[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Everyone but /v/ sings nonstop praises about the game Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 31

File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>Everyone but /v/ sings nonstop praises about the game
Why?
>>
they're paid to
>>
I've literally heard nothing about this game in over a month
>>
Horizon Zero Dawn has everything that people THINK makes a good game.
>>
>>377825715
>has everything that people THINK makes a good game.
Explain.
>>
The more /v/ hates a game, the better it is.
>>
>nonstop
When was the last time ANYONE has talked about this game?
>>
>>377825381
It's an ok game with pretty graphics and 'outside world' doesn't care about made up SJW bullshit /v/cares so much about.
>>
>>377825849
Open world, decent graphics, crafting system where you can find tons of junk in the wild you can turn into goodies, constantly upgrading your character, lots of little things on the map for you to do.

None of these things are inherently bad, and can be done well if you apply yourself to the idea, but the basic gameplay is all the same. Why do people complain about having a billion different things to do on an Assassin's Creed map, and appreciate it when it comes to Grand Theft Auto? It's because for GTA, even if the flight training and races and marathons don't actually contribute to your overall character, they're still fun diversions to take you away from the main gameplay of driving and shooting. If you're doing an action for a reward, and not for the fun of the action, then remove the action from the game. At least in HZD there's nothing fun about the act of collecting junk, or clearing out bases of the same enemies you've been fighting the whole game, or even upgrading your character. For people who like the actual gameplay of a game more than the feeling of accomplilshment, HZD won't scratch the itch while something like GTA or Zelda will, because just playing the game is the fun part of it.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. Played on Pro and a 65" Sony 900E, first game that made me feel good with the purchase.
>>
>>377825381
its another shallow open world game

when you learn the attack patterns of like 3 robots you have effectively beaten the game

its like if you equipped Geralt from the witcher with a bow and turned him a neanderthal woman
>>
>>377827048
>when you learn the attack patterns of like 3 robots you have effectively beaten the game
retarded /v/ hyperbole hits you for 10000000000 HP
you're dead
>>
>>377825381
>Sonybros once again blatantly overrate a game just because its an "exclusive"
no shit
>>
>>377825381
Because everyone but /v/ are SJW ass kisser
>>
I've only heard it praised on Neogaf and reddit.
IRL I don't think I've met anyone (even people who call themselves "hardcore") who even knows what this is.
>>
>>377825381
>why doesn't shitendo containment board praise a rival company exclusive that's in every way better than the shitty shitendo rehash that came out the same month

Truly a mystery.
>>
>>377827138
>roll, roll, roll, shoot your bow twice, roll, roll, roll, set up an explosive trap, roll, shoot your bow twice, roll, roll, stop combat and craft more arrows, roll

SUCH GAMEPLAY!
>>
>>377827268
What, specifically, makes this a SJW game besides a competent female protagonist? You HAVE actually played the game right anon?
>>
>>377825381
Because everyone but /v/ singed the praise of bioshock infinite and DmC: Devil may Cry.

Sometimes the mass option is just wrong.
>>
>>377827407
Why are you bringing dark souls up
>>
>>377827268
nailed it
>>
>>377825381
/v/ is jaded and tends be more critical. Beyond robot,dinosaurs it's just another bland open world game
>>
>>377827517
Looks like you're the one who didnt play it, or blindfolded.
>>
>>377827663
>/v/ is retarded and tends to shit on everything 24/7
FTFY
>>
>>377827673
>N- no YOU didn't play it!
Ok loser
>>
>>377826854
This sounds about right, but I don't know, I haven't played the game.
From what I've seen it looks like a pretty typical open world action game, complete with painted white ledges so retards know what to climb, invisible walls galore, "go here, do this little setpiece puzzle/climbing minigame/dungeon one time and then never touch it again because there's no point," and lots of upgrading via collectathon mechanics.
I've gotten enough of that from Ubishit games, so what does this game do that makes it so different?
>>
>>377825381
Not really, reddit (aka best place in the world when it comes to gaming) knows it's 8/10.
>>
File: C_hFkNaXUAEujtO.jpg (147KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C_hFkNaXUAEujtO.jpg
147KB, 1200x675px
Name a more perfect and more pure girl in mankind history. I'll wait.
>>
haha looool it's much more fun to explore a world with 10 trees total in order to find 900 kokoshits. get outta here with that native 4k, rock-solid fps, interesting and detailed world! It's much more fun to sit and wait 5 minutes for rainy weather to pass so I can continue playing the game =)
>>
>>377827785
Ok then you've literally seen nothing about this game at all. The entire premise of the game is that white men are evil and destroyed the world. Luckily, before white cis male scum could ruin the world, a group of diverse and empowered female scientists created an AI (which happens to be a black female). Said AI helped rebuild the world after the cis white scum destroyed it and made a utopia featuring a diverse cast of all religions (including very explicit Muslim people in the apocalyptic future), races (except white), and genders (except male). Then our strong, independent woman protagonist has to save the world again from cis white male scum to show that diversity is the true way of the future.
>>
>>377827774
But anon, retarded people are more likely to enjoy things.
As they say, ignorance is bliss.
But yea, /v/ is full of people who may or may not be enthusiasts, and much like most places full of enthusiasts, they're pretty critical of things.
>>
Fighting robots was a lot of fun, but they need to improve a lot of aspects in the sequel, especially platforming and human combat.
>>
>>377825381
They only have PS4s. Meanwhile, 95% of /v/'s PS4 owners use at least 2-3 platforms and have ten times as many games on their mind.
>>
>>377826854
>but the basic gameplay is all the same
This is where you are wrong. In horizon fighting the dinosaurs is the main thing you do and it is also where the game sets itself apart from all other games out there. It is the most fun thing to do as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with that game.
>>
>>377827663
outside of the robot dinosaurs the game is utter shit

i found myself wishing i could be playing a character in the losing war against the machines in the past. Not this Neanderthal feminist dogcrap setting

the concept was nice

>machines can convert any organics into biofuel

i wanted to be fighting a battle in a lush forest being sucked up to create more deadly machines. Over the course of the battle the forest turns into a wasteland, before you have to retreat, only for the same thing to happen in your new location

instead i got cavewoman shoots a bow at a robot- the game
>>
>>377827923
Fuck me she give off the exact same vibe i get from Lighting. which is man in a dress.
>>
File: Sachya Gravity Rush 2.png (247KB, 487x497px) Image search: [Google]
Sachya Gravity Rush 2.png
247KB, 487x497px
>>377827923
>>
>>377828095
Not him, but what about fighting the dinosaurs makes it so compelling?
Got a video example in mind?
>>
>>377827517
Nothing.
Trolls just screamed for a few days about 'matriarchy' and retards like >>377827673 kept repeating that.
Despite game depicting the matriarchy as a bad, the female leaders as incompetent and superstitious failures and the whole tribe as bunch of backwater hicks compared to other tribes that actually embraced the old tech and progress.

>>377827827
>invisible walls galore
Where?
>>
it's a thoroughly enjoyable but ultimately forgettable game

all the "SJW" shit is massively overblown because /v/ will latch onto anything that gives it a reason to get angry, but it's still very much one of those games that's fun for a single playthrough and then you'll be hard-pressed to find a reason to play it again
>>
>>377825715
So it's a good game then? If it has what people think are good then it's good. That's how these things work
>>
>>377825381
why does OP keep making the same thread? fucking shill
>>
>>377828209
It is the controls, the different utility equipment and the different types of damage that makes it fun.

Can't think of a video. Besides watching it is not the same as playing it.
>>
>>377828095
So then you really don't have any depth to you as a person at all.
>>
>>377828112
AGREED! damn these feminists, ruining MY hobby. they should get back into the kitchen hehehe, am I right my dudes?

*goes back to playing hatred*

now THIS is a real game!
>>
>>377827953
holy fucking kek, this is what happens when you read /v/ hyperbole and act like it's a reliable source, I'd almost be able to dismiss this as ebin bait if it wasn't for the number of legitimate retards around here
>>
>>377827953
>white cis male scum
Projecting
>races (except white)
The fuck are you talking about?
>including very explicit Muslim people
In other words, the mere presence of Muslims upsets you? K

Your post just comes off as some alt-right retard stopping his feet and shaking his fists. Why are you so triggered by non-white people anon?
>>
>Horizon_Zero_Dawnâ„¢.webm uploaded
>>
>>377828375
>It is the controls, the different utility equipment and the different types of damage that makes it fun.
Again, how is that compelling?
What makes that stand out from other games that do the exact same things?
>>
>>377828249
It kind of wasn't fun enough for a single play through for me.
I got passed the trial to be part of the town and stop being a exile only to have the only potential side character to get killed and then you fight that controller robot. I was bored out of my fucking mind at how stale the whole game felt.

I returned the game and rented then bought Nioh.
>>
>>377828474
Because the other game that does that is locked to a 240p handheld screen.
>>
>>377827953
You can't outright lie about things when the game is already months out.
This tepid bait would have worked maybe first week when people didn't finish yet.
>>
>>377828223
>Where?
At the boundaries of the worldspace. What were they thinking, making an open world game where the world isn't infinite?
>>
>>377828404
Controlling the character in itself has depth...
i am not sure where you are going with this.
>>377828474
I haven't seen any other game do all of those things as well as they are done in Horizon.
The game is polished to fuck.
>>
>>377828613
Zelda isn't the only other game that does that though.
Even fucking Dying Light has lots of different utility items and different types of damage that can accomplish different things and work better or worse on different enemies.
>>377828686
>I haven't seen any other game do all of those things as well as they are done in Horizon.
What makes them so well done?
You're not really giving me much, answering "It's so well done" when someone asks why it's well done isn't really an answer.
>>
>>377828647
I think NMS would be the right game for you anon.
>>
>>377825381

I found it to be incredibly boring after 14-15 hours of play. I ended up returning it to the friend that loaned it to me. Just wasn't my thing.
>>
>>377828095
>In horizon fighting the dinosaurs is the main thing you do and it is also where the game sets itself apart from all other games out there
But the gameplay is still the same. It doesn't matter what kind of enemy you're fighting when you fight them in in basically the same way. A game with a fresh coat of paint on the same tired third-person shooter we've had for a fucking decade isn't setting itself apart.
>>
>>377825381
it was a meme game, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>377828553
that's fair desu

good call on Nioh, I enjoyed that more than HZD but still found enough in HZD to give me my money's worth, but whatever floats your boat my man
>>
>>377828647
>>377828223
I assume he's talking about the places where you flat out can't jump on or platform on since the game wants to guide you to the specific areas that it wants you to climb.
Kind of like a Ubisoft game.
>>
>>377828857
>>377828647
>>377828223
https://youtu.be/qEGWtyJAkO0?t=302
>>
>>377828854
HZD was a amalgamation of other games gimmicks that it did semi-competently.
If you haven't played those other games HZD seems like a amazing game to you.
If you have then HZD seems bland because you know so many other games did what it does but better.
>>
>>377828643
he may be exaggerating but the game does feature

- the two white male scientists make HADES a subfunction designed to kill everything; whilst the diversity doesnt want to
-the main baddie of the game is a white male
- the game features a cave filled with the matriarchy that watched over the tribe, also the cave is called the "embrace", aka Vaginatown.

