377906957

my Silverbolt deck still works alright. I'm just more susceptible to being rushed down now because blood and shadow got better at it
>>
>>377904261
t. Stockholm syndrome bitchboy whale
>>
>>377896840

>Power Creep

I pretty tired of people stating the Power Creep bullshit. Other than they initial release of cards from Nax and GvG the cards haven't gotten any more powerful, if anything they have gotten worse.

If power creep was a thing then the best Wild decks would be literally nothing but newer cards, but they aren't.
>>
>>377903228
fuking loled
>>
>>377904058
>summon a 5-drop with a portal that summons 2-drops
it's more likely you mean you summoned it with firelands
>>
>>377908430
Oh yeah, you are right. I mixed up two different events.

The Paladin SNAFU that I committed was, in fact, summoning Doomsayer while having board advantage.
>>
>>377904261
>>pro streamers do "F2P To Legend" runs all the time

Retarded argument. Have you looked at what those fucks DO in those? They first grind a month of Arena runs to get packs and gold, because it's impossible without a headstart. Then they DUST EVERY CARD THAT DOESN'T GO INTO THEIR ONE DECK. And then they autistically grind the ladder with the one (1) deck they have. That is the least fun thing imaginable. Most medieval forms of torture are more fun than grinding the fucking ladder with one fucking deck.

So, no, "everything is fine because Trump can grind himself to Legend in two months with a single netdeck" is bullshit. You're supposed to ENJOY a game, not barely srape by if you work 3-4 hours every day for a job that doesn't pay money. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>377908880
>You're supposed to ENJOY a game
But I do. That was just one of the examples. You may very well hit rank 5 by just doing all quests daily and getting better. Midrange Hunter and Tempo Mage are cheap as fuck.

>And then they autistically grind the ladder with the one (1) deck they have. That is the least fun thing imaginable
Welcome to competitive card games. Except in a paper card game, you generally have to commit to the only one deck you have because you sunk your whole budget into it, rather than even having an option to dab into the other classes.
>>
>>377908823
>snafu

>>>/reddit/
>>
If you play Blizzard games for any amount of time it very quickly becomes apparent that Blizzard has an absolute hate-on for Emergent gameplay. If you EVER do anything in a different way it gets removed. Don't you dare color outside the boxes.
It's most obvious with WoW, and their removal of talent trees. Their standard defense of this is "Well you didn't have choice anyway! it was the ILLUSION of choice!".
And this is total bullshit. The reason people were stuck with cookie cutter builds was because every single time someone did something different, Blizzard removed it. Dreamstate Druids, Cataclysm Warlocks, Shadowfrost DK's, Spellhancement Shamans, Balance/Resto, Arms tanking, Prot/Holy healing, just off the top of my head.
This continues in Legion, where they've hotfixed things as benign as farming nethershards because people were doing it the WRONG way. They found a way that it could be done for similar results to the way Blizzard intended, so it was removed.
This is further demonstrated on Private servers using older versions of the game, where players use builds that would NEVER have been allowed to exist in the live version had anyone figured them out, the Dual Wield sword-spec Arms DPS spec primarily, but also several Rogue builds and the Ele/Enh hybrid build.

Blizzard wants you to play the game they want the game played, every single one of you. Original thought is verboten, inventiveness is verboten, thinking outside the box is a capital offense.
>>
>>377909098
>You may very well hit rank 5 by just doing all quests daily

THE QUESTS ARE BULLSHIT. The quests take fucking forever to do, most of them require you to build a specific deck and they give SHIT for reards! You have to work like an hour to get one fucking quest done and your reward is two fifths of a pack, and that pack has NOTHING in it! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU how the fuck can you even defend this shit? Hearthstone is the worst fucking game ever made and the people behind it deserve to fucking die for their sins.
>>
>>377909941
>Winning three games takes an hour
>>
>>377910227
Yes it does FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>377910227
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
>>377910227

It absolutely does. The game is fucking slow as molasses on top of being shit, unfun and pay-to-win. Not to mention that most quests today aren't even straightforward "win X games" affairs but some stupid bullshit like "discard 20 cards" or "play 75 murlocs" or "cast 5 priest spells as a rogue on a paladin during a solar flare and a full eclipse". I don't have time for that god damn shit. I should get like 500 gold just for logging in for this shit game to be remotely sustainable.
>>
>>377911395
wahhh wahhh, why can't i get those gibsmedat?

you sounds like a baby leftist nigger.
>>
>>377911507

Sorry sir, but I just don't feel like having a second job that pays in negative fucking dollars. ALL other card games give me free shit for logging in, have easy quests with good rewards that are worth my time spent, and on top of that they're better as games, more skill based and tactical. Every single card game that exists shits on Jewstone.
>>
>>377895406
git gud you are not fooling anyone
>>
File: 18110155.jpg (389KB, 1803x580px) Image search: [Google]
18110155.jpg
389KB, 1803x580px
>>377909941
>>377911395
>>377911945
Then play the better card game.
Blizzard is just raping it's consumers because they know they can.
They have most people brainwashed from WoW, hence "blizzdrones".
Meanwhile I'll play a game that I can get free packs daily from. It's 1 year anniversary is coming up soon and I sure can't wait to see how many free packs we're gonna get.
>>
- Braindead autopilot decks that require no skill or decisionmaking
- So much RNG that winning or losing is almost completely out of my control
- Slow players
- Lack of interactivity - on your opponent's turn, you can only watch
- Incredibly stingy F2P model
- Incredibly expensive packs for how little they give you
- Epics and legendaries are way too rare and mandatory for decks
- All formats except standard ranked (the most boring format) completely unsupported
- Arrogant dev team that dismisses all complaints and concerns
- Almost no balance patches
- Useless old cards never get buffed
- When something gets nerfed, it's nerfed straight to complete uselessness instead of aiming for fairness
- Card pool is shallow, no opportunities for creative deckbuilding
- Almost no interesting synergies or combos, if someone finds an effective combo it is seen as a design error instead of encouraged
- No sense of progress of any kind
- Buggy
- Slow
- Not fun
- Game sucks dick
>>
File: 12313211.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
12313211.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>>377895406

Hearthstone was actually comfy fun before Naxxramas came out. Miracle Rogue back then actually took skill to play.
>>
this game would suck less of they removed locked class cards or removed neutrals and made everyhing class locked. This half assed system sucks, everything feels the same but with a different skin.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.