[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled... How dead is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (531KB, 602x423px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
531KB, 602x423px
So now that the dust has settled...

How dead is it?
>>
Pretty fucking dead. I played around the F2P release and even then it was dying about a month in. Must be a graveyard now.
>>
I wanted to get into the game with a group of friends. Is it actually worth it if you play with your buddies?
>>
>>377823716
The dust has settled so long ago geologists use it for fucking carbon dating.
>>
man i should have tried it before it died
seemed really cool but all my friends said its shit so i didnt try it
did anyone play it at its hight and has something good to say about it?
>>
Lol i played this about two weeks ago for the first time, its beyond dead. Which is sad because this is honestly the best mmo ive played in a very long time
>>
>>377823927
>>377824096
this. wasnt ftp about 18 months ago? original release being a year before that?
>>
>>377824213
I played with /vg/ for a while. The PvE content is a ton of fun if you have decent people to play it with. I can't ever imagine pugging a lot of the Veteran dungeons because they were seriously challenging but so rewarding.
>>
>>377824535
what killed it for you?
did people just stop playing or was there a big reason?
>>
It was a pretty cool game when it wasn't dead. Shame it died.
>>
File: 1465177623435.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1465177623435.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
The game had the worst fucking PvP I have straight up ever seen in a game. The Guild War 2 dev's had more of a clue of how thing's worked, and that's saying something because some of those people, like the lead warrior dev lived on the fucking moon.

PvE consisted of the "remember the molten core, old school TBC crowd? yeah, those times owned! lets get that crowd!" and then forgot that their game does not interest people who are in their fucking 40's with children.

Also you just use whatever hacks you want and not have to deal with repercussions as long as you weren't chinese. Great game for making actual real life dosh on the other monitor as you play a actual game that isn't dog shit.
>>
One of the best housing systems in games. RIP Wildstar, shame game didn't became more popular.
>>
>>377823716
>that bootleg Ratchet
>>
Does this game have controller support?
>>
>>377824616
The general wasn't as big as other MMO generals so when it came to raiding it was hard to get a good roster going. People had to get attuned and geared up and a lot of players were just in for the casual/ERP side of things. We had a couple of good ones but then things started winding down, people got sidetracked by other things, etc. Threads died soon after.
>>
File: 1256976766926s.png (64KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
1256976766926s.png
64KB, 208x200px
>>377823716
>>377823927
I haven't paid any attention to this game for a very long time

What happened? What went wrong?
>>
>>377825053
MMOs are a dying genre first and foremost. Then the crowd this game was trying to appeal to moved on long ago, it was doomed from the start.
>>
>>377824616

The game died because it was too hard for most people.

I played Wildstar since before the beta and there's one specific part of attunement that killed off most of the player-base.

Getting silver on the Malgrave trail adventure.

W* has "adventures" along with dungeons. They're basically large, open instances with multiple branching paths to take.

The Malgrave trail was the longest adventure and riddled with RNG. You had to know exactly what route to take and then get lucky with RNG to even have a chance of getting a silver ranking.

PvP was a complete clusterfuck as well. Once I geared up my Spellslinger with PvP equips, I was literally unkillable, going 50-0 in most games.

The biggest flaw in the game though was the aesthetic. Despite what most hardcore gamers say, MMOs are mostly about dress-up and getting gear that looks badass is just as important as getting gear that has good stats. All of the gear in Wildstar looks like garbage, because the game looks like garbage.

I really wanted the game to work, and loved it while it was fresh, but its flaws really start catching up and overwhelming you after a while.
>>
Also, game performance on launch was really poor. Even pretty good machines struggled to maintain stable fps in cities and raids.
>>
>>377823716
>wildstar
viral
>>
>>377825263
i thought it was because of the fuck fest that was the launch
constant disconnecting
shitty servers
etc
>>
>>377825263
what a shame
the game looked promising but from what you told me its clear that they fucked up bad
thanks for writing all that out
>>
>>377825053
Company wanted to make the next WoW, got mediocre numbers, stopped updating the game at all.
>>
>>377825053
Shitty wow clone. Boring and slow leveling, uninspired locations and quests, no endgame content.
>>
>>377825263
I think they removed the silver for all veteran adventures part of the attunement. It was just dungeons when I played I believe. I sure as shit don't remember doing Malgrave more than once and I know I didn't get silver.
>>
File: whats wrong ani kun.jpg (43KB, 599x591px) Image search: [Google]
whats wrong ani kun.jpg
43KB, 599x591px
>>377823716
Didn't they have to gut the poor dev studio for making this shit?
>>
>>377825963
>I have never played WildStar
>I have never played WoW
FTFY pick one
>>
File: 1481516503379.gif (106KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1481516503379.gif
106KB, 633x758px
>>377824652
>PvE consisted of the "remember the molten core, old school TBC crowd? yeah, those times owned! lets get that crowd!" and then forgot that their game does not interest people who are in their fucking 40's with children.
>>
File: 1483037778349.jpg (7KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1483037778349.jpg
7KB, 126x126px
>>377825263
>making valid well worded points as to why the game died out
Okay cool.
>The biggest flaw in the game though was the aesthetic.
Awh you were doing so well. When will people learn to make objective arguments instead of stating their opinions as facts.
>objectivity on /v/
an anon can dream...
>>
>>377828374
He's right though, going for a SUPER deformed cartoony style turned off alot of people especially when their is no shortage of pretty korean MMOs for people to make their virtual waifus in instead.
>>
File: wut.jpg (12KB, 364x434px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
12KB, 364x434px
>>377829095
>He's right though
You mean you share his opinion
>>
Damn I had a blast in closed beta, I probably got in like a year before release in the first wave if keys

Havnt played or paid any attention to it since, kinda sad I thought it had potential
>>
>>377823716
I honestly don't understand how it hasn't been shutdown yet
>>
>>377823716
only good thing about this garbage is that the mecharia (or whatever the fuck they are called) women are hot
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.