Imagine a game where you have to retrieve a sword called the "Throbbing rod" to defeat the enemy- who rules over his kingdom "Meatstick". During the course of the game to get the Throbbing rod you have to venture into a dungeon called "The Cavernous Cunt"

too over the top? so was this game with the forced diversity
>>
>>377829140
I played and enjoyed both since I'm not a 12 year old who has to vehemently defend the system I chose because mommy would only let me have one.
>>
>>377829381
Okay?
I'm not posting to compare the two, I'm showing the invisible walls that stop you from climbing shit that the game doesn't want you to climb.
>>
>>377829140
How a game on switch destroyed a ps4profortheplayer game. Embarassing
>>
>>377829381
>I's impossible for Horizon to have less depth than Zelda, so you're just a babby with one console :^)
lol
>>
>>377829227
why are the only options available to me "amazing" or "bland"

I found it enjoyable for a single thorough playthrough and felt no desire to replay once done, there's an entire spectrum of opinions between the two extremes you outlined, come on son
>>
>>377828758
>What makes them so well done?
The polish and the versatility of the systems they implemented and the balance of the different damage metrics etc. are well balanced.
>You're not really giving me much, answering "It's so well done" when someone asks why it's well done isn't really an answer.
Can you give me an example on any game that does anything well? Because to me it sounds like you are just trying to be reductionist and contrarian.
The reason i said it was well done is because there are subtle nuances that most games get wrong. Horizon for example doesn't feel stiff. But how would i communicate exactly how it doesn't feel stiff?
>>
>>377829381
I didn't enjoy HZD. But I do own a Ps4 and Wii U and did play both games and would rather play something like Nioh and Nier instead of HZD.
>>377829705
Because you could only have been ignorant to the have enjoyed that game to such an extent.
>>
>>377829242
>- the two white male scientists make HADES a subfunction designed to kill everything; whilst the diversity doesnt want to
the white male scientist was simply assigned to its development, "the diversity" is the one who came up with the idea and it was built entirely as she intended it to be

>-the main baddie of the game is a white male
there are literal hundreds of games where this is the case that nobody bitches about, not once is the fact he is a white male presented as an aspect of what makes him bad

>- the game features a cave filled with the matriarchy that watched over the tribe, also the cave is called the "embrace", aka Vaginatown
the nora tribe are also painted as being ignorant, superstitious and prejudiced, and the main character suffers from their prejudice for the entire game and she calls them out over it multiple times

you didn't play the game m8
>>
>>377829960
Nier is decent but it's a shame it lacks all the polish that HZD has.
>>
>>377829757
Felt stiff to me. forcing you to climb specific area.
Purely adding Slow motion to game gives a added stiffness. forced Stealth in momentary parts of the game. forcing stealth is never good.
>>
>>377829140
>the no npc reactions

It's not just HZD that's guilty but that shit bugs me so much. Why invest in realistic graphics if it's going to feel fake?

Also, HZD annoyed the hell out of me with the camera. I don't know if this was an issue for anyone else but it would constantly shift while on a mount, etc. to where the only way to recenter to the original position was to aim. It was a small thing but kept bugging me the whole time.
>>
>>377829757
>versatility of the systems
What versatility? Shoot the fire arrow at the enemies weak to fire? The systems are extremely shallow and there isn't much interaction between them, if any. Instead of having actual physics on, say, a thrown object or an arrow, it just plays a canned animation. Arrows just home in on whatever they're fired at, there's little/no environmental interaction. The game lacks depth in its systems and design.
>>
>>377829960
>Because you could only have been ignorant to the have enjoyed that game to such an extent
I'm not even trying to claim it's revolutionary or amazing in any respect, it's kind of pathetic that you feel the need to call me out simply for expressing a moderately postive opinion of it desu
>>
>>377829757
>The polish and the versatility of the systems they implemented and the balance of the different damage metrics etc. are well balanced.
What makes them polished?
What makes them more versatile than in any other game with the same systems?
What does "balance of the different damage metrics" mean in this instance?
>Can you give me an example on any game that does anything well?
Sure, Insurgency has great gunplay because of how well the animations are done and how accurately they communicate things like recoil, weapon weight, and in-game permanence (meaning that it's easy to tell where you're aiming your weapon and where your bullets will go for the most part).
Another example would be Mirror's Edge, which has amazing movement because of how much control it gives the player.
It punishes you for fucking up and rewards you for learning how to efficiently string your movements together to quickly traverse the terrain, something that Catalyst didn't do nearly as well. Nevermind the animations in ME are extremely well-done and communicate the weight of your movements (and your fall heights) very well.
>The reason i said it was well done is because there are subtle nuances that most games get wrong.
So mention them.
What are these subtle nuances.
You're not presenting anything, you're just stating things without actually providing any detail.
>>
>>377830148
You're for some reason associating visual polish for depth in gameplay and systems.
>>
>>377830146
>you didn't play the game m8

i wish i didnt

i couldve afforded a nice 40 year old single malt Scotch instead
>>
>>377830380
No, I just like good hitboxes and timely button inputs.
>>
>>377826854
>crafting system

into the trash it goes
>>
>>377830148
HZD looks visually decent but it's a shame it lacks the depth that Nier and virtually any actual good game has.
>>
>>377830352
And on the note of Catalyst, I personally feel awful, because I was one of the people who wanted ME to be open world.
I didn't know man, I didn't fucking know.
>>
File: 1487469851163.png (466KB, 1352x589px) Image search: [Google]
1487469851163.png
466KB, 1352x589px
>>377825381
Because:
>they have shit taste and actually look forward to playing another ubisoft style open world game with grindan and shitty combat
>they are virtue signalers and say shit like "oh wow, Horizon has a female protagonist, so progressive!"
>they are hardcore sony shills (I own a PS4, but I have no desire to play Horizon
>some combination of the above
>>
>>377830558
Depth is one of the Nier's biggest issues IMO.
>>
>>377830691
It is. And HZD has less than that.
Kind of sad being a ocean that is only inch deep.
>>
>>377830264
Can you give an example of versatile combat? Like a specific game?
>>
>>377830403
that's great but claiming you have taste in liquor isn't relevant to the fact you don't know shit you'd have learned simply by progressing through the game

by the way you're not going to get a good 40 year old scotch for the price of hzd unless you paid at least $500 dollars for the game, which would only be further proof you're not right in the head
>>
>>377830879
>$500

lol, wow, you buy your liquor at liquor store prices huh?
>>
>>377831089
you don't know shit about whisky my man, it's embarrassing to watch you pretend
>>
>>377825381
I haven't played it to be honest, but my brother played and liked it because it has robot dinos and shit. To me it looks like a Farcry tier game and I didn't like Farcry.
>>
File: horizon.jpg (203KB, 1747x540px) Image search: [Google]
horizon.jpg
203KB, 1747x540px
>>377827517
>What, specifically, makes this a SJW game besides a competent female protagonist?
>>
>>377827953
/pol/ plz leave
>>
>>377830352
>What makes them polished?
They are tuned to perfection. Everything feels like it works the way it should and nothing seems to be slopily implemented.
>What makes them more versatile than in any other game with the same systems?
I wouldn't say any other game but at least most other games. They are more versatile in this game because the landscape you are playing on is constantly moving and changing as per the nature of open world games.
>What does "balance of the different damage metrics" mean in this instance?
It means the damage to health ratio and the resistance + armor calculations are all tuned to be noticable and a fair challenge.
> Insurgency has great gunplay because of how well the animations are done and how accurately they communicate things like recoil, weapon weight, and in-game permanence
How exactly do the animation accurately communicate things like recoil, weapon weight, and in-game permenance? What makes the animations good at conveying all of those things?
>Another example would be Mirror's Edge, which has amazing movement because of how much control it gives the player.
But how does the control give the game amazing movement?
>So mention them.
>What are these subtle nuances.
>You're not presenting anything, you're just stating things without actually providing any detail.
Neither did you. You also just used vague descriptors just like i did.

It is like asking why an artist did every single brush stroke, they did it because it felt right for the most part no?
>>
>>377825715
Kek, this so much.
Horizon is the vidya equivalent of Boyhood.
Surface level shit seems impressive, but the actual content is crap.

>ROBOT DINOSAURS MAN
>IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE
>>
>>377828468
is reddit raiding us again?
>>
>>377831409
>Literally everything in these posts are wrong
Good god this is embarrasing to read.
>GASED!
top kek
>>
>>377831825
stop making a fool of yourself anon

>Scotch and Whiskey are two different things
scotch is scotch whisky, and specifically spelled without an "e"

bourbon and irish whiskies are spelled "whiskey", you don't even know basic terminology
>>
>>377830835
Zelda
>>
>>377825381
Because /v/ is "redpilled" and because the Zelda religion thrives here.
>>
>>377830463
>They are tuned to perfection
This isn't an answer, you're just restating that you think its polished.
>>
>>377832352
If you don't know what tuned means in the video game context then i can understand why you don't understand that it is an answer.
>>
>>377825381
>>Everyone but /v/ sings nonstop praises about the game

This is literally the first I seen mentioned about this game in over a month.

Nobody talks about it, let alone praises it.
Not even shitposting.
>>
>>377832012
>They are tuned to perfection. Everything feels like it works the way it should and nothing seems to be slopily implemented.
But this still applies to most similar games, AKA Far Cry 4 or Dying Light.
>They are more versatile in this game because the landscape you are playing on is constantly moving and changing as per the nature of open world games.
Is this not true of most open world games?
And what do you mean it's constantly moving and changing? The different biomes?
>It means the damage to health ratio and the resistance + armor calculations are all tuned to be noticable and a fair challenge.
Again, how is this different from any other game?
>How exactly do the animation accurately communicate things like recoil, weapon weight, and in-game permenance?
In-game permanence I already explained, but as for recoil, the weapons react realistically, with the proper weighty reactions you'd expect not only for different weapons but even for different calibers.
For weights, somewhat similar to above, but in addition the animations of switching weapons, aiming down the sights, or even just the way the weapons sway changes based on weight, and is accurate to the real-life weapons.
>But how does the control give the game amazing movement?
What?
Is that a serious question?
>Neither did you. You also just used vague descriptors just like i did.
No, I explained why Insurgency has great gunplay and why ME has great movement.
You state that HZD is polished and don't explain why, state that it's versatile and don't explain why, and state that it's balanced but don't explain why, and when you do what you mention is barebones basic shit that applies to most games, which makes me wonder how exactly this game stands out so much in your mind, because you're not very good at explaining why.
>>
>>377832352
Not even the guy you were arguing the whole time, calm your tits man.
>>
>>377832468
Sure, whatever you say sweetie.
>>
/v/ doesn't like popular things.
How was this not the first reply?
>>
File: 20161108230201_1.jpg (463KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161108230201_1.jpg
463KB, 1920x1200px
>>377825381
Praise it all you want, it will never get as good as The Witcher 3.
>>
File: 1461792281832.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1461792281832.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>377831409
>unironically posting this
>Basically admitting you haven't played the game and rely on shitposting to argue for you
>>
>>377825381

Solid game. Exclusivity and the nearby Zelda release means 80% of the people who shit on it have nothing specific to say other than webms and "it's shit because it is."
>>
File: 3ulqDfU.png (428KB, 727x415px) Image search: [Google]
3ulqDfU.png
428KB, 727x415px
>>377831409
hmm I wonder what all those replies are? Could they be people pointing out the all the flaws and fallacies in that post? Nawwwwwwwww
>>
>>377825381
I think the hate is way overblown, but it's really just incredibly bland compared to the much more memorable games that were released around the same time.
>>
>>377832012
>Neither did you. You also just used vague descriptors just like i did.
But unlike you when he describes something he actually explains why.
You on the other hand just use similes.
>Why is Horizon polished?
>Because it's polished!
>They're tuned (polished)!

