[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing through all the Persona games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
Since 5 was the first JRPG to get me interested in the genre, I decided to play through the rest of the Persona series.
Is that a good idea?
Should I start with the first one or go right to 3, which seems to be talked about a lot more than 1&2.
>>
1 and 2 were awful games, but 2 had a good story. 3 was unforgivably repetitive with a great atmosphere. 4 was lighter than 3, but had great gameplay outside of the shotty dungeons. Honestly, you should check out something like the Raidou games or even SMT IV if you're new to the genre and want pure fun.
>>
Persona 5 is the only nu-persona game I like desu.
P3 yoy can't control your party members and half the slinks are shit
P4 narrative writing tone cast etc is awful. But the gameplay is decent I guess.
P1 is a dungeon crawler and although slow it's nice
P2 combat is more or less the same but the writing is great

Play a real sheen megumee tennisball game though. Like nocturne or strange journy.

IV is the best starting place imo. Check the starter guide on /smtg/
>>
>>377855083
1 on the PS1 has horrible horrible localization, incredibly high random encounter rate but a good story
1 on the PSP has a good localization, halved the encounter rate when compared to the original release and an horrible redone soundtrack, get a modded ISO that replaces the new OST for the old one if you want to keep your sanity as you play it

2 has great characters, great story but its a duology, and the first game on the PS1 was never localized, the second was though
2 was re released on the PSP, with better gameplay but a bit of censorship (Hitler is now just Fuher and has sick shades), but because of poor sales only the first of the duology was localized
So now you must play the upgraded PSP version of Persona 2 - 1 and the outdated PS1 version of Persona 2 - 2
Good story, decent gameplay for its time, dont expect much to be honest

Persona 3 is when the series started to use the whole life sym along with the RPG parts, its like P5, but its the roots of this whole idea, so expect some jank
PSP port lets you direct control your party (like in P4 and 5) but removes the cutscenes and 3D walk around the real world for VN like segments, main dungeon crawling gameplay is left untouched

P4 fixed the gameplay failures of 3 and gave it the flare you probably got used to on Persona games by playing 5, P4G is the definitive version, get a vita for it, its worth it
>>
>>377856140
P4G only adds the worst character in all of persona. Are you joking/baiting some poor anon to get a ded console for marie? No anon if you have to play P4 just emulate it.

>>377856080
Forgot to mention P3P is the best way to play P3. Don't listen to faggots saying P3FES is. The answer is a waste of time also. I had a nice bit of fun on P3P. ALOT more then P3FES
>>
File: SMT game starter guide.png (3MB, 1600x4491px) Image search: [Google]
SMT game starter guide.png
3MB, 1600x4491px
>>377856502
Meant to post this sorry. Trying to delete a post takes forever.
>>
File: 1469487826290.png (228KB, 462x392px) Image search: [Google]
1469487826290.png
228KB, 462x392px
>>377856140
>for the old one
Not all tracks, it's missing a bunch since Meguro halved the soundtrack too and now shit like town that should have like 3 or 4 different tracks now only has one, Let Butterflies Spread Until The Dawn.
>P1
>114 tracks
>P1 Portable
>43 tracks
>>
File: (long, sustained yelling).png (278KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
(long, sustained yelling).png
278KB, 500x356px
>>377857230
Ops, P1P has 67. Looked into the wrong folder.
>SEBEC/Disk 1: 31
>SQQ/Disk 2: 36
Still mad though, specially for no option to change between OST
>>
>>377857373
probably because of the shitty UMD space
>>
>>377855392
>1 and 2 were awful games
Stopped reading there
>>
>>377857487
They had no problem doing that with P2 ISP and EPP.
>>
>>377855083
Persona 3 first is the easiest choice, you will love that game head over heel as a new comer to the series

but since you played 5, just start with 4 and try 2 remade
>>
>>377856140
Dude, persona 1 PS halved the encounter rate and upped EXP. PSP version is the same as the Japanese release.
>>
>>377857827
and PS1 also removed Snow Queen Quest because why not?
>>
>>377857889
Because they had a team of 4 people and a Jack Frost to translate and edit the game and literally couldn't finish it in time
>>
>>377856502
P4G ads ultimate personas, more scenarios with Slinks, more 2 Slinks (even though marrie sucks) extra dungeons, extra bosses, more difficulty modes (both harder and easier), tons of extra content stuff like the P4channel where you can unlock character designs and concept art and Persona Live concerts footage, you also get the online help if you want to use it and its on a fucking portable so you can play while taking a shit or comfy as fuck in your bed

P4G is the definitive version of the game, stop being salty that its on a console you down own
Also, how come you can bash on P4G for being worthless when praising P3P that while it ads the female MC, removes a shit load of content from the game
>>
>>377857487
UMDs were 1.8GB large, P1P didnt had the full P1 soundtrack because Soji felt like his new smaller soundtrack was way better, even commenting on how much fun he had doing it
>>
>>377856502
You're a fucking idiot. FES is the best version of 3 and 3P is a gimped port. And P4G is 4 but better.
>>
File: devilsummoner.jpg (109KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
devilsummoner.jpg
109KB, 581x800px
>>377858203
So they were working on both Persona 1 AND SMT Devil Summoner 1(before cancelling it)? What the fuck
>>
>>377858241
Simple my man
I can now control my party members. The combat in P3 is slow as hell. Nocturne and DDS combat was fast. But since P3 has to go through like 5 animations it takes forever

>MC shoots himself
>persona coming out of him animation
>Persona doing the move animation
>The spell animation
>the enemy getting hit animation

This would not be SO bad but I can only control the MC so its really really fucking boring. And half the slinks are kinda shit. But so are MOST of the P4 slinks so whatever.

>>377858470
Its not worth getting a fucking vita though like the other anon said.
>>
>>377858623
I timed it once, and it took, in P3FES, 11 seconds so you can do another input. While watching your team mates fuck up.
>>
>>377858623
Vitas are cheap as fuck now and you can hack them to be able to emulate almost anything weaker than a PS1 on it, P4G is worth getting a vita
>>
>>377858623
If you have one it's not a problem. And even if you don't, get a TV. The fusion system alone makes it superior to OG 4.
>>
>>377858794
>$160

Maybe you are right.
Is it to late to hack mine if its updated to the latest firmware?
>>
>>377855083
Don't be a pussy and play all of them. The remakes for PSP are the best versions. Play Persona 4 Golden if you have a Vita or Vita TV.
>>
>>377855392
The Raidou games aren't good
>>
>>377858381
Meguro seriously needs to neck himself, his last great work was Catherine and P5 was barely good

SJ's OST sucks too
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.