[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You faggots were right, this is not bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
You faggots were right, this is not bad
>>
>Automata made Nier popular
I don't know whether to be angry or happy
>>
File: popgasm.png (234KB, 541x376px) Image search: [Google]
popgasm.png
234KB, 541x376px
post nier tracks that give you diamonds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqXPW0oBKgg
>>
File: 11894229.jpg (472KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
11894229.jpg
472KB, 600x450px
>>377821418
Fags who played Automata probably don't care about the other games so I'm mad. At least we might get DOD remake though so hey that's one good thing about it
>>
This vidyakino needs a PC port.
>>
When have I ever been wrong?
>>
File: 62713313_p11.jpg (530KB, 868x948px) Image search: [Google]
62713313_p11.jpg
530KB, 868x948px
>>377821749
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1DVqk4zLY

that's mostly because i associate that track with N2 though.
>>
>>377822761
21th of March 2011.
Your granma has never forgiven you.
>>
I just finished Automata - A B C D E endings all - and I desperatly want this now. But I'm a PC fag, so fuck me, right?
>>
>>377824784
Wait for a possible remake or buy a PS3
>>
>>377822013
I've only played automata, but now I want to play the previous games
Wish I didn't though, can't fucking find them
>>
>>377822013
>don't care about the other games so I'm mad
>the reprint of Nier is selling out

You live in opposite land or something?
>>
File: 1493042987040.jpg (129KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493042987040.jpg
129KB, 700x700px
>>377819973
>using Youtube let's play thumbnails as pics
Wew lad.
>>
best track coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVN9i1O1OMQ
>>
>>377821418
>played nier 1 a few years ago and loved it
>try to get my friend to play it
>nah man that game looks like ass and I don't really like sad stories
>fine whatever
>tell him how hyped I am for automata
>it looks ok. Platinum is making it so I guess I'll get it
>tell him to play nier 1 first
>no way man, besides taro said I could just watch a playthrough on YouTube right? And he said the stories are nearly unrelated.
>nigga fine. As long as you know the story I guess.
>no its too sad. I don't want to know the story for nier 1
>game finally comes out
>i ask him "what do you think of the story? Is it good?"
>I don't know I spent most of the time looking at her ass and ignoring 9S. BTW who the fuck is devola and popola? Why is Emil so ugly? Why is he just a head? Beast bane is a stupid sword name. There's a dlc that turns the robot into a book. What the fuck is up with these white flowers?

I'm glad nier is getting more attention but I'm starting to feel like it's for the wrong reasons.
>>
"Nier 1 is great" is the biggest lie /v/ has ever spun

Boring characters, terrible writing, ugly looking world,
thousands of the same shit looking enemy shade again and again
The gameplay is almost decent, but so repetitive and unsatisfying
Half the music is great, the choral stuff mostly, shame it's only in 2 areas of the game, the vocal ballads are cringe as fuck
It's all concept and poor execution

Automata improves on it in pretty much every way
Better story, less-annoying characters, slightly better world,
still the same thousands of one enemy but at least they have personality this time
Combat is repetitive but super satisfying, I almost want to go into unnecessary side battles every time just to have fun with them
The shump levels are a great change of pace and are fun albeit stock and at times a clusterfuck of background noise
The sidequests are still garbage, a little more thought put into the backstories of characters this time at least
>>
I'm legit salty that people will play Automata first and the watch a let's play of OG NieR
>>
Finished Nier recently. I feel like replicant has to be canon. Some of the writing/animations are too weird and cheesy to come from a 40 year old man. Bizarre localization.
>>
>>377828194
I bet he googled Nier and took whatever was there

Protip OP: You can just copy-paste the URL of the image and upload the image that way, no need to actually download it
>>
>>377829239

thats how it is, papaNier was a localization change after all

i think its hilarious though and much more memorable than yet another coming of age story for a teen
>>
>>377829659
>thats how it is,
Except Automata references bot Papa an Niii-chan.
Considering the whole multiverse shenanigans in DoD3 it's not unlikely both stories are canon.
>>
I just beat it last week and it was pretty damn good. I bought it a little bit before last summer and only played up until I had to get Yonah the fish. I stopped because I was fishing at the wrong beach and couldn't get a bite. I can't believe I waited so long to play it though. The only problem I have is that most of the lore explaining the backstory to everything isn't present in the game. I still don't quite understand how the replicant thing is supposed to work though.
>>
>>377829861

Doesn't change obvious facts, if you played the fucking game is glaringly obvious it was made entirely with a young kid protag in mind, don't give me this retro-canonized bullshit, the dude is moving with a young guys animation and is naive like a 15 year old half the time.

