[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did it deserve the praise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 22

File: zelda botw.jpg (209KB, 604x886px) Image search: [Google]
zelda botw.jpg
209KB, 604x886px
>>
Yep

/thread
>>
It has it's problems, but yes.
>>
Yeh.

inb4 someone comes in and calls us shills.
>>
File: 271590_20161019033722_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271590_20161019033722_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Yes
>>
>>377871874
>>
>>377871874
It did some things really well, it's a good game at it's core too so I would say yes, some stuff had already been done before tho and some zelda aspects weren't as good, so I wouldn't say it's a perfect game by any means, step in the right direction for sure.
>>
>>377872260
>>377872457
>>377872585
>>377872593
Sorry but you fags can't honestly be saying that this game deserves the 10s it got.
Its a 6 to 7 MAX.
>>
>>377871874
No
>>
>>377872994
> Praise = only the 10/10s

No wonder you guys get pissed, you think we're worshipping it when we're just giving a thumbs up.
>>
It is the quintessential 9/10 game.
>>
>>377872994
>it's a 6 or 7 MAX
Based on what, your ass?

It's a 9, MINIMUM. I said it, so that means I'm right.
>>
>>377872994
Oh! we talking about the 10s? no not at all then, no game deserves a ten, and certainly not one with that second phase final boss.
>>
>tfw no real dungeons, just shit tier divine beasts that have nothing but lame as fuck puzzles.
This game would be 10/10 if it had real dungeons that you could enter without a loading screen
>>
>>377871874
Yes. Nintendo took the open world meme and said fuck it to every single conventional gameplay style that has already existed, along with refining it. Now all they need to do is fill it a bit better, add more unique encounters and enemies and they will have the perfect open world on their hands. I only played Witcher 3 last year, so it was fresh on my mind. The ability to properly traverse your environment in BOTW was amazing and really made Witcher 3 seem limited.
>>
>>377872994

>caring about scores

Grow a backbone faggot, the game feels fresh and somehow different compared to the other open world games, the combat is satisfying, the interaction with the world is awesome, it doesn't hold your hand, even with the best gear and full hearts you still get killed pretty fast.

I was never hyped for the game, it looked cool but after Nintendo doing their faggotshit porting it to the Switch and most likely neglecting the WiiU version I thought it would be another Twilight princess, with some parts being good and others being completely awful and forgettable, then I played it, and damn, fucking game blew me away.
>>
>>377871874
>Metacritic removed all of the negative reviews
>only a 84 in term of fan votes

No it clearly isn't as good as official reviewers say it is. That is a big difference from the 97 they gave it and the mid 80's fans are giving it.
>>
>>377872260
This. Deserved all the praise and more.
>>
>>377873648
>removed all the negative reviews
I just looked and found several threes and a zero on the first page. Negative scores have a larger impact on score than positive scores. So 90 scores could be 10 and ten scores 0. Those ten scores would bring it down quite a bit.
>>
it really needed a not so minimalistic sountrack in the field.
and more bosses
>>
>>377871874
It's better in pro mode.
>>
It does exploration really well, but everything else is fairly average.
>>
>>377873545

>my opinion is fact

How about no. You can like it, that's your perogative, but you can't force others to like it.

I hate it because it's way too cinematic for my tastes.
>>
>>377873648
>removed all the negative reviews

lul, look at this retard

There are still hundreds of mad sonybro reviews, m8.

Gotta love how half of these are BOTW 0 and HZD 10.
>>
>>377874096
woah, you got shit taste
>>
>>377873648
>Trusting user scores for BOTW
Let's cut the fanboyism and analyze this objectively. A fairly significant portion of the user scores were trolls rating the game a 0/10. I don't care if you liked BOTW, there is no argument to justify it getting a 0. Removing the junk scores gives it a 9+ rating, which is probably what it deserves.
>>
>>377874096

