[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which games with mechs have the best storyline? Was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Which games with mechs have the best storyline?

Was thinking of trying the Front Mission series.
>>
>>377882723
You would be hard pressed to find a better series.
>>
>>377882767
such as?
>>
>>377883451
I literally can't think of a better mech series for story.

All of the games in the front mission series link together but none of the character from each game every meet each other because it is different years, wars, and events. But prior events give way to thing in each. shits good. It's not your typical "One teenager pilots a god machine and aces the entire enemy force." type of thing. It's more military oriented. Think Ace Combats story but for mech.

Every other mech related game has shallow shit most of the time.
>>
>>377883451
that means there isn't a better series
>>
File: 1474292300776.jpg (55KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474292300776.jpg
55KB, 660x360px
>>377882723
I don't know if anyone will agree with me but I thought the story-line of the original lost planet really effectively blended western real robot and eastern super robot story design into a very satisfying result.
>>
>>377884095
It's alright. but the entire series goes to shit story wise at lp2.
Man. I loved LP. Why did they have to completely fucking kill it with 3.
>>
File: mellowlink.gif (2MB, 262x202px) Image search: [Google]
mellowlink.gif
2MB, 262x202px
>>377882723
The Front Mission series is really good, though the early games get a bit wonky when it comes to gameplay balance.
The original is super easy to break using some skills, but it's definitely still worth playing. Melee is also borderline worthless.

Gun Hazard is worth playing if you like side-scrolling shooters. It also has a surprisingly solid storyline, though the missions can get a tad repetetive.

Avoid Evolved at all costs. We don't talk about Evolved.
>>
>>377883705
which one should I start with?

also, how's Xenogears?
>>
>>377884460
The DS version of the original, ideally.
>>
>>377884460
1, maybe the DS port of 1. You don't have to play gun hazard since it is a side scroller that barely has anything to do with anything but it is still a ok game.
And
Alright. It is plagued with literally every 90's anime trope. including pointless religious symbolism because it looks cool to the Japanese.
>>
>>377882723
Play 4.
3 is good too.

Now that I think about it, I've never played 5 and later.
>>
>>377885003
Well, 5 is the last mainline entry.
The only game made after it was Evolved.
And Evolved was fucking garbage.
>>
File: Asuras-Wrath-REVIEW-015.jpg (1MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Asuras-Wrath-REVIEW-015.jpg
1MB, 3508x2480px
Is Asura's Wrath mecha? The characters are robotic and there are huge-ass spaceships and a giant humanoid robot fortress.

If so, then that. Literally cried at the DLC ending
>>
>>377884646

Is it possible to play it on a n3ds? I don't have the original ds anymore
>>
>>377882723
Not really mechs except for one granny in a ironman suit but Evolve's lore is one of the best in recent memory. Too bad the game is fucking dead.
>>
>>377882723
>Which games with mechs have the best storyline?

The original Heavy Gear. I love the cheesy 90s cut scenes in between the missions. It gets dark later on too, at one point you genocide a village. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY0sH4vn5lI
>>
>>377885534
Yes. Only a very select few ds games can't be played on a 3ds.
>>
Armored Core Silent Line

Its literally the best mecha game ever made.
>>
>>377884270
Yeah, LP2 pretty much writes NEVEC out of the story,

>>377884384
Evolved could have been so much better. fuck SE for ruining it

>>377886028
>Get past the 'Silent Line'
>go into the facility at its center
>it's another underground city like the one you freed everyone else from in AC3

That was kind of cool
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.