You're going in circles because you can't actually go any deeper in explaining the game's mechanics because it's shallow as fuck.
>>
>>377833083
>80% of the people who shit on it have nothing specific to say other than webms and "it's shit because it is."
Nice false narrative, there's been plenty of perfectly valid criticism right here in this thread.

Who has the rest of these
>>377829140
>>
>>377833210
>WAAAAAA I CAN'T HANDLE SOMEBODY CALLING OUT MY SHIT TASTE! MOMMY GET THE TENDIES! I'M GONNA DOWNVOTE HIM AS HARD AS I CAN!
>>
>>377833296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ
>>
>>377825381
casuals have shit taste
>>
I'm playing Horizon. It's a fun game. Good but not great. Enjoying it more than the vast majority of open world games I've played.
>>
File: QWOP.jpg (24KB, 681x400px) Image search: [Google]
QWOP.jpg
24KB, 681x400px
>>377832798
>But this still applies to most similar games, AKA Far Cry 4 or Dying Light.
Those are all first person shooters so they aren't similar mate.
>Is this not true of most open world games?
It certainly is. However pretty much all other open world games don't have the type of action gameplay mechanics that are in horizon. I am of course talking about the shooting mechanics of the different ammo types and the movement/character positioning controls.
>And what do you mean it's constantly moving and changing? The different biomes?
I mean there is ever changing verticality and playspace and all the different enemies with their different movesets react accordingly. Unless they are melee humans at which point they are pretty weak. Luckily they are like 2% of the entire experience.
>Again, how is this different from any other game?
We would need a spread sheet to get into that. All i can say is that compared to a lot of other games it seems trivial and not balanced in a way that seems cohesive to the whole.
It always seems like either it is armor on or off instead of being a gradient.
>In-game permanence I already explained
No you just explained what it was but you didn't explain how animations improved it.
>but as for recoil, the weapons react realistically, with the proper weighty reactions you'd expect
But exactly how does the animation do all of these things? you have yet to answer that.
>What?
>Is that a serious question?
Yes because many games give you a ton of control but the movement is not amazing at all.
Pic related is an example of this.
>No, I explained why Insurgency has great gunplay and why ME has great movement.
No you just mentioned the animations for insurgency and for ME you explained that the amount of control resulted in great movement.
You didn't say how one thing equated to the other thing.

I am using your own logic against you and you are asking me to do more work than you are willing to do for me.
>>
Are they?
Because from what I've seen, everyone pretty much forgot about this in weeks once BotW came out, and nobody seems to be very keen to revisit it.
I will admit that I don't follow console gaming discourses that much.

As for why the game was praised: well, I have a theory here. I think that people, despite outwardly claiming how they are sick of AssCreeds and Far Cries, ACTUALLY REALLY FUCKING NEEDED their yearly generic Ubisoft open world game. And Horizon scratched that itch pretty well, I guess. I did not spend that much time with it, but from what I played, I found it one of the most stupid and pointless wastes of interesting premise I've seen in ages. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with it, but it felt so insanely token and completely needless that I never though twice of picking it up again.
Then again, I like Factorio and Prey, so what do I know?

>>377827517
The hilarious thing about this is that fifteen years ago, those things would be considered CLICHÉS, not "EVIL SJW agendas".

You know how some people correctly say "what was considered liberal in 80's and common sense in 90's is considered faschist today?"

Well, it goes both ways.
>>
>>377832962
>>377833167
I normally don't do this shit, but everything I've seen makes the backstory out to be good women scientists create AI to save the world while mean men, at least one of which who talks like an xbox dudebro, make an evil AI or sub-function or whatever the fuck. This is, as far as I can tell, the basic backstory of the game.

Now, can you argue these points are wrong, or are you just gonna shitpost at shitposters about how they haven't played it? Because if you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it. And I mean I actually would, it'd be interesting to know if there's more to it.
>>
>>377833214
Tuning is part of the polishing process and that was specifically the part that is well done in Horizon. They tuned their mechanics to feel as good as possible without feeling stiff or obnoxious.
>You're going in circles because you can't actually go any deeper in explaining the game's mechanics because it's shallow as fuck.
You can't do it either i can use that exact same logic towards anything you explain for any game.
You cannot cook down a games mechanics to any one thing. You have to try it and get a feel for it to understand it.
>>
>>377833083

I really tried to like HZD since hunting robot animals and dinosaurs seemed very cool. On the hardest difficulty I was underwhelmed by the combat and enemy aggression wasn't on the level I wanted.

I will admit the beginning was fun when first setting traps, finding tough enemies, but even barely out of the gate all sense of danger was lost once I had a few skillpoints. Human enemies were too easy as well. In the end the story couldn't hold my interest through the increasingly boring gameplay.

I guess I can see how certain aspects would appeal to people but it just felt shallow after a while to me. Maybe they'll improve things in a sequel.
>>
>>377833997
>Those are all first person shooters so they aren't similar mate.
They're open world games with a focus on crafting and versatile combat, they're extremely similar.
Another example would be Far Cry Primal.
>However pretty much all other open world games don't have the type of action gameplay mechanics that are in horizon. I am of course talking about the shooting mechanics of the different ammo types and the movement/character positioning controls.
But that's present in
>Far Cry 4
>Far Cry Primal
>Dying Light
>Sunset Overdrive
Being in third person doesn't make them fundamentally different.
>I mean there is ever changing verticality and playspace and all the different enemies with their different movesets react accordingly.
Well, I still don't see how that differs from other open world games.
>We would need a spread sheet to get into that.
That's a cop-out if I've ever seen one.
>No you just explained what it was but you didn't explain how animations improved it.
>meaning that it's easy to tell where you're aiming your weapon and where your bullets will go for the most part
Does that not explain how animations improve it?
>But exactly how does the animation do all of these things?
By showing a realistic reaction?
Are you being facetious or something?
>Yes because many games give you a ton of control but the movement is not amazing at all.
>Pic related is an example of this.
The whole point of QWOP is that it DOESN'T give you good controls.
Do you know what good controls even are?
>No you just mentioned the animations for insurgency and for ME you explained that the amount of control resulted in great movement.
Yes, animations, which improve gunplay.
And yes, for ME the amount of control given to the player results in a great movement system.
Compare the movement in ME to say Assassin's Creed, where everything is done automatically, it's on another level.
>I am using your own logic against you
No not really, you're just misunderstanding my posts.
>>
>>377834372
>Tuning is part of the polishing process and that was specifically the part that is well done in Horizon. They tuned their mechanics to feel as good as possible without feeling stiff or obnoxious.
Tuning doesn't mean anything, every game tunes what they do as part of the polishing process.
HZD is an extremely shallow game that does nothing more than your typical Ubishit game but with robot dinosaurs, hence why /v/ shits on it and why normies love it.
>>
>>377835013
>They're open world games with a focus on crafting and versatile combat, they're extremely similar.
3rd person makes a sizable difference because the way you can crowd control is much different and provides much better visual feedback for the player.
>But that's present in:
>Being tps doesn't make them different.
Can you explain to me how super mario is different to any 2d platformer i can whip up in 30 minutes and upload to newgrounds?
By your logic it is all the same.
The main difference is in the way the game plays man
>I still don't see how that differs from other open world
In most open world games it completely breaks the experience because you can cheese literally every monster by doing the most tame things.
>That's a cop-out if I've ever seen one.
How will you explain the differences between a resistance system in Diablo 2 and the resistance system in vanilla world of warcraft?
Not the same systems mind you. But there are some very tangible differences for anyone who plays them.
But i guess thats just a cop out. In reality it is the same amirite?
>meaning that it's easy to tell where you're aiming
But how does it make it easy to tell? And why does being easy to tell make the game any better? You could just have an indicator on your screen that lights up when you are aiming at whatever you want to aim at.
>By showing a realistic reaction?
Realistic is a style mate. You have yet to explain how it makes it BETTER than anything else.
>Are you being facetious or something?
I could ask you the same thing.
>The whole point of QWOP is that it DOESN'T give you good controls.
No but it is an example of a game that gives you a lot of control but the movement is far from amazing.
You said ME had "amazing movement because of how much control it gives the player" So i can only assume that you think the amount of control is directly linked to it.
You haven't explained how exactly one results in the other.
>>
File: 1492284450555.png (2MB, 1988x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1492284450555.png
2MB, 1988x1013px
>>377825381
There are no SJWs on /vee/.

Yet.
>>
>>377835013
>Yes, animations, which improve gunplay.
But how do they improve the gunplay?
>And yes, for ME the amount of control given to the player results in a great movement system.
But there are other games with just as much control that have shit movement systems. How is ME different?
>Compare the movement in ME to say Assassin's Creed, where everything is done automatically, it's on another level.
Okay but thats Assassin's Creed a game with very little control. How about QWOP then? It has a lot of control with very bad movement mechanics for the most part.

>>377835103
>Tuning doesn't mean anything, every game tunes what they do as part of the polishing process.
Any game that doesn't have this, or is tuned wrongly is very easily spottable because they feel worse than other games.
>HZD is an extremely shallow game that does nothing more than your typical Ubishit game but with robot dinosaurs, hence why /v/ shits on it and why normies love it.
You can say this about any game ever.
>>
>>377836876
>Any game that doesn't have this, or is tuned wrongly is very easily spottable because they feel worse than other games.
And this applies to HZD, hence why it feels worse than BotW.
And /v/ doesn't shit on BotW.
Which is funny because normies love it.
And it does a lot of what Ubishit does, but unlike HZD it actually does it better.
>>
>>377837145
>And this applies to HZD, hence why it feels worse than BotW.
So i take it you played both?
How will you accept that a button mashing mechanic in Zelda feels better than a fully dynamic shooting mechanic in Horizon?

