[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier Automata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 22

File: nierautomata.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nierautomata.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
Was this ending a cheap shot at feels or was it actually emotional and well thought out?
>>
As critical as I am on automata, some of the things they did with the credits bossfight was pretty creative.
Granted looking back, the whole game was just melodrama, so this didn't create some jarring contrast on an end note.
>>
>>377882205
Undertale did it first.
>>
>>377882205
I think the credits game is cheap on the basis that it wasn't justified in the actual story in any way. You could've put the exact same thing in any game and it would've made exactly as much sense and gave you the exact same emotion. It was cool but it was an idea in complete isolation.

Compare that to Bravely Default, which had a very similar idea, but as a part of the game's world and narrative. I think that carries more real weight.
>>
>>377882586
I love this post because you can say it about anything Nier: Automata gets praised for.
not only that but undertale did it better
>>
File: 1487981195554.png (55KB, 125x161px) Image search: [Google]
1487981195554.png
55KB, 125x161px
It's not really like the entire message is something worthy of note; "be kind to other people" is something that a kindergartner could inform you of, especially given how the game goes on about existential dribble and only barely capitalizes on it in the same manner as everything else - "oh, I've lost the single thing I've specifically hyper-specialized in, I think it's high time I just explode and fucking die." It seems more than the game was built around making its world consistent with its logic rather than its themes, and how it tried to intertwine the two isn't exactly something worthy of praise given how obvious most of it is.

It's more a semantics thing, if anything: deriving meaning from that sort of thing is different for every sort of idea, but I think that gameplay-wise, it capitalized on bringing you in the moment by sheer contrast of what you're expecting, which is a good way to make a player pay attention. Done well, it really binds the gap of how interactivity in a video game can really capitalize on the emotions, and that's where I think a lot of people connect how "deep" Nier when people are talking about it.

TL;DR (also synopsis): It wasn't deep at all, but it brought the player into being emotionally invested by how it suddenly threw them a bone as well as broke conventional standards set by other games as well as itself. I can't say that I'd praise it, but I respect it for at least trying, which is something I kind of say for Nier as well.

Then again, Nier had terrible everything save for segments of the story being interesting. Automata at least had passable - and I do say only passable - combat to at least make the game nice.
>>
>>377882586
>>377882920
fighting credits isn't something undertale invented, and undertale didn't have it related to the plot in anyway unlike nier
>>
>>377882205
>cheap shot at feels
It was the thematic conclusion of the entire game.
>>
>hear everyone and their deceased mother raving their ass off about ending E and it being a massive conclusion and something that truly elevates the story to a whole new level
>expect some worthy conclusion to all my questions and all the disappointing aspects of the story and characters
>get an out of place 4th wall break accompanied by a fucking internet browser-tier minigame that tries to send a message more than tell and conclude a story
>gets praised to hell and back
I got memed fucking hard by Tarofags. Many have said Automata is his best so I'm definitely not even trying the other ones.
At least the music was good and there was one 10 minute boss iín those 35 hours of game time that was worth it.
>>
>>377883281
but it had nothing to do with the plot

no context is given for why fighting the credits leads to a happy ending
>>
File: 1362610274006.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1362610274006.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>377883370
Considering that the game leaned far more on its thematics than the actual narrative I don't see that as a particularly bad thing.
>>
>>377883281
The ending or the credits game? The ending yes, but the credits game just spells it out in text and thematically it doesn't really jive.