>BotW
>cinematic

Look, I don't give a fuck if you like it or not, you were the one replying to me, if you want to spread your shit tastes all over the internet go ahead I won't stop you, but if you reply to someone with that "hurr durr you can't be serious" faggotry don't expect a nice response.
>>
>>377874096
This is like the least cinematic 3d zelda to date tho, do you not like 3d zeldas at all?
>>
by gods no.
>FOUR dungeons that felt more like disconnected shrine puzzles then actual dungeons
>NINE HUNDRED SEEDS that are impossible to find all of them without a guide
>120 shrine puzzles most of whom are forgettable while things like the star puzzle and the blue flame ones were the only ones i liked and really remembered
>open world
>next to all of the voice acting is pisspoor only the german dub is really any good
>the rain
>climbing in the rain
>the fact that there is fucking NOTHING to counter the slipping while climbing in the rain
>most of the characters were pretty forgetable
>wolf link companion and his amiibo plus the fact there is nothing else like it unless you bought an overpriced piece of plastic
>everything including the neat champion weapons break if you stare at it for more then seven seconds
>even worse is there is no item shops that sell race related weapons
>boss fights like waterblight were easier then the minotaur you had to beat on a mountain to get 20 shock arrows needed to advance to the divine beast itself
overall id give it a 7.5 out of 10
>>
>>377874245
>>377874338
>>377874384

At what point should I ever tolerate a game running at a silky smooth (tm) 30 FPS?

>b-but it's open world

Not an argument. Sacrifice anything you have to in order to make it run smoothly. This slideshow presentation is barely worthy of my time, let alone any game awards. Then again, sites like gamespot and IGN love cinematic experiences, so it's fitting that they like this "game".
>>
>>377873648

>Several 0s and 1s from haters, fans who are disappointed, and Sony fans who are insecure about it stealing the spotlight from Horizon Zero Dawn
>Scores that would normally be given to unplayable games like Big Rigs and no sane reviewer would give it a rating anywhere close to that low.

How dense are you to compare critic reviews to reviews anyone can give? All those red scores are obviously going to significantly lower the average score.
>>
>>377874318
Yet OoT still has a 9.2 despite getting far more attention over the years as it's sat pretty at #1 overall.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>377874491
Should have specified what the heck you meant by cinematic then, how about saying the frame rate is shit? that's a valid complain.
>>
>>377874096
What do you mean by too cinematic? I've played BOTW 100+ hours and have watched maybe an hour of cutscenes. That's a pretty damn good gameplay to movie ratio.
>>
>>377871874
Its just as bad as any other open world game that gets high scores
>>
>>377874548
Maybe hype culture wasn't a thing then and going back to give an old game a bad score si too much even for the most autistic fan?
>>
>>377874548
Makes me think about what? BOTW had a coordinated attack from butthurt sonyfags and trolls right at its release. Such an attack never happened to OoT.
>>
>look at 10 random BotW 10/10 user reviews
>for all of them it's their only review
>>
>>377874619
see>>377874491

>>377874593

In 2017 there will never be a reason for a game to run at 30 FPS. It is laziness on part of developers. Also

>more gameplay = good

Wrong. Amount of gameplay means nothing when the quality is abysmal. And since every game journalist liked it, that means it's not good in the slightest.
>>
>>377874548

The game came out nearly 20 years ago, people are petty, but they're not that petty to go review it when it's not even a recent release and it's not competing with anything else coming out on other systems.
>>
Kind of. I agreed with Angry Joe its a 9/10 its really remarkable but has serious flaws.

For being so great though the discussion s about it sure died out fast.
>>
>>377874940
I never said the amount of gameplay mattered, just that your definition of "cinematic" was weird.

I do think games should be games first and stories second and specially in the case of 3d zeldas it was getting ridiculous, but that's beside the point.
>>
>>377871874
I think it was good. Not a 10, but a solid 8 or 9. I wish the dungeons didn't blow.
>>
Pretty much yeah. The biggest issues are technical, and for me personally, not deal breaking enough to skip or buy a Switch (They could totally be by some peoples tastes though).
Gameplay issues exist but I feel like certain shortcoming are regularly overstates.