>And /v/ doesn't shit on BotW.
>Which is funny because normies love it.
>And it does a lot of what Ubishit does, but unlike HZD it actually does it better.
Can you explain how it does it better?
>>
>>377836574
>3rd person makes a sizable difference because the way you can crowd control is much different
No it's not, crowd control remains fundamentally similar, and visual feedback doesn't fundamentally change the actual gameplay.
>Can you explain to me how super mario is different to any 2d platformer i can whip up in 30 minutes and upload to newgrounds?
As far as genre goes they're not, they're both 2d platformers.
>By your logic it is all the same.
No, by my logic they're similar (though your example doesn't help your argument because in that case they're the same genre).
>The main difference is in the way the game plays man
And Horizon fundamentally doesn't play much different from Far Cry Primal or 4 or Dying Light.
They may accomplish these mechanics in different ways on a visual level, but the base mechanics are similar.
>In most open world games it completely breaks the experience because you can cheese literally every monster by doing the most tame things.
But that's not true, in most open world games enemies will change their tactics to adapt to your movements and differences in verticality.
For example, in FC4/FCP, enemies might throw projectiles, grenades, rocks, or in some cases they might just climb up after you, same for Dying Light, especially during the night when the stronger zombies are out.
>How will you explain the differences between a resistance system in Diablo 2 and the resistance system in vanilla world of warcraft?
I wouldn't know, I've never played WoW.
>But how does it make it easy to tell?
How does where your weapon is on screen make it easy to tell where your bullet is going to go?
Again, is this a serious question?
>You could just have an indicator on your screen that lights up when you are aiming at whatever you want to aim at.
But that would break immersion, which is a huge issue in a game like Insurgency.
>>
>>377836574
>Realistic is a style mate. You have yet to explain how it makes it BETTER than anything else.
Most FPS games are trying to be realistic, if you think even CoD 4 wasn't trying to be realistic then you're an idiot.
Very few modern FPS games don't try to represent their weapons in a realistic manner, and Insurgency did so BETTER than other FPS games.
>No but it is an example of a game that gives you a lot of control but the movement is far from amazing.
Since you're not getting this, QWOP gives you a lot of control in order to simulate BAD movement, ME gives you a lot of control in order to simulate GOOD movement.
>You haven't explained how exactly one results in the other.
I've compared ME to an automatic system like AC, in ME since you have more control over your movements you can move through levels in ways that the developer may not have intended, resulting in insane amounts of replayability and speedrun potential, which isn't the case in AC (or Horizon for that matter).
>But how do they improve the gunplay?
More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay.
>But there are other games with just as much control that have shit movement systems.
Such as?
QWOP gives much more control because that's the point, to overwhelm the player with shitty movement that's difficult to utilize and a ton of controls.
>Okay but thats Assassin's Creed a game with very little control. How about QWOP then? It has a lot of control with very bad movement mechanics for the most part.
Again, QWOP was made with bad control in mind, that's the point, QWOP also has bad animations, bad physics, bad implementation of gameplay, etc. etc.
>>
>make game with cool robo dinosaurs
>whole entire story is just about muh human drama
>>
I've literally never had someone give me a straight answer as to why Horizon is so good, even the autists arguing ITT have shifted to semantics and stupid shit unrelated to the game, so I can only assume that it's a meme game that's shit but only gets a pass because Sonyfags have nothing else to play.
>>
>>377837416
>No it's not, crowd control remains fundamentally similar, and visual feedback doesn't fundamentally change gameplay.
But that is what you said it did for insurgence. Animation is literally visual feedback..
Hmmmm what gives?
>As far as genre goes they're not, they're both 2d platformers.
Right they are exactly the same. One is not better than the other right?
>No, by my logic they're similar
No you said because they are similar Horizon isn't any different from those games you listed. But by that logic any game that is similar isn't any different from all other games.
I call that a load of bullshit because even the tinies parameter/float value in the game engine makes a difference that is notable and helps provide the game with a different atmosphere/feeling.
In your mind it is all the same because you are being reductionist.
>And Horizon fundamentally doesn't play much different
But it does. The way the mechanics work are much better crafted than in those other games.
>They may accomplish these mechanics in different ways on a visual level, but the base mechanics are similar.
Not just a visual level, also the way it feels to use them. Visuals can only take you so far as i am sure you would agree.
>But that's not true, in most open world games enemies will change their tactics to adapt to your movements and differences in verticality.
You haven't played many open world games have you? The AI is almost always completely retarded. Even in MGSV.
>For example, in FC4/FCP, enemies might throw projectiles, grenades, rocks, or in some cases they might just climb up after you, same for Dying Light, especially during the night when the stronger zombies are out.
Most games do this. What is your point? Are you saying that all games that share elements are the same now?
Oh wait i know you are...
>I wouldn't know, I've never played WoW.
What about Counter Strikes kevlar vest system compared to the armor system in Diablo?
>>
>>377837973
This. This is actually my biggest issue with this game.
This game must have started as a really damn cool concept.
"Sexy redhead girl from a tribe of techno-Amazonians fights Robo-Dinosaurs!" Even the early art suggested that kind of really cheezy, over the top, homage-to-50's-schlock-fiction style.

But somewhere during that process, the game became a fucking joke. All the joyful elements of it were removed, replaced in "grrr, we are so serious sci-fi, read our human drama" bullshit, absolutely zero self-awareness, everything takes itself way too seriously, everything is must be explained with "serious, ground sci-fi and social explanations" (which obviously and unavoidably end up being complete fucking rubbish, because the premise is silly as fuck and nobody had any actual sci-fi concept to work with from be beginning.

It's shit, and it's a hugely wasted opportunity.
>>
File: 1494803865125.jpg (3MB, 3840x3929px) Image search: [Google]
1494803865125.jpg
3MB, 3840x3929px
>literally best graphics on console bar almost none
>amazingly polished
>rocksteady framerate even on base ps4
>god tier OST
>has an actual decent story with an original twist
>much content, game is easily 50h if you do all the sidequest
>extremely diverse HUD options, 5 difficulty levels, all making it possible to finetune the game to your liking.
>visceral combat, big ass boss battles can be found anywhere on the map
Horizon is a masterpiece.
>>
File: 1485528404481.gif (958KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485528404481.gif
958KB, 500x281px
you retards are still mad at this game holy shit its been months
>>
>>377838436
Even behind the mask you can notice how fucking ugly "she" really is.
>>
>>377838615
These salty tears are delicious. Keep 'em coming drone.
>>
>>377838436
Fuck off sjw shill
>>
All open world games are automatically garbage.
>>
File: you_are_this_butthurt.jpg (63KB, 202x275px) Image search: [Google]
you_are_this_butthurt.jpg
63KB, 202x275px
>>377838615
>>377838706
>>
>>377838010
It's very much the definition of modern gameplay design, polished to a gem.
It's... you can't say that anything about is "bad". It's all solid. But none of it is interesting, or meaningful, or original, or memorable. It feels and plays like a checklist of things that have been already tried, tested, known to work.

That is why it's so difficult to get a clear reading on the game. It's difficult to say anything about it. There is nothing you can say is bad - except for few small details.
But there is also nothing anyone can say that is "necessary" to see. It's a game definition of a safe, functional routine in the end.

Which in a game about red-headed chick fighting robo-dinosaurs is... just kinda bizarre.

You can pick it up, and I can guarantee to you almost certainly that if you tastes are not particularly unusual, you are not going to have a bad time.
But I can also gurantee that year down the line, you won't be able to remember a SINGLE thing about the game outside of it's premise.
>>
File: Horizon AI.webm (3MB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon AI.webm
3MB, 960x544px
>>377838325
>But that is what you said it did for insurgence. Animation is literally visual feedback..
Unlike you I'm not trying to imply that Insurgency plays fundamentally differently from other FPS games, only that it does gunplay better, which it does.
>One is not better than the other right?
Depends on how well the mechanics are implemented.
Not sure where you're going with this, I sure hope you're not trying to imply that Horizon's mechanics are better implemented than other games considering from what I've seen that's not the case.
>No you said because they are similar Horizon isn't any different from those games you listed.
No, I said they're fundamentally similar, and they are.
>The way the mechanics work are much better crafted than in those other games.
How?
And even if they are, how does that make them fundamentally different games?
>Not just a visual level, also the way it feels to use them.
What does that even mean?
Every game has a different feel when it comes to how you utilize its mechanics, that doesn't make an electric arrow fundamentally different from one game to another unless one game flat out has no proper physics and the electric arrow doesn't actually impact anything in the environment unlike another game.
>You haven't played many open world games have you? The AI is almost always completely retarded.
And that's the case in Horizon as well, webm related.
>Most games do this.
No shit, you can't cheese the enemies in most games by just moving to different levels of verticality.
>What about Counter Strikes kevlar vest system compared to the armor system in Diablo?
Those are completely different genres, that's a pretty obvious false equivalency.
>>
File: 1492261557928.jpg (751KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1492261557928.jpg
751KB, 3840x2160px
>>377838692
>salty tears
You really need glasses anon.
>>
File: 20170321221832.png (762KB, 1335x752px) Image search: [Google]
20170321221832.png
762KB, 1335x752px
>>377838810
how dose it feel to be a fucking idiot and nice webm from some retared that hated the game and tried to find problems
>>
>>377839026
Average Horizon fan.
>>
>3rd person open world adventure with RPG elements

It's like everyone keeps forgetting this formula doesn't automatically guarantee fun
>>
it's a run of the mill open world game. generic, sure, but it works. helps that it looks real pretty. same thing with zelda.

not sure why everyone is foaming at the mouth over the two of them
>>
File: 1489978240958.png (1MB, 1588x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1489978240958.png
1MB, 1588x1188px
>>377839125
Average retard
>>
I really liked it. The robot combat is fun and every single fight with any combination of robots is fun. I platinumed it.

Who gives a fuck what /v/ says or does.
>>
File: 5y6mgKZ.jpg (89KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
5y6mgKZ.jpg
89KB, 2000x1125px
>>377827923
>>
I'm a few hours in, I'm not sure what to think. When it introduced all the combat mechanics, scanning, stealth and crafting at the start, I got excited. It looked beautiful, felt good. The story was a little bland, but it had potential, too.

But.. it isn't going anywhere? I'm following blips on a map and it's just easy and predictable. Does it get better? Are there surprises? A lot of great games are 'follow this blip, destroy things along the way' so I don't know why this feels boring.
>>
>>377825381
>Everyone but /v/ sings nonstop praises about the game. Why?

Horizon is a great game. The reason /v/ stop talking about it is because they shilled the game for months as a Zelda Beater.

Then Zelda was released a few days after it and immediately exposed how shallow and inferior it was.

Out of sheer embarrassment, /v/ pretends like the game never happened.
>>
>>377838436
Aloy is cute!
>>
File: kat.png (705KB, 1016x805px) Image search: [Google]
kat.png
705KB, 1016x805px
>>377839490
thank got i got both
>>
>>377838010
It's a good game with solid mechanics, fun combat (except for the small bots in the starting area and human bandits) and a good story arc.

Unfortunately theres some things that stop it from being a great game, the big robots are really fun to fight but there really needs to be about another 5 of them in the game. Aside from about 2 sidequests you will just get cash, crafting materials and exp from finishing them, there really needs to be better unique mods or upgrades you could earn from them. Actual proper rewards for doing the collecting (seeds, artifacts, lookouts), again you just get shitty lootboxes rather than something desirable.

