[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Yooka-Laylee kill any possible interest in Banjo-Threeie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: BanjoKazooieTooie2.png (566KB, 797x838px) Image search: [Google]
BanjoKazooieTooie2.png
566KB, 797x838px
Did Yooka-Laylee kill any possible interest in Banjo-Threeie?
>>
the people who made banjo made yooka laylee, therefore banjo 3 would just be made by newfags with the banjo name slapped on it
>>
It only made me interested to see how they would handle a sequel to Yooka Laylee and how they would change/improve it.
>>
Banjo-Threeie would have been fucked either way, because the current Rare barely has any of their original devs.
>>
>>377845517
No, NuRare did.
>>
I remember when someone people (myself included) thought Rare would show off Banjo 3 at one E3, but they instead went with Sea of Thieves

Good times
>>
>>377845839
>therefore banjo 3 would just be made by newfags with the banjo name slapped on it
Their attempt cant be any worse than yooka
>>
>>377847219
yooka laylee might not be great, but its still better than anything rareware has put out lately
>>
That died when most of Rare left, and the people who didn't were stuck making Kinect garbage.
>>
>>377845839

>the people who made banjo made yooka laylee

A handful of OGs and a bunch of interns who were children when Banjo came out made Banjo?
>>
Another banjo would sell well but flop on reviews
Platforming collectathons are dead
>>
>>377845839
In all fairness, they lacked the main director behind the series. An orchestra without their conductor.

Of course said director is responsible for N&B being what it is, so take that as you will.
>>
>>377847545
They haven't put out anything lately
>>
It's Nintendo's fault.
If Nintendo didn't fudge the Sony deal, the N64 would have done better and Nintendo would have been more willing to purchase Rare. That, or the increased N64 install base would have allowed Rare to stay afloat on their own for longer.
>>
>>377847219
>can't be any worse
Fuck off shitposter
>>
>>377847956
relatively speaking, more people from old rare are at playtonic than rare
>>
Severely damaged it.

I'll never not be mad about the Looney Tunes-esque teaser trailer not coming to fruition, though.
>>
>>377845517
what gives you that idea?
its generally very well recieved(aside from butthurt Sonybros for some reason) and sold quite a bunch of copies
>>
Banjo fucking sucks and I'm not even being cynical.

It's like wario worlds retarded older brother.

The game over screen in banjo one scared me as a kid, and so did that tutorial guy who threatened to delete my save file. I never did the tutorial because of him, he's a fucking asshole.

There's nothing fun about a retarded fetch-quest with bland and annoying enemies and a completely retarded gameplay idea.

I'm glad that yuhkahleileey finally killed this retarded franchise
>>
>>377848854
>The game over screen scared me as a kid
>Banjo fucking sucks
HMM
>>
>>377848854
>The game over screen in banjo one scared me as a kid, and so did that tutorial guy who threatened to delete my save file. I never did the tutorial because of him, he's a fucking asshole
This is comedy, right?
>>
>>377848854
>that tutorial guy who threatened to delete my save file. I never did the tutorial because of him, he's a fucking asshole.
Guess what?
There's another threat later on if you put in certain cheat codes, and it actually will delete your save.
>>
>>377848854
>There's nothing fun about a retarded fetch-quest
Fact.

>with bland and annoying enemies and a completely retarded gameplay idea.
Opinion.

Banjo-Kazooie was a mixture enough of cute and off-the-wall that made for an incredibly satisfying roller coaster ride. Obviously the gameplay needed help, but the core concept was just solid enough.
>>
>>377849040
>>377849151
Don't judge me please, I was telling the truth.

Also paper Mario ttyd scared me too when I first started chapter 4 with the cgi pigs it was terrifying so I ran away and didn't play the game for another few months or even more

But ttyd ended up being a good game unlike banjo
>>
>>377849643
you sound autistic
>>
>>377849643
You are a giant faggot. Fuck off.
>>
>>377849838
:(
>>
>>377849643
>TTYD
>GOOD

Kid, you need to grow up.
>>
>>377845517
>>377847219
Stop shitposting because le sjw boogeyman.

Yooka is just mediocre at worst, an average game that has flaws that can be worked on in later installments
>>
>>377849981
Ttyd is good you simply have bad taste and a cold heart
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.