There's limited weapon types and enemies, but the AI has a ton of variety which causes emergent gameplay situations very frequently which picks up a lot of the slack (more wouldn't hurt), Link also has a ton of different ways to approach each fight in this game.
>Bringing the ball to the spiral beach center
>Drop it to fight some moblins
>They grab it and throw it at me
>It falls into the water
>They try to get it out and drown
>Just fucking stasis golf it to the center when the moblins are dead

>Fighting a Hinox
>Has two wood ankleguard, I have no fire
>Two fire keese attack
>Lead them into his ankleguards
>They burn away, he is hopping up and down because his feet are hot (He has a whole fucking animation for this)
>Get him in the eye because he's vulnerable

>Yiga clan try to assassinate me
>Pops into Guardian's field of view
>Rip Yiga

>Fighting a Stone Talus
>It's night, skelly and keese appear
>Jump off the talus, shoot the keese in slomo, and bait the talus into killing the skeletons

There's also the complaint of no items, which I think is incorrect as well. They aren't traditional Zelda items by any means, but those wouldn't have worked in the game.
You have the starter "items" in your Sheikah Slate abilities. But it's not like there's no progression from this point forward. There's a ton of armor, not all of it has "item" functions, but stuff like the Zora set, Thunder Helm, and monster disguises certainly do. There's the 4 champion abilities which are a HUGE gamechanger each time (Urbosa's arguably too much so, AMAZING decision to let us turn those off, that could have hurt the game majorly for me). And then there's temporary items like the elemental rods and swords, boomerangs, etc.
>>
>>377874965
Saying the game has flaws is a fair opinion. What do you mean the discussion has died out? The game has been out for almost three months, yet still has multiple threads on 4chan at any given time. Also, mainstream gaming news sites continue to produce articles/promote game guides to this day. What other recent game has maintained widespread discussion for so long? inb4 Persona, nowhere besides autistics places like /v/ still talk about it, and even most current /v/ Persona threads are just waifu bait.
>>
>>377875234

The issue is that they didn't put the gameplay first this time. A REAL contender for a 10/10 GOTY recommendation would've done the following:

>60 FPS, no sacrifices in performance at all
>no voice acting
>downgrade in graphics. No light effects, no filters, no bloom, no grass. Nothing but the absolute essentials. If it looks like a Ps2 game afterward, so be it. Let the graphics kiddies jerk off to the Witcher series if they want their fix
>no DLC ever. If extra content is announced, it comes for free and is automatically given out the second it finishes. This includes all amiibo content, hard mode, cave of trials, and costumes
>no cutscenes ever. That means the memories stop existing, Zelda stops existing, every NPC stops existing except for Link and Ganon and any enemies you directly fight. Emphasize what made the original zelda so good, minus the distracting NPCs
>fix the weapon system so it's less forgiving. No more drops, you get a set amount and if you don't use them carefully, you instantly die and lose all your progress. Essentially give it the roguelike treatment.
>no saving unless it's extremely far between. Make a save point so rare that it acts as it's own haven. Also, cooldowns on save points so you can't spam quicksaves like this was Fallout or Skyrim
>enemies need far better AI, all of them need to one shot you, not just late game enemies, Ganon needs to literally be unkillable until you've beaten every single storyline boss
>the game must be so difficult that it makes every casual on earth rip their hair out
>NO FILLER or fetch quests. That means the korok seeds go right in the garbage, and you're never allowed an extension to your inventory space. You make due with what you got.

Only then would I consider this a 10/10.
>>
Loved it. Might be my new favorite game of all time.

It's not perfect, but the best thing I can say about the game is that very few things annoyed me. Instead of having glaring flaws, there's a bunch of places in the game where I wish they had done more or expanded certain ideas. It's made me very excited for a sequel, when I've been dreading for a decade now over how they're going to fuck the next Zelda game up.

Fujibayashi completely redeemed himself from Skyward Sword.
>>
i wouldn't mind metroid following this game's path, while adding the elements that made metroid distinct of course
>>
>>377875794

That sounds like shit.
>>
>>377875794
you're a fag
>>
>>377871874
10 out of 10 praise? No.
It is great game though, but the fact the only proper dungeon in the game was Hyrule castle was disappointing. I understand why though.
They did succeed in giving the player a reason to explore the world though, depending on how much stuff you want to hold and if you wish to upgrade your armor or find new sets
>>
>>377875794
Honestly can't imagine why anyone would hate Korok seeds unless they're a 100% complation autist in which case I would never listen to their opinion anyway.

