[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back to fighting games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: tekken7_sticks.jpg (129KB, 1020x583px) Image search: [Google]
tekken7_sticks.jpg
129KB, 1020x583px
I want to get back into fighting games after a rather long hiatus. (before that I only played MK9 anyway)

What PS4 games do you guys recommend?

Is SFV as bad as people say?

Should I get a fightstick?
>inb4 "a fightstick won't make you good"
It looks fun to learn I don't expect to be better at games because of it.
>>
Aren't Tekken players were predominantly pad players?
>>
>>377887243
Grab Tekken 7, it's right around the corner, and hopefully it'll be pretty big.
>>377887534
In the US we are, but that's a big reason Koreans mop the floor with us. I've been relearning on stick and personally find it more comfortable to execute combos.
>>
>>377887243
>PS4 Games
Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, KOF XIV, SFV, Injustice 2, MKX, Blazblue Central Fiction

>SFV
It had a shitty launch. Season 1 and Season 2 of SFV play very different at a high level, so I'm going to describe them for you quickly.
>Season 1
Way easier and more offensive oriented than most recent Street Fighter games. Some liked this, some didn't. On top of that, there were tons of little mistakes Capcom made that even the people who enjoyed the game disliked. Season 2 fixed a few of these problems.
>Season 2
Didn't fix enough from Season 1. Overnerfed some characters, while overbuffing others. Defensive options were made even worse to the point that the game kind of feels like anyone can just get lucky and bump into you and win the game. Balrog and Urien kill people in 3 guesses on a regular basis. Isn't really a fun game right now.

Season 2.5 hits in 6 days, and will hopefully make the game less dumb, but many people have their doubts. Capcom still ignoring some of the biggest problems with the game (Normals are bad, movespeed is too low, defense is too weak), but at least it won't be Season 2.

>Fightstick
If you want to use a fightstick, buy one. They won't make you better, but they're way more comfortable IMO.
>>
>>377889159
I legit own a Korean style stick. If you want to play Mishimas, you should get one, as they make doing EWGF way easier than on a Japanese stick, or pad.
>>
>>377887243
Depends on your type of fighter. Since you played a lot of mk9 injustice 2 might be right at home. Tekken 7 as mentioned seems promising. I'm personally waiting for MvC infinite, here's to believing it wont go to shit. Id skip street fighter V altogether
>>
>>377887243
I agree with everything this guy said >>377889463, pretty much.
Also, if you have a way to try out different games, you should do that to see what type of game you prefer at first.
You can also watch videos of people playing those games at tournaments and stuff, tutorials that explain game mechanics, etc. to help you get started and make a decision.
>>
>>377887243
Someone post fightstick tiers, I remember someone saying the obsidian was good and another stick, but I forgot which one that anon said, no it wasn't a hori kai
>>
>>377890031
As long as it has sanwa or hori buttons/lever it's fine.
>>
>>377889515
I just got myself a qanba obsidian. If anything I may try out an octagonal gate. It'll be weird though, I'm so used to the square gate.
>>
>>377889159
>that's a big reason Koreans mop the floor with us
No it's not.
>>
File: 1495373332924.webm (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495373332924.webm
2MB, 720x720px
>>377887243
>I only played MK9

Then just get Injustice 2. At least it's way fucking better than the shit that was MK9.
>>
File: 1495104498978.webm (2MB, 428x501px) Image search: [Google]
1495104498978.webm
2MB, 428x501px
>>377890585
wrong webm
>>
>>377889159
>Koreans get games 2-3 years earlier than the west
>"lol it's the controller!"

Really?
>>
>>377890321
>>377890839
okay okay my bad
>>
>>377887243
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Tekken 7, KoFXIV and Killer Instinct are the better fighting games right now. Take a pick and enjoy
>>
>>377887243
KOF14 and Injustice 2 are fun with Tekken and Guilty Gear coming out soon.

SF5 is good, and you can probably find it cheap now. It has a big patch coming out the 30th that will improve a lot of the online experience.

Get a stick. It's usefulness varies depending on game/character but it can help clean up sloppy inputs.
>>
>>377887243
PS4 sucks, play on PC
SFV is fucking terrible, don't buy it or support Capcom (MVCI is going to be dogshit too)
You don't need one but it might be right for you. If you buy one, don't get a cheap one and spend the money on a good one.
>>
Pokken ended up to actually be pretty good, but it's stuck on the WiiU, which is a con even if the online and scene is still active.