The credits game is about struggling against something because there's a clearly defined goal. That's not in line with the theme of the game.
>>
>>377883135
we're not saying undertale invented it, we're saying it did it first
besides, people are always saying nier automata invented it
>>
>>377883487
>we're not saying undertale invented it, we're saying it did it first
wat
>>
File: 1492262751797.png (103KB, 293x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492262751797.png
103KB, 293x256px
>>377882205
>thought it was cool seeing other people help you
>go to /v/
>I'M CRYING BROS GOTAYAYTAYA
>>
File: hajimesmile.png (95KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
hajimesmile.png
95KB, 400x225px
>>377883487
>we're not saying undertale invented it, we're saying it did it first
>>
>>377883487
Melee did it light years ahead of undermeme. And probably someone did it before melee as well
>>
>>377883539
>>377883591
IN RELATIVE TO AUTOMATA, AS IN BEFORE AUTOMATA DID IT
AUTOMATA DID IT AFTER, 'LATER'
UNDERTALE DID IT BEFORE, 'FIRST'
WORK ON YOUR FUCKING READING COMPREHENSION YOU MOUTHBREATHING RETARDS
>>
>>377882920
>you could hack your enemy's inventory and kill them in undertale

Okay
>>
>>377883487
>>377883135
ever notice how nobody values a game based on some measure of quality, but rather a pissing contest of "who did it first" and some "unique" distinction? Not every game is going to push the medium forward to new heights. A well made game can still be a well made game.
>>
>>377883457
>That's not in line with the theme of the game
I don't see how when the overarching theme of the game is finding things that have meaning to you and fighting for them in the face of the ultimate meaningless of existence. The first words spoken in the game are 2B's ruminations on the cycle of suffering and if she would ever kill those who inflict it upon her, which is exactly what happens in E's credit sequence.
>>
>>377883826
except people don't praise the hacking in nier automata
>>
>>377883768
You need to take a trip on the "calm down nigga" bus
>>
>>377882920
Undertale had horrible pacing and it was way too preachy. The combat was shit too. The character designs were absolute trash and the writing was preschool tier. Nothing about that game was good and the emotional impact it had was that of a wet noodle.
>>
>>377883957
I thought it was cool
>>
>>377884202
Okay, just here me out.
I'm not just saying this, I'm actually being honest with you.
But everything you just said then to describe undertale, describes nier automata perfectly.

I mean come on it's no coincidence Taro wanted to play Undertale.
>>
>>377884385
Why are you so obsessed with comparing Undertale to Nier dude. I think I've seen you for over 2 months now. Think you need to move on.
>>
>>377883946
That's not what I get out of the game at all. Fighting for things never works out for anyone, in the end everyone's fighting for whatever reason and it turns out to be pointless or self-destructive. A2 fights machines until she basically realizes they aren't all bad, 2B fights to do her job to ultimately no end, 9S fights for revenge and nearly ruins everything, Pascal starts fighting and immediately his entire world falls apart. The machine network exists solely to fight pointlessly up until the point where they say fuck it and find a different purpose.

The point of the game, which it spells out for you, is that it's okay if something's meaningless, because you find your own meaning. The credit game isn't meaningless because there's a clear goal and supporting each other to get to the clear goal isn't anything like making your own meaning.

2B's (very literal) cycle of suffering is also resolved in a different ironic way that has nothing to do with the credits sequence. And don't start with meta gayness about how you're killing the names of the developers who are like the god she's talking about, the payoff for that (which is far more in line with the themes I just described) is that their god is the supposed humans on the moon. So the answer is no, going back to the pointless fighting thing.
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (44KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
44KB, 610x343px
>Undertale was the first game you fought the credits
>>
>>377884385
Stop posting, go play NieR (the first one, not Automata), then play Vanquish, then come back.
>>
>>377883370
I always thought that it was a reference to 2B 's quote in which she said that she hoped for an opportunity to kill the gods who continue the cycle of suffering, but I might've been overthinking it.
>>
>>377884473
This is the first time talking about undertale in months pham.
I don't know why I even bother though because there's nothing I can really do to prove it, guess I'll just have to depend on you to take my word for it.
>>
>Anons arguing whether story was deep or trash.
>"Yea I enjoyed playing through the game, but now that I think back it was a 6/10 at best."
>One retard trying his hardest to talk about tumblrtale
Yup this is a nier thread alright.
>>
>>377884509
>fighting the credits
>Not just blasting them out of the sky.
Smash, KI;U.
>>
ITT: Retards who didn't pass english.