Sure there's a fuckload just under a rock on a hill. But there's also like 900 in the game. There's several hundred fun korok puzzles in the world.
>>
>>377876242

Also, not liking the YAHAHA!
>>
>>377875794
I can't tell if this is bait, but you are a weird fucker regardless. You essentially want a no frills N64 Dark Souls game with 10 times the difficulty for a modern system. Such a game would never be made, and you are the only person who would give such a game 10/10.
>>
>>377876242

But what point is there to them if they just casualize the game further? See, Zelda made the exact same mistake as every single open world game ever made: there's no reason to explore at all if you don't want to make the game easier. For someone who wants a challenge, you have to rush right to Ganon and hope that you don't accidentally sneeze on a guardian, which rips out a chunk of his health.
>>
Not at all.
I bought it and a switch because of muh gerudo link boipussy and feel ripped off.
>>
File: STOP.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>377876116
>>377876203
>>377876242
>>377876350
S T O P
T
O
P

YOU ARE ARGUING WITH A KNOWN SHITPOSTER. You are arguing with someone who has Histrionic Personality Disorder. He will never, ever accept anyone else's arguments or opinions, and will simply deflect if proven wrong in any capacity. The only thing he cares about is attention, which you are giving him right now. All you have to do is not respond to him, because you will gain nothing from trying to reason with him. Trust me on this. He is mentally ill.
>>
>>377876105
I think Metroid would need more gating.

BotW worked without it because there was just such a joy to discovery and there's a whole inventory and weapon system, but I can't imagine a Metroid game without critical power-ups.
>>
>>377876352
>Casualize the game further
Having a limited inventory was never meant to be a central mechanic. If it bothers you that much, don't turn them in. I didn't because I went into Kakariko a weird way the first time, left and came in via fast travel after that for like 70-80 hours. Then I started upgrading my inventory. Still like doing korok seed for the first 70-80 hours, and until I ended at 140
>>
>>377876461

>not giving him attention until he blows up

And you just ruined it.
>>
>>377876352
Because the point of BOTW is to explore and complete an interactive world. The game was never meant to be a git gud combat challenge. If that's what you want, play Dark Souls with increased difficulty mods.
>>
>>377876350

What's wrong with an N64 Dark Souls game with alot of difficulty? If you took out the dozens of flaws and stupid game mechanics, that sounds like a fantastic game.

>b-but it wouldn't be popular
Yeah, tons of games aren't popular. Does that mean they're bad? Was every WiiU game instantly garbage because the WiiU wasn't as popular as the other consoles?

>>377876528

Here's the problem with that: sure I can just ignore the part where I turn them in, but then the korok seeds just become filler quests and junk cluttering my inventory screen. It would be the equivalent of finding a white rupee when you haven't even upgraded to the adult wallet, or getting an upgrade to your stick holding capacity when you're an adult.
>>
>>377876242
I dont believe there is 900 in the game, I just maxed my weapon stash and Bow stash , and im sitting at 330 with change so far. I guessing there is 400 to 450
>>
>>377876815
There's 900, specifically so that you can max out your inventory capacity after finding a little less than half.

The point is that you shouldn't feel the need to collect all of them.
>>
>>377876461
I'm 99% sure you are the original shitposter, who is double posting to get more replies.
>>
>>377876919

All I'm asking for is a sort of hardmode that doesn't require me endlessly gimping myself AND one I don't have to pay 20 dollars for.
>>
>>377871874
it's not a perfect game, but yes
>>
Yeah, every time I boot it up I plan to play for only a few minutes and I get drawn in it's amazing. Being on summer break from college is nice because I can invest some time into it now.
>>
>>377876968
Fine, believe whatever you want. Don't blame me when you've wasted 2 hours getting a shitpost thread to bump limit because of one guy. Protip: You'll know it's him because he "reddit spaces" after his quotes. You know what I mean.
>>
>>377874436
Climbing in the rain is a nice mechanic and makes sense and you don't have to beat the Lynel to get the shock arrows, i think the quest giver even says its a bad idea fighting it, just sneak and take the arrows.
>>
>>377877063
Why even pay for the one that's coming? it's just tedious mode if anything, not really hard.

