[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do I need to play the optimal version of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Arcanum_cover_copy[1].jpg (40KB, 248x300px) Image search: [Google]
Arcanum_cover_copy[1].jpg
40KB, 248x300px
>>
>>377890562
>>
>>377891145
>>
>>377890562
Get the gog.com version, it's compatible with patches. then get community fixes, res fixes etc.
http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/dest/uap.html

A good first playthough is mage, using harm and ogre summon to cheese the game, leaving enough points for talk/utility skills so you can get good dialogue. Late game you'll want teleport.

enjoy
>>
>>377891817
thx, is this modding guide all I need??

https://gogwiki.com/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura#Modifications

or is there more
>>
>>377891817
I don't think a summon mage is the best 1° playthrough, as the familiar absolutely wrecks everything in sight and it's not that hard to get (as long as you play elf, that is), I'd say any kind of elemental mage, spamming fireballs is satisfying and eases you in the fatigue system (also the tech-magic relationship) that you will need to know inside-out if you want to play as any kind of melee
>>
>>377892024
>>
>>377892797
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5213556

???
>>
>>377892024
I think that, and the link from my last post was all i used last time i played.
>>377892604
Harm+ogres, is the least point intensive build, and can take you through the entire game. He can spend points on whatever and just enjoy exploring.
>>
difficulty is like this:

magic user > magic fighter > tech fighter >>> gun user
>>
>>377893861
Magic fighter takes a bit longer to get OP, but once you have 20 str, 20 dex, hasten, and melee/dodge you're a beast with 50 AP that can hack everything to death before anyone gets their turn. Mage is still OP, but really nothing compares to 50AP murder sprees.
>>
a bullet to the head
>>
>>377896121
epic
>>
>>377890562
i'd get the unofficial patch and that's it. doesn't really need anything else.
terra arcanum is prolly the place to go for arcanum patches and such
>>
Did you guys run around blindly around the world or did you go to the places that you heard about from the ingame characters?
i was thinking of starting a new game but i'm curious if every location can be "heard of" or do i need to run around to find some?
>>
>>377898591
Most can be discovered via dialogue, or found by chance. I usually spend some time roaming around before i get to the interesting stuff, just so i can level up a bit and get the points to be effective in dialogue as well as combat.

One thing you should know before you do that, once you hit the level cap, so does your followers. If you plan on having friends, recruit them early.
>>
>>377898591
>>377898803
I should clarify, by chance i mean you stumbling on them, not as in random encounters. if you want to clear the map, google it by the time you're near the end of the game.
>>
>>377890562
The cracked version you can torrent is identical to the gog.com version, seeing how gog literally uses the crack from pirated versions.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.