This is not a lore question, but a simple game development one, and the game was simply not developed with an old man protagonist in mind, that was decided on after the fact.
god am I ever tired of people spouting their inane bullshit just so they can feel like they are "right"
>>
>>377829239
It's actually even worse than Persona 1 imo. That ugly ass eyepatch in place of the growth spurt was so pointless lmao.

>>377829861
>Except Automata references bot Papa an Niii-chan.
Where?
>>
>>377829239

wrong way around. Father nier was the original, brother nier was added later when they realized japan was not going to enjoy playing as a grown man.

replicant > gestalt though
>>
>>377829659
Papa Nier isn't a localization change though. Two versions of Nier came out in Japan, Papa Nier on Xbox and Bro Nier on PS3. Its not ridiculous for both to be canon, but the game is clearly written with Bro Nier as the main protag. The timeskip makes more sense because he actually ages into an adult, the relationship with Kaine and Emil makes more sense.
>>
File: 1491948509742.jpg (232KB, 1200x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1491948509742.jpg
232KB, 1200x1034px
>>377828494
Yeah I'm beginning to feel that way too

>While ago in some automata thread someone was posting pics of A2
>Someone responds telling people to stop posting picture of 2b without her blindfold and goes on to explain that the blindfold is a key part of her character or something and explains how it's important
>People tell him it's a different character and call him a retard
>"lmao I haven't played the games why do they looks the same"

This was at least a month after the game came out too.
>>
>>377830829

I don't give a shit about your needless nitpicking hair splitting bullshit - it WAS a localization change, regardless if they also put it out for japan in both ways, we didn't get bro nier so no, there is no "two versions" for everyone, theres one for one locale, another for another locale, which also got released for the japs because why not.

Everything makes more sense for bro nier, every side material uses bro nier, the fucking animations in-game expect bro-nier, even in gestalt because they didn't bother adjusting them. For all intents and purposes, regardless of the minor details involved in the release an duality of the title, theres one original Taro thought up, and one they thought up at the end of the development cycle, and thats papa Nier.

>>377830790
is just factually wrong and I honestly don't know how the fuck could someone convince themselves of this
>>
>>377828494
>>nah man that game looks like ass and I don't really like sad stories
>>no its too sad. I don't want to know the story for nier 1
This "too sad" reasoning for not touching something makes me really mad. I see people do this with movies and anime too. Even music.
>>
>>377831510
I don't mind sad stories, but sometimes I'm just not into the mood for them.
>>
>>377832363
Then you're not who I'm complaining about.
>>
File: zearth.jpg (166KB, 1051x750px) Image search: [Google]
zearth.jpg
166KB, 1051x750px
>>377831510
These people can't even begin to comprehend the meaning of "sad".
>>
>>377831510
Just trick your friends and make them think it's something else
>>
Would Automata even be popular and have sold well had 2B not been the poster girl for it?
>>
>>377833612

Yes, Taro fans and Platinum fans would've still made a fuss about it.
>>
>>377833612
Fuck no. Most people still believe that she's the main character.
>>
>>377833935
This. All the "did machines create Yorha?" and "did the build many bunkers and other Yorhas?" questions I had to answer here made me think people can't follow even basic plot lines at all.
>>
>>377834218

People are fucking retarded, thats why Taro has to be so extremely hamfisted with his themes and even character traits at times
Subtlety is completely lost on the plebs.
>>
>>377833612
It'd still be niche if they used 9S as a poster boy but Taro's audience + Platinums audience probably would have made it sell enough to be successful. A lot of people would have bitched about having a 5 foot fuckboy as the mc though me included.
>>
>>377833612
Would MGS2 even be popular and have sold well had Snake not been the poster boy for it?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.