Zelda hasn't been hard since the nes, at least this one s harder than the other 3d zeldas.
>>
>>377876731
Stop shitposting. You are embarrassing yourself at this point. I'm convinced not even you are enough of a faggot to want a game that's simply an unconquerable hallway of enemies with shit graphics.
>>
>>377873384
>"tfw no dungeons, just dungeons

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>377872260
fpbp
>>
>>377877237
>graphics are more important than gameplay
>enemies shouldn't be hard

See why I shake my head when I see game journalists give this game unanimous praise, but then they go and talk about how video games shouldn't be hard because it "promotes toxic masculinity"? Very coincidental.
>>
File: 648.png (833KB, 1200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
648.png
833KB, 1200x2400px
>>377871874

Yeah, it was alright.
>>
>>377872260
my negro
>>
>>377877170
>Extreme defensiveness
>Saying I am wasting my time, when you are also sitting around shitposting
>Using the phrase "pro tip" to describe Reddit fags
Now I'm 100 percent you were the original shitposter. inb4 you post a (You) screenshot, everyone knows how to use phoneposting, etc. to manipulate 4chan detections.
>>
>>377874436
>race-related weapons
You can activate search for race weapons on your sheikah slate. In the zora domain you can easily get a zora shield, sword, long sword, a bow and even a lance very easily if you activate search on them.
>>
>>377877179
Or just get shock arrows from treasure chests, other enemies, or shops. I had at least 50 non-lynel shock arrows before starting that quest.
>>
>>377876919
I have maxed out my weapon stash and bow stash. The bow stash does not reach the final row. Assuming the shield stash also has such a limitation, there can be at max, 400 to 450, 500 if you can max shield stash the same as the sword. Unless i missed another korok guy that can expand your food stash, which does have a limit, there cant be more than the amounts i posted, and im trying to collect them all, so i will post a screenshot of the result

I have collect mats from every monster type, have all the mats from food to monsters, and the consumables seemingly have no limit to space.
>>
>>377877339
Shitpost
Shitpost
Shitpost
Shitpost
Shitpost

Am I doing it right?
Also, why the Hell are you bringing up cuck journalists? Gameplay is not exclusively defined by frame rates and a game having insane difficulty. Dark Souls is not the only game worth playing.
>>
>>377877856
You don't need to find all of them to max everything out. You don't spend 451 of the Korok seeds.

Have fun.
>>
>>377871874

Sitting at 110 shrines and the flaws are coming out to me now, but its nothing that can't be refined or polished.

> Not enough unique enemies -- could be solved if the put in iron knuckles or something you have to seriously sword fight
> Wonky starting difficulty that doesn't ease you into the game well once you are past the plateau, causing you to get one hit by everything until you get shrines / decent armor
> Rito (and to a lesser extent goron) area kind of half baked, and their beast dungeons aren't quite as interesting as the gerudo and zora ones
> could have had a little more developed plot and character development -- I know its not the main focus of the game this time but that little bit of extra effort would make the game really pop. Mostly because of...
> shit voice acting
> More varied combat shrines -- I liked fighting the guardians but its the same fight over and over. A couple more different types would of worked a lot better
> More involved side quests that aren't fetch quests

Still a great game but in a few months I don't think it will be seen as the GOAT game of all GOATS anymore.
>>
>>377874096
>ACfag
>>
>>377876919
also there is no need to collect them all. stuff like that is there for completionists
>>
>>377877989

>Also, why the Hell are you bringing up cuck journalists?
I bring them up because I want to know why their opinions suddenly matter. If you brought up how, oh say, Uncharted had rave reviews, then you'd be laughed out of /v/ for relying on those braindead slobs. But now it's suddenly imperative that we totally trust gamespot and IGN and kotaku? If you want to sing the praises of this game, don't hinge your argument on morons who think that games shouldn't have a hard mode. I'm just saying.