It does everything it sets out (stealing shit from other games but integrating them well), looks beautiful, but some lazy design choices that ultimately limit from being a great game.
>>
>>377839574
>they shilled the game for months as a Zelda Beater
things that didn't happen all that shit was from some retarded false flagging idiot making the same thread over and over and retards fell for it
>>
Its the absolute apex of western open world games. Problem is that western open world games are shit
>>
>>377837416
>How does where your weapon is on screen make it easy to tell where your bullet is going to go?
But how does making it easy to tell make it better?
>Again, is this a serious question?
>But that would break immersion, which is a huge issue in a game like Insurgency.
Why would it break immersion? Why is immersion important for Insurgency?
>>377837781
>Most FPS games are trying to be realistic,
No i wouldn't say that is true. Look at Overwatch.
If they tried to make it realistic they would just do Arma and simulate everything as best as possible. But they aren't being realistic by design.
>few modern FPS games don't represent their weapons in realistic manner
But if we break down most "realistic" shooters you are talking about you can see they are using unrealistic effects to make it seem realistic for the player. It is what is called hyperrealism.
>and Insurgency did so BETTER than other FPS games.
And how did it do it better than them?
>QWOP to simulate BAD movement, ME to simulate GOOD movement.
But how is one better than the other can you explain exactly how it is better then?
>ME to an automatic system like AC
You have shown a preference at least.
>can move through levels in ways the developer havent intended
You can do that in most games i assure you.
>which isn't the case in AC (or Horizon for that matter).
Are you sure about that? What do you know about the assassins creed speedrun community or the Horizon speedrun community?
>More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay.
What defines how an animation is "accurate"?
also how is more realistic better?
> to overwhelm the player with shitty movement that's difficult to utilize and a ton of controls.
But as i said before how can you judge it to be bad movement? It seems like you are just projecting your own view onto it.
> QWOP was made with bad control in mind
How are we as players supposed to just know ahead of time the developer wanted the game to be bad?
>>
>>377827368
>pokebarneyfag is still at it
>>
>>377825381
Same reason everyone but /v/ sings the praises of Bethesda games.
/v/ actually has experience, knowledge and a critical eye for video games while the masses are ignorant and don't know any better.
>>
File: Planet of the Keks.gif (2MB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
Planet of the Keks.gif
2MB, 300x186px
>>377840559
>/v/ actually has experience, knowledge and a critical eye for video games
>>
>>377825381
/v/ is nintendogaf
>>
File: tmp_12328-Nero_B1288953330.jpg (341KB, 3000x1742px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12328-Nero_B1288953330.jpg
341KB, 3000x1742px
>>377825381
It's aggressively marketed high budget pretty looking triple A mainstream trash.

Next question?
>>
>>377829140
>all ninteniggers have over the game is fucking water splashes

kek
>>
File: karen.jpg (158KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
karen.jpg
158KB, 1080x1350px
>>377825381
>Tomodachi Life easily doubled Horizon's sales

Hate to break it to you anon but no amount of Sterling shilling will make people care about this game.
>>
because it's an exclusive
>>
>>377832054
holy shit this is actually a really accurate comparison
>>
>>377838810
>Unlike you I'm not trying to imply that Insurgency plays differently from other FPS games, only that it does gunplay better
You have yet to explain how.
>Depends on how well the mechanics are implemented.
And that was my point from the beginning that the mechanics are much better implemented in horizon than those other games you mentioned.
>I sure hope you're not trying to imply that Horizon's mechanics are better implemented than other games considering from what I've seen that's not the case.
>Posts nitpick of pre-launch gameplay of something that happens under certain circumstances against 2% of the games enemies
This is how i know you are shitposting and don't actually have any valid critique about Horizon.
>No, I said they're fundamentally similar, and they are.
But how can one thing be better than the other when another game has that same thing? By your logic it is the same.
>How?
>And even if they are, how does that make them fundamentally different games?
Because they feel different to play and ARE different to play.
Different weapons different characters different movement speeds different enemies different equipment different quests.
>Every game has a different feel when it comes to how you utilize its mechanics,
Yes and that is the most important part of the game. It is why a shit dev makes worse games than a good dev.
>doesn't make an electric arrow different from one game to another
Yes it does because the mere act of aiming and shooting feels and results in differences not to mention the targets are different.
>unless one game flat out has no proper physics and the electric arrow doesn't actually impact anything in the environment unlike another game.
But these are inherent differences between different video games mate. These are the fucking things that make the biggest of differences.
>And that's the case in Horizon as well, webm related.
No that is the case in that one single scenario in that webm
>>
>>377839919
Jesus Christ we should screencap this one for the ages. Wise words double 9.
>>
Most 'gamers' are dumb enough to actually enjoy shallow open world trash and simplistic shootan with a pad.
>>
>>377839956
>But how does making it easy to tell make it better?
Because if you can't tell where your bullet is going to go (or at least a general idea based on where you're aiming) that drags down the gunplay.
There's a reason why most people shit on CS:GO's gunplay for example.
>Why would it break immersion?
Because there is no indicator like that in real life.
>Why is immersion important for Insurgency?
Because it aims for an enjoyable mix of milsim and arcadey, leaning more towards CQC with somewhat of a milsim flair.
Basically, if it wasn't immersive, it'd be too arcadey.
>No i wouldn't say that is true. Look at Overwatch.
That's one game.
Look instead at Battlefield 1, CoD WW2, Arma, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Sniper Elite 4, Rising Storm 2, etc.
>But if we break down most "realistic" shooters you are talking about you can see they are using unrealistic effects to make it seem realistic for the player.
Okay.
And?
>And how did it do it better than them?
For the reasons I've already explained, keep up.
>But how is one better than the other can you explain exactly how it is better then?
QWOP has you separately control each limb using keys that are across the keyboard from each other, ME does not, it's very uniform with its control scheme, so while it gives you a lot of options it's not overwhelming and shitty.
>You can do that in most games i assure you.
You factually can't in AC games.
Or Horizon.
In fact, you can't in most modern open world games, because they do that stupid shit where you can only climb specific areas (that are usually painted white).
>What do you know about the assassins creed speedrun community or the Horizon speedrun community?
Does AC have a speedrun community?
I don't believe so, same for Horizon.
ME has an active speedrun community and the entire multiplayer component revolves around what is essentially speedrunning.
>What defines how an animation is "accurate"?
How similar it is to a real life weapon.
>>
>>377839956
>also how is more realistic better?
For an FPS game that's aiming to be realistic?
I feel like that's pretty self-explanatory.
>But as i said before how can you judge it to be bad movement?
By looking at the developer's intentions, they intentionally designed a game that was difficult to control, hence why the controls are bad.
>How are we as players supposed to just know ahead of time the developer wanted the game to be bad?
You only brought up QWOP because it's a game that was notorious for having intentionally bad controls, which was part of the challenge.
>>377841207
>You have yet to explain how.
Again, for the reasons I've already mentioned, and again, keep up.
>>Posts nitpick of pre-launch gameplay of something that happens under certain circumstances against 2% of the games enemies
>This is how i know you are shitposting and don't actually have any valid critique about Horizon.
Then prove me wrong, post a video showing off Horizon's good human AI please.
I'll wait.
Until then, shut the fuck up.
>By your logic it is the same.
No, by my logic it's not the same.
>Because they feel different to play and ARE different to play.
>Different weapons different characters different movement speeds different enemies different equipment different quests.
Do you not know what the word FUNDAMENTAL means?
That does not change the fact that FUNDAMENTALLY they have similar mechanics.
It's like saying CoD and BF aren't both FPS games because they have different weapons and characters.
>Yes it does because the mere act of aiming and shooting feels and results in differences not to mention the targets are different.
Right, and in this example the aiming and shooting an electric arrow in HZD is much less involved than it is in say, BotW.
>But these are inherent differences between different video games mate.
No, they're differences but they are definitely not inherent.
>No that is the case in that one single scenario in that webm
Post a counter-example.
I'll wait.
>>
Nier is fucking shit and you weebs faggots only praise it because it has an ass in it you fucking degenerates
>>
>>377838810
>No shit, you can't cheese the enemies in most games by just moving to different levels of verticality.
I specifically said verticality was one of the things but also just the playspace in general. Most games yes you can manipule the enemy AI with the play space.
>Those are completely different genres, that's a pretty obvious false equivalency.
No because the two have similar mechanics on that note.
Why is counterstrike fundamentally different from diablo? In both games you aim and attack your enemy.
In horizon the game is 3rd person and its movement and crowdcontrol is completely different from those games you listed but you are still saying it is the same as all of these first person games
>There's a reason why most people shit on CS:GO's gunplay for example.
But CS:GO is the most popular competitive shooter so that doesn't make any sense mate. Why is Insurgency better?
>Because there is no indicator like that in real life.
There isn't a hand sticking out of your nose either in real life.
You don't have a gun in your hand in real life.
When does this line of reasoning end?
>Basically, if it wasn't immersive, it'd be too arcadey.
But when does it get too arcadey? Is it okay to be a tiny bit arcadey and mostly realistic? Can fully arcadey be good EVER?
>That's one game.
Paladins, Overwatch, Borderlands series, Team fortress 2, serious sam, bioshock infinite, minecraft, wasow 2.0 nerf gun battle
>Okay.
>And?
That means it isn't the realism that makes the game better. Because realism =/= better as you put it before.
>"More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay."
>>
>>377829140
Does Horizon not have a physics engine or something?
The fuck is going on here?
>>
File: st4UVJR.webm (2MB, 700x275px) Image search: [Google]
st4UVJR.webm
2MB, 700x275px
>>377829140
that video is so disgustingly slanted it's not even funny.
>>
>>377832012
this is the most autismo post ive seen in a long time
>>
>>377841530
>so while it gives you a lot of options it's not overwhelming and shitty.
Who are you to decide when it gets to be overwhelming?
>You factually can't in AC games.
So i can't pull up a video of AC where some player takes special advantage of the traversal mechanics in a unique way? And the same for Horizon? hmmm what about Uncharted then?
>because they do that stupid shit where you can only climb specific areas
But that isn't the only means of traversing the environment you do know this right?
They have a standard jumping mechanic in horizon that you can utilize like any jumping mechanic in any other game that has one. You know this right?
>Does AC have a speedrun community?
>I don't believe so, same for Horizon.
Well you are wrong.
They have shaved off approx 38 hours of gameplay from the average playthrough in horizon for example.
>ME has an active speedrun community
How do you decide which speedrun community is more valid than the others?
>How similar it is to a real life weapon.
But we just established before that they use unrealistic tricks and effects to gain some type of visual feedback for the player. So obviously it isn't the realism that does it.
>>
File: Bodies.jpg.jpg (3MB, 3840x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Bodies.jpg.jpg
3MB, 3840x2178px
>>377842408
>I specifically said verticality was one of the things but also just the playspace in general. Most games yes you can manipule the enemy AI with the play space.
You can manipulate the AI based on the play space in any game. And as shown in the webm posted, in Horizon it's much worse.
Lest we forget the stealth grassâ„¢
>No because the two have similar mechanics on that note.
No, the games are completely different, CS is an FPS game, Diablo is a hack and slash.
Meanwhile, Far Cry is an open world action shooter in first person, while Horizon is an open world action shooter in third person.
They may not be exactly alike, but they are MUCH more similar than CS and Diablo, hence why that's a false equivalency.
>But CS:GO is the most popular competitive shooter so that doesn't make any sense mate.
I can tell that you don't actually play any of these games that you talk about, a common criticism of CSGO is its awful recoil patterns and seeming RNG regarding bullet spread.
>There isn't a hand sticking out of your nose either in real life.
>You don't have a gun in your hand in real life.
What the fuck am I reading?
What the fuck point are you trying to make with these?
>But when does it get too arcadey? Is it okay to be a tiny bit arcadey and mostly realistic?
Sure, that's basically what Insurgency is.
>Paladins, Overwatch, Borderlands series, Team fortress 2, serious sam, bioshock infinite, minecraft, wasow 2.0 nerf gun battle
Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow Six series, Battlefield series, CoD sans-Infinite Warfare, Squad, GTA, Red Orchestra, Counter Srtike, etc. etc.
>That means it isn't the realism that makes the game better.
But it is, using unrealistic effects doesn't suddenly negate the game's realistic aspects.
And you call me a reductionist.
>>
/v/ hates it because it's only on PS4
It's one of the best open world games ever made just because the gameplay actually has some damn depth, which is a nice change of pace