When someone says X did something first when someone else is talking about Y doing something, it means they're saying X did it before Y, not that X fucking invented it.
>>
>>377883768
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/first?s=t
>>
>>377884821
Why are you wasting your samefagging on that minuscule point that is objectively wrong?
>>
>>377882205
both
>>
>>377883370
>no context is given for why fighting the credits leads to a happy ending
it would make sense for people who actually love taro games. the idea is that the fans wanted a happy ending, and taro made one, but it would require the player to fight against everyone who made the game to obtain that happy ending. it encapsulates the meaningless goal dilemma 9S has: what's the point of doing something that has no logical point? you do it because you feel like it matters (emotionally) even though it doesn't make sense that you want fake, non existent characters to be happy. also, taro loves fucking the players over with "final bosses"
>>
>>377884930
>two kids walk to school
>"let's race"
>they run
>kid 1 gets there before kid 2
>"haha I win I got here first"
>"UMMM? NO? THERE WERE KIDS HERE BEFORE YOU GOT HERE!
This is you.
>>
>>377884821
No, first means first, as in before anything else, not second last.

Normal people would say "X did it before Y" or "X already did it," not make shit up like you.
>>
>>377884807
>likes nier
>thinks undertale is trash
didn't expect a nier fan to say taro has shit taste
>>
>>377885139
why is taro getting his dick sucked like fuck nowadays?

most guys here haven't even fucking played the OG NieR's and Drakengard's and they praise taro as some sort of godlike neo-kojima
>>
File: stroke.png (30KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
stroke.png
30KB, 360x360px
>>377885141
>literally arguing with the dictionary
>>
>>377885203
you can apply "first" to narrow situations you know
originally it was between undertale and automata, with only these two in the picture, one must have done it before the other, therefore it can be considered "first"
one was first between the two

fucking american education
>>
>>377885239
Nice reading comprehension you have there. Try reading aloud what I said 10 times and maybe you'll learn how to english in your next post.

Also it is completely legitimate to think a creator has shit tastes. Just because Bill Nye became a sjw cuck doesn't make his past shows any worse.
>>
File: 1485815749601.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1485815749601.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
reminder that you can't win against automatafags
>>
>>377885249
the japanese have a term for when losers become inexplicably popular for no reason. this is what is happening to him in the industry. as for the fandom, it's all about the memes. he hit the jackpot with memes. you might think it's a joke, but i'm quite serious.
>>
>>377885482
>say something stupid
>people call you out on it
>REEEEE FUCKING TAROKEKS UNDERTALE NIGGERS
>>
>>377885418
nah I just find it a bit funny that one person implies nier automata is great and then calls undertale tumblr
outside of presentation both games are very similar and I'd assume nierfags would like undertale
oh nevermind what I said, I'll join the echochamber too
lmao tumblrtale xD
>>
>>377885407
>originally it was between undertale and automata
Show me in the op where he mentioned undertale. He blatantly stated "shittertale did it first" in those exact words.
>>
File: Its-chad-warden-here.png (157KB, 301x307px) Image search: [Google]
Its-chad-warden-here.png
157KB, 301x307px
>>377885482
>that one anon that literally said automata has the greatest soundtrack of any medium ever
what the fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
>>377884385
you're a fuckin shallow worthless human being with a dull light inside your head, you're not perceptive and the fact that you think you think you're even qualified to compare apples to oranges is the saddest joke I've heard in ages.