>Gameplay is not exclusively defined by frame rates and a game having insane difficulty
No, but a 60 dollar game touted as the greatest game of all time better sure as hell have these features.
>>
>>377878049
i will
>>
>>377878151

Two other random things

> Graphics and graphic style is amazing, but what the hell is up with that moon? It looks like a shitty .png
> WHERES MY FUCKING HOOKSHOT NINTENDO
>>
>>377878151
with free dlc for voive acting, it should be specified which version is terrible, though the only bad voices were Rhoam and Zelda in the engilsh dub
>>
>>377878469
>WHERES MY FUCKING HOOKSHOT NINTENDO

why do you need a hookshot in a game that is 90% open plains and also gives you the ability to climb literally any surface?
>>
>>377878469
hook shot would render climbing pointless, which as a big chunk of the game's exploration mechanic. Besides. Revali's gale is a nice substitute, even with the time limit
>>
>>377878584

Because I'm an irrational baby who loves hookshots.

> Be 8 years old
> Watching war of the worlds
> Ask daddy why the heroes can't just hookshot up to the alien tripods and kill them that way
>>
>>377871874
Not really. it had nice gameplay mechanics but the same default as any open world.
Dungeon were mediocre
Too many easy Shrine.
The game is unable to make you give a shit about the story and how can you take ganon being a huge menace seriously when the dungeon bosses are easier than random mobs ?
Hit detection, dodge feel off on Wii U.
>>
>>377878734
what was the answer?
>>
>>377878568

English Zelda and Rhoam basically. I know Rhoam is only one scene and the power refresh but Zelda being bad is the biggest offender.
>>
>>377876418
You bought a switch so you could pop a boner. If you feel ripped off, that's on you, man.
>>
>>377878779

He just said HYAHHH a whole bunch and threw a boomerang in my face.
>>
>>377878943
I mean I guess I got what I paid for.

I feel ripped off because the game was just fanservice, but not enough?

I want DoA Extreme with link.
>>
>>377871874
Overhyped and overrated? Yes. Is it still good? Yes.
>>
>>377878943
This post has a perfect mix of subtle humor and refreshing rationality. Why can't more /v/ posts be like this?
>>
>>377879054
I know you are either retarded or a shitposter, but I will engage you for fun. What could have possibly led you to believe BOTW would be a homoerotic beach volleyball montage?
>>
>>377879025
And you didn't catch the boomerang? He was imparting a life lesson upon you.
>>
>>377879473
I didn't believe it would be. I knew it would be regular zelda with link in his gerudo outfit, but I was hoping nintendo would add a few more things in along that line as well.

I'm not really upset, just a bit disappointed they didn't go as far as they could.
>>
>>377879473
not that anon, nut link running around in underpants. will have water drip off his body, and the ability to send shit flying with a stick or a spring loaded hammer might have done it
>>
>>377871874
No. worst 3d zelda after skyward sword. There is no reward for exploration, no real dungeons, no progression combat sucks and weapons break too fast.
>>
>>377871874
I haven't played it, but I'll give it an 8/10.
>>
Beat it on CEMU just now.

6.5-7/10. It is a solid Ubisoft clone.
>>
>>377874436
> He still has trouble with rain

Revali's Gale, upgraded climbing gear, and max stamina. 5x Endura Carrot food too if I need it. I can climb anything, rain or no rain.
>>
>>377877856
>The bow stash does not reach the final row.

One bow slot is locked so you can pick up the Bow of Light without getting the 'your inventory is full!' message.

The Master Sword has a reserved spot too.
>>
>>377872260
True, but you're a huge tool for using /thread on your own post
>>
>>377882250

>I entrust you with the Bow of Asspull-a powerful tool in convincing critics this game as a 10/10 story
>>
>>377882938
But Zelda always does something like that.
>>
>>377882938
>he's never played a Zelda game before
>>
>>377871874

7/10. 9/10 if you really like open world exploration and only exploration because the rewards are garbage.
>>
>>377883921
The difference being the bitch didn't forget to give Link the Light Arrows in Ocarina of Time, plunging her kingdom into ruin for 100 years.
>>
>>377884418
She didn't get her powers until after Link went into a coma.
>>
File: 1433979115695.jpg (207KB, 683x851px) Image search: [Google]
1433979115695.jpg
207KB, 683x851px
>>377884201
I guess I'm not autisic enough to enjoy the game. Played through it without seeing a recurring character more than twice. Fan favorites like Kass only showed up on the occasional tower to give me a busywork quest for unlocking shrines.