Also looks beautiful with great lore
>>
>>377842120
>I feel like that's pretty self-explanatory.
But how is the player supposed to know what the game is trying to do before playing it? And doesn't that mean you think Arma is the best game because it does it the most accurately and realistically of all other games?
>You only brought up QWOP because it's a game that was notorious for having intentionally bad controls, which was part of the challenge.
No i brought it up because you are trying to make judgement calls on what is good and what is bad without explaining why. Only giving vague answers like "Because the developer wanted it to be realistic" etc.
>Again, for the reasons I've already mentioned, and again, keep up.
Again you never explained explicitly how it makes the game better than any other games.
>Then prove me wrong, post a video showing off Horizon's good human AI please.
I am not the one with the burden of proof here. I can show you examples of Horizon's AI not fucking up like your webm showed before.
>Until then, shut the fuck up.
No. You are the person who have only seen very few things about the game and are trying to make blanket judgement calls on the entire game.
Please don't try to discuss vidya when you don't know what you are talking to.
>No, by my logic it's not the same.
No because you are saying that Horizon isn't any different from SIMILAR games.
By that logic all similar games are the same.
>It's like saying CoD and BF aren't both FPS games because they have different weapons and characters.
I never said anything to that effect.
>Right, and in this example the aiming and shooting an electric arrow in HZD is much less involved than it is in say, BotW.
Could you specify that? Can you crystalize that point to its most concise edge because you have just made a judgement call and you have to explain exactly how you are right. Looking forward to this one since you admitted to not having played Horizon earlier.
>>
>>377842969
>Who are you to decide when it gets to be overwhelming?
A person with fingers.
>So i can't pull up a video of AC where some player takes special advantage of the traversal mechanics in a unique way?
In a way not intended by the game, sure.
Show me some examples please, and I want to see them get somewhere faster than they would if they'd just done what the developers wanted.
>But that isn't the only means of traversing the environment you do know this right?
We've already seen a video of this anon, if you want to climb anywhere you're pretty much limited to what the developers want you to climb.
>They have shaved off approx 38 hours of gameplay from the average playthrough in horizon for example.
What does that have to do with having a speedrun community?
Are you stupid?
>How do you decide which speedrun community is more valid than the others?
Because one has tons and tons of videos of people doing speedruns and is regularly played at speedrun events like AGDQ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xRzIuQYTBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCLqOZdc9bU
>But we just established before that they use unrealistic tricks and effects to gain some type of visual feedback for the player.
What does that have to do with how similar it is to a real life weapon?
Again, and you call me a reductionist.
You can have a game with realistic weapons that has unrealistic elements you dunce, no game will ever be 100% realistic, that's the point of a game.
>>
>>377842408
>huu blabablabla
(Insert muh smart fact based opinion here:) )
>huu blabablabla
>huu blabablabla
>huu blabablabla
>>
>>377843685
>But how is the player supposed to know what the game is trying to do before playing it?
Google it?
>And doesn't that mean you think Arma is the best game because it does it the most accurately and realistically of all other games?
When did I say that being realistic means a game is good?
Jesus christ dude, you argue like a 12 year old who doesn't fully read anything, you're arguing like I said realism = good game and not realistic guns = good (or better) gunplay.
>No i brought it up because you are trying to make judgement calls on what is good and what is bad without explaining why.
Where?
>Again you never explained explicitly how it makes the game better than any other games.
But I did, as you quoted before, >"More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay."
>>377843685
>I am not the one with the burden of proof here. I can show you examples of Horizon's AI not fucking up like your webm showed before.
Then do it.
Here, I'll post more examples of their shit AI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bKj7KaYW80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bpies08JYI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM2gz0FHfyM
Wasn't that hard.
It's pretty accepted that Horizon has shit AI.
>You are the person who have only seen very few things about the game and are trying to make blanket judgement calls on the entire game.
And you can't prove me wrong.
>No because you are saying that Horizon isn't any different from SIMILAR games.
No, I'm saying that Horizon is SIMILAR to those SIMILAR games, you're the one trying to imply that I said that it's not different at all.
>I never said anything to that effect.
>Because they feel different to play and ARE different to play.
>Different weapons different characters different movement speeds different enemies different equipment different quests.
>Could you specify that?
Sure, arrows in Horizon have little to no arc and fly at much faster speeds than arrows in BotW, which have insane arcs and actual physics.
>>
>>377842120
>No, they're differences but they are definitely not inherent.
Yes they are because different companies program their games differently, and the player can feel that.
So they are inherent because devs inherently program their games differently.
>Post a counter-example.
Go watch any play-through on youtube. 99.999999% of the footage will not have what is in the webm you posted.
>>377842408
>You can manipulate the AI based on the play space in any game
That was my main point.
>And as shown in the webm posted, in Horizon it's much worse.
Lest we forget the stealth grassâ„¢
But does it work for the gameplay? Why does insurgency have that bad graphics if it is trying to be realistic?
The visual feedback is trash no?
>No, the games are completely different, CS is an FPS game, Diablo is a hack and slash.
But you can do melee in both games. According to you the camera would make no fundamental difference. You are just aiming and attacking.
>a common criticism of CSGO is its awful recoil patterns and seeming RNG regarding bullet spread.
Funny because CSGO isn't RNG it is pre-determined and also based on some parameters from the environment of your character. Pro's are the ones who are the best at memorizing these patterns and can utilize it.
>What the fuck point are you trying to make with these?
That the realism point falls flat on its face because it isn't important at all. It doesn't inherently make any game better.
>But it is, using unrealistic effects doesn't suddenly negate the game's realistic aspects.
And why don't they negate the game's realistic aspects?

You are skipping certain points and not answering them. Can a game be fully arcadey and be good?
>>
>>377843689
>A person with fingers.
Correction: "Slow fingers"
Some people can do that just fine.
>Show me some examples please, and I want to see them get somewhere faster than they would if they'd just done what the developers wanted.
No you made the claim that it was impossible and i am merely asking if you are 100% certain that that is true.
>Because one has tons and tons of videos of people doing speedruns and is regularly played at speedrun events like AGDQ.
But what makes it better exactly?
>What does that have to do with how similar it is to a real life weapon?
Because you said Realistic = Better
But clearly some of this shit isn't realistic at all so by your definition it should be bad. But you are talking about insurgency in a good light.
>You can have a game with realistic weapons that has unrealistic elements you dunce, no game will ever be 100% realistic, that's the point of a game.
But why is realistic = good
Can you explain me that singular thing? Why is the mere realism of something automatically a good thing?
>>
File: uZBUC.jpg (305KB, 2560x720px) Image search: [Google]
uZBUC.jpg
305KB, 2560x720px
>>377844947
>Yes they are because different companies program their games differently, and the player can feel that.
But that's not always true, a developer doesn't have to approach programming differently when creating a game.
>Go watch any play-through on youtube. 99.999999% of the footage will not have what is in the webm you posted.
Example
>But does it work for the gameplay?
The stealth grass?
No, not really, makes it a lot easier to cheese the shitty AI, which isn't a good thing.
>Why does insurgency have that bad graphics if it is trying to be realistic?
Because it runs on an old version of Source engine.
Why does Arma 2 have such bad graphics if it's trying to be realistic?
>The visual feedback is trash no?
Visual feedback has nothing to do with visuals like shadow quality and texture resolution, it relies more on animations, which are fine in Insurgency.
>But you can do melee in both games.
But I can't cast magic in CS.
>Funny because CSGO isn't RNG
Not even gonna bother reading the rest of that line.
Pic related.
>That the realism point falls flat on its face because it isn't important at all.
That doesn't make any sense, games aren't going to be able to 100% emulate real life (though you attempting to make that point with those sentences is funny because they were retardedly-worded), and expecting that is stupid, but they can emulate certain aspects like weapon reactions as close as possible.
It's like saying "I DON'T CONTROL THIS CHARACTER'S BREATHING, SHIT'S SO UNREALISTIC!"
>And why don't they negate the game's realistic aspects?
Because those unrealistic effects don't change the realistic aspects, ie. the weapons.
>Can a game be fully arcadey and be good?
Sure, there are plenty of good arcadey games.
>>
>>377844250
>Google it?
You are being obnoxious at this point. You cannot tell me that i have to google a game to understand weather or not the game is supposed to suck ass or not.
>When did I say that being realistic means a game is good?
Here >>377837781 "More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay."
>Where?
Follow the conversation for fuck sakes. You said QWOP was supposed to be bad and is bad in turn then you say ME is good but don't explain why it is any different from QWOP. The only thing you mentioned about ME was that it gave the player a lot of control and that it amounted to "amazing movement" but you say QWOP has bad movement even though it gives a lot of control aswell.
>But I did, as you quoted before, >"More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay."
No because you haven't explained why realistic is better yet. You just said it was inherently.
>>
>>377845528
>No you made the claim that it was impossible and i am merely asking if you are 100% certain that that is true.
Are you going to post some examples or not?
>But what makes it better exactly?
Who said anything about better? We're talking about having an actual community.
>Because you said Realistic = Better
No I didn't, don't put words in my mouth nigger, I said more realistic weapons = better gunplay, it's not my fault that you can't read.
>Why is the mere realism of something automatically a good thing?
It's not, this is an instance purely in games that attempt to be realistic.
If your game is aiming to have realistically-behaving weapons, then yes, having weapons that behave more realistically than the weapons created by other developers allows your game to more accurately replicate real life, and thus, allows your game to have more consistent animations, recoil, and weapon behavior, which assists in gunplay quality.
>>
File: 1470374353039.png (141KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
1470374353039.png
141KB, 502x502px
>>377838436
>needs mask to look even remotely attractive
>>
>>377845961
>You cannot tell me that i have to google a game to understand weather or not the game is supposed to suck ass or not.
In the case of QWOP you can, because everyone knows that QWOP was created as a joke game in an extremely short amount of time.
Or at least YOU would, if you weren't too stupid to know how to Google.
>"More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay."
Yes, BETTER GUNPLAY, not "good game".
Holy shit, why are you trying so hard to put words in my mouth?
>The only thing you mentioned about ME was that it gave the player a lot of control and that it amounted to "amazing movement" but you say QWOP has bad movement even though it gives a lot of control aswell.
No, I stated that ME had amazing movement that allowed you to more efficiently traverse the environment, QWOP's movement doesn't allow you to more efficiently control your character, the exact opposite is true in fact, which is why it's shit and ME's movement is not.
>No because you haven't explained why realistic is better yet.
But I literally just did, more accurate/realistic weapons control more similarly to actual weapons, and thus allow better gunplay.
>>
>>377825381

buyers remorse.
>>
>>377825381
It's not /v/ that hates the game, it is cancerous /pol/ cross-posters who can't keep their shit in their own board who hate the game. That and nintendo shills.
>>
>>377844250
>Then do it.
>Here, I'll post more examples of their shit AI.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bKj7KaYW80 [Embed]
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bpies08JYI [Embed]
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM2gz0FHfyM [Embed]
>Wasn't that hard.
>It's pretty accepted that Horizon has shit AI.
Here he goes again and actively tries to present Horizon AI in a bad light. Again this is in 2% of the enemies at best and it happens in less than 1% of the games scenarios. As you said before no game will ever be perfect, but why is the entirety of Horizons AI trash because of a few nitpicks. Should i then say all video games are bad because they all have glitches in them?
This is backwards logic mate.
>And you can't prove me wrong.
I have already proven you wrong. I told you where you could find my proof but you chose to find incidental proof of very specific things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJJpNFKW02k
Here you go. The proof.
99.999% of this has no example of what you are talking about.
>No, I'm saying that Horizon is SIMILAR to those SIMILAR games, you're the one trying to imply that I said that it's not different at all.
I never said it wasn't different. I always said that there are many differences you can't see from the outside but have to play.
>>
>>377844250
>Sure, arrows in Horizon have little to no arc and fly at much faster speeds than arrows in BotW, which have insane arcs and actual physics.
Can you explain exactly how this makes one better than the other?
>>
>the king is a spic
>the most intelligent man is a black guy
>the evil guy is white
>the ancients evil guy was white and fucked shit up
>wominz to the rescue
>>
>>377846532
>Here he goes again and actively tries to present Horizon AI in a bad light. Again this is in 2% of the enemies at best and it happens in less than 1% of the games scenarios.
Oh, so you're saying that you can't do any of the things posted in these videos?
So if you made a webm of Aloy hiding in the stealth grass, whistled to attract enemies, and slowly picked them off with a nice pile of bodies building up in front of you, the other enemies would know to avoid said pile and wouldn't come to the same spot the next time you whistled?
>but why is the entirety of Horizons AI trash because of a few nitpicks
Having AI that literally stands next to you in a hiding spot and doesn't notice you is pretty fucking bad anon, even Assassin's Creed has better AI than that.
>99.999% of this has no example of what you are talking about.
Just gonna skip around the video and find some examples.
Here's one:
https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=4753
And another:
https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=3140
And look at that, another:
https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=11487