end it anon.
>>
>>377885593
>Heh if you exclude 90% of games the two game's are basically identical
And you didn't even read what I said last post did you? Do you know how to hold a conversation? Just start a blog if you're gonna block out any other noise other than your own breathing.
>>
>>377885637
anon came and said "undertale did it first"
in the context of undertale and automata, yes you can say "undertale did it first"
>>
>>377885139
That kind of meta gayness isn't conducive to the theme, which is about finding meaning, not doing things because you feel like it. Doing things because you feel like it ends up with double impalement and autistic screeching. Meanwhile getting the good ending is a point, and you're not finding it because the developers made it for you. A big part of the themes are about futile struggles that end poorly, but the credits game rewards that struggle.
>>
>>377882205
Did you like the game? Then is was emotional and well thought out.
Did you hate the game? Then it was a cheap shot.
>>
File: 1469945504746.png (13KB, 150x222px) Image search: [Google]
1469945504746.png
13KB, 150x222px
Make your own opinion, OP?
>>
>>377885924
I liked the game but didn't think of the credits much, what does that make me?
>>
>>377885857
But that context didn't exist before that post. If I brought up Skyrim right now, you wouldn't consider that "in context", would you?
>>
>it really is 2-3 anons who keep shitting on the game

Now I can see why people wouldn't like it, which is perfectly A-OK, it has quite a number of flaws. But shitposting about a game daily for fucking months is some intense autism.
>>
File: 14880234023498.jpg (70KB, 539x660px) Image search: [Google]
14880234023498.jpg
70KB, 539x660px
>>377885835
>criticize any other game
>"hey fuck you, man"
>criticize automata
>"YOU'RE A FUCKING SHALLOW WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING WITH A DULL LIGHT INSIDE YOUR HEAD, END YOUR LIFE"
>>
>>377885857
And I'm saying he shouldn't have said that since it's not true. You can't expect others to follow your shitty context when it's not even based on right information.
>>
File: happy.jpg (282KB, 1587x1199px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
282KB, 1587x1199px
>>377886085
It's not a perfect game, but if you expected perfect you didn't know the dev that well.
>>
>>377886085
No, he's a shitty excuse of a human because of the way he wastes the first half of his post to make sure everyone knows how beta he is before making his shitty point.
>>
>>377886085
If /v/ is one person, then by definition /v/ must be you as well. You can't fool me, faggot.
>>
What the fuck, why is fucking Undertale being compared to an AAA game ITT?
>>
>>377885891
>A big part of the themes are about futile struggles that end poorly, but the credits game rewards that struggle.
you are equating fighting with struggle. all fights are a kind of struggle, but every struggle is not a fight. the way that the yorha approached the struggle to live was flawed, but not every struggle to find meaning failed. dying by no means automatically makes every effort you made a failure. finding meaning is something A2 and 2B accomplished. if you decided you wanted to see a happy ending you accomplish it by not giving up and seeing ending E to its end, even though in reality it is meaningless, it has a value in it that is meant to be "personal" despite being shared by many
>>
>>377886549
What, you don't compare endings of hollywood movies to high school drama class projects?
>>
File: what the fuck man.jpg (192KB, 837x670px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck man.jpg
192KB, 837x670px
Is it the most emotional thing ever? I don't think so. Do I think it was pretty hype when the chorus kicked in and everybody who played the game was cheering me on? Yeah.