If they're all tied to side quest chains, that would explain it. The rewards simply aren't worth the effort. I also can't be motivated to give a shit about playing with random npc dogs to do tricks for you and stalking characters for says just to follow them around and observe their habit quirks.
>>
It's actually a good game, not sure why so many idiots hate it, then there's always the .. holy fuck i forgot the name of the game.. something horizon shill shitposting
>>
File: 1424896306779.jpg (495KB, 1399x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1424896306779.jpg
495KB, 1399x1600px
>>377884985
>not sure why so many idiots hate it
>>
File: crop.jpg (107KB, 612x592px) Image search: [Google]
crop.jpg
107KB, 612x592px
>>377871874
Considering how absurd the praise has been, no. The game has too many flaws and shortcomings to be "the best game of all time", or even "the best Zelda". I enjoyed aspects of it but overall I found it to be disappointing. I fell for the hype once again.

Link is cute though.
>>
File: 1489030038615.png (107KB, 973x357px) Image search: [Google]
1489030038615.png
107KB, 973x357px
>/v/ bitches for years about how modern Zeldas are too linear
>Nintendo makes a Zelda only beaten in open-worldness by the original
>"wtf this is nothing like the originals OoT or WW!"
>>
>Every review scores it based on having "so much to do"

>Shrines
>Fetch quests
>???
>>
The lead up to this game is really hilarious in retrospect
>"Look at that map! I bet there's gonna be a dungeon in every region!"
>leaks come out, only 4 dungeons
>"Y-yeah, but I bet they'll be massive Hyrule Field sized dungeons!"
>gameplay footage comes out, dungeons look really small
>"Those are just the mandatory story dungeons, there will also be optional massive dungeons hidden in the overworld! You'll just have to find them!"
>game comes out, no such thing.
>>
>>377885662
>This fallacy again
Shrines are a reward. You do all kinds of things to get to them. You may as well complain that all you do in Metroid is find pick-ups.

Seriously I know you fags haven't played the game, but no other game gets the same complaints that are this frequent or this stupid.
>>
>arrow shop
>only has like 20 arrows for sale at a time

That's like if a gun store only had 3 magazines for a single gun for sale
>>
>>377873540
>Now all they need to do is
A 10/10 would not need more additions.
>>
>>377886096
No, orbs are the reward.

Shrines are more busy work you do after doing busy work.

The proper analogy is Metroid if all you did was collect coins needed to buy heart and missile tanks.
>>
>>377886262
if you think puzzles are busywork in a zelda game why would you ever play one? for the second-rate combat?
>>
>>377886096
>Metroid
>about 10-15 hours if you're slow
>BotW
>about 110-120 hours if you're slow

Not really the same thing
>>
File: 1ce.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1ce.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>377873540
>he ability to properly traverse your environment in BOTW was amazing and really made Witcher 3 seem limited.

iirc, Roach did not have to be registed and summoned at inconveniently placed world nodes, and also did not have to be within eyesight to summon him.

He also could handle shallow hills without flipping the fuck out and being worthless.

If Geralt used a paraglider, BOTW would would have absolutely nothing to offer.
>>
>>377873648
You know the average of 10 + 0 is 5, right? Are you fucking brain dead?
>>
>>377886262
A huge portion of the shrines are blessing or combat shrines placed in interesting locations you have to solve unique challenges to get to, like rolling the snow boulder down the correct path or going through a pitch black forest or everyone's favorite Eventide Island.

And none of it's busywork because it's literally all optional, it's content that's completely at your discretion.

It's exactly like finding optional missile tanks in Metroid and nobody ever complains about exploring not being rewarding enough because that'd be completely retarded.
>>
>>377886080
I think that the playerbase from 20 years ago would appreciate having a lot of big dungeons. But this is 2017: casual tier combats, quicksave and small dungeons.
>>
it's a high 7 in my eyes. Weapon durability and stamina aren't fun to me.
>>
>>377886578
>implying any other Zelda has more difficult combat or better puzzles in general
>>
File: 16_01_2017-21_45_05.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
16_01_2017-21_45_05.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Who cares? Mario Odyssey is going to cuck the shit out of it for GOTY regardless.
>>
>>377878568
The great deku tree sounds like a 13 year old trying to do a deep voice.
>>
>>377886712
>>implying any other Zelda has more difficult combat
Zelda II
>>
File: just_notfair.png (260KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
just_notfair.png
260KB, 600x338px
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
Delicious canon Zelda feet
>>
>>377886947
Nope
>>
>>377886485
>And none of it's busywork because it's literally all optional

