[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keystone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: WD9ULyq[1].jpg (199KB, 1196x616px) Image search: [Google]
WD9ULyq[1].jpg
199KB, 1196x616px
Okay, so what the fuck is this? New competitive FPS from Warframe devs that was announced today or something? There's virtually zero info on it.

I signed up for the alpha when I check my account later, and apparently I already have access? I downloaded the client and it says the first test is one the 26th.

So they made a game, announced it to no fanfare, and with zero hype or excitement, they open it to testing in 3 days?

AM I literally the only one on /v/?
>>
File: 1494466832484.png (118KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494466832484.png
118KB, 657x527px
Please respond.

There is nothing about this game online. I know warframe is popular with you degenerates.
>>
What makes you think that anyone else knows what it is?
>>
File: Untitled.png (54KB, 627x701px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
54KB, 627x701px
>http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2017/05/digital-extremes-announces-keystone

Shit was LITERALLY just mentioned today, on the publisher's website. It only involves the announcement, the new website, and a download for the art pack.

>a competitive first-person shooter with a distinct blend of first-person action and deck-building strategies
There you go. It's basically Paladins. In fact, it sounds entirely like Paladins, except that you could play Paladins right now.

Also, your ability to use basic Google search features is exceptionally poor, if you could not find any articles about the game anywhere.

Here's one more bump for your thread, advertiser-chan.
>>
>>377860390
Warframe is really popular on /v/

>
Shit was LITERALLY just mentioned today, on the publisher's website. It only involves the announcement, the new website, and a download for the art pack.
They did a tiny announcment on there site that's it. Plus I just downloaded the client and the test starts firday.

>Also, your ability to use basic Google search features is exceptionally poor, if you could not find any articles about the game anywhere.
Literally every "story" is like 3 paragraphs of fluff about the announcement

There's zero info besides that.

I'm just wondering if anyone else got in. The download page has a link to forums for the game that leads nowhere.
>>
Yup. Saw it posted on twitter. Signed up. Got in.
Just will have to wait and see when the closed alpha starts on Friday.
>>
I saw it
I signed up
But there's fuck all else to talk about
That art is not attractive tbqhdesu
>>
>>377863324
Did you play Warframe really early or something? Because I did and got in immediately, I didn't refer anyone or anything.
>>
>>377863409
>That art is not attractive
the art is the only part that has my interest. All this talk about cards and deck building makes me wary, fuck that.
>>
>Keystone was in development in 2014
>Guardians of the Galaxy first movie was released in 2014
>Keystone on closed alpha in 2017
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was released five fucking days ago

I don't think this is coincidental.
>>
>>377863803
Only other info I can find says this was leaked in 2015.

Remember when some redditor literally walked into DE and just acted like an employee and no one noticed? That was like 2015 and apparently he found out about this at the time.
>>
>>377863993
It was also that time when Warframe patch activity dwindled a bit. I guess they know where that manpower went to now.
>>
>>377863672
>All this talk about cards and deck building makes me wary
Propably allows for more customization of heroes than Overwatch
>>
It's from the same company that makes Warframe, Digital extremes.

Expect good fundamental gameplay, excellent aesthetics, and fun lore, held back and snuffed out by nonexistent balance, a stilted development cycle, and the neverending release of unfinished content that doesn't get looked at again for years.

So, shit. Fun shit but shit.
>>
File: 1473522894275.jpg (397KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1473522894275.jpg
397KB, 2715x1527px
>>377858445
>Warframe devs
>>
>>377864429
So Paladins? Unless the deck-building concept is directly tied to your basic attacks and abilities like Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. I would actually play this game if it is similar to the Chain of Memories card system.

In a nutshell:
>even basic attacks are based on cards
>there are skill cards and cards that inflict status effects
>decks need to be assembled before the game
>decks need to be reloaded after using all the cards

>>377864509
Also grind. Don't forget the grind.
>>
>>377864429
>>377865047
No, I think it is something like Chain of Memories.

>Players in Keystone will travel through a 1970s-themed "multiverse" represented by a virtual game board, using unique decks of cards that confer special bonuses, powers, and weapons. "With timing and resourcefulness, personally customized decks give players the upper hand in battle both individually and when strategically coupled with teammates' decks," the studio said.

Makes it sound like some weird board-game crap.
>>
>>377865773
And then the grind kicks in and you get really fucked up with the cards you own.

I can already imagine the frustration.
>>
File: 1453202465281.jpg (49KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
1453202465281.jpg
49KB, 400x438px
>New competitive FPS from Warframe devs

Couldn't have made that sound any worse.
>>
>>377865047
I honestly don't think the grind is a bad part of the game, yes it's a steep grind but Warframe is one of the few f2p games where you can get all but 1% of content (and it's just cosmetic anyway) for free if you know what you're doing.

Thing is, to know what you're doing you basically have to pore through essays worth of fan guides because DE doesn't tell you how to play their fucking game because they are staffed by orangutans.
>>
>>377865773
>weird board-game crap
This kills the interest
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.