I wouldn't know man, I just like video games.
>>
>>377882586
never played undertale. tell me how it went?
>>377882205
tried to do this offline for weeks because internet was shit then finally able to ask for help, then the choir kicks in i'll admit i was weeping inside
>>
Just finished Automata today, I felt like the ending E was kind of unsatisfying, like there should have been more there but there wasn't. And it's not that I'm not used to Yoko Taro's style, I played Drakengard, Drakengard 3, and the first Nier. I thought that last battle, where you had other players helping you, and the sacrificing of your data to help others was cool, but I just felt it was a little lacking there at the end. Everything else was pretty awesome though.
>>
File: 1245637235.png (225KB, 344x407px) Image search: [Google]
1245637235.png
225KB, 344x407px
>>377885835
>Undertale had horrible pacing
So did Automata, are you implying having the second third of the game just be the first third again before going onto the final third good pacing?
>and it was way too preachy.
Straight out of the gates they already pull the predictable "the machines nindu nuffin" card, 2 hours in and they already do the "enemies act human and wail in grief while the game gives you no choice but to kill them" cliche, it happens in the apartment complex ruins before you fight Adam
>The combat was shit too.
Once again, just like Nier Automata. Now Platinum for the most part makes damn good combat, some of the best I've played. But Automata unfortunately has relatively shallow combat not just for Platinum standards but for any action fighting game standards (yes I know it's an rpg first and foremost). And the worst part is, this repetitive, shallow combat has to carry a 40 hour game, Platinum games are only around 10 hours that's because they're aware these type of games are best in short doses.
>The character designs were absolute trash and the writing was preschool tier.
Check and check, thanfully 9S actually became a character I was invested in by the end of route B until the end but 2B? Oh please, you're really going to call her a well written character?
Personality of cardboard. And the story really felt run of the mill season anime, hate to break it to you. If you enjoyed then that's fine, more power to you for being easily impressed, ignorance is bliss, just don't act like a genius when you get it.

I've played both games, blind and completed them quickly so the character development doesn't wear off so the ending moments can impact me, and they both succeeded in that, undertale's overall sense of euphoria with the true final boss felt grand and watching 9S go nuclear was a spectacle.
I can see you were offended by what I said so I just thought I'd clear that up.
Catch your breath, count to ten and have a glass of hot water.
>>
>>377886938
no cool final boss
>>
>>377886598
I really don't agree with the premises of your argument. I don't think a happy ending is meaningless, I understand the story of the game but that's not applicable to the credits sequence, and I'm pretty sure I fundamentally disagree with you on what the point of the game was. Fighting an impossible game because I was told I'd get a happy ending is more like chasing big theological answers that end in disaster throughout the game than the more personal meaning that the game is really about.
>>
>>377887045
fucking this, I was anticipating the girls in red with the voice to be the final boss, it was building up well.
However, I can see Yoko intentionally making them NOT the final boss after building them up to be some big bad.
>>
>>377887021
>the machines nindu nuffin
haha, what? the machines won and only keep the opposition as a plaything/resource. or are you referencing something else?
>>
File: queen bitch.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
queen bitch.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>377887045
more like no asshole final boss
>>
>>377882920
not porn
and no Im a furry and Undertale porn is shit
goatmom isnt even that attractive
>>
File: 3954375893475.jpg (9KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
3954375893475.jpg
9KB, 280x210px
>>377882205
I thought it was pretty touching, especially when I learned the chorus singing in the background is actually all of the devs.
I had no regrets giving up my save file then and there.
>>
>>377887021
>Pacing
>Skyrim has shit pacing with slow ass start and the unskippable blades section that nobody liked playing.

>Preachy
>Muh stormcocks vs impericucks forced moral dilemma

>Combat
>Find me one person that claims skyrim combat was good.

>Writing and character design
>Shitty looking NPCs sharing same faces every 5 people. 10 lines of dialogue shared between every non-essential character.

Wow its like undertale nier and skyrim are EXACT SAME GAMES WOWWWW
>>
>>377887426
Who the fuck in this thread was talking about skyrim? I wasn't the guy who brought up undertale anyway,
You're acting like a sperg, stop.
>>
>>377886076
I'm complaining about the game a lot because I just beat it and while I liked it, it could've been so much better. I'm disappointed and frustrated and I want to talk about it.
>>
File: 1276543124321.gif (299KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1276543124321.gif
299KB, 500x373px
>>377887546
>Complaining about random game brought in to the discussion
>From a guy comparing undertale and automata
Like poetry
>>
>>377887801
undertale was already part of the conversation, you literally just started discussing skyrim yourself
fuck off
>>
>>377882205

The ending was suppose to teach you that no matter how much of a fucking dumb idiot you are, you can be like Taro who is a hack.