The fuck are you on about? Busywork has nothing to do with whether it's mandatory or not. Most open world games are full of busywork and the majority of it is "optional", it's still repetitive simplistic tedium.
>>
File: 1492985031465.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492985031465.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>377886947
It was easier than Zelda 1 lmao
>>
>>377873384
Hyrule castle.
You haven't played it, have you
>>
>>377887192
And yet was still more challenging than BotW
>>
>>377887097
If it's optional you can just not do it so it isn't busywork. It's only busywork if you're obligated to do it, like if it's necessary to complete the game.

Triforce Charts and Sky Temple Keys are busywork. Doing optional content because you want to do it is not.
>>
>>377887275
Stay delusional faggot
>>
>>377875794
>60 FPS
meme. 60 FPS is only necessary for games where inputs need to be frame accurate like fighting or multiplayer shooters
>no voice acting
just needs better voice acting and the option to skip or disable it for autists like yourself
>no DLC
agreed but has nothing to do with the score the game gets on launch
>no cutscenes
you can skip them, an option to disable them might be alright
>no saving
this isn't a roguelike and not every game is made better by being Dark Souls. This just reeks of babby's first attempt at thinking about game design.
>enemies need better AI, more damage
just need more varied enemies. Give them all patterns that play off each other. Doesn't need to be complicated or intelligent, just have enough variety in simple behaviors between enemy types that encounters play out differently based on the composition of a group of enemies
>Ganon unkillable until you beat storyline boss
fuck no. The best part about BotW is that it lets you go and finish the game as soon as you start getting bored
>game must be super difficult
baby played Dark Souls and thinks he understands game design.
>no filler or fetch quests
the entire game is filler except for the plateau and ganon's castle anon.
>>
>>377874096
>cinematic
You can skip literally ALL of the cutscenes in the game completely
>>
>>377871874

Very good game, but I get pretty bored in long sessions.

On its own merits, I say a strong 8

Compared to SS: 100/10
>>
>>377873264
>I said it, so that means I'm right.
>>
File: 1433979115692.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1433979115692.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
I'd give it a 7.8. Anything well done but repetitive to point of a mundane fault generally deserves that much.

It'll probably end up in the high 80s once Mario comes out and lands perfect 10s from every paid-off pissant around.
>>
I think it's the best zelda since n64 and definitely one of the best games of all time. And with all that said I still don't think it lived up to the bullshit praise it got.
>>
File: 1494149419444.jpg (362KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494149419444.jpg
362KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: 1433979115635.jpg (58KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1433979115635.jpg
58KB, 640x628px
>ok, i get it, gotta upgrade armor
>great, alright, all that backtracking and fetchquesting, 3 star cold gear. feelin' good!

>time for a lava zone. better stockpile elixirs faggot! kek

my challenge to whoever says botw has a good progression system
>>
>>377888908
BotW lacks classic progression and dungeons that defined Zelda. You can bet this will be fixed in the sequel that comes out in about 4 years.
>>
>>377884418
you got the arrows of light after Ganondorf fucked over Hyrule castle, the royal family, all the sages except Rauru, the Great Deku tree, half of Zora's Domain, Death Mountain Twice, and so on. Zelda has never been really helpful before the fact.
>>
>>377886451
Horse didnt have to be within eyesight either, just within earshot
>>
>>377888908
You only need to elixirs to get to goron town, which you can then buy the fire proof armor. You also get the Ruto armor before you actually need it, if you have enough rupees. No quests involved. Your move.
>>
>>377871874
Nah, no Zelda game has ever deserved all the praise it has received.
>>
File: Zelda series is redpilled.jpg (2MB, 1164x3712px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda series is redpilled.jpg
2MB, 1164x3712px
>>
>>377890582
And to think people still claim Jap devs aren't the best
>>
>>377871874
No, it's a Nintendo game. Nintenbro games don't deserve praise. Who the hell wants to play stupid Japanese children's games?
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.