You get the idea.
Enemies consistently will be a few meters away from Aloy while she loudly "stealth kills" an enemy, but because she's concealed by the ever-handy stealth grassâ„¢, they don't notice her.
>I never said it wasn't different.
Reading comprehension.
Re-read that line anon, I'm not saying that YOU said it wasn't different, I'm saying that YOU are implying that I said it wasn't different.
>>
>>377847024
I like how you people always forget that the main characters main mentor is white.

The story in Horizon is stupid and clichéd, but it's not some political propaganda. You are just as bad as the SJW's getting mad solely because a charactrer is white and male: you just get made when he is not white. It's equally as pathetic. You have literally became exactly what you originally set out to hate.
>>
>>377825381
at the very least I'm glad it did well enough to help Kojima instead of hurt him.
>>
>>377846636
Who said anything about it being better?
Having actual physics means there's more to take into account when aiming, which makes the aiming of said arrows more involved.
I don't know where you keep getting "better" for in this argument, it's almost like you're using it as a stand-in for any and all positive qualifiers.
>>
>>377845647
>But that's not always true, a developer doesn't have to approach programming differently when creating a game.
Yes they do because they don't share the same brain.
>No, not really, makes it a lot easier to cheese the shitty AI, which isn't a good thing.
How do you know that those clips you have seen are representative of the game you are talking about?
>Why does Arma 2 have such bad graphics if it's trying to be realistic?
That is my question to you mate.
Supposedly realistic = good.
>Visual feedback has nothing to do with visuals like shadow quality and texture resolution, it relies more on animations, which are fine in Insurgency.
It seems you don't understand the purpose og graphics in video games.
>But I can't cast magic in CS.
I have played CS and casted magic in that game. Grenades magically appear in your hand out of thin air.
>Not even gonna bother reading the rest of that line.
>Pic related.
http://csgoskills.com/academy/spray-patterns/
Moving the mouse even slightly changes the pattern.
Novice mistake.
>games aren't going to be able to 100% emulate real life and expecting that is stupid
But you are still arguing that realistic = better.
>It's like saying "I DON'T CONTROL THIS CHARACTER'S BREATHING, SHIT'S SO UNREALISTIC!"
So why do you have to control the character better in assassins creed then? When does it end? When do you have enough control and when do you have too much? Who gets to decide what is good and bad?
>Sure, there are plenty of good arcadey games.
But you just said realistic = good. How can arcadeyness improve anything?
I am literally just using your own words in this conversation.
>Are you going to post some examples or not?
Are you 100% certain it is true? I asked you first. You have the burden of solid replicable proof here.
>>
>>377847671
>How do you know that those clips you have seen are representative of the game you are talking about?
Every time I've seen the stealth grass it shows off how shitty the AI is in the game.
Can you post an example of it where the AI doesn't behave idiotically?
>Supposedly realistic = good.
According to whom?
Please point out where I stated that realistic = good.
>It seems you don't understand the purpose og graphics in video games.
No, I do, I think you're the one who doesn't.
>Grenades magically appear in your hand out of thin air.
Not true, if you actually watch the third person animation your character pulls the grenade from his waist.
>http://csgoskills.com/academy/spray-patterns/
Do you even read the shit you post?
>The spray pattern of any weapon in CS:GO is a result of:
>1. Inaccuracy
>Inaccuracy adds a measure of randomness to the otherwise fixed recoil pattern. It is different for every weapon and is affected at least by the following factors:
>The mood of Valves dev team
>But you are still arguing that realistic = better.
In the case of weapons and gunplay in a game that's trying to be realistic, yes, it does.
>So why do you have to control the character better in assassins creed then?
Because I want to jump on my own instead of only being able to jump when the game says I can?
In the case of AC it's especially egregious, in fucking Syndicate you'll end up launching yourself off of fucking rooftops when you just meant to jump to another chimney because of the game's awful controls that strip you of control of your movement.
>But you just said realistic = good.
No I didn't.
>I am literally just using your own words in this conversation
No, you're literally not, you're trying to put words in my mouth.
>You have the burden of solid replicable proof here.
No, that would be you, since you stated that it was possible in those games.
Now post the examples.
>>
>>377847031
>Oh, so you're saying that you can't do any of the things posted in these videos?
What?
>So if you made a webm of Aloy hiding in the stealth grass, whistled to attract enemies, and slowly picked them off with a nice pile of bodies building up in front of you, the other enemies would know to avoid said pile and wouldn't come to the same spot the next time you whistled?
I never made that claim. I just made the claim that you can only use this under very specific circumstances.
>Having AI that literally stands next to you in a hiding spot and doesn't notice you is pretty fucking bad anon, even Assassin's Creed has better AI than that.
That only happens if you have the equipment for it in game.
>Here's one:
>https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=4753 [Embed]
>And another:
>https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=3140 [Embed]
>And look at that, another:
>https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=11487 [Embed]
Eh i wouldn't say that is even comparable to what you posted before. It isn't intrusive really either.
Those were what 7 minutes out of a 20 hour video.
Damn that means that whole 20 hours is bad huh?
>, but because she's concealed by the ever-handy stealth grassâ„¢, they don't notice her.
No it is also because of the equipment she is wearing gives her more to stealth.
I guess having equipment give you more HP is also too far out to be accepted huh? I mean how can an armor give you more life? amirite?
>Re-read that line anon, I'm not saying that YOU said it wasn't different, I'm saying that YOU are implying that I said it wasn't different.
Well so? You did say that Horizon wasn't any different from that list of games you made earlier.
>>
>2017 and SJWs are still getting away with shilling this leftist propaganda no-soul corporate bullshit game
>>
>>377848551
>What?
You can't cheese the AI by using their idiocy to your advantage in any case?
>I never made that claim. I just made the claim that you can only use this under very specific circumstances.
That stealth grass is fucking everywhere in the game, the only circumstances that you can't make use of it is in boss fights.
>That only happens if you have the equipment for it in game.
Even in the beginning of the full playthrough you posted it happens multiple times, right at the beginning.
>Damn that means that whole 20 hours is bad huh?
I can assume that the stealth is just as bad in the rest of the 20 hours as it is in those instances (and all the other instances I've seen, including the anon who streamed the game before release).
>No it is also because of the equipment she is wearing gives her more to stealth.
It's the beginning of the game, either the game gives it to you too early (which makes it easy to cheese the enemy), or the AI is even worse.
>You did say that Horizon wasn't any different from that list of games you made earlier.
Are you an ESL?
Do you not know the difference between "similar" and "the same?"
>>
>>377830180
i dont remember any forced stealth sections...
>>
>>377849145
Literally beginning of the game forces you to have get a injured boy away from watchers by stealthing through the area.

Sad that there are faggots like you who don't even play what you preach.
>>
>>377848530
>Every time I've seen the stealth grass it shows off how shitty the AI is in the game.

You are being obnoxious at this point. Let me guess. All 3rd person games with stealth mechanics have bad AI then.
>Can you post an example of it where the AI doesn't behave idiotically?
i posted that 20 hour video and you automatically zeroed in on specific parts of the game that were balanced to give the player leniancy and said that is the only part of the game you need to see to be convinced that it is bad.
>According to whom?
>Please point out where I stated that realistic = good.
Here >>377837781 You said Insurgency was good because it was realistic(better)
>No, I do, I think you're the one who doesn't.
The purpose of graphics in video games is to give the player visual feedback from their actions.
>Not true, if you actually watch the third person animation your character pulls the grenade from his waist.
It just appears in his hand when he puts it near to his waist.
>Do you even read the shit you post?
How do you think they program aimbots? Just curious.
Negligible randomness because it still relates to certain parameters. He writes "the mood of the valve team" but that is not entirely true. It is just a bitch moan because he doesn't understand the system.
>Because I want to jump on my own instead of only being able to jump when the game says I can?
Oh but why is that opinion true? How does jumping around "on your own" make it inherently better than when the game says you can?
>No I didn't.
Yes you did >>377837781
>No, you're literally not, you're trying to put words in my mouth.
But you did say that Horizon wasn't any different than other similar games.
>No, that would be you, since you stated that it was possible in those games.
I already posted the 20 hours video. It includes gameplay where the player isn't in stealth aswell. I don't know why you only choose to look at the stealth AI.
>>
File: 1492414398684.jpg (476KB, 1280x923px) Image search: [Google]
1492414398684.jpg
476KB, 1280x923px
>>377825381
Why did you bring up this forgotten relic?

Nobody has talked about it for literal months anywhere because there was nothing to talk about.

Nothing to write home about.

Simply nothing.