First you have to CLEAN YOUR ROOM
Second you have to SORT YOUR LIFE OUT
>>
>>377887863
>undertale was already part of the conversation
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you're actually this stupid. Undertale had absolutely nothing to do with automata and some random retard mentioned it so now "it was part of the original conversation?" That's literally what that skyrim guy was shitposting about.
>>
>>377887174
>I don't think a happy ending is meaningless, I understand the story of the game but that's not applicable to the credits sequence
i don't understand the last part of your statement, so i'll respond to this. why do you think the ending sequence keeps asking if you think games are silly or meaningless? did you notice that 9S and A2 are in a constant spiral of negative emotion because their reason for living (yorha) is or has been fake the whole time? did you not see that there is a parallel to their struggle to find a happy ending and players struggling to get to ending E with no idea what ending E is or what obstacles stood in the way?

ending E is "meaningless" if you look at it through 9S standpoint. how upset was he when he found out that humanity was non existant? that he struggled for something that wasn't real? they were already dead, that's the end of it. the players themselves are being manipulated by the writers to feel compelled to do something for people that aren't real as well. same boat, different magnitude.
>>
I just finished this game and deleted all save data since I thought it was funny. I saw endings D and E (I don't know what C is, I'll check it shortly).

It was a little bit more optimistic than other endings, so I'm glad I did see the ending E.

>>377886938
the other players helpers (which I joined I guess) was very neat. It's just I would rather see some longer cutscenes that wouldn't be that vague

Overall I loved the game, even if it had problems, like pretty shit bosses. Only the final boss felt like it's a proper bossfight yet there was no emotional connection to it or even cool things to do during the fight.
>>
>>377888127
>it was part of the original conversation?
well it was the third post and it's what a lot of people are discussing so yes, it's a conversation.
There wasn't a conversation before that post because it was just one guy no-one's responded to and the fucking OP, there was no "conversation" prior to that undertale guy, yes there was a conversation starter, but no actual conversing happening yet.
>>
>>377882205

A cheapshot at feels definitely. It doesn't even make any actual sense, it's just an appeal to the most vanilla kind of "u r not alone xD" feelsy shit ever. I rolled my eyes when I got to this part. Such a shitshow when compared to the same moment in the first one.
>>
>>377888359
and now skyrim is part of the conversation just as much as undertale is. you don't get to choose which games you get to compare
>>
>>377882205
it was tacked on and had nothing to do with the rest of the game at all, so yes
>>
>>377888623
you're the only person talking about skyrim
>>
>>377888718
No, you are too since you engaged with the other anon. Unless you're willing to admit that a particular title isn't actually relevant to the thread if the only discussion surrounding it is whether or not it's relevant to the thread.
>>
>>377888718
what of it? is there some kind of requirement that wasn't met? don't derail a thread with meta. discuss the topic, or if you're upset, just ignore the thread.
>>
>>377884202
>Undertale had horrible pacing and it was way too preachy. The combat was shit too. The character designs were absolute trash and the writing was preschool tier. Nothing about that game was good and the emotional impact it had was that of a wet noodle.
literally automata
>>
is undertale really that bad?
how does it compare to nier automata?
i haven't played undertale so I don't get all this. looks very uninteresting
>>
File: 1491077628343.jpg (109KB, 599x489px) Image search: [Google]
1491077628343.jpg
109KB, 599x489px
>>377882205
I wouldn't call it a cheap shot for feelz given all the elements involved with the ending. Seeing a side character attempt an epilogue kamikaze mission to save the protagonists from their shitty fates alone is a pretty good concept

