[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Age Origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (176KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
176KB, 300x424px
What is so great about this game? I don't see it.
>>
>>377847587
It's a really good game but Dragon Age 2 is better.
>>
>>377847587
>I don't see it

that's because it's one of the most overrated games of the last decade
>>
i hate dao now. suddenly da2 and dai is better.
>>
>>377847587
it's babbys first IE game
>>
Party banter
>>
>>377847587
It was never more than mediocre to good.
>>
>>377847587
stop making this thread every day.
>>
>>377848501
Stop spending time on a stupid image board every day.
>>
>>377847587
it is 7/10 good but not great.
>>
It's boring as shit. Even a realm of magic and intrigue like the mindscape in the mages tower is boring as shit.
>>
The only call to fame that DAO has is that it made classic CRPG possible in third person. Now if they could remake Planescape/Fallout 1/2 and put them in third person...
>>
>>377847820
>IE game
What?
>>
>>377848945
if you did not get any entertainment from this game, I wonder which game could bestow upon you. I m not fan I wrote 7/10 post above. My favorite rpg series witcher btw. but dao is fun. better than shityrim.
>>
>>377849174
He means you should put on your big boy pants and play BG2.
>>
Back in the day it was a first decent cRPG-esque fantasy RPG in ages. People were HUNGRY for that kind of stuff.
Plus, it was not terribly written by videogame standards of that time, and it did focus a lot on that whole "companion/friendship/relationship" aspect that was not new to RPG games, but in the context of the genre moving to 3D and going full voiced and shit was still a pretty novel idea - at least in western RPGs.

While I know it's probably not what really happened, to me it felt like it took a few pointers from TW1 (which at the time was one of my favorite western RPG's) and combined those with some pointers from IE games and I was pretty happy with that. Non-voiced protagonist, large world, fairly fun magic and decent characters and writing really sucked me in at the time, made me feel joy that I had not felt since playing Baldur or Icewind Games, while making me care almost as much about the characters as Witcher did.

I have to say, the game did not age well though. And I'm not talking about graphics or mechanics or even U.I.: it's just that everything l liked about it, I liked because it reminded me of something else that I actually liked better. Playing it again a few years ago, and the painfully generic art and story and world-building and the fairly dull combat mechanics and restrictions on character building yet oddly stilted and stiff presentation just did not feel well again.

I think of DA:O as the game that was solid for it's time, did not feel lazy like later Bioware games, but kinda just tied me over till TW2 revived the witcher franchise will games like Original Sin and Pillars quelched my thirst for cRPG's.
>>
it came out when people were starving for a big crpg
while it has a shitload of faults (GARBAGE itemization, primitive character building, mediocre writing), it had a genuine feel of a grand adventure, different origins were fairly immersive and the game certainly had a fairly good atmosphere
it's also probably my favourite game to play as an evil asshole mage in, backstabbing, making deals with demons, extending your own lifespan via blood magic, fucking a tsundere witch, desecrating the ashes of local Jesus, meddling with politics, the game has it all
>>
It was pretty neat when it came out. But it's aged like shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.