The silly SJW stuff is literally the only thing remembered / posted about in image form and that shit is rare too.
>>
>>377848903
>You can't cheese the AI by using their idiocy to your advantage in any case?
Of course you can i even explained what circumstances you would do it in. Gather up the stealth gear and abuse the enemies. The game is built around giving the player some stealth leniency.
>That stealth grass is fucking everywhere in the game, the only circumstances that you can't make use of it is in boss fights.
That isn't even true. Yes it is most places in the game but you can't just abuse all enemies with it. You can't just 1 shot kill all enemies from the bush. That is just not possible.
>I can assume that the stealth is just as bad in the rest of the 20 hours as it is in those instances (and all the other instances I've seen, including the anon who streamed the game before release).
Assumptions assumptions. The fact is that it isn't even invasive to the experience. Especially since most of the game doesn't allow for that cheese thing you are talking about. But keep using that as your singular point to dislike the game.
>It's the beginning of the game, either the game gives it to you too early (which makes it easy to cheese the enemy), or the AI is even worse.
No that isn't the case. It is simply because the tall grass is there for the player to not be detected. I guess it is because you dont' think it is visually believable enough?
>Do you not know the difference between "similar" and "the same?"
You said it wasn't any different from other games that are similar.

if something isn't different from something else then it is the same.
>>
>>377849889
>You are being obnoxious at this point. Let me guess. All 3rd person games with stealth mechanics have bad AI then.
Most of them, yes.
To give you an idea, fucking BotW has a sound/visibility meter, and that makes stealth much more challenging than in Horizon, it's not hard to make stealth that's not trash.
>i posted that 20 hour video and you automatically zeroed in on specific parts of the game that were balanced to give the player leniancy and said that is the only part of the game you need to see to be convinced that it is bad.
So I should post some examples from ~10-15 hours in?
Okay, if you say so.
https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=42159
https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=45281
>Here >>377837781 (You) You said Insurgency was good because it was realistic
No, I stated, and I quote, "Very few modern FPS games don't try to represent their weapons in a realistic manner, and Insurgency did so BETTER than other FPS games."
Nowhere do I imply that realistic automatically means good, I'm convinced that you're an ESL.
>The purpose of graphics in video games is to give the player visual feedback from their actions.
And?
>It just appears in his hand when he puts it near to his waist.
Only due to engine limitations, that's not magic.
>It is just a bitch moan because he doesn't understand the system.
So you're hinging your argument on a webpage made by someone who you admit doesn't actually understand the system?
>Yes you did
Again, I'm convinced you're an ESL.
>But you did say that Horizon wasn't any different than other similar games.
No I didn't, I said it was similar.
>It includes gameplay where the player isn't in stealth aswell. I don't know why you only choose to look at the stealth AI.
Because it's an example of egregiously shitty AI.
>>
File: reddit trump.png (59KB, 400x188px) Image search: [Google]
reddit trump.png
59KB, 400x188px
>>377832079
sadly yes
What I would give for them going back
>>
>>377850575
>Of course you can i even explained what circumstances you would do it in. Gather up the stealth gear and abuse the enemies. The game is built around giving the player some stealth leniency.
You can cheese the enemy even without the stealth gear, as seen in the beginning, because the enemies are retarded.
>That isn't even true. Yes it is most places in the game but you can't just abuse all enemies with it. You can't just 1 shot kill all enemies from the bush.
You can literally sit in the bush, whistle, attract a single enemy, kill them, and repeat the process until all enemies in the nearby area are dead.
That is a textbook example of cheesing.
>The fact is that it isn't even invasive to the experience
Again, the stealth grass is EVERYWHERE, and it can be cheesed not only in just about every human encounter, but also in many of the smaller robot encounters.
>It is simply because the tall grass is there for the player to not be detected. I guess it is because you dont' think it is visually believable enough?
I don't like shit systems that rely on on/off detection for stealth, again, if BotW can do it, Horizon should have done it.
But it didn't, because it's aiming for mass appeal among the Ubisoft crowd.
>You said it wasn't any different from other games that are similar.
Again, I said it was similar.
>>
>>377827547
Bioshock Infinite was shit though.

Unlike HZD, Bioshock had two pevious games which were vastly superior.
>>
/v/ is the only place that still talks about this game
>>
>>377850780
>To give you an idea, fucking BotW has a sound/visibility meter, and that makes stealth much more challenging than in Horizon, it's not hard to make stealth that's not trash.
How do you objectively determine if it is trash or not?
>So I should post some examples from ~10-15 hours in?
>Okay, if you say so.
>https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=42159 [Embed]
>https://youtu.be/JJJpNFKW02k?t=45281 [Embed]
We fundamentally disagree on how to determine wether or not that is bad or not. How do you determine objectively that it is bad?
>No, I stated, and I quote, "Very few modern FPS games don't try to represent their weapons in a realistic manner, and Insurgency did so BETTER than other FPS games."
You said "More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay"
>Nowhere do I imply that realistic automatically means good, I'm convinced that you're an ESL.
But how do you determine objectively that it is better then? You ragged on me for not giving you anything other than vague buzzwords more or less and when i am asking you how you objectively determine it you also just give me buzzwords like realistic and "better" without giving me any substance that can be factual.
>Only due to engine limitations, that's not magic.
>This thing appearing out of thin air didn't happen because of magic or something similar to it.
How do you determine that?
>So you're hinging your argument on a webpage made by someone who you admit doesn't actually understand the system?
Not hinging anything. He proved in his own post that it was based on actual parameters. Besides a PC can't produce anything random.
>Again, I'm convinced you're an ESL.
The fuck is that?
>No I didn't, I said it was similar.
Everytime i mentioned something good about horizon you kept saying that it wasn't different from those other games. That is bullshit though.
>Because it's an example of egregiously shitty AI.
Why?
>>
>>377851059
>You can cheese the enemy even without the stealth gear, as seen in the beginning, because the enemies are retarded.
You call it cheese but i see it as very simple hiding from the enemy. You can't just stand up in the tall grass to get the same effect. You have to be crouched.
>You can literally sit in the bush, whistle, attract a single enemy, kill them, and repeat the process until all enemies in the nearby area are dead.
>That is a textbook example of cheesing.
>Again, the stealth grass is EVERYWHERE, and it can be cheesed not only in just about every human encounter, but also in many of the smaller robot encounters.
You can't do that to all enemies by a long shot. So stop pretending like it is a prominent part of the game. it just isn't.
>I don't like shit systems that rely on on/off detection for stealth, again, if BotW can do it, Horizon should have done it.
>But it didn't, because it's aiming for mass appeal among the Ubisoft crowd.
If the enemy bumps into you it detects you so that isn't true either.
>Again, I said it was similar.
You said it wasn't any different aswell.
>>
>>377825381
multiculti shit. not fun.
>>
>>377851458
>How do you objectively determine if it is trash or not?
If there's no way to tell just how hidden I am, or if AI only reacts to stealth via [hidden] and [not hidden], then it's trash.
>We fundamentally disagree on how to determine wether or not that is bad or not. How do you determine objectively that it is bad?
Who said bad? I stated that the AI behaves idiotically and posted some examples, then I posted more from later in the video.
>You said "More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay"
Yes, better gunplay.
What does that have to do with realism being good?
>But how do you determine objectively that it is better then?
You don't, this argument isn't about what's better objectively because that's stupid, there's no such thing as objective good.
All I asked for from you was detail (which you still refuse to provide), I didn't go off on some retarded tangent about semantics and what is or isn't objective.
>How do you determine that?
I'm not arguing semantics.
>Not hinging anything. He proved in his own post that it was based on actual parameters.
Nope, those inaccuracies are always going to be present, and they're randomly determined, ergo RNG.
>Besides a PC can't produce anything random.
Semantics
>The fuck is that?
English as a Secondary Language
AKA someone who doesn't properly understand the English language, because you certainly act like it.
>Everytime i mentioned something good about horizon you kept saying that it wasn't different from those other games. That is bullshit though.
No, I asked how it was fundamentally different and you avoided the question almost every time or posted something vague like "it's polished" which has no actual meaning because every game is "polished" outside of maybe shitty little indie games.
>Why?
Why what?
>>
>>377825381
Because viral marketing is a bannable offense on 4chan.
>>
>>377851089
Yet when it came out the Normies and Gaf and virtually everywhere else thought of it as a game for intellectuals while /v/ proclaimed that it wasn't a 1/4th of the game shown 4 months prior and the story was utter fucking nonsense that the games rules didn't even enforce.
/v/ thought it was shit. a vast majority of everyone else in the community thought it was the second coming of jesus for like 5 months.
>>
>>377851642
>You call it cheese but i see it as very simple hiding from the enemy. You can't just stand up in the tall grass to get the same effect. You have to be crouched.
You're still visible though, so you're not actually hidden.
If you were more obscured by the grass you'd have a point, but as it stands we, the viewer, can clearly see Aloy's head sticking out a good half a foot above the grass, so if the enemies can't see her they much be either blind or stupid.
>You can't do that to all enemies by a long shot.
You can do it to just about every human and many of the smaller robots, that's a significant enough amount of the enemies.
>If the enemy bumps into you it detects you so that isn't true either.
This is true for games with shit stealth as well, though we've seen examples where enemies will be right in front of her and not notice her.
>You said it wasn't any different aswell.
>CTRL + F
>any different
>Only examples are from your posts
???
>>
>>377825381
they don't actually play video games
>>
File: 1492321651473.png (48KB, 1303x890px) Image search: [Google]
1492321651473.png
48KB, 1303x890px
>>377825381
>>
>>377851917
>If there's no way to tell just how hidden I am, or if AI only reacts to stealth via [hidden] and [not hidden], then it's trash.
why?
>Who said bad? I stated that the AI behaves idiotically and posted some examples, then I posted more from later in the video.
But if it isn't bad then why bring it up as a negative?
>Yes, better gunplay.
>What does that have to do with realism being good?
Why is it better gunplay for being realistic?
>You don't, this argument isn't about what's better objectively because that's stupid, there's no such thing as objective good.
Then stop pretending like there is. You call some stuff idiotic and other stuff trash but you don't even have any objective measurement for why any of those things are trash or idiotic.
I think i am about done with you.
You can call it semantics but i am just showing you the gap in your logic.
>Only examples are from your posts
>???
I give you an example of something that is inherently different in all video games
You respond with:
>"But this still applies to most similar games, AKA Far Cry 4 or Dying Light."
>But this still applies
As in this is the same in these other games.

That just isn't true is my main point here. The quality of the implementation is the big differentiator. How it feels to play is the big difference. But you didn't think those were good enough words to describe it even though you used words like "More accurate animations = more realistic weapons = more realistic (better) gunplay" ie. not giving me any solid fundament to agree with you just subjective opinions.
The only thing i can say is much different from those other games are the obvious such as enemies as i explained at the beginning and then the implementation of all of these systems are much better done than in those ubisoft games.
>>
File: angry daisy.gif (3MB, 426x324px) Image search: [Google]
angry daisy.gif
3MB, 426x324px
>>377825381

We have a very vocal Nintendo fan base that is critical of anything not made for children.
>>
>>377853326
Haven't owned a Nintendo console since the snes.
Have owned sony consoles since the ps1.
Horizon is boring. rather play anything else that came out that month. everything in that game has been done but better in other recent games.
>>
>>377853206
>why?
Why what?
>But if it isn't bad then why bring it up as a negative?
Because it is a negative.
Unless you like stupid AI in games I guess.
>Why is it better gunplay for being realistic?
Because it's a game that aims for realism.
>You call some stuff idiotic and other stuff trash but you don't even have any objective measurement for why any of those things are trash or idiotic.
I don't need an objective measurement because in an argument about a fucking video game it's assumed that we're arguing based on opinions and not objective facts you autist.
>As in this is the same in these other games.
Again, you must be an ESL.
Saying this applies to other games != this is the same in other games you dumbfuck.
>The quality of the implementation is the big differentiator. How it feels to play is the big difference.
And my point is that that doesn't actually mean anything, saying that the quality is different doesn't explain how and saying it feels different doesn't explain how (not that it matters because arguing from feelings is so fallacious it's hilarious).
>>
>>377853537
>have not owned Sony consoles past ps1
>claims the game is boring.

Kek
>>
>>377825381
They have shit taste.
>>
>>377853879
Reread that sweetie. I think you may have had a stroke.
>>
>>377853879
are you retarded?
>>
>>377853879
Holy fucking hell /v/ gets dumber every day.
>>
>>377827548
kek
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.