Adding in wishes/banter from other players across the entire planet, a chorus recorded from the developers themselves cheering you to kill them for your happy ending, and the eventual assistance from those who altruistically deleted all of their data just to give some stranger one more chance at a better ending makes it even more memorable
>>
>>377882586
Please don't compare this weeb tripe to Undertale.
>>
File: sadna.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sadna.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>377889040
finally some sense on /v/
>>
>>377889040
did I have a lesser experience? I had no chorus nor did I see any whishes/banter.
>>
>>377889968
if you die during ending E several times, it will ask if you want to give up. during that time you'll see messages in the background. the more you fail, the more you will see messages from other players
>>
>>377890209
I just clicked that I don't want to give up, I didn't notice the inspirational talk and once I was offered help I accepted it immediately.
>>
File: 9Sjak.png (25KB, 298x297px) Image search: [Google]
9Sjak.png
25KB, 298x297px
>>377882205
>Near end of Route C
>Jimmies are shattered
>Reveal that 2B was 2E
>Go for 9S ending
>Watch him die in the most pathetic manner
>Reveal that he put up with all this shit because he was lonely and he saw 2B as family
>Break down into tears for the first time over a video game
>Take an hour long break to calm down
>Start the game again, go for ending C
>It's shit
>Suddenly credits are cut
>Pod 042 says fuck this shit, we are getting a good ending
>Agree with him and so does 153
>Square Enix part, their taunts only make my jimmies harder
>Recieve offer of help, i accept
>Chorus starts
>They live
>Jimmies are back to pristine condition
>Look outside my window
>There's a shape in the clouds
>It's Marauder Shields
>I salute him
>He salutes back and he disappears
>I feel good.

Long story short, Best ending ever, GOTY 2017
>>
>>377890360
you rushed it, too bad. chorus kicks in as soon as the help surrounds you. you can probably watch some yt recordings of it.
>>
>>377883103
>"be kind to other people" is something that a kindergartner could inform you of

Japs are robots, that is a concept alien to them. Nigger Tomata is a jap game, you do the math.
>>
It absolutely wasn't cheap, it was convoluted in a good way but not something that you come for when you think "cheap". Making lovers die on the day of their wedding is cheap (even if it works), this wasn't.

Personally it was the only part of the game (aside from 2B's all, commander and 2a's thighs) that i really liked but it's very loosely connected to the game even if it
kinda fits it.

As a sidenote it's an interesting case study: does something so abrupt influence your overall impression of the game?

>>377882586
Okay I'm just reaching here as I haven't managed to beat undertale in two years but you probably do something with the power of friendship of the characters that you meet along the way? Well, I don't want to do anything with the power of obnoxious quirky meme retards, I would much rather go for abstract "people".

But seriously, fuck the undertale characters cow lady at the beginning was pretty fun though.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494917533761.jpg (9KB, 231x350px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494917533761.jpg
9KB, 231x350px
>>377882869
Exactly.
If you were fighting against the remains of the twins it would have made more sense.
>>
>>377890681
i swear i took help and heard no chorus
>>
>>377882920
but anon Nier came before undertale
>>
>>377890631
literally my morning. I almost cried when pod 042 refused to delete their data because he developed emotion and caring for them
>>
>>377890731
we're talking about automata
>>
>>377890876
automata re-uses the "but the people you're killing are good people too" thing that Nier had, and that undertale is praised for
>>
Tfw i cracked it so it took me 8 tries til I understood that I needed internet to win.
I went pretty far tho, but since I didn't beat it i was left disappointed.
>>
I never played when playing a video game, is that normal ?
>>
File: 1450080740151.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450080740151.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>Pod 042 to Pod 153: Personal data deletion request denied
>>
Of course, right on cue, now that Nier Automata is popular and critically acclaimed, /v/ has to hate it because it's popular.
>>
It's a
>lel every game is so much worse then undertale episode
>>
>>377891021
you can use cheat engine if you want to just finish it. i was fine with watching it on youtube.

made it to like halfway through bandi namco level. shit just gets impossible
>>
>>377892912
When you thin about it, the true ending being accessible only if you have access to internet is pretty dumb.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.