If it gets a switch port it might be worth checking out for you.
>>
>>377891068
>PS4 sucks, play on PC
>The only alive fighting game on PC is fucking terrible

What are you going on about
>>
File: tgWWBDN.jpg (607KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
tgWWBDN.jpg
607KB, 1334x750px
Should I buy Tekken 7 on PC or PS4? I can do either, but I tend to play games more on PC.
>>
>>377891292
But the best fighting game is PC only.
>>
>>377891449
You buy it on pc then go to locals and play on their ps4's, problem solved. Then you go to guy heaven and obtain your secret name moonman
>>
>>377891292
>fighting games are more alive on console than PC
neck yourself

Come June, PC will have GG Rev2, Tekken, and KOF14 in addition to SFV. The only thing it's missing is Injustice but NRS games aren't really "fighting games"
>>
>>377891449
For tekken 7 I would say ps4. PC fighting games typically die months down the line.
>>
>>377887243
guilty gear, naruto storm 4, xenoverse 2
>>
>>377891449
PC all the way. PS4 is 900p and likely to have awful load times and shit ass wifi connections in all the online.

>>377891757
>PC fighting games typically die months down the line.
This isn't true and especially won't be true for Tekken since it's the first proper PC release.
>>
>>377891642
GG and KOF can never stay alive on PC

http://steamcharts.com/app/222940
http://steamcharts.com/app/520440

The only game that might be able to stay alive is Tekken, but the game is already old as fuck and they're going preorder Jew on us. NRS games are fighting games just like Unga Bunga Gear is a fighting game. They're horribly flawed, but each iteration gets better overall instead of taking steps back.
>>
>>377891885
Post PSN numbers. Oh wait, they don't exist and they're just as "dead" or more dead.
>>
>>377891885
Those games do not have more players on console.
>>
File: 1490448958219.jpg (111KB, 633x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490448958219.jpg
111KB, 633x1000px
>>377887243
3D fighters like Tekken and soul calibur feel better with pad. If you really want to get a stick, it'll benefit you the most in 2D fighters like SF and GG. However it takes some time to get used to, so don't bother if you'll only be half hearted. Anyways, a good starter stick is the Hori rap4, it'll probably cost you around $150. Another alternative is the hitbox, which is what I use. The difference is that you have 4 buttons for the cardinal directions, which makes inputs like qcf and hcb a lot easier.
>>
>>377891854
Yeah, because it's so much better to play with scripters and keyboard macro queers who bind EWGF and other shit like iWS to their keys so execution becomes a non-factor.

If you want the best online, get it on PS4. If you want the best offline, get it on PC.
>>
>>377887243
MKXL plays nothing like and is nowhere near as good as MK9, a lot of the preexisting characters' movelists and toolsets got gutted so they could push their variations design. Added a bunch of shit from Injustice and really ruined the game. Story mode is still pretty solid if you care for that.

SFV is ass, the entire cast is homogenized to play the same and almost every defensive option has been gutted and removed to cater to casuals. The game is just a mindless aggression only no footsies, no spacing, no fundamentals fighting game where the victor is decided by who gorilla smashes the hardest.

Fight Sticks are a comfort thing, I prefer Street Fighter and most anime fighters on a stick, but prefer Marvel/MK/Tekken on a pad
>>
>>377895479
>MKXL plays nothing like and is nowhere near as good as MK9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J5DnDyUiGY
>>
>>377887243
Definitely Tekken 7 or SFV if you're looking to play people, alternatively Injustice 2 might be good if you're American. Regarding SFV's critique a lot of people bash it to an extreme unjustly, the biggest issues the game has is online play and load times, I'd advice you to wait a year or more if you want to play a version worth your money.
>>
>>377895898
Sounds like a hitbox issue.
MKXL has more input issues than it's predecessor so, not sure what you're trying to pull here
>>
>>377887243
Injustice 2 :^)
>>
>>377897470
>MKXL has more input issues than it's predecessor so

Factually untrue. MKX had bugs, but MKXL has very few problems.

>sounds like a hitbox issue
It isn't and it seems like most indepth explanations have been purged from the internet

https://testyourmight.com/threads/input-bug-first-results-of-a-computer-assisted-analysis.9048/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzkk01DtRE
>>
File: 1495547752235.webm (2MB, 1898x846px) Image search: [Google]
1495547752235.webm
2MB, 1898x846px
>>377897675
Why does no one want to recommend Injustice 2 to a MK9 player? It's one of the newer games he could easily adjust to.
>>
>>377897950
https://testyourmight.com/threads/are-you-having-trouble-with-inputs.50759/
https://testyourmight.com/threads/input-shortcuts-and-opinions.50078/

these are still problems with MKXL
especially having special inputs being eaten because you pressed a direction at anypoint after inputting the special
for ex

b3,3 xx d f 2 will get you combo into ice blast
b3,3 xx df 2 f will cancel your ice blast

also you have to make sure you go neutral before inputting the d f 2 for ice blast or else the special wont come out
>>
>>377898465
None of this has been actually tested. Seems like most are fucking up basic neutral position requirements.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.